Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Maybe Hadad will agree to remove the sign if we promise to make it a crime to visit his place without first beating Enkidel in an archery contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
A. He's on his manhood trial. Helping him would go against the spirit of the thing, and he did something very very stupid and needs to learn better. He's a member of the Enkidel family, so Blooded enough that this period of servitude will not be that long in the grand scheme of things. But maybe we can talk Hadad into taking the sign down. Maybe.

Also

dyzzy posted:

Maybe Hadad will agree to remove the sign if we promise to make it a crime to visit his place without first beating Enkidel in an archery contest.

This is a good idea.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
A, play stupid manhood trial games, win stupid manhood trial prizes.

even if he's also lying about the indenture vs permanent slavery thing, jubilee's comin' up

dyzzy posted:

seems fine to me, although i assume this would be part of the post-hadad-conversation vote

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy

dyzzy posted:

I like the thought behind this, but we could consider something that had even a remote chance of being possible. What if someone like Esher wanted to come visit Hadad when he was 100 to try and learn something?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Tsyni posted:

I like the thought behind this, but we could consider something that had even a remote chance of being possible. What if someone like Esher wanted to come visit Hadad when he was 100 to try and learn something?
Set up our own archery range in Kavodel and forbid anyone from coming unless they can not only hit the equivalent of Hadad's furthest target but hit it 50 times in a row?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Shalman, how much was your fine, how much do you still owe, and how long is it going to take you to work it off?
"Fifty shekels" he says. To you that sum means nothing even with the money you have now, it is a lot of money however. "I won't work it off before the Jubilee."

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Have you seen anyone else from home since you have been here?
"Yes, they were sent away."

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

How long did it take you to carve that sign?
"This one? Two weeks."

This one?

"Master Hadad has very exacting standards, he didn't like the first two. He didn't like this one either but he said it'll have to do."

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Has anyone passed the test since you have been here? How often do people take it?
"Nope, no one. Uh, and not often, maybe once or twice a month?"

Brain Candy posted:

Shalman, why weren't you permitted to take the test?
"Master Hadad was very, very clear that no Zepathans are allowed on his property."

Brain Candy posted:

Has your master had any non-Zepathan vistors?
"He has had a couple of guests from the city and some deliveries."

Brain Candy posted:

How many Zepathans have you turned away?
"Three, no wait, four. If you count, five?"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Response to Discord:

The next Jubilee is in less than seven years.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
A.

Lol dude you clown. You get to stay here and be this dude's slave, you earned it.

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
A signs gotta go. It's one thing to make Shalman look like an absolute fool but shaming the righteous sons of Zepath in the process? We kill demons, dude.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Brain Candy posted:

Gareb, what should we ask to replace this clearly very necessary sign?
Gareb says "I suppose you could just erect a marker saying that you, Enkidel, are telling our people to keep away? It would take you what, an hour? Less? That would certainly be more... dignified and probably work better."

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Tsyni posted:

Fair, though since it's us they have to challenge we always have the option of letting someone win if we know they're not just full of it (or still beating them, but giving them approval under the table)

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
A

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

A

lmao you clown, enjoy your manhood trial you crazy kid

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Did Hadad comment on your arrows after you carved them?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Zodiac5000 posted:

Did Hadad comment on your arrows after you carved them?
"He did" Shalman says.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

Diogines posted:

"He did" Shalman says.

And.......

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

dyzzy posted:

Fair, though since it's us they have to challenge we always have the option of letting someone win if we know they're not just full of it (or still beating them, but giving them approval under the table)

Maybe we should ask Hadad, but maybe something like having the 1000 marker set up and someone having to hit that first.

The issue is that if we make a deal and in essence give our word to Hadad, we want flexibility and we want to not have to go back on it. There is effectively zero chance of anyone beating Enkidel.

Anyway, this is a minor point. I think talking to Hadad will make it more clear what is reasonable here.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
I think hes been quite clear on what he thinks is reasonable. He doesn't want to talk to any zepathians and most people in general.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

"...and what?" Shalman says.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
And what were his comments?

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

And what were his comments?
Shalman pauses for a moment and then smiles a smile probably endemic to the Enkidel lineage and says "Grandfather, what does that matter? Wouldn't it be better to focus on the future?"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Diogines posted:

Shalman pauses for a moment and then smiles a smile probably endemic to the Enkidel lineage and says "Grandfather, what does that matter? Wouldn't it be better to focus on the future?"
"Kid, it's a good attempt but you're talking to the person who invented that strain of bullshit artistry."

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

I think hes been quite clear on what he thinks is reasonable. He doesn't want to talk to any zepathians and most people in general.

Then why does he have targets set up? If he doesn't want to interact with anyone then he could just take them down. Put up a gate. Move to Zepath. I dunno.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
C, and every Zepathean who comes by will be instructed to offer to buy off his fine. If he wants to tough it out kudos to him. Ask him to tell the master we stopped by,and will be in the city if he wants to speak with us but we will respect his sign.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

A

Da_Boyz
Jul 4, 2021
E, Go apologize to Hadad for our great-great-grandson's stupidity then ask him if he's actually willing to teach Shalman. Break Shalman from his delusions if he isn't then try to pay to have him freed.

Well at least the boy is passionate.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Break the sign, replace it with our own telling our folks to gently caress off, then Continue to Baitel I want to meet with Hadad but we can afford to wait a few weeks to see if he contacts us first. We can always come back!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Tsyni posted:

Then why does he have targets set up? If he doesn't want to interact with anyone then he could just take them down. Put up a gate. Move to Zepath. I dunno.

To make a point. Almost no one is going to actually make it, so if someone can it's probably worth at least telling them off in person

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

A

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

E - Jump in the pit!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I'm very amused by all of this. I'm sure Esher is having a meltdown.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

A He's on his manhood trial, he needs to figure a way out of this mess on his own. We probably should see if we can do something about the sign though.

+1 to this

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

dyzzy posted:

A plus this

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A, and see about cutting off the flow of Zepathans at source.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AJ_Impy posted:

A, and see about cutting off the flow of Zepathans at source.

Agreed. Eat all the Zepathans when we return to Zepath.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

JT Jag posted:

Set up our own archery range in Kavodel and forbid anyone from coming unless they can not only hit the equivalent of Hadad's furthest target but hit it 50 times in a row?

do this instead and stop giving away promises to people for free

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Wouldn't Tudiya be the family Patriarch rather than us, and have the last word on matters of foreign involvement of any kind, as he so often does? This whole thing is a disgrace to our entire mini-civilization by the coast.

What Would Tudiya Do?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Blasphemaster posted:

Wouldn't Tudiya be the family Patriarch rather than us, and have the last word on matters of foreign involvement of any kind, as he so often does? This whole thing is a disgrace to our entire mini-civilization by the coast.

What Would Tudiya Do?

He would blame Enkidel and tell him to fix it.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

do this instead and stop giving away promises to people for free

No one from Zepath, other than Enkidel, has even hit the first target, right? The bar doesn't have to be that high to limit the visitors to one a century or something ridiculous like that.