Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

We're conferring with our High Scholar now. Consider us at least interested.
However, we may require compensation of some sort if it does turn out to be a Wealth or Knowledge sticker and you sign it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Treasurer
...we've performed some calculations, and we don't think the current circumstances are worth it. Sorry.

Aye-aligned folks: can we maybe chip in? Only if we don't sign, though.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Quackles posted:

Treasurer
...we've performed some calculations, and we don't think the current circumstances are worth it. Sorry.

Aye-aligned folks: can we maybe chip in? Only if we don't sign, though.

House Lethe

I assume you meant ‘nay’?

We are interested in ‘nay’ but we are still waiting to hear from Pinchay.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jun 8, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Nay. Yes. I meant to say 'Nay'.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Quackles posted:

Nay. Yes. I meant to say 'Nay'.

We’re interested in something to get a ‘nay’ vote, but Lethe and Daucus only have 13 power and Gambol has 14. So Pinchay or Cyfoeth would need to assist.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
House Cyfoeth
Mobile Senator Posting

Why would we want a false memoir to be circulated when her real exploits are already worthy of song and tale? These tall tales probably need debunking.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

House Pinchay: Would you be willing to majorly vote Nay?

House Cyfoeth: Would you be willing to Pass?

House Gambol: If Aye happens anyway, would you be willing to sell signing rights (assuming not a Wealth or Knowledge positive sticker)?

Quackles fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 8, 2021

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Passing is not in our interest here. We will be supporting the abdication of the Failed Queen.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Acting Foreman

I think in this case, propping up the queen's regime would have to have coins attached, since we'd be eating a negative agenda. Otherwise, we'll just be going Aye as well. It feels like it'd be easier to just scrap this reign and start over rather than trying to salvage what we've got.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Blastinus posted:

Acting Foreman

I think in this case, propping up the queen's regime would have to have coins attached, since we'd be eating a negative agenda. Otherwise, we'll just be going Aye as well. It feels like it'd be easier to just scrap this reign and start over rather than trying to salvage what we've got.

How many coins are we talking? Lethe may be willing to scrape them together.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 9, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Blastinus posted:

Acting Foreman

Treasurer

We're rich. How does 9 Coins (6 from us, 3 from Lethe) sound? That's what you'd call a Queen's Ransom, I'd say.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Quackles posted:

Treasurer

We're rich. How does 9 Coins (6 from us, 3 from Lethe) sound? That's what you'd call a Queen's Ransom, I'd say.

Lethe may be willing to match Daucus’ 6 coins, but we will need to check with the treasurer.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Coins are another -stability from disappearing, something you can't prevent again. Stickers, especially the positive one you'd be in contention for, last much longer.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The problem is that we've run the agenda numbers and predictions. In the current state of the realm, forcing an abdication is middling for us, at best (something I'm sure you're aware, if your Agenda is what I suspect it to be.)

Ah, screw it. Let's do this!

Mostly Accurate Senate Status Report
brought to you by House Daucus

Man, it's been a while, hasn't it? And with the Kingdom on the brink of crisis. Let's see if we can avert it, and why.

Hidden Agenda Prediction

House Lethe is far removed from their passing and gathering power days. Now, they're trying to keep the realm stable-ish.

Agenda: Extremist
Explanation: House Lethe has synergy with Extremist - they'll fulfill an agenda achievement if they get it - and it's unlikely they picked Moderate as their second choice.

House Daucus has run the numbers on the end of the reign, and decided it's not worth it.

Agenda: Not Opportunist

House Pinchay is being royally paid to maybe save our rears, for a bit.

Agenda: Greedy
Explanation: I still think House Pinchay favors Greedy as an agenda - and they're accepting our deal here instead of saying 'to heck with it' as an Opportunist house would right now.

House Gambol is taking a leaf out of our book. Again. We did it first, G!

Agenda: Opportunist
Explanation: Why do you think they want the reign to end now? They're not Rebels by their own admission, so this is the perfect scoring position for them.

House Cyfoeth is making hay while the sun shines.

Agenda: Opulent
Explanation: House C got stuck with pot luck again, but this time there's a twist to all of this: as Opulent, they are now the lowest-scoring House. So they'd get the Prestige when the reign ended. No thanks, House C.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Senator

Not a logical reason to vote 'nay' at the moment. Maybe a token 1 power 'aye', or pass.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

Acting Foreman

Yeah, I think at this point, it's probably just a race to see who can get the sticker. Getting a -4 Knowledge and a -3 Wealth basically sealed the queen's doom. Sorry, but House Cyfoeth's argument is making a lot of sense here. I'll see you all in the next generation.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted

foreman

"okay then. I'm really tired." The ancient nobleman sit in his chair, barely awake.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Treasurer
Argh. Really?

Well, in that case.

We propose: House Gambol: If we pay you, say, 3 Coins, and vote Aye with some amount of Power, would you be inclined to let us sign any positive non-Wealth or Knowledge sticker?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Quackles posted:

Treasurer
Argh. Really?

Well, in that case.

We propose: House Gambol: If we pay you, say, 3 Coins, and vote Aye with some amount of Power, would you be inclined to let us sign any positive non-Wealth or Knowledge sticker?

