Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

muscles like this? posted:

Looks like Black Adam wasn't expecting that to happen.

It's fairly obvious he intended to throw Cyborg and the arm just kinda came off in his hand.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 05:53 on May 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

^^Maybe Cyborg is like some kind of robo-skink.

Cabbit posted:

They have got the brittlest drat metal in DC. Like, if you're gonna be a superhero, maybe spring for something that's not going to shred like construction paper the second somebody with super-strength gets ahold of you.

I'm supposed to believe these guys can develop complex cybernetics, but not a metal that Black Adam doesn't even need two hands to rend?

In fairness, Black Adam is Superman levels of strong.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

ManiacClown posted:

Yeah, I don't think there's actually a metal he couldn't shred single-handedly.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ManiacClown posted:

In the Injustice game, when you activate the Clash Wager between Black Adam and Superman, they have this dialogue:

Black Adam: My power equals yours!
Superman: Nobody's does!

Though to keep with the funny and be on-topic, the Clash Wager dialogue between Green Arrow and Killer Frost:

Green Arrow: How's your sister, Hoar?
Killer Frost: You are so dead.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Gavok posted:

:words:

I like your pun, but does GA normally call people whores or sluts? Sounds odd. Oh well.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

I like your pun, but does GA normally call people whores or sluts? Sounds odd. Oh well.

I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a pun when he says it too. And GA's pretty much a smarmy douche to everyone in Injustice. It's kind of hilarious.

edit: To make this post funnier, here's some funny panels. In New Avengers #5, the Illuminati are trying to stop the universe from falling apart and have turned to mysterious prisoner Black Swan for help/advice.

Oh Namor, never change. :allears:

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:33 on May 22, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TwoPair posted:

I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a pun when he says it too. And GA's pretty much a smarmy douche to everyone in Injustice. It's kind of hilarious.

Not everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6HDYIdBp-A&t=737s

:allears: Bromance.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Flash's are the best.

"I know your weakness!"

"Chocolate cake?" :haw:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Fire is bad. Thanks goons, thanks for off topically making me want to play, what I'm sure is, a really subpar fighting game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sizone posted:

Fire is bad. Thanks goons, thanks for off topically making me want to play, what I'm sure is, a really subpar fighting game.

It's actually really good.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

TheHan posted:

Flash's are the best.

"I know your weakness!"

"Chocolate cake?" :haw:

Flash is the best. The unique clashes own.
"Speed isn't everything."
"That's what slow people say."

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Oh my god, I've never heard that one Hal/Ollie one in the middle of the video.

"Got no chance, Ollie!"

"Aww, sure you do!"

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

Cabbit posted:

They have got the brittlest drat metal in DC. Like, if you're gonna be a superhero, maybe spring for something that's not going to shred like construction paper the second somebody with super-strength gets ahold of you.

I'm supposed to believe these guys can develop complex cybernetics, but not a metal that Black Adam doesn't even need two hands to rend?

Hey, come on man, metal fabrication can be expensive, and they need that budget for all the glowy cybernetics. As much as the robotic folks in DC get destroyed and rebuilt (namely Cyborg and Red Tornado), you have to do it on the cheap.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gavok posted:

In the Injustice game, when you activate the Clash Wager between Black Adam and Superman, they have this dialogue:

Black Adam: My power equals yours!
Superman: Nobody's does!

Though to keep with the funny and be on-topic, the Clash Wager dialogue between Green Arrow and Killer Frost:

As far as Injustice Clash Wager banter goes, my favorite will always be:
Aquaman: What makes you think you could beat me?
Superman: I'm Superman.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Dan Didio posted:

Oh my god, I've never heard that one Hal/Ollie one in the middle of the video.

"Got no chance, Ollie!"

"Aww, sure you do!"

Green Arrow: Why are we fighting?
Green Lantern: You started it :colbert:

Also, all the Titans/ex-Titans calling Deathstroke by his first name made me smile.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

I like one of the Nightwing ones:

"You wanna get Chinese later?"

"Focus, Dick."

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

A+X #8

I didn't really expect this team up to work so well, but it did.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 22, 2013

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Was that a Hulk Hand arrow?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Spaceman Bill posted:

Was that a Hulk Hand arrow?

