Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

The Thunder and Slaughterhouse Nine are forming 'I have no Defence but I must Scream'

that should probably be "and I must scream."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.
TKBomber: Want to form a tag-team?

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

Forzelt posted:

TKBomber: Want to form a tag-team?

Sounds like a plan to me. Best part is you'll get to use Buddy Myer.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Cruddy Myer

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Sub-Par League IV, Week 0

You guys know the drill. 48 hours to complain about your ratings and lineups!

Team Lineups

Analysis

The Scientists return mostly the same team as last season, when they won their division but were too scared to join the Super-League. The biggest difference is exchanging Ted Williams for Stan Musial, which should be an upgrade on defense if not on offense. They've also chosen to use the DH this year, which has historically been the less competitive Sub-Par League, although the batter they are adding to the lineup is Max Carey - not exactly a feared hitter. Still, they should be division contenders again this season.

Analysis

There are definitely some players to like on this team, and there's a lot of upside in the top halves of the rotation and lineup. The key will be getting the rest of the team to perform. As we saw last season with the Coldplayers, sometimes guys who you don't expect will get hot, and they can carry a team until they have a chance to acquire more talent. With guys like Old Ozzie Smith and Matt Williams at the bottom of the lineup, the Aurochs will likely need some of that luck. Or one of their stars could go Super Saiyan, that would work too.

Analysis

Good old Dragonflies. They won a pennant in the first Sub-Par League, then learned why that means nothing when it comes to the Super-League. Those rolls on Sale and Koufax look pretty good, and you have to think they'll be quickly moved up in the rotation if anyone else falters. Plus, it might be good to have some more flyball-oriented pitchers, with Riggs and Chipper starting in the infield. Although I think you probably want Raines in center field, and not Frank Robinson. I understand the Dragonflies need as much hitting as they can get, but that seems like it could go wrong very quickly.

Analysis

The machinations of FairGame have always been a mystery to me. Once again, this team has had a lot of offseason turnover, and yet I don't know whether it's improved or not. I like the addition of Alex Rod, but with Foxx attempting to play catcher, he becomes probably the second best player on the team behind Collins. Not exactly an enviable position. FairGame seems to be going for a strategy of contact hitting this year, a trend which has worked well for a few teams lately, so I could see them competing with the Scientists despite the... deficiencies... on the pitching side.

Analysis

As I recall, this team was real bad when initially constructed. The trade for All The Draft Picks was just what The Goog needed to add some much needed depth to his roster, as he had been relying on a lot of marginal guys. Mantle's roll looks especially promising, and if he performs as well as he did for the Fat Hippos, it could be a better season than people expect. As for the pitching, a high-strikeout rotation seems to be the way to go, with the defense The Goog is sending out there. But Drysdale hasn't been that good lately, and Ryan is surely more likely to be good than Jon Lester.

Analysis

You can't help but like the Dinos. They're always the underdog, due to their refusal to use any players who are better than "pretty good". And also Bubbles. The pitching staff looks fairly solid, but the youth of Ward and Bender might work against them this season. If the Dinos are the best team in their division, then it's probably safe to say the division is up for grabs.

Analysis

You know what they say, in for a Schilling, in for a pounding. This team will probably live or die on Schilling, but the addition of a prime Ted Williams, and a Musiold that looks like he could be a legitimate help, has to be an upgrade for an offense that struggled throughout their time in the Super-League. This is still the same team that won the first Sub-Par League, but that was mostly due to the work of Madison Bumgarner, and with him in the bullpen it's going to be tough for him to deliver enough heroics to lead them back up top.

Analysis

Jobbers are great. Love those Jobbers. The pitching is obviously going to be fantastic, the question is whether that lineup can back them up. Given that this is the Sub-Par League, most teams are going to be flawed in some way, so it's not too surprising to see those holes in the lineup. Brett, Vaughan, and Berra are great, but they all play defensive-minded positions. And in the positions that demand more slugging, the Jobbers look to be fairly mediocre. But like I said, they probably won't need to score all that many runs.