I don't think your AYE vote is necessary for the outcome? If you need it for something else go ahead though.

If you get moderator we would give you a non-wealth/non-knowledge sticker if you break a tie in our favor.

Although, your offer has some merits:
In case we don't need a tie-breaker, we're selling the right to sign a non-wealth non-knowledge sticker for 4 coins. Payment only if this sticker gets delivered of course.
(If we need a moderator tiebreaker, we're going to need the sticker as part of the negotiations)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Omobono posted:

Although, your offer has some merits:

Seems straightforward enough.

Proposal: House Daucus will attempt to Pass and Become the Moderator. If this succeeds and tiebreaking is required, we will tiebreak in Gambol's favor in exchange for the sticker as aforesaid. If tiebreaking is not required, we will pay House Gambol 4 Coins for the sticker, also as aforesaid.

can be overruled by the high scholar as per usual but I think it won't be

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Quackles posted:

Proposal: House Daucus will attempt to Pass and Become the Moderator. If this succeeds and tiebreaking is required, we will tiebreak in Gambol's favor in exchange for the sticker as aforesaid. If tiebreaking is not required, we will pay House Gambol 4 Coins for the sticker, also as aforesaid.

good enough for me

E: even when tiebreaking a wealth/knowledge sticker stays with us

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Quackles posted:

High Scholar

I like it. Deal is official.

Midpost edit:

Omobono posted:

good enough for me

E: even when tiebreaking a wealth/knowledge sticker stays with us

The deal is also accepted, it seems.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Oblivion4568238 posted:

High Scholar

I like it. Deal is official.

Midpost edit:

The deal is also accepted, it seems.

Witnessed!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Reign of QueenHypatia II, Dilemma 3, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Votes Aye
Spends 14 Power (current: 0).
Gains 0 Coins (current: 22).

Votes Aye
Spends14 Power (current: 0).
Gains 0 Coins (current: 14).

Votes Aye
Spends 4 Power (current: 0).
Gains 0 Coins (current: 14).

Votes Pass and become Moderator (with a bid of 12 Coins)
Gains 0 Power (current: 9).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 16).

Votes Pass and gather Power
Gains 4 Power (current: 7).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 7).

Storyline bonus: +2 coins to everyone who voted for the winning side without opposition.
  • House Pinchay gains 2 Coins (current: 24).
  • House Gambol gains 2 Coins (current: 16).
  • House Cyfoeth[/b] gains 2 Coins (current: 16).

House Daucus wins the Moderation Bid! (current Coins: 4)

Vote goes to Moderation!
House Daucus moderates in favor of House Gambol!

Vote Outcome posted:

Envelope opened: -
N/A.

Resources and Stability change:

There currently are 18 cards in the Dilemma deck.

Chronicle stickers: 151

Updated.
The end of Queen Hypatia II's kingdom.

Houses - Final scores posted:

Hidden Agendas

Hidden Agenda: Greedy(1), 7x
Open Agenda(s): Welfare(P)(second), 1x
Final Power: 0.
Final Coins: 24(first), 8x
Total: 16 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Opportunist(5), 15x
Open Agenda(s): Wealth(P)Knowledge(P)Knowledge(P)
Final Coins: 16(second), 4x
Total: 19 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Opulent(1), 4x
Open Agenda(s): Morale(P)Wealth(N)(fifth), -3x Welfare(N)
Final Coins: 16(second), 4x
Total: 5 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Rebel(1), 9x
Open Agenda(s): Morale(N)(fourth), -1x
Final Power: 9(first), 2x
Final Coins: 4.
Total: 10 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Extremist(7), 7x
Open Agenda(s): Influence(P)(first), 3x Influence(N)
Final Power: 7(second), 1x
Final Coins: 7(third), 1x
Total: 12 Agenda Points

Prestige & Crave
1st place: House Gambol(2), Dukes of Solad, gains
2nd place: House Pinchay(7), Dukes of Gamam, gains
3rd place: House Lethe(12), Dukes of Natar, gains
4th place: House Daucus(5), Dukes of Olwyn, gains
Last place: House Cyfoeth(4), Dukes of Coden, gains
- House Lethe receives 3 additional because they completed an House Alignment!

NOTE: House Dacusu has received an additional because they were Rebel.
I have updated your House's Sheet with the Prestige/Crave score and updated the Alignment tracker with the Agendas you've picked so far. I've also marked down Achievement progress for the Houses that have managed to do them! These will remain secret until they are complete and will be revealed together with the bonus they provide then.

New Ruler's reign - Setup posted:

Chronicle Aging:

Resource Legacy

Story Legacy

Achievements Legacy

Prestige/Crave Rankings posted:

House Cyfoeth(4), Dukes of Coden: 34x, 2x
House Gambol(2), Dukes of Solad: 28x, 15x
House Daucus(5), Dukes of Olwyn: 25x, 10x
House Pinchay(7), Dukes of Gamam: 23x, 9x
House Lethe(12), Dukes of Natar: 22x, 13x
(P:12, C:16)
- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Slaan (also Treasurer)
(P:11, C:10)
- Sitting Councilmember: LPFinale (also Treasurer)
(P:8, C:11)
- Sitting Councilmember: scavy131 (also Treasurer)
(P:8, C:10)
- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: eliasswift (also Treasurer)
(P:6, C:10)
- Sitting Councilmember: Covski
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Bellmaker
NOTE: House Lethe can choose to assign one of their negative Open Agendas to another House. If they do so, they'll also pay them 2 Coins.

