Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

A further directive for the Cour: it seems our chamber has been quite evenly split between supporters of Pro Imperio et Civitate and A Gilded Tomorrow. To forestall disunity in the event of our good Emperor's incapacitation, I move we appoint Princely Grandmaster Ildey as Designated Regent. He is a skilled and loyal servant of the crown, and in my eyes there is no better arbiter for the position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Galindo runs in just befoe the voting session ends, very sweaty."

I have a message from House Shabibid, who are currently dealing with a rug fire in one of their weaving houses.

I submit a Directive to establish our Kingdom's Motto - Et Tamen, Hierusalem Praestat. The Cour parliamentarian is also free to use either the Latin or the Outremeran translation.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
I propose we call our Counties Dominions and our Duchies Great Dominions as part of our rebranding as an Empire

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
The assembly is no longer taking PROPOSALS, and is now open to VOTING.

If you're CHANGING your votes, please do so by making a NEW post.

Latest vote tally - Click HERE.

:siren:Proposed Policies:siren:

Jerusalem's Readiness Ordnance of 1120 (10 years) - Pro Imperio et Civitate -

Mirdini posted:

Within the next 10 years, the monarch is to spend a maximum of 1000 gold on upgrading

- the following buildings in the Castle of Mirabel, with priority in this order: Keep, Castle Town, Stables, Barracks.
- the defenses (Castle Fortifications and Castle Walls) of the City of Ronne.

Support —

Opposition —

The Catholic Reformation - A Gilded Tomorrow -

QuoProQuid posted:

The Haute Cour calls upon the King to:

1. Invite the Pope to inhabit the Empire as a vassal of our Empire, as it is the last remaining bastion of Christendom.

2. Organize a synod with the religious authorities of Jerusalem upon the arrival of the Pope to discuss pressing issues facing the faithful.

3. At this Synod, demand a Catholic Reformation in response to the extraordinary times we find ourselves in. In particular, we call for:
- An embrace of conciliarism and promotion of the Pope to a rank of only first among equals, similar to that of our exalted Emperor (suggested in-game effect: demote the Papacy to a duchy-tier title)
- Monks to leave their expensive cloisters and go out into the communities to care for the weak and study from other traditions, as we are all under the same threat (suggested in-game effect, drop the "Monasticism" doctrine and adopt "Syncretism");
- The Church put renewed focus on strengthening our realm against the Mongol menace before seeking to expand beyond our borders (suggested in-game effect: Drop the "Proselytizing" nature and adopt "Unyielding"); and
- The Church accept the Jaffite Church as one of its sects and grant all similar Catholic religious communities renewed prominence and authority (suggested in-game effect, end the Jaffite schism and give Catholics the ability to declare a sect, similar to Hindus in-game. Create opinion penalties between different sects for balance).

Support —

Opposition —

:siren:Proposed Laws:siren:

Jerusalem Administrative Title Reform Act of 1220 - Pro Imperio et Civitate -

Mirdini posted:

Replacing the JATRA of 1190:

Recognizing the primacy of Jerusalem to the realm, and the improved realm cohesion from not allowing too many crowns beneath our new Empire, the Haute Cour decrees:

- The crown of the Kingdom of Jerusalem is to be bound to that of the new Empire, such that election as Emperor will also qualify for election as King or Queen of Jerusalem. Creation of further kingly crowns under the new Empire of Arabia (or whatever it is hence named) is revoked from monarchical prerogative and placed under the Haute Cour's prerogative, if it was not already.

- The monarch of Jerusalem will do their utmost to respect ducal and kingly boundaries, and return counties, vassal counts, ducal titles and vassal dukes the monarch is personally in control of but does not hold de jure suzerainty of to the suzerainty of their rightful lords whenever possible.

- The only exceptions to Clause 2, which may remain in the monarch's possession to pass on to their dynastic successor, are:
- - - - If the elected monarch was a duke: the two ducal titles held by the monarch in which they hold the most county titles before their election to the imperial crown (as well as any county and barony titles in those duchies).
- - - - If the elected monarch was a count: their former primary county holding, as well as any counties and sub-county holdings the monarch held in the duchy of that primary county, and in any duchies where their possessions made up 50% or more of that duchy's counties.

Support —

Opposition —

:siren:Proposed Directives:siren:

Appoint Doge Mikail of the Nile as Spymaster -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I have grown up and worked with Doge Mikail, and I have to say, I have never met a more cunning individual in my life. Also a proud member of the Thermidor Diet, very fond of the Extra-Bitter Liquid Carobba (tm). That is why I propose that Doge Mikail be made Spymaster.

Aye —

Nay —

Realm Census -

QuoProQuid posted:

Directive: The King should authorize a census across the realm to better understand the people who reside in it and any new cultures or traditions that have arisen.

Aye —

Nay —

Reach Out to Prester John -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

The Prince of India made an excellent proposal last session. Though since then we have learned that attempting to talk with the Mongols is a wasted venture. I repropose for them that We reach out to the Kingdom of Prestor John and the Eastern Christians for possible aid and information of their lands and ways.

Aye —

Nay —

Appoint Prince Centule of Alexandria as Advisor -

Mirdini posted:

I would like to submit a directive to Appoint Prince Centule to the newly created Second Advisor post on the Council. Prince Centule served as Marshal with distinction, and as steward of the wealthy Alexandria deserves a voice in the Cour's council.

