Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Eureka seems like more than I am willing to deal with in a person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

angerbeet posted:

Eureka seems like more than I am willing to deal with in a person.

A lot of people play it up for the cameras.

I think Eureka on television is exactly like who she is in real life. Silky too.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm fine with them bringing back queens from AS1 since, well, it might as well not have existed. But yeah I don't think Ginger really needs to be back.

They seem to be going through the AS1 queens one by one, though. Maybe we'll get Mimi, Shannel, and Tammie (:allears:) on some future AS seasons (though I think Tammie has said she's not coming back again? so did Dela, though)

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 15, 2020

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

Nihonniboku posted:

I think Eureka on television is exactly like who she is in real life. Silky too.

I noticed Reginald (Silky) on Grindr in Sydney pre-pandemic within 1km of my workplace, presumably for one of the international tours.

Profile information was "Ask about Silky and you get blocked. I'm looking for men just like all of you. Now make that pussy fart."

That's verbatim because I screen-capped and sent to my husband.

Bitch you're the one who couldn't make it past three words without bringing up Silky. I SURE HOPE NOBODY RECOGNISES ME FROM THE TELEVISION...

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Tammie has had some very pointed things to say about Drag Race and she said even if she won it she would hand it back, due to the fracking

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

curiousTerminal posted:

Oh nevermind I am now negative excited. RPDR execs shoving every fat drag queen who's ever appeared on their television program into a single season like "we will have a big girl win even if the cast is insufferable and has no chemistry god DAMMIT we've been trying for seven years and at some point you just need to stack the deck"

lol if this pans out you can be certain they were planning to force one to win on season 12 but oopsie poopsie on that

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I kinda wanna see the unedited season 12 footage. Curious to see what Sharty's storyline would've been. But honestly, I can't see her having won in the producers' original plans post-filming. Obviously she was favored early on, but she coasted for the second half of the season.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

gandlethorpe posted:

I kinda wanna see the unedited season 12 footage. Curious to see what Sharty's storyline would've been. But honestly, I can't see her having won in the producers' original plans post-filming. Obviously she was favored early on, but she coasted for the second half of the season.

i absolutely am 100% certain she was the narrator of the season, and she was going to win

I wasn't totally sure on it as the season was going, but after she went on for 18 minutes when the time limit was 5, and after her verse in the final challenge which a toddler could have outdone that they let her slide for, they were ALL loving ABOUT sherry pie, it would have gotten them another good from behind narrative which they love and finally ticked off that big girl thing, it's such a gimme

i would also do unspeakable things to watch the original s12 cut though for sure

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I’m one of the editors that hastily assembled the version of S12 that was broadcast and I have access to the unadulterated, never-before-seen footage of S12E03 - onward. I’ll gladly leak them to anyone who’s willing to put together a short reel - just post a picture of yourself in the thread first (preferably without deodorant) so I know what skin tone muscle suits I need to order :getin:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Going 13 minutes over her time in the comedy challenge should’ve eliminated her on the loving spot.

shocked Michelle didn’t walk to the side of the stage and do the classic cartoon “grab them by the neck with a cane and yank ‘em off the stage”

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

the escape goat posted:

Going 13 minutes over her time in the comedy challenge should’ve eliminated her on the loving spot.

shocked Michelle didn’t walk to the side of the stage and do the classic cartoon “grab them by the neck with a cane and yank ‘em off the stage”

Yes, but they loved it. Despite the editing they did to make it look like her comedy set was awkwardly long, the audience and judges looked delighted during it.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The sheer number of awkward "force feeding" jokes that made it in the edited version of S12 says enough.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The end of All-Stars was great, wasn't it? And then we had Canada, which was a joy, but I'm excited to take a break until the return of Season 13 so let's all look for fun things to-

IT NEVER ENDS :woop::woop::woop:

Yes, another season is about to start: Drag Race Holland! Hosted by Fred van Leer, ten queens compete for the title of Holland's Next Drag Superstar!

The first episode airs on Wow Presents Plus Thursday, Sep 17 at 6 pm Eastern. (We'll update this if they settle into a Friday schedule.)

Let's meet... our girls!

ChelseaBoy - 26 - Amsterdam

Envy Peru - 31 - Amsterdam

Janey Jacké - 28 - Amsterdam

Ma'MaQueen - 30 - Rotterdam

Madame Madness - 24 - Amsterdam

Megan Schoonbrood - 32 - Rotterdam

Miss Abby OMG - 25 - Amsterdam

Patty Pam-Pam - 34 - Amsterdam

Roem - 21 - Breda

Sederginne - 26 - Antwerpen, Belgium

Lët's dö thïs!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Also, I don't know what to change the thread name to but I propose the following:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > Drag Race Holland: Thë önly thïng yöü'rë fückïng ... ïs stüpïd.

