Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
L

Go ahead and poke this particular bee hive. He's a softie at heart!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

L but be kind of flamboyant about it. Not in a jester way but more in a ‘Hey check this poo poo out’ way

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Adding to my L vote:

N. leave an additional sign that says "Nah, he's just kidding, such a jokester, this one. He loves company and long descriptions of the dream you had last night.
-Enkidel"

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Adding to my L vote:

N. leave an additional sign that says "Nah, he's just kidding, such a jokester, this one. He loves company and long descriptions of the dream you had last night.
-Enkidel"

Lmao

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
L+N telling them to cut it out.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
L

This guy is a known softie he will probably be very impressed and give us some sort of prize. :enkidel:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

A heart full of L

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

He's going to start shooting back and yakety sax will play while we comically sprint to the next town with arrows falling at our heels. I can't wait.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Crazycryodude posted:

He's going to start shooting back and yakety sax will play while we comically sprint to the next town with arrows falling at our heels. I can't wait.

L

If we want to try for style points too, maybe we can take the shot while we're jumping into the pit.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
L

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Zodiac5000 posted:

N. Find a rock or something else to write in, write "Seriously guys, stop it. - Enkidel" and put our sign on it. Then leave.
N

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Olothreutes posted:

It would need to be something better than blooded bronze, the single hunger demon we fought in Amok's tomb was able to harm everything except Zepa's shield which I'm nearly certain isn't bronze despite appearing as such.
When you think about it, top grade Blooded Bronze is a chunk of metal occupying the space where a smith dominated that chunk of reality so hard that he quite literally rejected reality and substituted his own. In the form of a Weightless indestructible Shield, a Talking Bull Statue. A Divine Ground to Air Cruise Missile shaped like an Eagle. A Battle Column. Whatever one needed. A simple blade of the stuff would be comparable go the ideal blade the Ninnies offered us.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Lol

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Also L.. Have our guys go get some lunch while we make a Tic Tac Toe board out of arrows onto the farthest target.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Question
Can we ask avery why our smith skills to make things pretty aren't as good? Not worth it compared to focusing on plain bb?

We realized that one time making bb arrows look like normal arrows with feathers make it shoot farther so there is some tangible benefit to being good at it.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
Kind of curious if wire is a thing in Ur. Wikipedia suggests it was around prior to the 2nd millennium BCE in the real world. Does blooded bronze wire exist in Ur?

Dr Cheesequake
Dec 23, 2008

I dream of humans and goblins co-existing peacefully
L

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Blooded bronze does not bend, so you cannot make (useful) wire out of it.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

ChaseSP posted:

A heart full of L

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

C - We're a Kavodelian :colbert:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
L and point out we are from Kavodel. Not those stuck up Zepathans. Can you beleive them

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Arkanomen posted:

L and point out we are from Kavodel. Not those stuck up Zepathans. Can you beleive them

Was gonna say this. Of course we're not from zepath; we came from Kavodel :enkidel:

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
L + If he decides to shoot arrows at us try to catch them/dodge them and pick them up.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
L + Zodiac5000's N

Zodiac5000 posted:

N. Find a rock or something else to write in, write "Seriously guys, stop it. - Enkidel" and put our sign on it. Then leave.

Maybe... not poke this beehive.

So wait ,Shalman, son Jamlech, son of Esher. A Grandson of Esher, who is a Grandson of Enkidel. We have great, great grand-children old enough to go to Baitel?

That means two things. One, he is young enough to be part of the generation to go to the place where the thing happens and two, Enkidel is at this old enough, his progeny prolific enough, and Kavodel small enough population wise, that Enkidel should be the highest common ancestor in Kavodel. ie; everyone from Shalmans generation and younger should be directly related to us.

Which also sounds like a problem with regards to who they can marry, considering we are also related to most people in Zepath at this point.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

L

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

L + Zodiac5000's N

So wait ,Shalman, son Jamlech, son of Esher. A Grandson of Esher, who is a Grandson of Enkidel. We have great, great grand-children old enough to go to Baitel?

That means two things. One, he is young enough to be part of the generation to go to the place where the thing happens and two, Enkidel is at this old enough, his progeny prolific enough, and Kavodel small enough population wise, that Enkidel should be the highest common ancestor in Kavodel. ie; everyone from Shalmans generation and younger should be directly related to us.

Which also sounds like a problem with regards to who they can marry, considering we are also related to most people in Zepath at this point.

Yeah uh we don't actually have any real progeny.

L + be ready to counter snipe.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Yeah uh we don't actually have any real progeny.

L + be ready to counter snipe.

Asashel is at least the son of our wife, if nothing else, and the rest of them are adopted, and if we are Great Great Grandfathers, they are *at least* great grandfathers themselves. The problem persists.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

L

This will be funny.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Either he ignores us completely even after we hit the target (fairs, move on and leave a rock saying not to bother him) or he comes out and shouts at us (also fair). It's a win-win!

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Adding to my L vote:

-Enkidel"

Lol,

L though.

Maybe we can get him to take the sign down by offering to put one up ourselves. More likely to actually deter Kavodelians. If he still refuses to play ball then I actually like Deathgasm's suggestion.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ooh, I just had a thought.

We can tell Hadad about how we repeatedly blew off and ignored the King of Seir.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
As usual I had another paradise lost dream. In it, we met our first friendly pretender face to face! He was a giant, transparent tardigrade with the ability to create up to nine invulnerable god-soldiers at a time. Though his faction was ostensible hostile to Ur, this was mostly for show and he was open to trade once views on non-humans on our side mellowed out a bit. He also revealed that he was the one who was sending us instructions on how to make Eagle Arrows and was wondering why we weren't constantly out grinding eagles since that is our best bet against demon incursions (which his faction also had a problem with). Furthermore, he re-confirmed that the world is round and gave us a very basic world-map, pointing out that Ur is in the "Bedouin Desert", meaning we had explored less than one percent of the full map. After meeting him we were officially out of the tutorial.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

L + sign

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

L

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

the_steve posted:

Ooh, I just had a thought.

We can tell Hadad about how we repeatedly blew off and ignored the King of Seir.

A Good Thought

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?
L

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

L

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
L, then wave at the man and leave.

Hadad made his point, he doesn't want to be bothered. Let's let him know that we did exceed expectations and leave it at that. If he wants to see us hell send a servant to bring us back.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Outrail posted:

L, then wave at the man and leave.

Hadad made his point, he doesn't want to be bothered. Let's let him know that we did exceed expectations and leave it at that. If he wants to see us hell send a servant to bring us back.

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Yeah I figure he's still not going to want to talk to us but leaving a couple BB arrows with Enkidel's maker's mark in his targets are a funny way to flex and there's even a 0.7% chance he actually sends the slave to chase us down and talk to us. At minimum he can have the arrows back to make up for that bundle he gave us a century ago.