Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

drat my giant post got buried at the bottom of a page

Pictured: John Kerry getting owned by Vlad the Impaler

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Spaceman Future! posted:

the only joke more trodden than "zoux old" is "boy are my arms tired"

technically, the most trodden joke is MIGF

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Luigi Thirty posted:

God the 1990s ruled

I love the 1990s and I love their personification, WCW

I was feeling sick and depressive and wondering how anyone in the world deals with existential dread and then I read your post and somehow started feeling much much better

So yeah thanks for that

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Popular Thug Drink posted:

technically, the most trodden joke is MIGF
it's something awful

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

He can afford a better briefcase. John Kerry is giving the international community the impression we're all just a bunch of schlemiels.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Al Jazeera America Will Not Recognize Union: NLRB Elections Underway

lol

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

Goochland, Virginia. Lol.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

reddit is super angry about the nightly show lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

a good point, comrade corbyn

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

hes right, lol

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
nuclear weapons didn't do david cameron much good when he hosed a dead pig

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

sudo rm -rf posted:

reddit is super angry about the nightly show lol

reddit mad about black people you say

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Berke Negri posted:

companions no longer use gear, they scale off your level and gain bonuses from affection now so dressing them up is just cosmetic, plus every companion can now be set to either tank/heal/dps role so you can utilize whoever you want depending on your build. big part is you only have to spend money on outfitting yourself and not your whole team

the current 12x exp boost for doing class missions is going away but they're replacing it so basically do the main storyline on each planet and the class mission and you get the same result. all the other missions on the planet are for flavor/additional rewards outside of leveling so you can either just blow through the storyline or take your time talking to everyone

normal flashpoints all have a solo mode now so you can just take your companion in with you and roll through them for the story instead of having to find a group of other players

so basically just cementing the change towards KOTOR3 with multiplayer elements

wait is the companion stat thing completely retroactive

the solo mode flashpoints sound awesome tbh

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

It's great that Hillary has much common sense when it comes to the content of emails that could be potentially embarassing if leaked/depositioned/etc. as the Goldman Sachs traders that went "Welp, time to sell poo poo LOL."

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

ThirdPartyView posted:

It's great that Hillary has much common sense when it comes to the content of emails that could be potentially embarassing if leaked/depositioned/etc. as the Goldman Sachs traders that went "Welp, time to sell poo poo LOL."
Not defending it or anything, it's chickenshit either way, but this is just before the tipping point in gay marriage opinion iirc.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

pangstrom posted:

Not defending it or anything, it's chickenshit either way, but this is just before the tipping point in gay marriage opinion iirc.

And she made it clear she just didn't want to waste time arguing about words in front of a republican congress.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

the_paradigm_shift posted:

And she made it clear she just didn't want to waste time arguing about words in front of a republican congress.

No. She also made it clear that she disagreed with the decision to use gender neutral terms. She could merely live with those srxual minorities using other terms to refer to themselves. Default terms should still be the traditional ones.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Randler posted:

No. She also made it clear that she disagreed with the decision to use gender neutral terms. She could merely live with those srxual minorities using other terms to refer to themselves. Default terms should still be the traditional ones.

Er, yeah I guess I read it differently nonetheless politician continues to use weasel words isnt that big. Anyways I missed this thing about the FBI having an interest in some of the emails? Is that more stupid poo poo or what?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Don't people use phones anymore?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

PupsOfWar posted:

isn't the poconos where white people go to get married
Is it? I dunno. I just thought it a choice because it is kinda mountainy and wouldnt take too long to drive there. What do you all have against my people?

Luigi Thirty posted:

gatlinburg is the worst but my parents took us there every year for a a decade for some reason and it's jesus central, despite us not being jesus at all

we ate in this pizza buffet place with an arcade and 20 minutes into the meal this 400 pound husband and wife start playing acoustic gospel music in the middle of the dining room

it was the weirdest/creepiest thing i've ever seen

there's jesus dinner theaters and jesus gardens and jesus movies and jesus everything

the only thing i liked about it was the little amusement park on top of a mountain that had an arcade full of meticulously-maintained pinball machines and 80s arcade games (because the place was stuck in 1988)
First memory, my dad, brother and I went to check in to a cabin and the front office was decked out in Jesus pictures.

There was one of Jesus shaking the hands of some businessmen with the idea that Jesus told them that they should open a cabin rental dealie.

It was weird.

