Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Knight posted:

What kind of mentality does it take to give your medal to someone who never served, saw combat, or bled for their country? What level of self esteem does that take?

The kind of mentality that would make Donald Trump seem like a good candidate for president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Accch my model

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

zoux posted:

I assume this is unprecedented rhetoric directed from the OO to the opposition candidate.

Imagine so, but you never know.

The thing is, Trump's supposed to be receiving security briefings by now, right? And...you wouldn't want Trump specifically to be receiving security briefings as a national security matter, I guess. I'm not sure that such a thing has been a serious issue before either. I do imagine that Obama's comments and the issue of security briefings are connected, though.

gregday
May 23, 2003

By the end of the week we are going to get a soundbite of "Look, I think I've sacrificed a lot of babies."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Perfectly Safe posted:

Imagine so, but you never know.

The thing is, Trump's supposed to be receiving security briefings by now, right? And...you wouldn't want Trump specifically to be receiving security briefings as a national security matter, I guess. I'm not sure that such a thing has been a serious issue before either. I do imagine that Obama's comments and the issue of security briefings are connected, though.

Obama and the DNI have complete discretion about what he gets.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
https://www.facebook.com/newtgingrich/videos/10154354899539197/

Newt Gingrich whining about the debates.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Knight posted:

What kind of mentality does it take to give your medal to someone who never served, saw combat, or bled for their country? What level of self esteem does that take?

I like people who don't give their medals away.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's only Tuesday!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
who gives their medal away anyway? i can maybe understand like giving your silver star to the guy who was the real hero that day or something i guess, but is medal giving away a common thing?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pathetic little tramp posted:

who gives their medal away anyway? i can maybe understand like giving your silver star to the guy who was the real hero that day or something i guess, but is medal giving away a common thing?

John Kerry.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/matthewbennett/status/760517606843551744

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

euphronius posted:

John Kerry.

i'm still not sure he ever served in vietnam i think that was all made up, i mean al gore was a journalist over there maybe he photoshoipped john kerry into the photos

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

you know i never noticed this before but mccain's statement is pretty spineless:

quote:

"While our Party has bestowed upon him the nomination, it is not accompanied by unfettered license to defame those who are the best among us,"

"you can defame those who are best among us but keep it reasonable donald"

gregday
May 23, 2003

Man that's old news! Today Trump received a Purple Heart for bravely sacrificing a baby.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

One of the top comments in Newts post, is any of this poo poo below true?

turnip kid posted:

Instead of name calling - let's talk money... I compared Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump's tax plan to see how it would effect me as a middle class tax payer. Here's the break down assuming I can get my deductions to bring me down to $75,300 of taxable income. Hillary Clinton places that salary in a 25% tax bracket (married filing jointly) which translates to me paying around $724.00 in fed tax a paycheck. That's around $1,448.00 a month or $18,825.00 per year in fed taxes (my salary is divided over 26 pay periods). Donald Trump places that salary in a 10% tax bracket which translates to me paying around $290 in fed tax a paycheck. That's around $580 a month or $7,530.00 per year in fed taxes. Donald Trump's tax plan would put an extra $434.00 a paycheck in my pocket every paycheck. That's about $868.00 a month or $11,284.00 per year in extra money.If I were to invest that $434 each paycheck into a mutual fund with an average interest rate of %10 (lol) I would have....almost 2 million dollars when I retire in 30 years.....Think about that when you consider who you are going to vote for in November. An extra $870 a month can go an extremely long distance in most people's households.You can check Clintons tax plan herehttp://taxfoundation.org/…/details-and-analysis-hillary-cli…And Trumps tax plan herehttps://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

old news buddy, we're onto Trump wanting to get shot in a war and punting babies out of his rallies now - booing air force mom only reached a 3.6 on the trump-oh-poo poo-o-meter

edit: beaten pretty much

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oops I missed the Pence train

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

oddium posted:

"isn't he known for his ability to command fire ??" - sarah palin or tina fey, choose wisely wanderer

truly the natural enemy of fire marshals

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
I just got a robo call on my office phone asking me to donate $100 or more to Donald Trump. If it's or more I would get an exclusive signed photo of Trump. Thankfully there was an option to speak to a live human being to make my donation of $100 or more who asked if they could count on my support who I got to tell that Trump is a racist piece of poo poo that can gently caress right off. I know it didn't make any difference but it felt good.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

zoux posted:

Obama and the DNI have complete discretion about what he gets.

