Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

qirex posted:

he'd be better off just literally lighting himself on fire than this performative conservative bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

never has there ever been a guy who was more obviously a Ron Paul 2012 goldbug than this loving guy

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

How valid of a retirement strategy is it to get a job at Kraken in order to sue them for millions a week later when someone calls you a racial slur?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

toadee posted:

How valid of a retirement strategy is it to get a job at Kraken in order to sue them for millions a week later when someone calls you a racial slur?

not good, by the time this is all resolved kraken will have no money to claim

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

toadee posted:

well, see, they'd pay out in coins so it's millions of nothing if you're not quick enough

who am i kidding, they'd slur in the interview and there'd be a case for discriminatory hiring practices

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

toadee posted:

since success would require Kraken still being a successful and ongoing business concern a few years down the road, it's basically a long-crypto retirement strategy, so... what could go wrong

https://twitter.com/davidgerard/status/1537135501496418309

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

im the natural immunity to a disease that's less than 3 years old that people have been reinfected with multiple times

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm already immune to covid but I'm worried about catching statism, is there a vaccine for that

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i'm immune to covid only in the sense that i've had most of the major variants so far. as soon as there's another crazy rear end mutation (there goes one now!) that catches on big i'm hosed again

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

translation: there are twenty hostile workplace suits in progress against Kraken, and that's what the story he's trying to frontrun is about

Beeftweeter posted:

also i think it was divabot(?) but someone had a pretty good analysis of the banking poo poo behind the scenes. there's only one actual bank in the US most of these crypto exchanges are using and they have their own internal protocol for swapping "assets" between each other. sounds extremely decentralized to me

Silvergate, to be precise. They even have a site that crypto exchanges can log into to send each other money.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Jonny Nox posted:

Someone just dumped a bunch of money into crypto and it's all slowly disappearing
for some sufficiently broad definition of money

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

haveblue posted:

I'm already immune to covid but I'm worried about catching statism, is there a vaccine for that

Colloidal silver, taken rectally.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

divabot posted:

translation: there are twenty hostile workplace suits in progress against Kraken, and that's what the story he's trying to frontrun is about

Silvergate, to be precise. They even have a site that crypto exchanges can log into to send each other money.

yes! that was it

honestly wonder if those transfers are subject to FinCEN

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1537146477813846016

some employment lawyers are going to be feeling like a child before christmas today

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1537155407231213569

also lol at the "free speech" talk, as usual free speech is just complaining about not being able to say the N word rather than any principled stand.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
fortunately silvergate can just let loans ride if things get choppy, oh wait they can't because the FDIC will clean their clock

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

haveblue posted:

First google result.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

I like the one person going "It's not very nice for the boss to joke about women being brainwashed" only for the boss to complain about how he couldn't have a nice civil discussion about how women were biologically inferior to men mentally

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said — Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. ... Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
FORTUNE FAVORS THE BR—
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1537013824666095617

:boom:

So what are the chances they have another transaction getting stuck and halting withdrawals again?

https://twitter.com/cobie/status/1537130964429819910

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

lool

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
it was not easy saying no to taking an actual picture of the ceo wanting to shake hands instead of crudely photoshopping his head on a stock photo, but they did

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

trucutru posted:

https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1537013824666095617

:boom:

So what are the chances they have another transaction getting stuck and halting withdrawals again?

https://twitter.com/cobie/status/1537130964429819910

the binance logo also looks almost the same as the getty images watermark

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGMm5jl9rog

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

you have to be open and humble, but none of the people complaining are as educated as me on these topics so i'm declaring my self dictator

look if you were engaging in this debate from a rational well-informed perspective you would clearly be able to tell i'm right since it's just pure cold hard logic, therefore disagreeing with me means you're stupid and arguing in bad faith. this is probably just due to all the ovaries and/or melanin in your body clouding your judgement. we're a tolerant company so don't worry, we won't fire you for your handicap

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BUT THIS IS HOW :females: BRAIN WORKS

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

WE SMART MALE, SAVE AND CHERISH PRECIOUS COIN, NO GREEN PAPER TO BE BURN BY RIVAL OR EATEN BY MAMMOTH, FEMALE NO UNDERSTAND, ALL THEY WANT IS LATEST HIDES AND FURS

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Shame Boy posted:

BUT THIS IS HOW :females: BRAIN WORKS

lol even the ferengi aren't that bad

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

what does any of that even mean

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Beeftweeter posted:

lol even the ferengi aren't that bad

you're literally property and you're not allowed to wear clothes, but at least no one thinks you're stupid

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

it means he's bugfuck nuts

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

infernal machines posted:

you're literally property and you're not allowed to wear clothes, but at least no one thinks you're stupid

theoretical advancements under grand nagus rom in a fictional society aside, at least people were scared of the FCA lol

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

infernal machines posted:

it means he's bugfuck nuts

ah yes, kraken's razor. "If the obvious answer is 'he's bugfuck nuts, it's likely to be true"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

vaccinations make your immune system weaker, duh

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

All this time it was the QAnon Kraken.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i had trouble with this one at first. i think you've got to imagine you're like q-anon level of conservative dipshit.

i think first tweet is saying that they research potential retreat locations, and if the location can't be used because they require vaccinations for travel/stays or tests for unvaccinated people or whatever then they look somewhere else for a more laissez-faire covid policy.

the second i think is saying that he hates vaccinated people and probably thinks they're shedding vaccine or similar bullshit. but he's such an open-minded and inclusionary guy that he'll allow vaccinated people in on a don't-ask-don't-tell policy and treat them with the respect that he would show his fellow unvaccinated colleagues.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
but did he eat a bitcoin

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Neon Noodle posted:

please, my line, it is very sick

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
he means that Real Men develop immunity by surviving a covid infection and vaccination condemns you to be an untermensch

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://tether.to/en/tether-condemns-false-rumours-about-its-commercial-paper-holdings/
Tether is aware of rumours being spread that its commercial paper portfolio is 85% backed by Chinese or Asian commercial papers and being traded at a 30% discount. These rumours are completely false and likely spread to induce further panic in order to generate additional profits from an already stressed market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Eeyo posted:

i had trouble with this one at first. i think you've got to imagine you're like q-anon level of conservative dipshit.

i think first tweet is saying that they research potential retreat locations, and if the location can't be used because they require vaccinations for travel/stays or tests for unvaccinated people or whatever then they look somewhere else for a more laissez-faire covid policy.

the second i think is saying that he hates vaccinated people and probably thinks they're shedding vaccine or similar bullshit. but he's such an open-minded and inclusionary guy that he'll allow vaccinated people in on a don't-ask-don't-tell policy and treat them with the respect that he would show his fellow unvaccinated colleagues.

got to admit, "won't be exposed to vaxxed people" is a new twist. are they all living in hermetic bubbles or what?