Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s Fallout Boy and yes, it’s awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It's that rare category of remake where it's so bad it makes you realize the original sucked too.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Conditions and general sanity have degraded enough that the space in We Didn't Start The Fire given to lyrics which described the entire boomer lifetime up to that point would now only cover perhaps one year of the noteworthy horrors and curiosities through which we now endure.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SlimGoodbody posted:

Conditions and general sanity have degraded enough that the space in We Didn't Start The Fire given to lyrics which described the entire boomer lifetime up to that point would now only cover perhaps one year of the noteworthy horrors and curiosities through which we now endure.

At least Billy Joel with straight up say it was a cynical attempt to make a pop hit.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Gavok posted:

Frank's an angel with a gun
Venom's costume has a son
Bruce Wayne meets big Bane
Scarlet's the real clone

Peter, you're my best friend
Meet the four new Supermen
Magneto splits Apocalypse
Logan's claws are bone

Gardner has a yellow ring
Metal mask is on the Thing
Justice League is full of dolts
Zemo starts the Thunderbolts

X-Men has a new first
Market is about to burst
Jordan snaps, Parallax
Liefeld art is THE WORST!

We didn't start the fire!

loving slow clap

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SlimGoodbody posted:

twistedmentat posted:

At least Billy Joel with straight up say it was a cynical attempt to make a pop hit.

I was getting my haircut a few weeks ago and in the salon there was a sequel to "We Didn't Start The Fire" playing on the radio.

edit: by Fallout Boy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Didn%27t_Start_the_Fire_(Fall_Out_Boy_song)

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
yep, i asked if i hallucinated it last page and it's the first post on this one

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Davros1 posted:

I was getting my haircut a few weeks ago and in the salon there was a sequel to "We Didn't Start The Fire" playing on the radio.

This "cover" is exactly as bad as you think it is

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The main cast of Superman Legacy has been finalized with Lex and Jimmy Olsen officially announced yesterday and today.

The primary and supporting cast:

David Corenswet - Superman
Rachel Brosnahan - Lois Lane
Nicholas Hoult - Lex Luthor
Skyler Gisondo - Jimmy Olsen
Nathan Fillion - Guy Gardner
Isabela Merced - Hawkgirl
María Gabriela de Faría - The Engineer
Anthony Carrigan - Metamorpho
Edi Gathegi - Mister Terrific
Sara Sampaio - Eve Teschmacher

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1727047973627195448

I'll say this for it: They're really packing it full of characters I like. Not sure that will make for a great movie, but it has my interest,

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
:colbert: Mercy Graves > Miss Teschmacher

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Davros1 posted:

lol the first two words are Captain Planet

e:

quote:

Harry Potter, Twilight, Michael Jackson dies
Nuclear accident, Fukushima, Japan
Crimean Peninsula, Cambridge Analytica
Kim Jong Un, Robert Downey Jr., Iron Man

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Who needs world events when you have pop culture!

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The fact that they completely gave up on chronological order. Bush vs Gore being the only presidential election used because it rhymes with 'more'

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
My wife is not liking supernatural season 5. "Too much conflict and drama." She says

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Gavok posted:

Frank's an angel with a gun
Venom's costume has a son
Bruce Wayne meets big Bane
Scarlet's the real clone

Peter, you're my best friend
Meet the four new Supermen
Magneto splits Apocalypse
Logan's claws are bone

Gardner has a yellow ring
Metal mask is on the Thing
Justice League is full of dolts
Zemo starts the Thunderbolts

X-Men has a new first
Market is about to burst
Jordan snaps, Parallax
Liefeld art is THE WORST!

We didn't start the fire!

this is beautiful, thank you

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Davros1 posted:

This is up there with Falling In Reverse's cover of Papa Roach's Last Resort. When I first heard the song I was laughing my rear end off because I thought if was a parody of those "dramatic" covers you used for movies trailers.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
We agree that Alien Ant Farm's cover of Smooth Criminal is far superior to the original, right?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jamesman posted:

We agree that Alien Ant Farm's cover of Smooth Criminal is far superior to the original, right?