Aye —

Nay —

Appoint Grandmaster Ildey of the Knights of Krete as Designated Regent -

Mirdini posted:

To forestall disunity in the event of our good Emperor's incapacitation, I move we appoint Princely Grandmaster Ildey as Designated Regent. He is a skilled and loyal servant of the crown, and in my eyes there is no better arbiter for the position.

Aye —

Nay —

Empire Motto - "Et Tamen, Hierusalem Praestat" -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I submit a Directive to establish our Kingdom's Motto - Et Tamen, Hierusalem Praestat. The Cour parliamentarian is also free to use either the Latin or the Outremeran translation.

Aye —

Nay —

Rename Counties and Duchies -

Pacho posted:

I propose we call our Counties Dominions and our Duchies Great Dominions as part of our rebranding as an Empire

Aye —

Nay —

The Flag of the Empire

Ralepozozaxe posted:

CLICK

The mighty ruler who uses his crook to lead his flock. In his hand he holds the symbols of just some of our many followed religions, His robe has a flowing blue edge, representing the important role rivers have played in our lands. The sybmol upon his chest resembles the House of Groves, our most important political building. He sits upon a golden thrown, an important reminder of the merchants who keep our coffers filled. At the ends of the armrests are a griffon, a symbol of our Danish lands, and an elephant, a symbol of our Indian ones. And above his head floats the Crown of Thorns, an item of which we will never forget, for better or for worse. And the empty head, open and free for more ideas, mroe memories. This flag will carry us going forward into the unknown, and it will give us the gumption.

Aye —

Nay —

QuoProQuid posted:

Jerusalem should adopt the following flag": CLICK.

Aye —

Nay —

The Name of the Empire

Clayren posted:

Change name to Empire of Medio Sanctus.

Aye —

Nay —

QuoProQuid posted:

The Empire should be known as the "Middle Kingdom" and it shall be governed by a "Emperor/Empress Preferent" known by his honorary title "His/Her Elective Majesty"

OOC: Aside from bringing in our relationship with China, this proposal would have the added resonance of reflecting the Middle Kingdom of Egypt and our placement in the Middle East.

Aye —

Nay —

Mirdini posted:

The Empire shall be known officially as Sacrum Status Medialis, in the common parlance the Holy Middle States.

Our realm is strong precisely because it is a realm of many equals, united in purpose to defend the Holy Land from encroachment. We are in the center of the known world, and while Jerusalem undoubtedly remains our core, it has grown beyond to encompass numerous states. Thus, Sacrum Status Medialis.

Aye —

Nay —

Rody One Half posted:

Jerusalem is henceforth known as the Empire of Eden.

Aye —

Nay —

QuoProQuid posted:

"Jerusalem should be known as the United States."

Aye —

Nay —

The Title of the Emperor

Clayren posted:

The lord who holds this realm shall be called Emperor Preferent or Empress Preferent , to reflect his or her position as elected lord of the realm.

Aye —

Nay —

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I propose we give our leaders the title of Magnus Princeps/Principissa.

Aye —

Nay —

QuoProQuid posted:

The title of the Emperor should instead be Custodian General to reflect he is the custodian of holy places.

Aye —

Nay —

The Form of Address

QuoProQuid posted:

The Empire shall be governed by a "Emperor/Empress Preferent" known by his honorary title "His/Her Elective Majesty"

Aye —

Nay —

Appoint Regnal Names

Rody One Half posted:

The Empire automatically grants all emperors the Regnal name Adam/Eve.

Aye —

Nay —

---

Additionally, the following policy has been forced into the Recess by A Gilded Tomorrow, as they rule as the largest faction:

Translatio Imperii Policy (10 years) - Pro Imperio et Civitate -

Pacho posted:

- Once he has entered Jerusalem and the planned Synod has been held, the Pope is to crown the monarch in a magnificent ceremony befitting our inheritance of the mantle of Empire.
- A new imperial tournament ground, called the Groverdrome, is to be built at the House of Groves. These grounds will serve as a proving ground for our noble camel knights, and host any future tournaments the Empire may hold. (In-game effects: +100 camel cavalry, +5% mounted troops, and adds the ability to recruit Questing Knights, a high-martial courtier with commander traits and a high personal combat skill, on a 5-year cooldown)
- If these grounds are complete within the next 10 years, the then-ruler of our Empire will call a Grand Imperial Tourney to celebrate the new order in Jerusalem (In-game: can just use the already-extant Tourney of Jerusalem decision, though you could update it to reflect Empire if you like)

hashashash fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 14, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Lords of the Realm

