Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raised By Birds posted:

Well, I ALMOST agree with Carmen. All the names I've heard for the current generation have been stupid. "Post-millenial" and "GenZ" base it on a different generation's name, and poo poo like "iGeneration" is a complete non-starter.

It's just that framing it as being "killed" is also dumb. It's just that nobody's (in my opinion) popularized an actual good name yet. Also the issue of so many people thinking the "Millenial" age band is still going.

4chan has taken to calling them Zoomers and I think that's a pretty good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

KennyMan666 posted:

And, obviously, none of the parties in the left/right blocks want to just be a supporting party in a government led by the other block. Right now the first out of four attempts is going on, so we'll see what happens with that... but things are not looking fun over here right now.
No tradition of national unity governments? Two years as president / pm (whichever one matters over there) for our guy, two years for yours?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Oh hey, it's Rove's good ol' "attack the enemy where you are weak" thing

see, because they've already tried to use Kavanaugh's drinking buddies as character witnesses

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

U.T. Raptor posted:

Sure are a lot of cartoonists suspiciously concerned about being accused of rape :thunk:

I'm gonna be as light on detail here as I possibly can, but I know a dude who once told me how worried he was that a girl could just decide, for some inscrutable reason, to ruin his life with a false rape accusation.

Years later, wracked with moral horror, he confessed to me that he had done a rape.

So, yeah - I was suspicious of "golly gee, a girl could just ACCUSE ME OF RAPE and RUIN MY LIFE for NO REASON" handwringing back then, and I am only more suspicious of it now. I am 100% prepared to believe that every single fucker doing reprehensible cartoons about Ford right now is terrified that they, personally, may have to pay the piper.

GeminiSun fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Oct 4, 2018

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Jurgan posted:

Yeah, I was just recently accused of sexual harassment by a student. She was either really paranoid or was trying to create an excuse for failing my class. So the Title IX people looked into it, interviewed some witnesses, and decided it was unfounded. It was a pretty simple process, and I imagine if I’d started screaming about conspiracies Kavanaugh-style it would have made everything much worse. The only problem was that my boss tried to cover it up, which just dragged the whole process out for months. I don’t want people trying to block an investigation if I’m accused; I’d rather all the interviews happen while people’s memories are fresh.

Yep, bullshit domestic violence accusations here. It was a small town and everyone wrung their hands about all stories having two sides for about six months (which admittedly sucked a lot) and then she imploded spectacularly because--and this is going to shock everyone here--fully-formed, emotionally healthy people don't falsely accuse other people of vile crimes to increase their social standing.

Ed. And it didn't even make it to the police or anything, because they wouldn't have taken her claims seriously for racist and misogynist reasons, and I'm not even a Yalie! The system is so stacked against legitimate accusations that like... God I'm just mad all the time at our stupid country.

betaraywil fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 4, 2018

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I like this one.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Garrison posted:

One of Ford’s many former boyfriends came forward with sworn testimony that she did indeed instruct an FBI candidate in deep detail about how to take a polygraph test—contrary to what she told the Senate Judiciary Committee. Forget that it’s unethical to instruct candidates in ways to beat the polygraph. The real bombshell is she insisted to Congress that she ‘never’ instructed anyone.

https://twitter.com/TerryMoran/status/1047489913720115202

I hope Mike faces the treatment his party normally doles out to people named Ramirez.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Being a spooky skeleton is gonna own bones I can’t wait to scare some kids in an abandoned mansion by jumping out of a closet and rattling around

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

420 Gank Mid posted:

The real rapist is actually the black man
Look you can't just throw out accusations like that except when they're at people I don't like and that happened so long ago it doesn't count anymore unless it's a democrat and it was just harmless schoolyard playfulness unless they were black

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The "Kavanaugh doppelganger" theory was great because it was an example of Republicans choosing a guy from Kavanaugh's high school class essentially at random and disseminating a false accusation that he was a rapist, with no evidence whatsoever, because it was politically expedient for them

90% of tactics Republicans accuse Democrats of using are just things they want to do themselves

(it wasn't discussed in here, so if you didn't know, the #tcot crowd started saying "maybe Ford was assaulted by someone else and just thought it was Kavanaugh", then found a guy in Kavanaugh's yearbook that kind of sort of looked like him if you squint and said "it could have been THIS guy for example," then retweeted and signal-boosted the poo poo out of each other for a while, essentially accusing a random dude of sexual assault apropos of nothing before the tweet eventually had to be taken down because it was literal libel)

e: here's a link

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Its weird how Ramirez's Corey Booker looks like everyone else's Bill Cosby. I wonder what's up with that.

Also lol that Bret looks like a huge goober. Ramirez is so bad at drawing that he cant even make people he likes look good.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Time for: More Tears From a Bunch of Guys Who Are Going to Get Their Way

The weathervane cartoon of scales cartoons.