Wonder what Reza Aslan would think of that

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I also do not care about Mars. Sending people there is dumb.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Luigi Thirty posted:

God the 1990s ruled

I love the 1990s and I love their personification, WCW

pretend i linked that dvdvr thread of big dave quotes about wcw

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Can't fight a class war with nuclear arms

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

ZenVulgarity posted:

I read this as nuclear anime

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

ZenVulgarity posted:

Mostly because no one will let us.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I read this as nuclear anime

Why bring warcrimes into it?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

you can't make jam with nuclear (p)reserves

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Quote #1

"Nobody has any idea why they brought a live tiger from the zoo to accompany Steiner to the ring on Nitro. Backstage, when he was trying to get a photo with the tiger, the tiger nearly took a chuck out of Rey Mysterio's eye" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: October 10, 2000.

Quote #2

"DDP came out wearing an expensive shirt and doing gestures exactly like The Rock, talking about Flair liking to spank it, whack it and jack it" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: September 1, 1999.

Quote #3

"Madusa came out in a bikini. The implants looked ridiculous but this is a business of excess. She came out with Nitro cologne. It was the weirdest thing as Heenan was getting over just how horrible smelling the cologne is. It is a WCW product and they were pushing how bad it smelled. Madusa started screaming it was bull**** and threw the cologne on Heenan, who reacted like it smelled like cow manure. In fact, they actually used the word manure to describe the smell of the cologne. This was weird to say the least" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: November 1, 1999.

Quote #4

"Scott Hall had problems on the first plane going to Germany, where he apparently got sick and was harrassing Terry Taylor the entire weekend in Germany. He got into a fight with sometime girlfriend Emily Sherman (neice of Turner exec Brad Siegel) including a cake throwing incident. In the dressing room, he made a threat that he was going to do something to Taylor in the ring. This led to a roughly 35 to 40 minute delay in the building before Thunder started with this mess being sorted out. Dave Penzer was trying to kill time telling jokes which only made things worse because the crowd was killing him. The reaction was largely negative, but they weren't throwing things at him and it never threatened to become violent" - Wrestling Observer Newsletter: February 28, 1999.

Quote #5:

"WCW.com ran a contest involving Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. I'm actually not sure what the contest was for. Anyway, we got numerous reports from people who said that if you vote for Flair, the total number for Hogan automatically increases by five." - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: Februaru 28, 1999.

Quote #6

"Dustin Runnels was at Starrcade, being called by management to return. Runnels is reportedly being paid $750,000 per year but the company isn't using him. When he got there, the company told him they had no plans for him, and he went back home." - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: December 25, 2000.

Quote #7

"Oklahoma then threw BBQ sauce in Madusa's eyes to set up Madusa vs. Oklahama in a feud over the cruiserweight title" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 10, 2000.

Quote #8

"Bagwell and Kanyon, who at this point had turned on eachother twice, where scheduled to face Flair and Crowbar. Bigelow attacked Kanyon, suplexing him on the entrance ramp and threw him off the stage through a table. This bump was far more dangerous than similar WWF bumps where they have all these pads set up covered in a blanket around the table when they go off the ramp, but the stunt was nill as the cameras missed the shot" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 10, 2000

Quote #9

"It wasn't Bret Hart driving the monster truck nor was Sid in the car that was being run over, although both were the original plan. Hart was told what part of the car to drive over and where Sid would be in the car so as to not drive over him. Hart refused saying he wasn't an experienced stunt driver. There was no problem with his decision and he was apologized to for being asked" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 10, 2000.

Quote #10

"If you thought Starrcade was bad in English, it was worse in German. The German crew was in Washington DC live. The regular commentators were joined by comedian Tom Gerhardt, who was popular in Germany ten years ago because he used to go on stage dressed as a giant penis and pretend to ejaculate on the audience. He was doing heel commentary to get himself over, calling Disco Inferno gay, talking about Madusa having nice tits, and stood when Benoit made the open challenge to anyone and challenged him. This was all done to build a match where Gerhardt will wrestle Berlyn in Oberhausan, Germany on the WCW house show. German wrestler Ulf Hermann, upon hearing this news, issued a grandstand challenge." - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 10, 2000.

Quote #11

"Kevin Nash missed the weekend house shows where he was scheduled to headline against Vicious claiming a concussion suffered allegedly when he was hit with the rubber crowbar by Arn Anderson" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 17, 2000

Quote #12

"Throughout the show, they (the NWO) were torturing Bret Hart. Nash was torturing Hart and in the background you could hear the director wrapping up the scene. The final scene saw Hart coming out with a pipe while covered in makeup to make it appear he'd been beaten up on. It was the same makeup they used for Arn Anderson, totally exposing that angle. Hart challenged the NWO guys to come out. Nash & Jarrett came out with bats. Then it got really silly. Hart was in a stand-off with Nash and Jarrett forever because Funk & Anderson arrived so late. Apparently live it was obvious Hart & Nash were having a hard time not laughing because the timing was so screwed up. Funk came out with a flaming branding iron and Anderson with a bucket of water. Anderson threw the bucket of water on Hart, with the idea that the makeup would run. The makeup didn't run, but the announcers had to sell that it did." - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 24, 2000.