Feudal Votes:
  • HiHo ChiRho - 6
  • Erwin the German - 5
  • Pakled - 4
  • TheFlyingLlama - 4
  • AJ-Impy - 4
  • Zikan - 4
  • Lord Cyrahzax - 4
  • Flesnolk - 4
  • Mirdini – 6
  • Captain Mediocre - 4
  • Angstrom Gothington – 4
  • Flavius Aetass - 4
  • Xelkelvos - 4
  • Freudian - 4
  • sheep-doger - 4
  • i81icu812 - 4
  • megane - 4
  • Obliterati - 4
  • Pacho - 4
  • Yavuz - 6
  • Vinny Possum - 4
  • Hattie Masters - 4
  • Rody One Half – 6
  • Jossar - 3
  • habeasdorkus - 3
  • Snipee - 3
  • Zedhe Khoja - 3
  • Frionnel - 3
  • Technowolf - 3
  • Luhood - 3
  • QuoProQuid - 3
  • Soup du Jour - 3
  • Slaan - 3
  • Thordain - 3
  • Top Hats Monthly - 6
  • Clayren - 2
  • Grizzwold - 4
  • WilliamAnderson - 6
  • mcclay - 3
  • Gigagar - 3
  • Ralepozozaxe - 2
  • really queer Christmas - 1
  • Shogeton - 1
  • rudecyrus - 1
  • SirPhoebos - 1
  • JT Jag - 1
  • fish and chips and dip - 1

Factions:

Mirdini posted:

Faction Tally of the 1220 Session

Pro Imperio et Civitate (Internal Realm Cohesion & Development)

Leader: Prince Edvard (Pacho)
Members: Count Bohemond (Luhood), Prince Centule (Freudian), Prince-Chancellor Mathieu (Mirdini), Princess Willemine (Pakled), Princess Radiya (Angstrom Gothington), King Guillaume (Erwin the German), Prince Briccιne (sheep-dodger), Prince Humbert II (Flavius Aetass), Prince Balder (Xelkelvos), Prince Bouchard (Captain Mediocre), Count Albu (Jossar), Princess Garcenda (Lord Cyrahzax)
# of members/votes: 13 members, 53 votes

A Gilded Tomorrow (Economy/Merchantry/Innovation)

Leader: Patrician Rolf (Ralepozozaxe)
Members: Prince Caradog (megane), Count Sigismond (Technowolf), Prince Michael (Hattie Masters), Wali-Patrician Imamamaddin (Gigagar), Patrician Simon (Clayren), Prince-Marshal Hakam (Rody One Half), Doge Mikail (Grizzwold), Count Aymar (Slaan), Doge-Liaison Ali (WilliamAnderson), Prince Geoffroy (AJ_Impy), Count Yijian (QuoProQuid), Count Czyrzniech (Thordain), Countess Peronelle (Zedhe Khoja)
# of members/votes: 14 members, 50 votes

Jerusalem Independence Party (Anti-China, Imperial Jerusalem)

Acting Leader: Count Diogo (Frionnel)
Members: Princess Mathilde (TheFlyingLlama), Princess Cristen (Zikan), Princely Grandmaster-Steward Ildey (Top Hats Monthly)
# of members/votes: 4 members, 17 votes

Ecumenical Crusaders of Outremer (Expansionism & Military Spending)

Leader: VACANT
Members: Emperor? Josselin (HiHoChiRho), Captain Salah (VACANT)
# of members/votes: 2 members, 8 votes

The Illuminated (Imperial Illuminati)

Leader: Prince Margos (Flesnolk)
Members:
# of members/votes: 1 members, 4 votes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Independents

Members: Prince Raymond (i81icu812), Prince Renaud (Obliterati), Prince-Advisor Boson IIl (Yavuz), Count Guilhem (VACANT), Count Sigismond (Soup du Jour), Wali-Patrician Uluc (mcclay), Prince Humbert (Vinny Possum), Binyamin Nasrallah (Shogeton), Niccolo Serra (rudecyrus), Javier de Bordeaux (SirPhoebos), Jovani Giaguro (JT Jag), Bogdan Ryba (fish and chips and dip), Count Mohammed (habeasdorkus)
# of members/votes: 14 members, 38 votes

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

The Thermidor Triumvirate, lead by Jakob atop Sweetpea, makes their way to the voting dias.

Our new Empire is vast, and we do much travel and battle within and out of it. Sieges and long rides are boring affairs. Even worse, the food can often be too bland or hard to handle. Our soldiers, sailors, and travellers need a food that is easy to eat on the go. That is why the Thermidors are introducing:

By drilling a hole in a loaf of bread and filling it with various delights we can make a simple meal that is both easy to eat, but delicious as well. Thermidor will begin setting up shops around the empire and within our military fortifications for quick and easy access to one of our latest creations, Gaurkogia. And don't be concerned, we are still working and improving Carobba.

As for our vote, We put both of our votes towards the JRO. As an expert in the art of siege, improving our defenses when a great threat is at multiple borders just makes sense.

As for Directives:
Doge Mikail be made Spymaster: AYE! The greatest sneak of our time must be given the power to use it.
The King's Census: AYE! Worked for Caeser.
Reach out to Prestor John and the Eastern Christians: AYE! I wonder what their food is like?
Appoint Prince Centule to Second Advisor: ABSTAIN!
Princely Grandmaster Ildey as Designated Regent: AYE! The taker of Greece probably knows a great many things which could help our Empire prosper.
Establish our Kingdom's Motto: AYE! Listen, I'm just doing this for my fellow merchant, OK!?
Counties Dominions and Duchies Great Dominions: NAY! Why would I, someone with neither of each, care about either of these? Throw these hogwash names away.

And as for the Presentation of our New Empire:
Flag - Ralepozozaxe's Flag: AYE! Obviously voting for the flag I had commisioned, even if the wierdly named hag who made it may have cast a curse on me.
Imperial Title - Magnus Princeps/Principissa: AYE The greatest among our princes and princesses must not forget that they are still a member of our realm, and our working together will get us through our hardships.
Address - Elective Majesty: AYE They are ELECTED, and should be reminded as such.

I will Abstain on the Empire Name options for now, as I must still decide among them.

Ever other directives in these sections of course gets a NAY!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Three votes to the Catholic Reformation, and one to the Jerusalem Readiness Ordinance. Infrastructure is vital, and the one true faith needs unity and support more now than ever before.

Directives:

Doge Mikail as Spymaster, Aye. Good enough.
Realm Census, Aye, as befits an Empire.
Reach out to Prester John, Aye, we need all the help we can get.
Appoint Prince Centule of Alexandria as Advisor, Aye, good enough.
Appoint Grandmaster Ildey of the Knights of Krete as Designated Regent, Aye, good enough.
Empire Motto - "Et Tamen, Hierusalem Praestat", Nay, this foolishness is still a waste of a directive.
Rename Counties and Duchies, Nay, call them what you like but only five directives are enacted and there are actual beneficial things to do.
The Flag of the Empire, Nay, neither of these make for good heraldry.
The Name of the Empire, Nay, none of those speak to who we are.
The Title of the Emperor, Nay, 'Emperor'. What's wrong with Emperor, anyone?
The Form of Address, Nay, If he or she wants to change it, then let them, this is tithing mustard and cress.
Appoint Regnal Names, Nay, their actual names will be more useful.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Doge Ali of the Red Sea Republic speaks:

Three votes to Catholic Reformation, and three to the Jerusalem Readiness Ordinance. As a recent convert to the faith, acceptance of some doctrinal difference seems to be the best way to keep the faith alive. Besides this, spending on protecting the realm seems prudent, these barbarians coming in here scares me witless. I would like to continue to trade with them, but they are at our doorstep...

Directives:

Doge Mikail as Spymaster, Aye. Mikail is a good man, and will ensure that any plots (including the suspected one against my life!) are properly rooted out.
Realm Census, Aye, gathering of information for administering the empire is good and just.
Reach out to Prester John, Aye, we need all the help we can get.
Appoint Prince Centule of Alexandria as Advisor, Aye.
Appoint Grandmaster Ildey of the Knights of Krete as Designated Regent, Aye.
Empire Motto - "Et Tamen, Hierusalem Praestat", Nay
Rename Counties and Duchies, Nay
The Flag of the Empire, The Flag of the Crook reflects our empire best.
The Name of the Empire, Sacrum Status Medialis is my choice.
The Title of the Emperor, Nay.
The Form of Address, Nay.
Appoint Regnal Names, Nay.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Two votes to all proposed legislation

Directives:

The Flag of the Empire, The Flag of the Crook
The Name of the Empire, Empire of Eden
The Title of the Emperor, Emperor Preferent or Empress Preferent.
The Form of Address, His/Her Elective Majesty.
Appoint Regnal Names, Adam/Eve.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 14, 2020

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
timg]https://i.imgur.com/zRQi421m.jpg?1[/timg]

The new head of the dynasty stumbled into the Cour, noticeably drunk after celebrating his Ascension a bit too much the evening night early morning before. He gives his three votes to Catholic Reformation

Directives:

Doge Mikail as Spymaster, Aye.
Realm Census, Aye
Reach out to Prester John, Aye
Appoint Prince Centule of Alexandria as Advisor, Aye
Appoint Grandmaster Ildey of the Knights of Krete as Designated Regent, Aye
Empire Motto - "Et Tamen, Hierusalem Praestat", Nay
Rename Counties and Duchies, Nay
The Flag of the Empire, Nay
The Name of the Empire, Nay
The Title of the Emperor, Nay
The Form of Address, Nay
Appoint Regnal Names, Nay

Slaan fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 14, 2020

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Could the parliamentarian clarify as to whether the flag and so forth count towards the normal directive limit? We don't want people saying Nay just because they think it risks costing other moves.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

edit - see below

hashashash fucked around with this message at 08:01 on May 14, 2020

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

JOSSELIN

Ahem. Before I cast my own votes, I just wanted to take a step back and appreciate all of the hard work the Haute Cour has done these past few years, especially these past few weeks. We have all quarreled at some point - even myself, if you recall:

But let bygones be bygones! I am glad to see that when the world is going dark and the candles of catholicism have been snuffed out over Europe, we yet still stand tall and shining out into the darkness, together.

In the spirit of brotherhood, I am splitting my votes to two each in support for the three policies at hand.

Directives:

Realm Census, Aye.
Reach out to Prester John, Aye.
Appoint Prince Centule of Alexandria as Advisor, Aye.
Appoint Grandmaster Ildey of the Knights of Krete as Designated Regent, Aye.
Empire Motto - "Et Tamen, Hierusalem Praestat", Nay.
Rename Counties and Duchies, Nay.
The Flag of the Empire, Nay, I think we can do better here.
The Name of the Empire, Abstain
The Title of the Emperor, Aye to Emperor/Empress Preferent, it just seems cool.
The Form of Address, Abstain
Appoint Regnal Names, Nay

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Changing Directives:

Doge Mikail be made Spymaster: NAY!
The King's Census: NAY!
Reach out to Prestor John and the Eastern Christians: NAY!
Appoint Prince Centule to Second Advisor: NAY!
Princely Grandmaster Ildey as Designated Regent: NAY!
Establish our Kingdom's Motto: NAY!
Counties Dominions and Duchies Great Dominions: NAY!