Hidden Agendas & Picking Order posted:

The House with the least Prestige is the first to pick, while the House with the most Prestige is the last. In case of a tie, the order is based on the "nobility" of the House itself, determined by the "House Number" on your House Sheet (the highest the number, the highest the nobility). The picking order for this reign is:
  • First Pick: House Lethe(12), Dukes of Natar
  • House Pinchay(7), Dukes of Gamam
  • House Daucus(5), Dukes of Olwyn
  • House Gambol(2), Dukes of Solad
  • Last Pick: House Cyfoeth(4), Dukes of Coden
:siren::siren::siren:
  • The current Sitting Councilmember for each House has 48h to submit their tiered preference for Hidden Agendas through PM/Email, putting all six in a scale from Tier 1 (want most) to Tier 6 (want least). You will be assigned the first Agenda available according to the picking order. NOTE: one Agenda is removed at random before the first House picks.
  • We need the Name of the next Ruler! Everyone is invited to submit their name of choice itt, the most popular will become the next puppet King!
  • It is time to give Hypatia II a nice epitaph (even if they most certainly probably are not dead). A few words or a sentence should do! The most popular (or my favorite, in case there's a tie) will be forever engraved in the OP, together with...
  • A picture to represent Hypatia II's portrait in the Hall of Rulers. You can grab one online, draw it yourself, paper machè it, the sky is the limit.
The time window is the same for the Agendas. If I get everything before the 48h window, I'll run the update then.
:siren::siren::siren:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Proposing king Hypatia IIbis
Who totally isn't queen Hypatia with a fake mustache.

I swear, the name must be cursed*.

*says the guy who couped both Hypatias

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

I swear, the name must be cursed*.
Well, OG Hypatia was also couped from life, so I guess it's true to form :v:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jun 9, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Proposing our next ruler be King Bel Riose III.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Queen Sophie-Anne shall be our next ruler

Hypatia is obviously The Unsuited

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Queen Hypatia was very generous in getting out of the way.

Queen Tripatia, first but also kind of.third of her name, could lead us.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard
Hail Hypatia II the Positive, Hypatia II the Unready, Hypatia II the Swift!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

That sticker should have been ours.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Quackles posted:

That sticker should have been ours.
It's Knowledge though? The deal was excluding Knowledge or Wealth.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
I'm a little bummed that Pinchay missed out on it, but we did burn Daucus at the last minute so I guess it's just.

Queen Hypatia the Censor seems appropriate. In her short reign, she suppressed two separate works, albeit for ideological reasons. Also she funded an expedition, but that doesn't fit as well.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

That Italian Guy posted:

It's Knowledge though? The deal was excluding Knowledge or Wealth.

By the terms of the deal, it correctly went to Gambol.

That we had to take the deal at all was a travesty.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Quackles posted:

By the terms of the deal, it correctly went to Gambol.

That we had to take the deal at all was a travesty.

That Gambol made that deal at all was... very magnanimous of them.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

So, I was talking with Quakles on Discord about how playing this game IRL is, and this reminded me that the other day I've managed to find the promo cards from the extra scenario that Horrible Guild is using to playtest the game at various conventions (I've played this in Essen a couple of years ago).

If I had to explain what this game is about with a couple of pics, these would probably be quite exhaustive.

Exibit 1

I won this vote and, as Duke Jesper "The Moderate", I've decided to allow the proliferation of an heretical cult in Ankist. This had most definitely nothing to do with the resources been moved around by the vote.

Exibit 2

Hey, I won the next vote too! Duke Jesper "The Moderate", has always been at war with the heretics.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Interregnum
The Reign of the second Queen named Hypatia was shortlived, but not uneventful. The historians will remember her for the decision to melt down the ancient secrets inscribed in the Golden Temple and for financing a massive expedition across the sea to discover the living remains of the Salaan Union. Everyone else will remember Bad Queen Hypatia as a ruler that made absolutely everyone in the Ankist unhappy.

Hypatia II's motto is "It's my first day".

There is some indecision about the new Ruler's name!
  • King Bel Riose III.
  • Queen Hypatia III/Hypatia IIbis/Trypatia - who's most definitely not Hypatia II with a moustache.
  • Queen Sophie-Anne.
Please vote your favorite!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

King Bel Riose III sounds good.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Quackles posted:

King Bel Riose III sounds good.

I likewise support this new kingly nominee.

It's been far too long, past living memory honestly, since Bel Riose II and it may be time for the stability a dignified nomen provides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

scavy131 posted:

I likewise support this new kingly nominee.

It's been far too long, past living memory honestly, since Bel Riose II and it may be time for the stability a dignified nomen provides.

It also doubles as an in-joke since we had a King Cleon! :eng101: