Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
There's one good thing about the MK fatalities, the videos on how they make the sounds is neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Ewm4GD3Qc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYS0rPYjW28

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Bugblatter posted:

Fast X is going to be followed by Fast X-2 next year. Just like Final Fantasy. I think that makes it an RPG from Japan?

its gonna be fast XX and then Fast XXX with the reveal that dom is/was/will be... xander cage

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bought a PS4 copy of Spiderman now the PS5 version isn't locked to a special edition and was pleasantly surprised to see the PS5 upgrade fee was only £5.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

its gonna be fast XX and then Fast XXX with the reveal that dom is/was/will be... xander cage

been sayin this

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

lordfrikk posted:

I bought MK11after it was praised a lot, and it was a decent game but also overlaid with a ton of bullshit like premium currency and seems like the next will be the same, so I think I'm going to skip it. I can't be bothered to play anything with that poo poo anymore.

I've been playing midnight suns and while there's nothing I'd actually want to buy I think it's pretty dumb that a single player game has premium currency for half of everyones' outfits.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I miss when they were just unlockables or you could get a cheat code out of a magazine or whatever.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

History Comes Inside! posted:

I miss when they were just unlockables or you could get a cheat code out of a magazine or whatever.

Yeah. Ghost of Tsushima Legends had all of its cosmetic stuff locked behind in game challenges and earning them was fun.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In defense of MK 11 the premium currency poo poo is pretty much just for rotating items that you can unlock via the krypt or towers anyway. It’s just there if an item you want rotates in and you have enough on hand to snag it up.

Or you could spend real money if you really need to lol

Not defending the practice but it’s pretty ignorable in MK 11. Like I said nearly everything can be acquired by just playing the game and that’s half the appeal of stuff like doing the towers of time.

Personally I dug all the customization and unlockables. Added a lot to the beefy single player content.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I played all the dumb rotating towers for more Kitana masks and I'd do it again!!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

I played all the dumb rotating towers for more Kitana masks and I'd do it again!!

Getting maskless Skarlet was a power moment

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Oh, that is another one that I hope comes back

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

man nurse posted:

Getting maskless Skarlet was a power moment

I always played as Skarlet with the weird SWAT style mask so going maskless always felt off to me. :v:

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Amazon italy accentently leaked kombat pack 1

Kombat Pack 1, which includes: 6 playable characters (Quan Chi, Omni Man, Ermac, Peacemaker, Takeda, Homelander), 5 kameo characters (Tremor, Johnny Cage , Khameleon, Mavado, Ferra) and Skin of Jean Claude Van Damme

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Kombat Pack 1, which includes: 6 playable characters (Quan Chi, Omni Man, Ermac, Peacemaker, Takeda, Homelander), 5 kameo characters (Tremor, Johnny Cage , Khameleon, Mavado, Ferra) and Skin of Jean Claude Van Damme

I am extremely confident that the only reason both omni-man and homelander are in it is because of that incredibly violent fan cartoon on YouTube

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Boys character, Homelander?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Aipsh posted:

I am extremely confident that the only reason both omni-man and homelander are in it is because of that incredibly violent fan cartoon on YouTube

Is omni man the simmons character from Invincible?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I don't understand how you're playing other games, I haven't played anything but zelda since last Friday. My gaming PC died last week and I set up a fancy new one on Monday and I haven't even bothered playing anything on it yet. Humanity? Looks cool but if I sit down on the couch I doubt I can make myself pick up the DualSense instead of the Pro Controller.

And I don't even LIKE zelda that much

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve been playing Zelda in bursts but right now I’m deeply embedded into FF4 again.

Just got to the giant of babel and even being over levelled as gently caress after my whoopsy with the bomb farming I got a game over to a mech dragon because it just kept spamming flame every couple of seconds while I was trying to select my party actions lol.

Cool first try at ATB I’m sure glad they made it better after this!

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Phenotype posted:

I don't understand how you're playing other games, I haven't played anything but zelda since last Friday. My gaming PC died last week and I set up a fancy new one on Monday and I haven't even bothered playing anything on it yet. Humanity? Looks cool but if I sit down on the couch I doubt I can make myself pick up the DualSense instead of the Pro Controller.

Instead of playing Zelda last night I played Namco’s ps2 flop Urban Reign

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Phenotype posted:

I don't even own a nintendo op

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

fridge corn posted:

I don't even own a nintendo op

That’s a mistake

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

man nurse posted:

That’s a mistake

Been doing just fine thanks

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:wrong:

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Never played a ratchet and clank game before, but I'm ready to jump into the rift

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Phenotype posted:

I'd love to say that Humanity is my backup chill puzzle game...but that's what my shrine backlog is for

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

man nurse posted:

In defense of MK 11 the premium currency poo poo is pretty much just for rotating items that you can unlock via the krypt or towers anyway. It’s just there if an item you want rotates in and you have enough on hand to snag it up.

Or you could spend real money if you really need to lol

Not defending the practice but it’s pretty ignorable in MK 11. Like I said nearly everything can be acquired by just playing the game and that’s half the appeal of stuff like doing the towers of time.

Personally I dug all the customization and unlockables. Added a lot to the beefy single player content.

the “rotating” part is where it gets really obnoxious. Getting frustrated by a bullshit challenge and want to just do something else right now and come back later? Too bad, it disappears at the end of the week.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phenotype posted:

I hated BotW so it's extremely easy tbh

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

fridge corn posted:

Been doing just fine thanks

:same:

I don't like their hardware and don't even feel like playing their games anymore. I'm fine with playing SNES/N64/GC stuff on my Series S.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I don’t get Jonny Cage having a JCVD skin. What am I missing here?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rolo posted:

It's just a fun pop culture mashup? JCVD was mostly famous for doing action/kung fu movies so he'd belong in a fighting game

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Johnny Cage was based on JCVD, which is where his cocky movie star thing comes from

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah I don't play MK but it seems fairly self-explanatory

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Rolo posted:

They both have JC in the name so next up is a Jesus Christ skin. Then Johnny Cash.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Peacemaker better be modeled after/voiced by John Cena or no buy :colbert:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Spalec posted:

Peacemaker better be modeled after/voiced by John Cena or no buy :colbert:

It is *extremely* *very* likely that he will be. MK's whole thing is pulling from pop culture as a whole and not just comic books. They got Keith David to voice Spawn again last game (he did the voice in the HBO cartoon) and they had 90s MK movie skins for characters (voices too iirc?)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Forgot to say but veeg is streaming Super Mario Sunshine now

https://clips.twitch.tv/BashfulSuccessfulHornetNinjaGrumpy-R8jAGOwKRurMLJUK

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

WB owns DC so theres a good chance it will be Cena.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Last clip has already been topped https://clips.twitch.tv/CoweringAstuteSandstormMcaT-2wABZAt4swik0DI3

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Phenotype posted:

I'm playing Horizon :blastu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Rolo posted:

the very first MK started out as a JCVD action fighting game (i think it was actually bloodsport the game) and they sent to van damme and he was like "no gently caress this poo poo" so they retooled it into the original mk and johnny cage is the left over from that old version (all they changed was his name too lol). and mk12 being called MK1, i guess they thought it was a fun throw back. (also i think people wanted jcvd to play cage in the new movie and also wanted him in mk11. i know i did.)

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 19, 2023