Flag - Ralepozozaxe's Flag: AYE!

Everything else NAY!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

2 votes to the Jerusalem Readiness Ordinance and one to the Catholic Reformation.

Directives:

Doge Mikail as Spymaster: Aye
Conduct a Realm Census: Aye
Reach out to Prester John: Aye
Appoint Prince Centule of Alexandria as Advisor: Aye
Appoint Grandmaster Ildey of the Knights of Krete as Designated Regent: Aye
Empire Motto - "Et Tamen, Hierusalem Praestat": Nay
Rename Counties and Duchies: Nay
The Flag of the Empire: Nay
Change name to Empire of Medio Sanctus: Nay
The Empire should be known as the "Middle Kingdom": Nay
Change name of Empire of Sacrum Status Medialis: Nay
Jerusalem is henceforth known as the Empire of Eden: Nay
Jerusalem should be known as the United States: Nay
The lord who holds this realm shall be called Emperor Preferent or Empress Preferent: Nay
I propose we give our leaders the title of Magnus Princeps/Principissa: Nay
The title of the Emperor should instead be Custodian General: Nay
The Empire shall be governed by a "Emperor/Empress Preferent" known by his honorary title "His/Her Elective Majesty": Nay
The Empire automatically grants all emperors the Regnal name Adam/Eve: Nay

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Got a bunch of messages from people requesting this, so I've gone ahead and decided that for this session only, I'll consider the Empire Name, Empire Title, Imperial Flag and Imperial Address directives separate from the rest. As long as one proposal within those categories has a positive Aye/Nay ratio, then it'll be accepted.

So there are 2 groups of directives now -

Normal Directives posted:

Appoint Doge Mikail of the Nile as Spymaster -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I have grown up and worked with Doge Mikail, and I have to say, I have never met a more cunning individual in my life. Also a proud member of the Thermidor Diet, very fond of the Extra-Bitter Liquid Carobba (tm). That is why I propose that Doge Mikail be made Spymaster.

Aye —

Nay —

Realm Census -

QuoProQuid posted:

Directive: The King should authorize a census across the realm to better understand the people who reside in it and any new cultures or traditions that have arisen.

Aye —

Nay —

Reach Out to Prester John -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

The Prince of India made an excellent proposal last session. Though since then we have learned that attempting to talk with the Mongols is a wasted venture. I repropose for them that We reach out to the Kingdom of Prestor John and the Eastern Christians for possible aid and information of their lands and ways.

Aye —

Nay —

Appoint Prince Centule of Alexandria as Advisor -

Mirdini posted:

I would like to submit a directive to Appoint Prince Centule to the newly created Second Advisor post on the Council. Prince Centule served as Marshal with distinction, and as steward of the wealthy Alexandria deserves a voice in the Cour's council.

Aye —

Nay —

Appoint Grandmaster Ildey of the Knights of Krete as Designated Regent -

Mirdini posted:

To forestall disunity in the event of our good Emperor's incapacitation, I move we appoint Princely Grandmaster Ildey as Designated Regent. He is a skilled and loyal servant of the crown, and in my eyes there is no better arbiter for the position.

Aye —

Nay —

Empire Motto - "Et Tamen, Hierusalem Praestat" -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Aye —

Nay —

Rename Counties and Duchies -

Pacho posted:

Aye —

Nay —

Empire Directives posted:

The Flag of the Empire

Ralepozozaxe posted:

CLICK

The mighty ruler who uses his crook to lead his flock. In his hand he holds the symbols of just some of our many followed religions, His robe has a flowing blue edge, representing the important role rivers have played in our lands. The sybmol upon his chest resembles the House of Groves, our most important political building. He sits upon a golden thrown, an important reminder of the merchants who keep our coffers filled. At the ends of the armrests are a griffon, a symbol of our Danish lands, and an elephant, a symbol of our Indian ones. And above his head floats the Crown of Thorns, an item of which we will never forget, for better or for worse. And the empty head, open and free for more ideas, mroe memories. This flag will carry us going forward into the unknown, and it will give us the gumption.

Aye —

Nay —

QuoProQuid posted:

Jerusalem should adopt the following flag": CLICK.

Aye —

Nay —

The Name of the Empire

Clayren posted:

Change name to Empire of Medio Sanctus.

Aye —

Nay —

QuoProQuid posted:

The Empire should be known as the "Middle Kingdom" and it shall be governed by a "Emperor/Empress Preferent" known by his honorary title "His/Her Elective Majesty"

OOC: Aside from bringing in our relationship with China, this proposal would have the added resonance of reflecting the Middle Kingdom of Egypt and our placement in the Middle East.

Aye —

Nay —

Mirdini posted:

The Empire shall be known officially as Sacrum Status Medialis, in the common parlance the Holy Middle States.

Our realm is strong precisely because it is a realm of many equals, united in purpose to defend the Holy Land from encroachment. We are in the center of the known world, and while Jerusalem undoubtedly remains our core, it has grown beyond to encompass numerous states. Thus, Sacrum Status Medialis.

Aye —

Nay —

Rody One Half posted:

Jerusalem is henceforth known as the Empire of Eden.

