Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Black August posted:

I like this one a lot but really wish they had stuck the landing a little better.
That's pretty much scp.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2357
I like this one

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Anyone know of SCPs concerning anomalous prescription medicine? There have to be at least a couple.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Oh wow, that one is incredible. You all should go read it now. I kinda want to print it out and frame it....

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
If we're still pimping articles, my most popular ones are SCP-112 (which, holy poo poo, is almost at 300 upvotes), SCP-440, and SCP-684. My story Learning poo poo is well received, and if the community wasn't so scared of ~Mary Sues~ I'd do more with Character-Bibs than I do.

e: Not highly rated, but I'm extremely fond of my story Triumph.

e2: vvv I think you have me confused with someone else. I've never choked on a hot dog. Food impaction as a result of an immune disorder, sure, but never choked.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 02:03 on Oct 11, 2016

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

MisterBibs posted:

If we're still pimping articles, my most popular ones are SCP-112 (which, holy poo poo, is almost at 300 upvotes), SCP-440, and SCP-684. My story Learning poo poo is well received, and if the community wasn't so scared of ~Mary Sues~ I'd do more with Character-Bibs than I do.

It's hard to be a Mary Sue when you're choking on a hot dog.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Keep pimping your articles. I've got a couple short story drafts I'd like to work SCPs into. Your work could be famous in the context of an unfinished Google doc rife with continuity errors that no one will ever read.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

If you haven't read this one yet, you should!

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

MisterBibs posted:

e: Not highly rated, but I'm extremely fond of my story Triumph.

e2: vvv I think you have me confused with someone else. I've never choked on a hot dog. Food impaction as a result of an immune disorder, sure, but never choked.

these are hilarious, keep em coming

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I found this joke one, which I enjoyed greatly.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I think I said this in a previous incarnation of this thread; the best -Js are a double source of entertainment: the joke(s) of the article itself, and the comments which kvetch about it not being funny, or not liking -Js in general, or anything else in that area.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I love that this has a total garbage graph, especially since it implies Researcher Boyd gets exactly four calzones' worth of salary.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

MisterBibs posted:

I think I said this in a previous incarnation of this thread; the best -Js are a double source of entertainment: the joke(s) of the article itself, and the comments which kvetch about it not being funny, or not liking -Js in general, or anything else in that area.

In that case, read this one. It's got both!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Antivehicular posted:

I love that this has a total garbage graph, especially since it implies Researcher Boyd gets exactly four calzones' worth of salary.
I spent way too long trying to make sense of that graph.

I'm linking http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1659 for reasons. Please do not ask what they are.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

In that case, read this one. It's got both!

I love that the discussion for that could be swapped with the interview log and no one would notice.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Splicer posted:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2357
I like this one. I didnt like how this post ended, so I added my own bit 2 the end.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Please do not create additional posting surrounding my post, edit the original post, or create any derivatives of my post.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Antivehicular posted:

Disposable income, not salary. He's just barely squeaking by.

Tony Doughnuts
Aug 12, 2016

There are, in fact, still motherfuckers who gotta ice skate up hill

Splicer posted:

Please do not create additional posting surrounding my post, edit the original post, or create any derivatives of my post. I'm very sensitive

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Strudel Man posted:

Disposable income, not salary. He's just barely squeaking by.

I don't know, the 50 and "calzones" seem to show that he's just talking about how much he spends on calzones in a certain time period. I think all we can really conclude from the chart is that he spends exactly one-quarter of his disposable income on calzones. Could just be a lot of calzones, he seems to like them.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/24-Brentwood-Dr-Avon-CT-06001/59011376_zpid/ this feels thread-appropriate

on looking at the builder's page, the plot thickens (check out the "about" and "architecture and poetry" sections :stare:)

Tollymain has a new favorite as of 17:41 on Oct 12, 2016

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Parahexavoctal posted:

Two completely different takes on "Mister Headless". Which one do you prefer, and why?

http://www.scp-wiki.net/1-mr-headless
or
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2287 ?

#2 because I'd like to think it's a reality where Jeffrey Dahmer succeeded in his life goals.

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 20:15 on Oct 12, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Where's the deck?-Fly

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

VROOM VROOM posted:

I don't know, the 50 and "calzones" seem to show that he's just talking about how much he spends on calzones in a certain time period. I think all we can really conclude from the chart is that he spends exactly one-quarter of his disposable income on calzones. Could just be a lot of calzones, he seems to like them.
Could be. Maybe monthly disposable income? Five to ten calzones for $50?

Tony Doughnuts
Aug 12, 2016

There are, in fact, still motherfuckers who gotta ice skate up hill

Quite possibly the ugliest house in existence I've ever seen plus I think that guy is certifiably insane

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

The awful house is explained as an art project.

Unfortunately, I've read the documents on the art project and they're utterly batshit too. It was all Ivy League students and engineers.

...it was totally in my SCP junk folder, too.

Pixelante has a new favorite as of 02:07 on Oct 13, 2016

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1876

In the SCP universe toothbrush + misspelling = magic

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
http://www.amusingplanet.com/2015/11/bolton-strid-stream-that-swallows-people.html

Yeah, "caverns and tunnels" :rolleyes:

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Not SCP but this feels like the right thread for it: nana825763 is a treasure.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

HMS Boromir posted:

I have a feeling that video is going to haunt me for a long while, good post

Alvarez IV
Aug 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Which SCP is the guy who is incapable of being perceived in any way other than how the person perceiving him wants him to be? I remember it had an interview log where he was pleasant and giving normal answers and the interviewer gets a headache halfway through, and then they did something to reveal that the actual text of the interview was the subject going "Nothing I do matters, watch this" and slapping the interviewer, giving him the headache, only he didn't perceive it as a slap. Sorry if I can't remember more of it or explain it more clearly.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

1504, Joe Schmo: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1504

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Splicer posted:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1876

In the SCP universe toothbrush + misspelling = magic
Here I assumed it was going to be the world's best tothbrush.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Strudel Man posted:

Here I assumed it was going to be the world's best tothbrush.
Exactly. Two misspelled magical toothbrushes can't just be a coincidence

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

HMS Boromir posted:

I love her stuff so much. I've watched about a minute, but my nerves are shot to hell right now. Spoil me hard, and just tell me if there's any sort of jumpscare or sudden sounds at any point.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2784

I'm sad now.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Try not to tie yourself in knots about it.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

Black August posted:

I love her stuff so much. I've watched about a minute, but my nerves are shot to hell right now. Spoil me hard, and just tell me if there's any sort of jumpscare or sudden sounds at any point.

Nope, no jump scares or loud noises - just unsettling imagery!

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Rockin Orthodontist posted:

Try not to tie yourself in knots about it.

ayyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I saw they're making a TV show out of the Candle Cove creepypasta, so I was thinking what SCP would be ripe for adaption. I'd hope it would be something more interesting than Best Lizard Ever or Littlegirl everyone wants to kill.