Other thoughts?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Zvahl posted:

i absolutely am 100% certain she was the narrator of the season, and she was going to win

I wasn't totally sure on it as the season was going, but after she went on for 18 minutes when the time limit was 5, and after her verse in the final challenge which a toddler could have outdone that they let her slide for, they were ALL loving ABOUT sherry pie, it would have gotten them another good from behind narrative which they love and finally ticked off that big girl thing, it's such a gimme

i would also do unspeakable things to watch the original s12 cut though for sure

I dunno, they still decided to give Gigi a fourth win. I suppose track record isn't the end-all-be-all, especially considering S11's outcome. But given what we saw of the episode 2 lip sync, they would've had to do away with LSFTC in order to rig it in favor of SP.

But yeah, there's definitely a reel of film Ru ordered burned containing all the glowing praise from the judges.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

gandlethorpe posted:

But yeah, there's definitely a reel of film Ru ordered burned containing all the glowing praise from the judges.

USE THE FOOTAGE AS FUEL FOR MY FRACKING RIGS

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pinwiz11 posted:

Also, I don't know what to change the thread name to but I propose the following:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > Drag Race Holland: Thë önly thïng yöü'rë fückïng ... ïs stüpïd.

Other thoughts?

lmfao I'll change it to that for now, if we get any other ideas I can swap it whenev

e: i lied it won't allow umlauts

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

https://www.instagram.com/jvmathi/

Profane Accessory
Feb 23, 2012

This doesn't really work in Dutch, but the direct translation would be:

Het enige dat je neukt... is stom.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

https://twitter.com/YuhuaHamasaki/status/1306023477456011264
:laffo:

I don't know if today's the first full episode or what, but I'm excited for later this afternoon!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
??? Is it a guest host situation like Canada? Or does Cheryl speak dutch?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Nihonniboku posted:

??? Is it a guest host situation like Canada? Or does Cheryl speak dutch?

It's a joke that the host in drag looks like Cheryl. (Honestly, she doesn't look that much like Cheryl but I laughed.)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Assume anything Yuhua says is shitposting

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

BREAKING AS6 T: ...............Shannel...............

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

somebody allowed to make the finger in the dike joke for the thread title

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

gandlethorpe posted:

BREAKING AS6 T: ...............Shannel...............

between that and serena chacha being bandied about and the more recent other additions, I'm curious whether people were wrong about a few of them, or if it's going to turn into like a full rear end 14 person season or something or some of the suspected cast is just missing from instagram for no good reason

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

AS6 not even happening, just a series of pandemic related nervour breakdowns.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

The Little Death posted:

AS6 not even happening, just a series of pandemic related nervour breakdowns.

Every lip sync involves a face mask. Valentina loses her poo poo.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I guess episodes will be released midnight Amsterdam time, which is 6 PM Eastern on Thursday!

Horray for a new batch of queens!

ep1: Sorry Roem, but you need to be able to walk and perform.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Pinwiz11 posted:

ep1: Sorry Roem, but you need to be able to walk and perform.

between her and soju i think anybody cast in the future who has done a youtube series might want to reconsider

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

roem went hoem:smith:

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Anywhere to watch Holland in Canada?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Normy posted:

I think it's on Wow Presents Plus for pretty much everywhere but Holland.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I've never been to Europe. All these queen on Drag Race Holland are speaking every sentence half in English, and half in Dutch. It's making me think that I understand Dutch.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Runways looks extremly good.

Like wow. Costumey I know, but in the best possible way.

Madame Madness also is extremly cute out of drag.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Normy posted:

I don't see it on OUTtv, so probably WOW Presents+

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Nihonniboku posted:

I've never been to Europe. All these queen on Drag Race Holland are speaking every sentence half in English, and half in Dutch. It's making me think that I understand Dutch.

Yes, it's breaking my brain a bit. Dutch sounds uncannily similar to English (yes I know, they're closely related) and when half of what they're saying is actually English it confuses the heck out of me.

edit: lots of really cute boys

Fritz the Horse fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 18, 2020

lgcty5
Jan 4, 2003
I’m going to have to watch it twice just so my brain can fully process the visual, reading the subtitles and hearing the language switches. Not that I’m complaining...

Also is it just me, or was anybody else kind of shocked at how bad that lipsync was? The looks were so so polished from nearly everybody that I guess I was expecting more, despite the fact that it’s the first elimination.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

lgcty5 posted:

I’m going to have to watch it twice just so my brain can fully process the visual, reading the subtitles and hearing the language switches. Not that I’m complaining...

Also is it just me, or was anybody else kind of shocked at how bad that lipsync was? The looks were so so polished from nearly everybody that I guess I was expecting more, despite the fact that it’s the first elimination.

I know drag has some universal elements across cultures, but I really wonder do Dutch drag queens lip sync to English songs most of the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

The lip syncs in DRUK were also not very good in general. It may point to a difference in typical drag performances between Europe and North America. One of Charlie Hides excuses for her bad lip sync was “all the acts in London sing live.”