Aye —

Nay —

QuoProQuid posted:

"Jerusalem should be known as the United States."

Aye —

Nay —

The Title of the Emperor

Clayren posted:

The lord who holds this realm shall be called Emperor Preferent or Empress Preferent , to reflect his or her position as elected lord of the realm.

Aye —

Nay —

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I propose we give our leaders the title of Magnus Princeps/Principissa.

Aye —

Nay —

QuoProQuid posted:

The title of the Emperor should instead be Custodian General to reflect he is the custodian of holy places.

Aye —

Nay —

The Form of Address

QuoProQuid posted:

The Empire shall be governed by a "Emperor/Empress Preferent" known by his honorary title "His/Her Elective Majesty"

Aye —

Nay —

Appoint Regnal Names

Rody One Half posted:

The Empire automatically grants all emperors the Regnal name Adam/Eve.

Aye —

Nay —

hashashash fucked around with this message at 08:03 on May 14, 2020

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

A runner appears at the speaker's podium in the Haute Cour, wearing copious amounts of armour and the colours of the newly elevated House of ben Asher

I, Michael ben Asher, head of the House of ben Asher and of the ben Asher Security Company (bASC), home to the best in home defence, would like to thank the members of the Cour for appointing me as the Duke of the newly incorporated Aden territories of the Empire. It is an honour to be able to ensure the safety not just of my family, but of my people, and protect this important part of the coastline. However, such defence does require certain oversight, and as such I am unable to attend the Cour. In my stead, I have sent this message. On the matters of court, they are as follows:

I provide two votes each to the Jerusalem's Readiness Ordnance of 1120 (10 years) and the Jerusalem Administrative Title Reform Act of 1220 seeing as how the remaining law is internal matters of Christendom and honestly I don't want to get the blame if we end up with another PopeWar.

On the matters of Directives I Support the following:
Appoint Doge Mikail of the Nile as Spymaster
Realm Census
Princely Grandmaster Ildey as Designated Regent
Establish our Kingdom's Motto

I Abstain from all others.

As for the design of our new empire, I Support
The flag designed by House Thermidor,
The Title Emperor/Empress Preferent
And that they be addressed as "His/Her Elective Majesty."

The messenger quickly scurries off, stepping very carefully and avoiding certain tiles.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Count Yijian d'Cathay of Amman

Behold, ye wretches, the baby. It has finished its sweets. Its mouth is empty. Now, there is nothing to distract it from its utter contempt for the chamber. It begins to scream and wail, consumed by a ferocious anger toward every other living thing. None will be saved from its fury.

The haggard regent casts the votes as the wailing continues.

"Count Yijian d'Cathay of Amman will spend all three of his votes on The Catholic Reformation. On directives, he wishes to support":
Appoint Doge Mikail of the Nile as Spymaster
Realm Census
Reach out to Prester John
Princely Grandmaster Ildey as Designated Regent
Establish our Kingdom's Motto

"He Abstains from all others."

"As for the design of our new empire..." the Regent casts a forlorn look to his carefully sewn flag, which now sits in a crumpled heap near the back of the chambers. No one, not even his friends, dare to go near it. He chokes down a sob. "Count d'Cathay supports:"
The Middle Kingdom
Emperor Preferent or Empress Preferent
His/Her Elective Majesty

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.
I like to thank my merchant colleague for submitting my directive on my behalf. A quick explanation. We may be an empire, yes. We may also change the title, flag, or address of our empire. But our heart and head shall always be in the holy city of Jerusalem. We have been good custodians of this city for over a hundred years, and shall be here a hundred years hence. Our motto reflects this fact, and will be proof that will stand against any foe who would break us.

Three votes to the Catholic Reformation

Directives:

Realm Census, Aye
Reach out to Prester John, Nay
Appoint Prince Centule of Alexandria as Advisor, Aye
Appoint Grandmaster Ildey of the Knights of Krete as Designated Regent, Aye
Empire Motto - "Et Tamen, Hierusalem Praestat", Aye

I abstain on any change in title or address.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Three to the Jerusalem's Readiness Ordnance of 1120 (10 years), and two to the Catholic Reformation. We must prepare and ready ourselves to meet the demands of the near future as best we can.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Two votes for Jatra 1120. One vote for JRO 1220

Aye
Conduct a Realm Census
Appoint Grandmaster Ildey of the Knights of Krete as Designated Regent
Empire Motto - "Et Tamen, Hierusalem Praestat"
The Flag of the Empire

Nay
Doge Mikail as Spymaster
Appoint Prince Centule of Alexandria as Advisor
Rename Counties and Duchies
Change name to Empire of Medio Sanctus
The Empire should be known as the "Middle Kingdom"
Change name of Empire of Sacrum Status Medialis
Jerusalem is henceforth known as the Empire of Eden
Jerusalem should be known as the United States
The lord who holds this realm shall be called Emperor Preferent or Empress Preferent
I propose we give our leaders the title of Magnus Princeps/Principissa
The title of the Emperor should instead be Custodian General
The Empire automatically grants all emperors the Regnal name Adam/Eve

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.

Radiya ad'Daula

Two votes each for JRO and JATRA.

