Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

food court bailiff posted:

you literally keep hammering this point like a Hammer Bros. running a train on King Koopa in my favorite slashfics even though myself and several others have continually pointed out that not only are these nowhere near mutually exclusive, but also a lot of art through history is also similarly dumb as hell

he keeps talking about how video games aren't art but is too cowardly to even mention one thing that he thinks is real art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think that Final Fantasy games are a good showing of video games as art. Within each one (especially modern ones) there's a stupid amount of graphics/music work, world building, etc. There's voice performances, cinematography, all that junk. It definitely tries to elevate itself beyond the video game itself and usually doesn't try to make the game itself its main focus. Plus they keep on pretending each game will be huge, wildly successful, multimedia franchises.

Whether or not it's good art, though. Hoo boy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
FF15 is a very good game

Just chillin with my bros, sleeping under the stars, eating cup noodles, you know

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.â€Â

tuo posted:

My bad opinion: FPS shooters should treat reloading more seriously. Don't put the rounds left in the clip in the overall pool, make them vanish. Give me a reason not to push the reload-button after every gunfight.

I can only assume (and hope) Arma does this.

Insurgency is good on that. When you reload, it doesn't consolidate all your bullets, just switches out your magazine, so if you're not careful, you'll end up just cycling between 3 half empty ones. Makes you put some thought into when you reload and when yiu should just dump your mag.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ikanreed posted:

Learning that Morrowind was basically written and directed by complex corporate maneuvering to keep Todd from making any decisions was eye opening

Is there a source on this because it sounds hilarious

precision posted:

FF15 is a very good game

Just chillin with my bros, sleeping under the stars, eating cup noodles, you know

Needs more giggling at farts

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Play posted:

Similarly, sunset overdrive had some amazing movement stuff going on in it

It’s a shame this didn’t sell better. Sunset Overdrive just clicked with me and it’s one of the most fun games I’ve ever played. I’m holding out hope Sony lets them do a sequel unless Microsoft holds the rights.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I am super excited for HL3VR and I can't belive anyone would be down on it. VR is really loving cool, and anything that advances the platform is a bonus.

What else were they going to do? Create a story driven single player sequel again? The market completely moved on and they were smart to hold off.

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 11, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Was Half-Life 2 the beginning of the games where you have a big-eyed daughterwife staring at you for at least half the game in between having to be protected from vaguely to explicitly sexualised violence?

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
no that was Super Mario Brothers

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Was Half-Life 2 the beginning of the games where you have a big-eyed daughterwife staring at you for at least half the game in between having to be protected from vaguely to explicitly sexualised violence?

That wasn't until episode 1

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

pretty sure your wires are crossed somewhere if you think any npc in HL2 merits a description deeper than “they exist, I guess” on any conceivable level

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

the hoverboat has slightly more characterization than alyx in HL2 and a far, far bigger role overall

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

:yikes:

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

You had to mod up HL2 to really get the whole experience

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

:lol:

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I can't tell if that's a joke or if someone actually did that in a serious mod

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You must be new to the modding scene

90% of it is "making the female characters sluttier"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lazyhound posted:

no that was Super Mario Brothers

Donkey Kong actually

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Zzulu posted:

You must be new to the modding scene

90% of it is "making the female characters sluttier"

I always liked how there was 4-6 must have mods for a game and if you only used them you would think very highly of modding, till one day you click that more button.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
tetris_nude_modv3.rar

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The only good mod for Oblivion was the goon made one that actually did put tits on the mudcrabs.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Nuts and Gum posted:

I am super excited for HL3VR and I can't belive anyone would be down on it. VR is really loving cool, and anything that advances the platform is a bonus.

What else were they going to do? Create a story driven single player sequel again? The market completely moved on and they were smart to hold off.

Yeah the market totally moved onto VR games.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
lol

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

My unpopular opinion. I like my Stadia. I skipped the current gen consoles ( and got it to fill in the gap. Games look great, frame rate is steady and I have no complaints. I can't rub my hog on the game boxes, but that hasn't been an issue yet.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
How about instead of getting a google stadia people just get a half decent laptop which is much better imo

or i dunno, accept that a stadias number 1 use is for playing video games in a hotel while travelling which is probably the one time you should put down the video game machine and go the gently caress outside

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

you know people travel for work, right? like not everyone in a hotel is itching to go out and take in the sights of Overland Park, Kansas. i woulda killed for a stadia when I was flying a few times a week

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

food court bailiff posted:

you know people travel for work, right? like not everyone in a hotel is itching to go out and take in the sights of Overland Park, Kansas. i woulda killed for a stadia when I was flying a few times a week

have you considered going to bed early and getting a good nights sleep so you are ready for work the next day?

No but seriously, buy a laptop (edit: or a switch)

JollyBoyJohn fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jan 11, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Get a switch, many hotels wont have the speed for Stadia and a switch has more than 30 games.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I have a switch, it owns hard

(I also have a surplus of laptops including one goofy “gaming” one I use for rendering work but even then lol at the idea of actually playing games on it)

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I used to love my switch but I fell off it pretty hard for some reason. Now I only use it when I’m working night shifts. Getting an actual gaming laptop probably was the tipping point, the switch being portable doesn’t matter as much to me now since I can play all sorts of games on a not-potato powered machine.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the only games youre supposed to play on a laptop while traveling end in .sfc, or ge of empires ii

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I can't imagine travelling for work and staying cooped up in a hotel room playing computer video games on my free time instead of going out and seeing the exotic sights of uhh Tikkurila (which seems to consist entirely of very small shopping malls and Chinese restaurants) and Espoo (which is made of ES and poo.)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jerry Cotton posted:

I can't imagine travelling for work and staying cooped up in a hotel room playing computer video games on my free time instead of going out and seeing the exotic sights of uhh Tikkurila (which seems to consist entirely of very small shopping malls and Chinese restaurants) and Espoo (which is made of ES and poo.)

Yeah a small Finnish city probably isn't very exciting but going for an evening walk sounds more fun than playing a laggy version of Mortal Kombat on a smartphone

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Yeah a small Finnish city probably isn't very exciting but going for an evening walk sounds more fun than playing a laggy version of Mortal Kombat on a smartphone

Well I did go for a walk. Otherwise I wouldn't know about all those very small shopping malls, or shmalls as I like to call them.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Well I did go for a walk. Otherwise I wouldn't know about all those very small shopping malls, or shmalls as I like to call them.

gently caress. Checkmate.

Ah well load up your Stadio you've earned it

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yeah, when I travel for work I’m not going anywhere that anyone would ever want to go to of their own free will. I’m talking towns of 2000 people, or dead upstate NY former industry towns. If I’m staying in a motel for a week I’m going to be playing some drat video games.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh I guess it wasn't obvious I was being serious :geno:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Isn't that the mod where the maker modeled Alxy's uterus?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It is a cinematic mod if it's meant to emulate cinematic trends for action heroines. Presumably the cinematic mod for AC: Origins makes everybody white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I don't think the streetwalker outfit is the default skin for the cinematic mod but boy is it telling