Analysis

I've observed that AnAnonymousIdiot never brings any extra pitchers to his team. Which means if one goes down to an injury, something fairly likely among pitchers, he'll have no replacment. Oh well! The Petes are obviously great, but apart from Orosco, the rest of the staff seems to be mostly made up of generic guys, which is a bit of a concern for me. Even the best pitchers don't win 100% of their games, so they'll need a good amount of wins to come from those other 3 pitchers and I don't know how capable they are of delivering that. The offense has some good potential, but I'm really feeling wary of giving Killebrew the starting 3B job. With the Petes on the mound, you'll want to have good defense, which is the opposite of what Killer gives you.

Analysis

Everyone's pick to steamroll the Sub-Par League. To be fair, they do look good, but they're nowhere near perfect. Especially since they were not particularly close to chasing down the Southpaws last season. The pitching is great, sure. But ground ball pitchers also give up a lot of singles, and singles demand that you turn double plays, and Riggs cannot turn the double play. And the offense is good, but still not a powerhouse. Certainly there's a lot to like here, but they're not perfect by any means, and the other teams in the Kennel From Hell are all capable of winning it.

Analysis

People were quick to crown Al Spalding as King of the Deadballers after his debut last season. I'm still skeptical of small sample size. For one thing, he had Ross Barnes playing defense behind him, and unearned runs don't count toward your ERA+. And there were a LOT of unearned runs. Spalding is still probably the best pitcher on this roster, but mostly because the rest of it isn't all that special. I'm pretty positive on this offense though. Lots of hitting from the defensive positions, even if part of that is stretching Killebrew to third base, and the others are no slouch either with Pujols, Jackson, and Ott. Safe to say, the Generics are going to need to pour on the runs if they want to get to the Super-League this year.

Analysis

Salem Witches, grand survivors of the Gauntlet! Sadly, it's still questionable whether they can come up with a division win this year. Their nemeses in the Nortons are still here, and the Witches didn't exactly have an active offseason with their owner off doing dumb poo poo like getting married. So it's still going to be an uphill battle, but those rolls on the middle of the lineup provide some hope for this season. Like most of the team, it's feast or famine. A few really great players, and the rest aren't nearly as good, but who knows? This league rarely goes the way you expect it to. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Witches come out on top.

Analysis

The Nortons were well on their way to winning promotion last season, when Shoeless Joe was unexpectedly banned from baseball, while batting near .400. Obviously, this had a deleterious effect on the team, and they ended up missing out on that promotion spot by just a couple of games - a small enough margin that you have to think Jackson's presence could have made up the difference. Well, he's back this season, and ready to take his revenge on the league that forgot him. I'm not ready to crown the Nortons just yet, though. They don't have remotely as scary a rotation as the Jobbers, and they don't have the pluck and gumption of the Witches. The Monster's Ball division is just going to come down to the whims of Mogul. That's the way it is.

Analysis

kensei's betting it all on Roy Hobbs! Not that the rest of the team is all that terrible, but they do have Mike Hampton as the #2 starter for whatever reason, and that could easily spell disaster early. It's definitely an offensive-minded team, with Lajoie, Hobbs, and Posada not exactly world-beaters in the field, and an iffy rotation. If Hobbs hits a bunch of dingers, he could carry them a long way. But with that old bullet wound still causing problems, how much can you really count on him?

Analysis

Murph Murph Murph Murph. I love Harvey Haddix, by the way. But I have to draw the line at Charlie Wagner. He walked more batters than he struck out in his career - by, like, a large margin. And it wasn't because he was unhittable, either. Get him out of there before it's too late! Lots to like about this batting lineup, though. You'll note I said "batting lineup", because a lot of these players are disasters in the field. But an abundance of pop isn't the worst way to build a team. And if they can swing a Babe Ruth out of the Super-Draft? Opposing pitchers better look out.

Analysis

To be honest, I don't know who Doc White is. His stats look fairly good, though. So if he's good, I'm optimistic about this pitching staff. Especially with the defense the Direwolves are fielding. Graig Nettles might not be a great hitter, but he should have won a lot more than two gold gloves. The Direwolves will probably need to upgrade that offense in the Super-Draft, but if they do, they could have a dangerous combination of hitting and pitching. And don't forget, they're in what has historically been the weakest division in the Sub-Par League, so they might just win it by 10 games for no apparent reason!