Yes, yes it was.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cabbit posted:

Come on dude, BA is up there in the Superman level of strength. Dude could eat diamonds for breakfast if he wanted.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SirDan3k posted:

It's fairly obvious he intended to throw Cyborg and the arm just kinda came off in his hand.

His face says "OH poo poo", but his body language says "TADAAAAAA~"

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

"BEHOLD!"

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

"Is… this your hand?!?" [bows to audience]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rhyno posted:

Come on dude, BA is up there in the Superman level of strength. Dude could eat diamonds for breakfast if he wanted.

He's magic as well, isn't he? So Superman should be on the backfoot up against him.

Edit:

I always got a kick out of Superman's surprised,"Bill...?" face after being unexpectedly punched in the face. Source is JLA 29, from the Grant Morrison/Howard Porter run. I can't remember the specific storyline, other than than Captain Marvel goes to the 5th Dimension where he's represented quite cleverly as a flat cutout person as opposed to the residents of that dimension.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 23, 2013

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

He's magic as well, isn't he? So Superman should be on the backfoot up against him.

I'd like to see Superman vs Dr. Strange.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Jerusalem posted:

Edit:

I always got a kick out of Superman's surprised,"Bill...?" face after being unexpectedly punched in the face. Source is the Grant Morrison/Howard Porter run of JLA, I can't remember the specific storyline sorry, other than than Captain Marvel goes to the 5th Dimension where he's represented quite cleverly as a flat cutout person as opposed to the residents of that dimension.

I really love Superman calling him Bill

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Gatts posted:

I'd like to see Superman vs Dr. Strange.

Strange would win, but he'd probably have to use something clever like "By the winds of Ashanti, put this titan to sleep" since the writer wouldn't want Supes to be beaten easily with raw power.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Sif really has a way with machines.

From JIM #652

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Why would an Asgardian need a space suit? :spergin:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

404GoonNotFound posted:

What does a god need with a starship?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

404GoonNotFound posted:

They still need to breathe, and Thor is much tougher than an "ordinary" Asgardian. He doesn't need one for, uh, reasons, but he's about the only Asgardian who doesn't.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

They fought once before but I don't think they made a big deal of Superman's vulnerability to magic. If I recall correctly, Adam actually ends the fight by turning away, because he knows Superman wouldn't punch someone in the back, apparently.

quote:

I always got a kick out of Superman's surprised,"Bill...?" face after being unexpectedly punched in the face. Source is JLA 29, from the Grant Morrison/Howard Porter run. I can't remember the specific storyline, other than than Captain Marvel goes to the 5th Dimension where he's represented quite cleverly as a flat cutout person as opposed to the residents of that dimension.

That's the one with the 5th Dimensional imps and the return of Superboy-Prime the Sentry Triumph. It's a crossover with the JSA that leads into the Robinson/Johns/Goyer series.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Wanderer posted:

They still need to breathe, and Thor is much tougher than an "ordinary" Asgardian. He doesn't need one for, uh, reasons, but he's about the only Asgardian who doesn't.

Because are YOU going to tell Thor he should be suffocating right now? I don't think you would.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SilverSupernova posted:

A+X #8

I didn't really expect this team up to work so well, but it did.

I just saw this over on DrMcNinja! Apparently he was the writer.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Dang, he must've been itching for a chance to write grossly outmatched pirates again.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Wanderer posted:

Sif fought in space with Thor and Beta Ray Bill in the Simonson run. She didnt need one.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

MikeJF posted:

I just saw this over on DrMcNinja! Apparently he was the writer.

Hahaha seriously? I'm loving Posehn on 'Pool, but if there's someone i'd like to be a main Deadpool writer, i'd pick Chris Hastings.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Drakyn posted:

Dang, he must've been itching for a chance to write grossly outmatched pirates again.

Peg faces for everyone!

I really want to go to my shop already to pick this issue up. His Fear Itself tie-in was alright, but DrMcNinja is one of the things I read every time there's an update.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

wiegieman posted:

Sif really has a way with machines.

From JIM #652

You missed the better part! Same issue:

WE DO NOT HAVE AN APPOINTMENT. And I like that Sif has taken the entire stack of magazines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I will be buying that book. The art is wonderful as is the characterization.

• Locked thread