Quote #13:

"Kevin Nash then came out with a black girl, I guess to show that he is cool." - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Quote #14

"The Match (Kevin Nash vs. Sid) was in slow motion. Jarrett came in, but Sid got the guitar from him, clocked Nash with it and then laid on his back. The announcers were talking about how Sid was outsmarting everyone by pretending he was the one who got hit with the guitar. There were peices of the broken guitar surrounding Nash's body, including in his hair and a big peice on his chest, while there was no debris anywhere close to Sid" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 31, 2000.

Quote #15

"The only ratings question of the week was whether or not WCW Nitro would beat the Westminster Dog Show on the USA Network on 2/14. The answer was no" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: February 21, 2000.

Quote #16

"There was zero heat for Vicious vs. Jarrett. Earlier in the show Nash announced it as non-title. Jarrett demanded WCW overrule Nash and make it a title match. WCW announced it was a U.S. Title match. That made perfect sense, since the world champion should be challenging for the US belt. Jarrett hit Sid with a guitar shot which busted his head open hardway. Vicious said he got a concussion from the guitar shot. After the show, Vicious confronted Mark Madden and yelled at him. Madden made a remark about the three-way and said that Vicious may be the "monkey in the middle", which of course is a kids game. Vicious was told by someone that Madden called him a monkey and he was very upset about it. Madden tried to explain what he actually said but Sid, I guess with his head busted upon and groggy from the possible concussion and jetlagged from Germany, wasn't interested in hearing." - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: February 21, 2000.

Quote #17

"In Philadelphia, apparently the hydraulics didn't work and The Demon was stuck in his coffin for about three minutes before they could get him out" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: February 21, 2000.

Quote #18

"A Tv Series starring Duggan called 'Biker's Court' was attempting to be sold for syndication at the NATPE convention last week. It was a worked cross between Judge Judy and Jerry Springer, with bikers as the jurors, a silicon implanted baliff and Duggan carrying his 2X4 as the judge. A typical episode is a midget smoker who is suing the tobacco companies claiming smoking stunted his growth and asking for compensation for a multimillion dollar NBA career that he didn't have" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: February 21, 2000.

Quote #19

"Big T defeated Booker T in a match for (the rights to) the letter 'T'. This was ungodly bad. Actually the former Ahmed Johnson in his now pregnant state actually 'carried' Booker T to maybe the worst match of his career. The lights went out, seemingly forever, teasing that Midnight was coming, with her music. Of course, she's not even in the company anymore." - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: February 28, 2000.

Quote #20

"The crowd didn't care about this program and the stretcher aspect of the match was preposterous. Daffney did a hurricanrana and her blue wig flew off in the process. At one point they put David (Flair) on a stretcher and he was halfway to the back. He got off the stretcher, totally revived, and didn't sell it like he'd even been beaten. Finally they taped David to the stretcher and had to sell that David couldn't get off with this athletic tape that wasn't even holding. The bell rang for no reason. Crowbar got carried off in a stretcher with that ridiculous tape. The funny thing is that the stretchers had restrainers that could have locked the guys in that would have at least looked better than that silly athletic tape. Then they put Daffney in a wheelchair and taped her up. Her being taped was the silliest of the three in that the tape didn't hold but she still had to sell it." - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: February 28, 2000.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Gravel Gravy posted:

Why bring warcrimes into it?
Double war crime.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i like to read that first one and imagine nobody at wcw thought that up, steiner just went to the zoo and borrowed a tiger

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I have a doctor's appointment at 8AM. Why did I schedule it so early?

Hindsight...:negative:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I have a doctor's appointment at 8AM. Why did I schedule it so early?

Hindsight...:negative:

Same

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i have to be at work in two hours

i strongly doubt i will be there in three

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Judge dredd is a British comic right?

It could not have been made in the us under the Comics Code?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

euphronius posted:

Judge dredd is a British comic right?

It could not have been made in the us under the Comics Code?

yes and hand tilt

the code wasn't an actual censor board, it was a way for the big publishers at the time to shut down EC's horror and crime comics because they were overtaking superhero books, after that it slowly lost power until you get to the gov't asking marvel to do an issue of spider-man about drugs, the code refusing to put the seal on it, and stan lee essentially going "gently caress the police" and doing it anyway. issue sold gangbusters and was the last nail in the coffin.

i could see dredd getting by being perceived as a dead serious cop book

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
They should do another Dredd movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
basically if you asked me to make a list of early 2000AD strips that wouldn't pass the code, dredd would not be the first name on that list

• Locked thread