Normal Directives:
Appoint Doge Mikail of the Nile as Spymaster - NAY
Realm Census - AYE
Reach Out to Prester John - AYE
Appoint Prince Centule of Alexandria as Advisor - AYE
Appoint Grandmaster Ildey of the Knights of Krete as Designated Regent - AYE
Empire Motto - "Et Tamen, Hierusalem Praestat" - AYE
Rename Counties and Duchies - AYE

Empire Directives:
Flag: The mighty ruler who uses his crook to lead his flock - AYE
Flag: Stars and Stripes - NAY
Name: Empire of Medio Sanctus - NAY
Name: Middle Kingdom - AYE
Name: Sacrum Status Medialis - NAY
Name: Empire of Eden - NAY
Name: United States - NAY
Title: Emperor Preferent or Empress Preferent - AYE
Title: Magnus Princeps/Principissa - NAY
Title: Custodian General - NAY
Form of Address: His/Her Elective Majesty - AYE
Regnal Names - Adam/Eve - NAY

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

2 votes to Jerusalem's Readiness Ordnance, and
2 votes to Jerusalem Administrative Title Reform Act

Directives:
Appoint Doge Mikail of the Nile as Spymaster - NAY
Realm Census - AYE
Reach Out to Prester John - NAY
Empire Motto - "Et Tamen, Hierusalem Praestat" - AYE
Rename Counties and Duchies - AYE

Imperial Directives:
The Flag of the Empire: Ralepozozaxe's Design
The Name of the Empire: Sacrum Status Medialis
The Title of the Emperor: Emperor Preferent or Empress Preferent
The Form of Address: AYE
Appoint Regnal Names: NAY

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

~OOC ZONE~

Quick Update on Imperial Directive Voting:

For simplicity and so I don't go mad tallying stuff I've shifted all votes of NAY on any change in a category to an 'AYE' for no change, and am not going to tally NAY votes against specific proposals when they accompany an AYE vote in that category. (Unless y'all really yell at me a bunch in Discord or something).

Since the idea is the flag/title/etc. with the most support passes, we should really only need to compare AYEs and can dispense with having to NAY every other thing.

Sorry for not bringing this up earlier and sparing a ton of you a lot of typing.

I realize I'm somewhat contradicting Hashim's declaration of

Hashim posted:

As long as one proposal within those categories has a positive Aye/Nay ratio, then it'll be accepted.

but I think it probably makes sense if a commanding plurality of voters want no change we, wouldn't change things. (and this would be the case if I counted all the blanket NAYs as Nays anyway, I guess)

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 14, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Mirdini contacted me about this and I okay-ed it. This is a messy session regardless, but should clean up once the empire stuff is settled.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Mathieu looks somewhat buoyant at the unexpected support for his proposed name for the Empire, and casts his votes with only a mild level of nervousness for once.

Six votes to the second edition of the JATRA.

Directives:
AYE to Appoint Doge Mikail of the Nile as Spymaster - The man is eminently qualified, and I look forward to working with him.
AYE to a Realm Census - what better way to secure our Empire than to know it inside and out?
AYE to Reach Out to Prester John - any ally we can get against the threat the Mongols pose is a vital help.
AYE to Appoint Prince Centule of Alexandria as Advisor - having suggested this myself, I believe my vote here should be self-explanatory.
AYE to Appoint Grandmaster Ildey of the Knights of Krete as Designated Regent - see my prior vote.
NAY to creating the Empire Motto - "Et Tamen, Hierusalem Praestat" - while it does have a certain je ne sais quoi, my house still thinks For the Love of God would be a better choice.
NAY on Renaming Counties and Duchies - I'm sorry Edvard, but this hardly qualifies as important in this session, and I quite like the ring of 'duchy'.

Imperial Directives:
The Flag of the Empire: The Shepherd

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
Six votes to JATRA 1220 edition.

Directives:
AYE to Appoint Doge Mikail of the Nile as Spymaster
AYE to a Realm Census
AYE to Reach Out to Prester John
AYE to Appoint Prince Centule of Alexandria as Advisor
AYE to Appoint Grandmaster Ildey of the Knights of Krete as Designated Regent
AYE to creating the Empire Motto - "Et Tamen, Hierusalem Praestat"
AYE on Renaming Counties and Duchies

Imperial Directives:
The Flag of the Empire: The Shepherd
The Name of the Empire: Sacrum Status Medialus

Pacho fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 14, 2020

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Total Concurrence with the Acting Leader.

Five votes for Jatra 1120. One vote for JRO 1220

Aye
Conduct a Realm Census
The Flag of the Empire

Nay
Doge Mikail as Spymaster
The lord who holds this realm shall be called Emperor Preferent or Empress Preferent

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Four votes for Jatra 1220.

Aye
Conduct a Realm Census
The Flag of the Empire

Nay
Doge Mikail as Spymaster

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Appoint Doge Mikail of the Nile as Spymaster - AYE
Realm Census - AYE

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Directive voting update with a bit over 3 hours left in the session. Currently missing the King of Armenia's votes immediately before this post.

The proposed laws/policies are all passing with a massive majority.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Changing Directives:

Doge Mikail be made Spymaster: AYE!
The King's Census: AYE!
Reach out to Prestor John and the Eastern Christians: AYE!
Appoint Prince Centule to Second Advisor: AYE!
Princely Grandmaster Ildey as Designated Regent: AYE!
Establish our Kingdom's Motto: NAY!

E Preferant - AYE!
Elective Majesty - AYE!