Standings

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Minor changes:

New rotation order:

SP 1: Tiant
SP 2: Tiant (either one works)
SP 3: Fritz Peterson
SP 4: Mel Stottlemeyer
SP 5: Kid Nichols

And in the bullpen we'll mix it up a bit:

CL: Ron Reed
SU: Gene Garber
SR: Steve Bedrosian
SR: Terry Forster
MR: Paul Assenmacher
LR: Dazzy Vance

This means Donnie Moore go to the minors, and Assenmacher moving up.

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 29, 2015

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Okay hold on a minute. Where did this "1969 Ron Guidry" come from? Guidry wasn't even drafted until 1971.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Let's shuffle that Rotation a bit

Joss
Chesbro
Sabathia
Burnett
Hampton

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Ice To Meet You posted:

Okay hold on a minute. Where did this "1969 Ron Guidry" come from? Guidry wasn't even drafted until 1971.

Did we already have this problem? I must have forgotten to fix it. I'll edit my post accordingly and banish him forever from my team.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Ice To Meet You posted:

This is still the same team that won the first Sub-Par League, but that was mostly due to the work of Madison Bumgarner, and with him in the bullpen it's going to be tough for him to deliver enough heroics to lead them back up top.

Yeah, but Bumgarner delivered those heroics from Sub-Par I from the bullpen, so clearly putting him back there is putting him in his natural habitat. Well, I have a few changes to be made...

Notes from Headmaster Monokuma's Desk:

: Attention, students! This is an important announcement from Headmaster Monokuma!

Now, I know you're all very excited to see our new baseball team in action, and you've all got your roster sheets ready, but there have been some last-minute changes before the season starts, so get your pencils out!

- Under further review, Rick Monday's fielding skills have been found lacking for a primarily defensive replacement player. This is entirely due to his sub-par athleticism, and not at all related to him getting caught attempting to cut in line at the cafeteria and losing an arm as punishment. Billy Williams moves to the bench and Rick Monday is demoted to the minors.

- The biology department has requested some extra room to grow plants, and suggested expanding the baseball stadium in order to have more grass to grow things on during the offseason. As such, the physical education department has been called upon to expand the stadium. The new dimensions for the Despair Dome are as follows: 340-380-420-430-400 (every part expanded by 10 feet).

- I would like to remind students that causing grievous injuries to each other and even murdering each other is not only allowed, but encouraged at Hope's Peak Academy. I would also like to remind the biology department that the Despair Dome's playing surface is made of artificial turf, not grass, so you're not going to be growing anything there. Understandably, the physical education department is a bit cross about the unnecessary work. I suggest double-checking your dormitory doors, you never know what might happen...

- As you know, we are experimenting in a revolutionary baseball strategy involving cloning the same pitcher several times, and using them to keep the opponent guessing with every new game. However, it has been pointed out that due to there being a personal catcher order for the fourth pitcher in the rotation, teams could eventually notice a pattern, and we can't have that. The personal catcher order for the SP4 is rescinded - Buster Posey will start full-time.

That will be all - see you next week, and play ball!

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

Eww, that's a bad Kevin Youkilis roll. Not sure if it's simply due to an injury-prone label or what, but I'll just call up Rafael Palmeiro, send down Youkilis to be safe.

Even with that great Koufax roll, I'm scared of putting him into my rotation for now after he started last season [in the Super League] with the same roll, but ended up with an ERA above 6.

No other changes for now.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Swap Red Faber with Red Donahue in rotation (Faber LR, Donahue becomes #5). Thanks.

Also, still looking for a tag team partner!

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!
McFreeze, I'm super busy today, but I can get you an updated header by tomorrow evening.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Hey fuckers! Thank Pander for these tweaks, he kept insisting that I sucked in all his simulations.

Roster moves:
Big Klu, Bobby Grich and Tommy Davis to the minors! Buddy Bell, Bing Miller and BILL BUCKNER called up!