I should be more troubled by seeing Fred Trump and spawn's faces, but instead it's the shark's seal flipper.

17 :lol:

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

https://secondnexus.com/news/chelse...72dc93302272904

On mobile, otherwise I'd link the cartoon as well. What do y'all think?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

Its weird how Ramirez's Corey Booker looks like everyone else's Bill Cosby. I wonder what's up with that.

Also lol that Bret looks like a huge goober. Ramirez is so bad at drawing that he cant even make people he likes look good.

Was it his Dubya or his Reagan caricature that looked like he’d just tried to eat a crab whole, but it got stuck sideways in his mouth?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Regalingualius posted:

Was it his Dubya or his Reagan caricature that looked like he’d just tried to eat a crab whole, but it got stuck sideways in his mouth?

That's W, though for all I know it was recycled from Reagan.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Regalingualius posted:

His Dubya was the one that looked like a stingray wearing makeup

The only Ramirez Reagan caricature I can think of was when he tried to draw Paul Ryan as Reagan, but ended up drawing him as a muppet made of clay

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Sorry again for being terrible at MS Paint, I just need to get these out of my system.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

FTFY Ramirez

Only registered members can see post attachments!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

Time for: More Tears From a Bunch of Guys Who Are Going to Get Their Way

Seriously. Forgive the NERRRRRRRD tangent here, but these wingnut bozos who insist on 1) owning the libs; but 2) being unconditionally loved for it remind me of Gul Dukat from Deep Space Nine losing his marbles:

quote:

Dukat: From the moment we arrived on Bajor it was clear that we were the superior race, but they couldn't accept that. They wanted to be treated as equals, when they most certainly were not. Militarily, technologically, culturally – we were almost a century ahead of them in every way. We did not choose to be the superior race. Fate handed us that role and it would have been so much easier on everyone if the Bajorans had simply accepted their role. But no… day after day they clustered in their temples and prayed for deliverance and night after night they planted bombs outside of our homes. Pride.. stubborn, unyielding pride. From the servant girl that cleaned my quarters, to the condemned man toiling in a labor camp, to the terrorist skulking through the hills of Dahkur Province… they all wore their pride like some… twisted badge of honor.

Benjamin Sisko: And you hated them for it.

Dukat: Of course I hated them! I hated everything about them! Their superstitions and their cries for sympathy, their treachery and their lies, their smug superiority and their stiff-necked obstinacy, their earrings, and their broken, wrinkled noses!

Yes, yes, fellas, the all-out assault on women, literally and figuratively, continues apace. If you don't like people pointing that out to you, abloohoohoo.

quote:

"Also, I'm going to draw Obama with a cigarette for eternity because booga booga black prez."

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Nick Soapdish posted:

FTFY Ramirez

Same.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May's Tory conference speech – The prime minister avoided any mention of the Chequers plan in her address to the party"

Telegraph:

Dancing Queen: Theresa May steps out again - PM, widely mocked for her dancing on Africa trip, took the stage to strains of Abba anthem

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... Theresa May dancing to Abba

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Republican regard for the dignity of women is basically stalled out in 1969: AGC

D.N. Nation posted:

Seriously. Forgive the NERRRRRRRD tangent here, but these wingnut bozos who insist on 1) owning the libs; but 2) being unconditionally loved for it remind me of Gul Dukat from Deep Space Nine losing his marbles:

NERRRRRRD but yes that is an apt comparison.

(Dukat was such a great villain until he went full on evil for crazy's sake, but then he was again when he and the alien pope started loving for evil's sake.)

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

lol

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

https://twitter.com/saracircle/status/1047903522287583232

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Leak, Son of Leak:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

I guess "happy gimp" is a recurring character.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

So what's the over/under on this guy having creepy poo poo on his hard drive?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Panty Saluter posted:

So what's the over/under on this guy having creepy poo poo on his hard drive?

You'd actually lose money by betting on 'yes'.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I dont know posted:

I guess "happy gimp" is a recurring character.
It's Leak for "school teacher". The story here is Labor pledging a bunch of funding for preschool - that's it, that's the story - but Leak gonna Leak.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
"Call me old fashioned..." - a child

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

This is the first Branco I think I've ever seen that had more thought put into it than "Ugh, Democrat bad! Draw Democrat ugly! Stink lines! Heh heh heh."

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
"If"?

How optimistic of you, J.R.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

yeah, that's a gaybie nom. Get hosed Leak

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Are we absolutely sure that Son of Leak isn't in actuality a clone? people usually aren't a carbon copy of their parents, racism and all.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

By popular demand posted:

Are we absolutely sure that Son of Leak isn't in actuality a clone? people usually aren't a carbon copy of their parents, racism and all.

he's actually leak's racist poltergeist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

I uh.... what is this even about??