Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
So this just happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRywYlGz9gA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
That's funny I just got fail bloonioned as well. I don't have a replay for you though sorry.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

McSpankWich posted:

That's funny I just got fail bloonioned as well. I don't have a replay for you though sorry.

Then it didn't happen, scrub.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"

Booties posted:

spergs has 9 open spots. gotta know how to attack though or you won't last very long.

By "know how to attack," we mean just attacking at all during a war. Unused war attacks are annoying as poo poo when losing.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Jaysus posted:

By "know how to attack," we mean just attacking at all during a war. Unused war attacks are annoying as poo poo when losing.

Basically the same rule for WeBe. Just use your attacks and we'll give you what advice you need.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Is this the original game and Castle Clash is the spinoff? Or is it the other way around? Which game is better?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

This game is the original I believe. Either way it's more well balanced. Castle Clash is heavy on the importance of the hero units, and the only way to reliably get good ones us to pay, or be insanely lucky. You do get to keep troops that don't die after battles though, so that's pretty cool

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Castle clash is just another in a long line of cash-in clones that plague mobile gaming.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
I don't know why I like this game. I loving hate games like this, yet I'm addicted. I've tried like 30 different ones, and this is the only good one.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!
Should exterior buildings (camps, barracks, collectors, etc) abut walls to keep in range of defenses or maximize the troop exclusion zone?

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Keep in range. Unless you're using a centralized clan castle and are trying to make the pull as janky as possible, the goal of your exterior buildings is to get the units that don't discriminate their targets to circle around the base getting shot instead of killing anything worthwhile.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Just started TH9 :woop: :woop:

Gonna barch till 7 days left, pop a shield and ride out on collectors till shield pops and upgrade/build a fuckload right off the bat (lab, AQ which is instant, xbow x2, and clan castle).

Can't wait for lvl 6 giants

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Soulex posted:

Gonna barch till 7 days left, pop a shield and ride out on collectors till shield pops and upgrade/build a fuckload right off the bat (lab, AQ which is instant, xbow x2, and clan castle).

The xbows are awesome and the AQ is sex. I have eight days until giants.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I can't wait. I know it's gonna hurt and. I'll be here for a year, but it's gonna be worth it. Been at TH8 since December or something. Just took my time with it.

Now that I know how to Barch, it's never been so easy to get the poo poo I need

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!
TH8 shouldn't really take more than 3 months or so with 4 builders, closer to 70 days with 5.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

There were many weeks where all I would do would be get collectors and then shut it off for another 8+ hours

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

TH8 shouldn't really take more than 3 months or so with 4 builders, closer to 70 days with 5.

I don't think it's even possible to do TH8 in 70 days even with 5 builders going constantly.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

edit: Just kidding I'm an idiot

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

Prefect Six posted:

I don't think it's even possible to do TH8 in 70 days even with 5 builders going constantly.

Just checked and it's 70.8 exactly if you're on the ball, but yeah, just working off collectors for a while will definitely slow you down.

http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Cumulative_Costs

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Currently four spots left in Goon Tang Clan. We are currently having a run of successful wars, thanks to generous dragon donations. In our current one we're beating our opponents soundly, despite them having used a third again more attacks than we have. Join for victory, stay for the incomprehensible drunken rants.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Should exterior buildings (camps, barracks, collectors, etc) abut walls to keep in range of defenses or maximize the troop exclusion zone?

You want to do both - it is important that if a dragon swarm destroys an outbuilding that it finds the next outbuilding closer than your inner core of defense buildings. This is why you will see some designs leave a space or two of buffer bwtween the outbuildings and the wall.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Soulex posted:

Just started my TH9 upgrade as well. Not sure how you're planning on having (or have) 40K DE, I get stomped for 1k each attack once I'm above 20k.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

ImsaKidd posted:

Just started my TH9 upgrade as well. Not sure how you're planning on having (or have) 40K DE, I get stomped for 1k each attack once I'm above 20k.