I know, but there's a difference between what would normally happen and what ought to happen (and presumably is happening) with Trump. Which is why the "your nominee is unfit, GOP" would be of special significance following the convention.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Nonsense posted:

One of the top comments in Newts post, is any of this poo poo below true?

Ha, my coworker told me someone posted this exact screed on their facebook wall!

Apparently, for starters, this person does not know how tax brackets work and thinks the highest bracket you're in applies to 100% of your income.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

It was a copy.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jesus Christ Obama.

He came on strong today.

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

shiksa posted:

Hahaha he's gonna be forced to create his own network to get that sweet sweet attention he so desperately craves.

I think that's his current endgame/best case scenario. With Ailes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Other Nate on why HRC's convention bounce might persist
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/760534624510550017

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Any Republican that comes out on Trumps side is just jockeying for a place in his cabinet.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Boosted_C5 posted:

Trump knows more about ISIS than the generals

it's true, he watches all the shows

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Listening to Donald in Virginia, does anyone know where he got this "22 veteran suicides a day" number from? I've heard one a day and that seems extreme but uh... 8000 a year??

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Like if you were just hiring for the job of "president" and weren't taking any political ideologies or bents into account, by what possible metric is DJT more qualified for HRC. Who do we trust more to address the nation after a shooting, or make a toast at a white tie state dinner, or anyone of the innumerable things that a president does day to day that don't have anything to do with lawmaking? I've sure as poo poo opposed every GOP presidential candidate in my lifetime, but I never felt that they couldn't do the job.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Since I haven't done this in a while...

RCP national average, August 2nd, 2008: Obama 46.5, McCain 43.9 (O +2.6)
RCP national average, August 2nd, 2012: Obama 47.4, Romney 44.4 (O +3.0)
RCP national average, August 2nd, 2016: Clinton 46.4, Trump 42.0 (C +4.4)

Note that in 08 and 12 the conventions hadn't happened yet.

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 2, 2016

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

Raskolnikov38 posted:

please let this election end with the trumps destitute

I doubt many goons remember this but there was a semi-big story back in the day when a photographer caught the Trumps shopping at K-Mart. If I recall the news angle correctly, it was a sign of the tough economic times yadda yadda even the rich are bargain hunting yadda yadda

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

against 17 other goons, id give myself okay odd

oh jinkies a goon administration would own

White House Chief of Staff Joementum
evilweasel for SCOTUS :hehe:
migf as the reek
give the front row of seats in the press room to fyad
secdef caro
secstate baloogan

just thinking out loud here, but i'm in favor

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

LMAO Newt nobody gives a poo poo anymore, this controversy is like two days old, Saturday called and its the only one who cares

It's all about...well it was about a different thing three hours ago, now your candidate just insulted literally every wounded veteran ever

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DarkCrawler posted:

LMAO Newt nobody gives a poo poo anymore, this controversy is like two days old, Saturday called and its the only one who cares

It's all about...well it was about a different thing three hours ago, now your candidate just insulted literally every wounded veteran ever

And a baby.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
I'm really, really unhappy that Eric and Don's comments on victims of sexual harrassment have been drowned out

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

oh jinkies a goon administration would own

White House Chief of Staff Joementum
evilweasel for SCOTUS :hehe:
migf as the reek
give the front row of seats in the press room to fyad
secdef caro
secstate baloogan

just thinking out loud here, but i'm in favor

I would flip a coin each day, heads and the world gets Henry Kissinger, tails I unlock the liquor

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Paul Ryan to The Guy currently lurking sheepishly in the doorway in his office "What'd he do now, insult a baby?"

thethreeman posted:

I'm really, really unhappy that Eric and Don's comments on victims of sexual harrassment have been drowned out

Don't worry, Trump will ensure that it's a headline story for three days sometime next week.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

ah, the long gone days of swiftboating

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
So is this just going to go on until Election Day? McConnell and Ryan condemning every individual thing Trump says, every day, while still not retracting their endorsement? That just isn't sustainable. Something has to give. And what would Congressional relations look like if Trump actually wins?

I'm at a loss to figuring out what McConnell and Ryan and all the rest of the Republican leaderships' plan is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trump probably just wanted to buy the land the Kmart was on.

• Locked thread