Adjust the Gravity Generator thusly:

HR: 25
BA: 400
2B: 25
3B: 25
K: 400
DP: 400
E: 25

Lineups:

Lineup vs R, DH:

SS Joe Sewell
C Lombardi
DH Williams
CF Furillo
LF Tobin
RF Rice
1B Buckner
2B Fox
3B McManus

Lineup vs R, no DH:
Rice to bench, Tobin to RF, Williams to LF

Lineup vs L, DH:

2B McManus
C Lombardi
DH Williams
CF Furillo
RF Jacobson
LF Miller
1B Buckner
3B Bell
SS Sewell

no DH:
Bench Buckner, Williams to 1B

Bench:
Battey
Fox/Bell Platoon
Rice/Jacobson Platoon
Stephens
Tobin/Miller Platoon

Slider Changes:

Hit and Run to +5
Extra Bases to +5
Stealing Bases to -5
Cutoff Throws to -5

edit: This is an untested, highly experimental configuration! Let's see if it explodes!

edit edit: One more change I missed. Craig Lefferts to the minors, Scott Williamson called up to SR.

mrnoun fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Apr 29, 2015

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Huh. I forgot to roster Torii Hunter, and instead I rostered Dave Winfield.

Winfield to minors, Tip O'Neill called up.

I'll give Grantham a couple of weeks to see if that roll belies his ability to hit. Otherwise Tip is gonna get the DH duties on my contact-heavy team.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Ice To Meet You posted:

Riggs cannot turn the double play

Are you saying I should platoon Ken Oberkfell with Riggs?

Fine, I will take your advice. Please platoon Ken Oberkfell at 2B with Riggs to start the year!

DannoMack fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 29, 2015

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Super-League XVI, Week One Injury Report

Akabira Confessors
Bryan Harvey (RP) (The Light of God shines not on this man!) - 115 days
Dave Magadan (3B) (There is only one Mega-dan, and he is our Lord!) - 12 days

Dorchester Phantoms
Dan Brouthers (1B) (Sometimes, dead is better) - 15 days

Florida Oranges
Roger Clemens (SP) (PERJURY!) - 10 days

Somali Pirates
Kris Bryant (3B) (Nothing can stop the Pirates) - 7 days

Pick 'em: The New Sensation!

Cruiserweight Championship
Mitchell Kernels @ Slaughterhouse Nine (c)

Hardcore and Television Championships
Krakow Dragons (c) @ South Bolton Eazy W's

Grand Slam Championships
Romney Outsourcing Kings @ Somali Pirates (c)

:siren:Free Bonus Content! But it's not about baseball, so feel free to just scroll on down!:siren:

Introduction

I had some free time this offseason, and the thing of it is, I don't dislike writing. If I did, I'd have never made it in the Super-League this long. But writing the same thing time after time, yeah, I need a decent break after every season.

In the past, I've written about some bad comics. But bad comics are easy to mock. A bad comic is like a bad B-Movie. It's not good, and most people would agree that it's not good, but, in the end, who really cares, it does no larger harm. The comics I want to talk about are failures on a profound level. They aren't Manos: Hands of Fate, they're Heaven's Gate. (Heaven's Gate, for those who don't know, was Michael Cimino's follow to The Deer Hunter, and cost so much money, and was such a flop that it helped kill the "New Hollywood" era of film-making, and submarined United Artists as an independent studio, and helped usher in an age where studios would take more control of movies from directors.)

As I've stated before, my favorite comic as a kid was Legion of Super-Heroes, just because it seemed like a normal super-hero comic taken to the extremes. A normal comic would have a handful of heroes, the Legion had about two dozen on their main roster. A normal comic had the heroes trying to protect a city. The Legion had an army of heroes trying to protect the universe...in the future...with both super-science and super-magic. It was boss.

The problem was, I can't say that, for most of its publication history, it was really a good comic book. It turns out that when you have 25 main characters, not to mention loads of supporting characters and recurring villains and the like, things get unwieldy, fast. Any fight scene is going to look hellishly crowded with that many bodies, and it's loving hard to develop 25 characters at once.

Still, the central conceit was cool, and the book lasted for that reason. The first Legion appearance was in 1958, and it was being published basically continuously until a couple of years ago when it finally ran out of gas.

