Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Croc posted:

Pastor will always have that win and tbh he won fair and square that day and didn't lose it to alonsos pressure. Its just so random to think he managed that when usually he makes stupid errors to take himself out.

I think Maldonado's problem is that he feels pressured to do better, he feels the need to justify the money his sponsors pony up by winning every place possible. When he's in the lead, or in a position where he can't possibly do better, he's not under that pressure any more and he does well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

A full recording of the BBC broadcast of Spa 1985, if anyone wants a mainline of nostalgia. It has the pre-race too, if you want to see how it used to be done. Nearly 30 years ago!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VX1tM7IaVw

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Oh man that intro music. How long has it been? :allears:

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

This one chops and changes audio during the race; there is definitely a Hunt & Walker one only out there, I'll see if I can find it again.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

darth cookie posted:

About five days. :haw:

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Sulman posted:

A full recording of the BBC broadcast of Spa 1985, if anyone wants a mainline of nostalgia. It has the pre-race too, if you want to see how it used to be done. Nearly 30 years ago!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VX1tM7IaVw

When was the BBC commentary team made up of French men?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Sulman posted:

This one chops and changes audio during the race; there is definitely a Hunt & Walker one only out there, I'll see if I can find it again.

Most of the old races i've found are like this, I dont think certain bbc races had complete coverage.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

track day bro! posted:

Most of the old races i've found are like this, I dont think certain bbc races had complete coverage.

The majority of mine are. Also most look like they were filmed in a fishbowl.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

darth cookie posted:

i want to know who originally made the decision to use the chain.

inspired. loving inspired.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I mean it's a good song, but why for F1?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Tension and release like the start of a race, plus the interplay of throbby bass and screamy guitar is all heartbeat and screamy engines

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

no idea, but it's been used as the BBC's theme to it's F1 shows since 1978, so generations of people have grown up with and known it as the music for F1.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The Renault Toro Rosso saga is heating up deliciously. Helmut Marko mentioning that they might rebrand Toro Rosso to be more prominently yellow to appease Renault rather than just selling the entire outfit to them.

Then again Franz Tost has also mentioned that Toro Rosso is totally open to the idea of Renault buying them and would be a massive step forward to be owned by a manufacturer team. I'm turgid.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I would like to see a factory Renault team again.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i would like for there to be less red bull in F1

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Alain Post posted:

I would like to see a factory Renault team again.

I'd be down with a yellow car on the grid.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Renault needs to come back and they need to hire Flavio

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

El Hefe posted:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

renault needs to resurrect the minardi name and fund the team entirely through donations

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
There should be other major brands in it. Renault, BMW, Toyota. All those companies have more money than god, there's no reason they shouldn't be burning piles of it in F1. It's as good a place as any to burn piles of money.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
if renault buys a differnt team does everyone have to stop calling lotus renault or do we have two renos like when we had too lotus

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Who calls Lotus "renault" now that they don't even have Renault engines anymore

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

El Hefe posted:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i'm fine with renault punting out red bull but really the last thing we need is another mid-2000s run of lovely, underachieving manufacturer teams who serve no purpose other than to inflate budgets. bmw and toyota and audi can supply engines.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The caveat of Renault buying Toro Rosso is that Red Bull will most likely pull out entirely at that point (according to Christian Horner).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
BMW was cool until they shat out the F1.09 and ruined Robert Kubica's life, and also my life.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

The caveat of Renault buying Toro Rosso is that Red Bull will most likely pull out entirely at that point (according to Christian Horner).

which one of us doesn't know what caveat means

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

be nice wicka posted:

which one of us doesn't know what caveat means

you're thinking of cravat

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

renault should buy red bull and a rich italian should buy toro rosso and bring back the minardi name. you could burn mclaren down at that point, idgaf

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

El Hefe posted:

I'd love a bit of big Flavi B

be nice wicka posted:

renault should buy red bull and a rich italian should buy toro rosso and bring back the minardi name. you could burn mclaren down at that point, idgaf

So Ferrari or Fiat should buy toro rosso, I dont think there are any other italians with money

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Wirth1000 posted:

who gives a poo poo

also thats horny horner talking, its not his call to make

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Horny Spice

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

poopzilla posted:

who gives a poo poo

also thats horny horner talking, its not his call to make

I give a poo poo because Red Bull is a team that dominated for past few years in FIA Formula 1 World Championship by Bernie Ecclestone & CVC and now they might be loving off for good. Which is a thing I want to happen so I'm quite eager for Renault to buy Scuderia Toro Rosso (Italiano for Team Red Bull).

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

ok cool

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Red Bull realising at the moment that for their decade of achievement, people don't care for fizzy drinks companies swanning around acting like they own the place.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Cigarettes loving suck. But god drat do I love seeing them plastered all over cars on the grid in the classic races I've seen.

Monster and Redbull can gently caress off. Bring back smokes and more booze. (and weed, add that)

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Grosjean owns

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

meat CRime posted:

Grosjean owns

hmm

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Exactly, Grosjean owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Exactly, Grosjean owns

• Locked thread