Everything else ABSTAIN!

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 14, 2020

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Patrician Simon of Merchant House Konopka

A robed figure addresses the Cour, his face is one of the ugliest you have ever seen. His manner is boorish and he lacks even the basic manners expected of a noble or merchant. He places a small crate containing several dozen pouches on the floor in front of himself.

"Greetings to all of you, even the hideous man-babies and homicidal geese. Before I speak about all the laws and junk, I hope you will permit me to do some advertising. You oughta, because that's mostly what these Gilded types do when they speak in the Cour anyways. So funny story, right, a distant niece was in Damietta visiting and she brought her baby with her. Normal sized baby, thank God, but man was it unhappy. Cried every minute of every day, driving me insane. So I think "hey, babies like pretty things, have the servants give it some flowers, maybe it'll shut up for a bit". I send out Richard, the idiot Englishman in my court and he comes back with the ugliest things you've ever seen, the moron went to the storehouse and found some hemp that'd started flowering before it was harvested. Fun fact: Konopka is like, Polish for hemp, great-great-great-great-something or other grandpa owned a little rope business in the east before we moved out to France, or west-Mongolia as they call it now, and backed the right duke in the Crusades. Anyways, so the brat gets these ugly little flowers and, of course, starts eating them. Typical baby poo poo, right? BUT, here's the crazy thing, it calms him down. Kid gets a lot more chilled out."

"So I try one myself, tastes awful. But we mix it with a little honey, some mint, roll it into a little ball and wrap it in paper to keep the bugs out and you've got Konopka's very own Hemp Capsules for Pain. Perfect for teething babes, headaches, phantom limbs, wandering wombs and gout. I got a few dozen pouches of them in this crate, meet me after the session and I'll hook you up."

"Huh? Oh, the law stuff. Uh, let's put both of my two (2) votes for The Catholic Reformation idea. At this point we don't really need the Pope, hell, we're bigger than Jesus. As for the normal directives, I'm gonna say: "

AYE to Appoint Doge Mikail of the Nile as Spymaster "Yeah sure, why not."
AYE to Realm Census "When was the last time there was a big important census in Palestine, anyway?"
NAY to Reach Out to Prester John "Who? Listen, if there was anybody out there I'm sure we would've found him by now."
NAY to Appoint Prince Centule of Alexandria as Advisor "Eh."
NAY to Appoint Grandmaster Ildey of the Knights of Krete as Designated Regent "Eh."
Aye to Et Tamen, Hierusalem Praestat "Yeah sure, Jerusalem rocks, whatever."
Abstain to Rename Counties and Duchies "I dunno what any of this means."

"Now for the big stuff, flags and poo poo. Hell yeah, let's do it:"

Aye to The Flag of Jaked Egg-Tooth "That a sweet as hell flag man, holy poo poo. I love how his brain has just, exploded, because of how cool we are. Could use, like, a sword or something, but still awesome."
NAY to The Flag of Count Yijian d'Cathay "Uh, at the risk of further angering this damp monstrosity, gonna have to say no."
AYE to Change name to Empire of Medio Sanctus "It's a killer name guys, c'mon!"
NAY to The Empire should be known as the "Middle Kingdom" "Y'all can eat the MIDDLE of my rear end, hell no!"
NAY to The Empire shall be known officially as Sacrum Status Medialis, in the common parlance the Holy Middle States "An okay name, but mine is better."
NAY to Jerusalem is henceforth known as the Empire of Eden. "How about the Empire of Eaten. As in, you should be eaten my rear end with this stuff."
NAY to "Jerusalem should be known as the United States." "Nope."
AYE to The lord who holds this realm shall be called Emperor Preferent or Empress Preferent , to reflect his or her position as elected lord of the realm. "Hell yeah!"
NAY to I propose we give our leaders the title of Magnus Princeps/Principissa. "You're princi-pissing me off, dude."
NAY to Custodian General "What, is he a janitor?"
AYE to The Empire shall be governed by a "Emperor/Empress Preferent" known by his honorary title "His/Her Elective Majesty" "Sure, why not."
NAY to The Empire automatically grants all emperors the Regnal name Adam/Eve. *Makes a farting noise with his mouth, gives a thumbs down.*

Clayren fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 14, 2020

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

All my votes to JATRA 1220 Edition.

Realm Census - AYE
Empire Motto - "Et Tamen, Hierusalem Praestat" - NAY
Rename Counties and Duchies - NAY

Imperial Directives:
The Flag of the Empire: Ralepozozaxe's Design

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Four votes for the Catholic Reformation

Doge Mikail be made Spymaster: AYE!
The King's Census: AYE!
Reach out to Prester John and the Eastern Christians: AYE!
Appoint Prince Centule to Second Advisor: AYE!
Princely Grandmaster Ildey as Designated Regent: AYE!]

Sacrum Status Medialis - AYE!
E Preferant - AYE!
Elective Majesty - AYE!

Everything else ABSTAIN!

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Sacrum Status Medialis - AYE!

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Directive voting with approximately 2 hours left in the session.

Laws/Policies are still all passing without issue, with JATRA 1220 at 37 For, JRO at 23 for, and The Catholic Reformation at 31 for.

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
Changing name preference to Sacrum Status Medialus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Following the party line on this one:

3 votes for JATRA

Realm Census - AYE