In the late '70s, a guy named Paul Levitz took over the comic, and, for the first time in its history, the comic had a guy who seemed to have an intuitive grasp of how the hell to handle that many characters. His thought process is that, for the vast majority of issues, you'd run a bunch of stories concurrently, so that, essentially, you'd be able to divide the team into more manageable chunks. Plus, you'd be able to start or end one of those stories just about every issue, creating a certain amount of forward momentum. Even if nothing was really happening, it felt like things were happening. And from time to time, there would be huge events that would draw in the entirety of the Legion, using the numbers of the Legion to lend those stories the proper amount of gravity. After all, the Legion didn't need to send in its full strength against any generic super-villain, so when they called in all 25 members, you knew that things were serious.

That's not to say that the comic was perfect. Levitz, likely seeing how much money Marvel was making at the time, brought in a lot of the soap opera type elements that Marvel was famous for at the time into the comic. Relationship dramas, love triangles, and so on. And while that's fine in theory, the problem is that when the morality of your characters range from "essentially a very good person at heart" to "paragon of virtue", it's hard to give any of those stories bite.

But still, it was a pretty good comic. In 1989, however, after writing the comic (with a short interregnum) for over a decade, Paul Levitz, who was also a high-up on the business side of DC Comics at the time, decided that it was time to move on.

Picking the guy to take over the comic wasn't actually all that hard. Keith Giffen had penciled most of the best Legion stories during Levitz' runs, and had recently established himself a good writer as well, having been part of the creative team behind the successful relaunch of the Justice League among other things.

Thing is, though, Keith Giffen's preference was to not actually handle all of the writing himself, virtually always delegating the dialogue of stories to co-writers.

The Tragic Result of Keith Giffen Writing Dialogue

So, to handle the dialogue duties and, I Would guess, give him someone to work with that had an encyclopedic knowledge of the Legion of Super-Heroes' history, he got Tom and Mary Bierbaum, a husband and wife team best known for their work in Legion fandom to that point, as co-writers.

Since Paul Levitz had been writing the Legion for so long, it was decided that whatever the new era of the Legion would be, it needed to be a clean break from what had come before, to prevent coming off as a pale imitation. To that end, it was decided that the current Legion comic would end with the final Levitz-penned issue, and then restart a few months later, with a new #1 Comic, which would also likely boost sales. (Technically speaking, and sadly, that's a phrase that is going to need to be used a truly crushing number of times in the weeks to come, the new comic would be the fourth volume of Legion of Super-Heroes. The first volume was a miniseries in the late '70s. The second was actually a re-titling of the old Superboy comic that the Legion had taken over and which dated back to the late '40s. The third volume was a special "deluxe format" comic, started in 1984, that was only to be sold at comic book shops, which were just coming into prominence in the mid-80s, taking over from newstands as the primary place to buy comics.)

Moreover, while Giffen had been experimenting with a strict nine-panel per page format in the final issues of the previous volume of Legion of Super-Heroes (where he had been serving, once more, as penciler in Levitz's final issues), as writer, he would be able to more fully take advantage of the format that, theoretically, allowed a creative team to pack more plot into the same number of pages. (Watchmen, the only comic most of you will admit to reading, used the same format.)

And the setting would shift too. Between the last Levitz issue and the first Giffen/Bierbaum issue, the timeline would advance five years, leaving the Legion and the characters in a much different place than they had been. The idea was that the full extent of what had happened during the five-year gap would only slowly be revealed, and most often through indirect reference or off-hand comment by the characters. Whereas the Levitz Legion had been beloved heroes with the full confidence of the people behind them, after the five-year gap, the Legion would have been disbanded in disgrace, and its former members scattered throughout the cosmos with wildly varying fortunes.

In theory, the new comic had a ton of potential.

In practice, it was the Heaven's Gate of comic books. Good in theory, utterly ruinous in practice.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I thought the "Smasher talks about comics with some fantasy fantasy baseball stats on the side" interlude we had a while back was pretty interesting, so I'm excited to see where this goes. Things you love changing hands and suddenly becoming a massive failure make for some of the more interesting stories to hear.

Pick 'Em: Champs retain.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
That was pretty interesting, I look forward to hearing more.