Get to 1800+ trophies while you have 15k DE. Then boost your spell factory and lightning the poo poo out of people until you hit 40k DE. Never go offline until you hit your goal.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

ImsaKidd posted:

Grind. Never drop your shield unless you have enough time to make at least 2k de. Boost your barracks. It's a grind but it's so so so worth it.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
I have never had trouble getting DE with just plain old bees at 1600-1800. I only raid specifically for the DE if they have like 900+ and the only thing that will deter me is inferno towers, which are pretty uncommon at that trophy range. Just bring wallbreakers and maybe drop 1 heal/rage if it's particularly nasty.

And yeah, don't break your shield unless you're going to be able to get a decent amount of DE (or preferably more than you stand to lose)

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Get a job on Taskrabbit and gem it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
What's the best farm groups for TH6? Not been having that much luck with WB+gobbies.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
god drat i wish i could direct WBs. I can never get them to go into the base. They always want to open up poo poo on the outside first.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Nalesh posted:

What's the best farm groups for TH6? Not been having that much luck with WB+gobbies.
Fast n' cheap: something like 6-10 wbs, ~60 barbs, ~78 archers. Look up "TH6 barch" on youtube for basic instructions.
Giants+Healers is also popular around your TH level, you can look up that one too for something with a bit more longevity in getting deep to centralized storages.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Aethernet posted:

Currently four spots left in Goon Tang Clan. We are currently having a run of successful wars, thanks to generous dragon donations. In our current one we're beating our opponents soundly, despite them having used a third again more attacks than we have. Join for victory, stay for the incomprehensible drunken rants.

Can I send an app? I have no idea how wars work but I like donating those :pranke: dragons that just poo poo all over attacks

nikochansan
Feb 11, 2014
Can one create an effective butthole at TH6 or do I need to wait until I'm at TH7?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

nikochansan posted:

Can one create an effective butthole at TH6 or do I need to wait until I'm at TH7?

Don't buttholes need teslrear end to work?

nikochansan
Feb 11, 2014

Nalesh posted:

Don't buttholes need teslrear end to work?

Fair enough

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

padijun posted:

Can I send an app? I have no idea how wars work but I like donating those :pranke: dragons that just poo poo all over attacks

Just apply if you fancy it, include an SA reference and if there are spots free you'll be accepted.

We like dragon donators :)

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

nikochansan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=trolling+th6 this should link you to four videos by Clash with Cam (the first four results for me) in which he shows you how to troll at TH6. Just takes some good base design and some high level CC troops (if you share replays of you rape apeing dudes no one will have a problem donating troops - just request "anal bum cover for night watch")

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Booties posted:

god drat i wish i could direct WBs. I can never get them to go into the base. They always want to open up poo poo on the outside first.

Send giants or barbs in first. With the recent patch WBs will attack the wall segment your other troops are attacking. Clear the buildings outside the walls with barbs and archers first if you aren't using giants.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Nalesh posted:

1. Nothing but bees. This is how I farmed up most of my resources at TH6. You have to learn to hit next a lot. Try to shoot for 75k of each resource or if you are more in need of one look for about 100k of that resource. You are looking for guys that place collectors outside their walls. Collector raiding will probably be an overal net loss in trophies. You can attack about 3-4 times an hour with this army. Trust me, it rocks. This is the website I stole it from: TH6 Farming Guide I pretty much followed everything in the guide and it was quite nice.

2. Healer+giant: Comp I stole from supercell forums that I like a lot. Requires fully upgraded camps: 10 giants, 2 healers, 31 archers, 31 gobs, 5 wall breakers. The all bees strategy is quite frankly boring as hell, even if it is hella effective. Heals/giants is a lot more fun and will help you with maintaining your trophies while you farm. Post I stole it from: Healer+Giant guide

3. Standard barch as described above. I've been using this more now that I've done all my TH6 upgrades and my town hall is almost done but honestly I still think all barbs is more effective overall at this TH level.

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

Ceros_X posted:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=trolling+th6 this should link you to four videos by Clash with Cam (the first four results for me) in which he shows you how to troll at TH6. Just takes some good base design and some high level CC troops (if you share replays of you rape apeing dudes no one will have a problem donating troops - just request "anal bum cover for night watch")

I have TH6. Gimme muh maxed dragon!

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Any more goon clans got a spot? My wife needs a clan that can donate hey poo poo. That her gently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Deep Winter posted:

Any more goon clans got a spot? My wife needs a clan that can donate hey poo poo. That her gently.

I will gladly that her gently.