I read that Michael Jackson actually liked it quite a bit.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
i like that better than the original along with the gary jules Mad World and Johnny Cash Hurt. Depending on my mood, I may even like the marylin manson cover of sweet dreams

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Boxofficemojo has the Marvels at 6.4M this weekend for 76M domestic total to date. Terrible numbers. I don't think we are getting the Marvels and Shang Chi and Eternals team up we were all surely anticipating

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Soonmot posted:

i like that better than the original along with the gary jules Mad World and Johnny Cash Hurt. Depending on my mood, I may even like the marylin manson cover of sweet dreams

Agree with all these except Smooth Criminal. The music video was iconic.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The question is now will Aquaman 2 do better than the Marvels or not.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

it loving better not

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Soonmot posted:

Adam Sandler did a cover of "Werewolves of London" and I think I like it better than the original.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Presales for Aquaman 2 are worse than The Marvels.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
are we counting stuff like post modern jukebox, because there's a ton they've done that I like better. BUT WHen covers are your whole thing, I feel it shouldn't count.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
didnt aquaman 1 clean up internationally

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So did Captain Marvel.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
So did basically every comic movie until covid

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just remembered how DC put out that trailer about all the movies coming out that year then like a week later delayed everything.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

kilus aof posted:

Presales for Aquaman 2 are worse than The Marvels.

A big part of that is probably the big brain decision to open it on Christmas weekend …

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Cael posted:

A big part of that is probably the big brain decision to open it on Christmas weekend …

It worked for Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle and Aquaman 1.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

To Jumanji's credit it's trailer looked like if the movie was bad it was at least going to be the fun kind of bad. It was a pleasant surprise that it turned out to be good.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The rumors about Michael Waldron (Loki showrunner and Multiverse of Madness writer) taking over writing a unified script for Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars have been confirmed and announced.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/avengers-the-kang-dynasty-michael-waldron-1235606691/

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1729249142000726346

The other part of the rumors were that Sam Raimi is the top choice to direct both movies as well and they are bringing him and Waldron back together because of their work on Multiverse of Madness.

Raimi has not been officially confirmed as the director, but he is in talks and is apparently the top choice.

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2023/11/25/a8bdr0v2a0wqsdr0wbjgfukkgvoj0a

Kind of surprised that they are pivoting to a unified director/writer for both movies and that they didn't just do that from the start. That the whole deal with the Russos and the Infinity War/Endgame writing team.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 28, 2023

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
This is pretty exciting, I thought the Multiverse of Madness script was pretty considering the conditions it was made in (hastily rewritten every day) and rewatching Loki S1 and Heels S1, that guy has a great grip on characters!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MoM and Loki (s1, haven't seen s2 yet) were my favourite parts of Phase 4 so this sounds good!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Yannick_B posted:

This is pretty exciting, I thought the Multiverse of Madness script was pretty considering the conditions it was made in (hastily rewritten every day) and rewatching Loki S1 and Heels S1, that guy has a great grip on characters!

I've not seen Heels, but it looks interesting. Waldron has a relatively short resume, but all of his stuff is pretty solid. He is apparently in good with Kevin Feige because he was put in charge of Loki, both Avengers movies, and was recently announced as the head writer for "Untitled Star Wars/Kevin Feige Project." Prior to Loki, his main credits were writing two of the early seasons of Rick and Morty and Heels.

Two Sam Raimi Avengers movies sounds pretty fun too. I'm actually not sure how a Raimi Avengers series will turn out, but I'm sure it will not be bland. Raimi and Waldron made Multiverse of Madness pretty interesting and have its own flavor, while still keeping the comic bookiness of Doctor Strange.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Raimi is a great choice to right the ship.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Give Raimi a budget of 5,000 dollars and have it all taken place in a cabin and I'll be there opening day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if raimi is doing it i'm gonna expect more secret wars 2 than secret wars 2016