Pickem: Champs retain.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Grand Slam Championships

I feel like I missed out on a lot since there are tons of comics I've never even heard of. Then I see reviews of those comics and I feel like I'm better off for having missed them. On the other hand, were I the one writing bonus content I'd probably just talk about how good a show EXO-Squad was during the 90s and that also ended poorly.

:siren:Anyways, Pick 'Em! I'll do the scoring again this year. For those who aren't familiar with regular season Pick 'Em:

Every other day with the injury report, Smasher will post several series--you pick one of the two teams to have a title at the end of their series.

In order to win a title from a team that has one, that team has to sweep them. Thus, if the Slaughterhouse Nine drops 2 of 3 to the Kernels, they still retain their championship even though they lost the series. They'd need to lose 3 of 3. So it's more difficult to win a championship than it is to retain one. Scoring is weighted to reflect that fact: correctly picking a challenger to win a title nets 3 points whereas correctly picking a champion to retain their title is only worth 1 point.

At the end of the season, the regular season pick 'em (what this is) will be added to your totals for the pre-season pick 'em (where you picked who was gonna win various divisions and wildcard berths) as well as the Tag Team Pick 'Em (where all the dudes who correctly picked Beet & McFreeze and/or Doomsday jump massively ahead from the pack). If you have the most points at the end of all of this, you either:

1.) Get a sandwich pick between rounds 1 and 2 of the next dispersal draft, OR
2.) If you're a Subpar Team and about to brave the Gauntlet, you get a free pass to the final round of the Gauntlet.

Please BOLD your picks so that I can see it pretty easily, as TheMcD did. I'll post updates every so often on the standings.

Space Fish Pick 'Em: Champs Retain

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Slaughterhouse Nine (c)

Krakow Dragons (c)

Grand Slam Championships
The Mitt Romney Traveling All-Stars and Outsourcing Kings

NEVER BET AGAINST ROMBO!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 29, 2015

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Pick them: All champs retain.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Super-League XVI, Week One Injury Report

Dorchester Phantoms
Dan Brouthers (1B) (Sometimes, dead is better) - 15 days
Dorchestor shouldn't have Dan Brouthers anymore, he traded him to me for a DD pick.

Grand Slam Championships

omg that comic looks hideous.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Mitchell Kernels

Krakow Dragons (c)

Grand Slam Championships
Somali Pirates (c)

I wholeheartedly enjoy comic digressions. I never got into DC comics much, but its nice reading summaries of their weird digressions (I would argue DC is much more comfortable going to strange places and doing strange things than Marvel)

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Pick Em

Romneys win, rest retain.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
PICK EM

ALL CHAMPS RETAIN

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Pick'em

Kernels sweep and the rest retains.

The Big Tebowski
Jan 24, 2015
Pick 'em: Champs Retain

Also, I was very pleased to see Wakka appear on my roster (even if it's probably a renamed Michael Wacha) — it wouldn't be the Aurochs without him.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

The Big Tebowski posted:

Pick 'em: Champs Retain

Also, I was very pleased to see Wakka appear on my roster (even if it's probably a renamed Michael Wacha) — it wouldn't be the Aurochs without him.

I can't believe he passed up the chance to make Tidus Worrell.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Smasher I really enjoy the comic write ups. :)

Space Fish Pick 'Em: Champs lose!!!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Slaughterhouse Nine (c)

South Bolton Eazy W's

Grand Slam Championships
Somali Pirates (c)

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:
Pick 'em:

All champs retain.

I've never been into comics, so it's interesting to read something I've never seen in my entire life. Looking forward to more.

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.
Pick'em: Champs retain.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Champs retain

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Champs retain

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Slaughterhouse Nine (c)

South Bolton Eazy W's

Grand Slam Championships
Somali Pirates (c)

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Champs retain.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

gingemidget posted:

McFreeze, I'm super busy today, but I can get you an updated header by tomorrow evening.

Actually, I lied, here you go.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

gingemidget posted:

Actually, I lied, here you go.

This is far more competent than we deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

Pander posted:

Dorchestor shouldn't have Dan Brouthers anymore, he traded him to me for a DD pick.

Yeah, I just looked over my roster post to make sure I didn't make a mistake when posting it and I didn't see Brouthers there.

Grand Slam Championships