Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

Well just found a few more.

Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! - D8Z*I-6659W-HQ5** *=M
Galak-z - KKEZ8-JDFB2-X*FZL *=T
Warhammer: Endtimes - Vermintide - LCQEV-8Z2G5-5E7Q* *=3
Space Hulk Ascension - *9TCR-3V565-D2EMD *=8

Gotta start a txt file with these stored away. Easier to keep up on it then.

Thanks for Space Hulk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

corn in the bible posted:

You're right, neonazis are the only option

I mean that doesn't really touch whether Codex in particular was a good venue :shrug: ideally imo he would have done it here instead

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

MMF Freeway posted:

I liked PoE1 as well (one man's "boring" is another's "understated") but PoE2 is big step up in quality across the board.
"Understated" is probably the most ironic term I would use to describe why I found PoE1 boring.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

UnhealthyJoe posted:

Looking for some recommendations.

I really enjoyed Shovel Knight, Stardew Valley, Broforce, South Park (Stick of Truth and Fractured but Whole) and Torchlight 1+2.

I didn't care for Pillars of Eternity, Civ 5, or Volgarr the Viking.

I can afford something up to $20 - $30.

Mention of platformers makes me lean towards Hollow Knight for you.

I also have a pretty convenient list of some of my favorite games if that helps.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

UnhealthyJoe posted:

I really enjoyed Shovel Knight, Stardew Valley, Broforce, South Park (Stick of Truth and Fractured but Whole) and Torchlight 1+2.

Copy Kitty, Hollow Knight, Titan Quest?

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
muchas gracias for no time to explain

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I'm playing poe for the first time and while I'm in the first town going through the dungeon 7 hours in, I'm having a good time figuring out combat. It's weird having so many spell options while having so few casts per rests, but I like having all of the options.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

If only they made more games in that engine that weren't either bad Cold War 'espionage' or Werewolf Vampire magic Russian nonsense.

From a few pages back, but I would like to know more about the game in the Silent Storm engine that is about magic Russian Vampire Werewolves.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

From a few pages back, but I would like to know more about the game in the Silent Storm engine that is about magic Russian Vampire Werewolves.

You wouldn't. It's called Night Watch. It isn't as interesting as that summary would have you believe.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008

Delusibeta posted:

I even updated that part of the OP a couple of days ago since there's been a bunch of people in this thread complaining about IdleMaster breaking for them.

Shows how many people read the OP :v:

I read the original post.. years ago.. this is a long rear end thread. but thanks for the info none the less.

UnhealthyJoe
Aug 9, 2012

Awesome! posted:

these are some pretty wildly different genres.

if you like arpgs try path of exile. its free.

Played it a few years ago, enjoyed it.

Too Shy Guy posted:

Mention of platformers makes me lean towards Hollow Knight for you.

I also have a pretty convenient list of some of my favorite games if that helps.

I'll take a look at your list.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Copy Kitty, Hollow Knight, Titan Quest?

Played Titan Quest a ton back in the day. Really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the recommendations.... One that was popping up through steam was Terraria?

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

You wouldn't. It's called Night Watch. It isn't as interesting as that summary would have you believe.

the books are good though

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

UnhealthyJoe posted:

Thanks for the recommendations.... One that was popping up through steam was Terraria?

Terraria's good and weird. Like a 2D combat-focused Minecraft.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

UnhealthyJoe posted:

Played it a few years ago, enjoyed it.

I'll take a look at your list.

Played Titan Quest a ton back in the day. Really enjoyed it.

Grim Dawn, which is an ARPG that's very much the successor to Titan Quest (and made by TQ devs), seems like a good recommendation in that direction then.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Just wanted to drop in and say Orcs Must Die 2 holds up. For $2 you're getting probably the best tower defense game out there

Definitely wish Dungeon Warfare 2 would hurry the heck up

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

UnhealthyJoe posted:

Hollow Knight Hollow Knight Hollow Knight

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

WarpDogs posted:

Definitely wish Dungeon Warfare 2 would hurry the heck up
OMD2 is pretty good but imo not as tight of a single-player experience as OMD1, but it has co-op so that immediately doubles its rank if you have someone to play with. Dungeon Warfare is the king of TDs, but OMD is king of the the action-game with some TD genre

but gently caress yeah buddy. its my most stoked-for game of 2018.

well, Crosscode and final release of Dead Cells is up there but i played them in EA, just waiting for final to not burned out

Xaris fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 10, 2018

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

UnhealthyJoe posted:

Terraria is a steal for such a low price, and goes on sale I think almost every big sale steam does. I've sunk so much time into it and it's still being worked on so there's always a lot to do.

You can easily play it on your own but it's a blast with other players. I can't recommend it enough.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SirSamVimes posted:

Hollow Knight Hollow Knight Hollow Knight

this should just be the steam title

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

Well just found a few more.

Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! - D8Z*I-6659W-HQ5** *=M

Thanks for some delicious potatoes!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Grapplejack posted:

My issue with poe2 is that it's 45 gigs. Like, what the gently caress

Yeah what the hell, why so small?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I have already accepted that my desire for higher resolution gaming means 100GB games.

40% of that being audio. :v:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

buglord posted:

My god this is such eye candy.

It also has ridiculously pretty environments

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Remember when the FEAR 1 trilogy being 17 gigs was a big deal.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Jamfrost posted:

I have already accepted that my desire for higher resolution gaming means 100GB games.

40% of that being audio. :v:

man, I'm an indie dev making a 2D pixel game and of my 17mb installer 15.8mb is audio

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Funnily enough, IIRC the size of the first Baldur's Gate was very remarkable at the time as well.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

My Quantum Fireball 400 Mb ;__;

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I remember when people would freak out that with games at around 600-700 Mb you could only really have two or three contemporary games installed a time.

I remember juggling everything in my HD so I could manage to install Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Internet Explorer posted:

My Quantum Fireball 400 Mb ;__;

I think that was the first hard drive I ever bought!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I remember my dad saying that he was going to clear 400MB of space from the PC during the weekend and it blew my mind that we could have so much stuff inside it

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I used an entire stack of CD-RW as my external hard drive before I heard about externals. Not like I could afford the size I wanted.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
I've been getting an itch for a very specific type of game, but I'm not sure if such a game even exists. I'm looking for something with a heavy emphasis on exploration, but on the chill side. It doesn't have to be non-combative, but I'd rather something that's slower paced, or even turn-based. I've seen some interesting tales come out of Caves of Qud, but I'm not looking for something that difficult. ABZU scratched this itch for a little bit, but replaying it doesn't really work for me. I've been suggested Subnautica, but I'd like some more suggestions.

StrixNebulosa posted:

No Man's Sky.

I've been suggested this, and it seems like it might work, but not for $65.

Inco fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 11, 2018

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Inco posted:

I've been getting an itch for a very specific type of game, but I'm not sure if such a game even exists. I'm looking for something with a heavy emphasis on exploration, but on the chill side. It doesn't have to be non-combative, but I'd rather something that's slower paced, or even turn-based. I've seen some interesting tales come out of Caves of Qud, but I'm not looking for something that difficult. ABZU scratched this itch for a little bit, but replaying it doesn't really work for me. I've been suggested Subnautica, but I'd like some more suggestions.

No Man's Sky.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Maybe Sunless Sea or House of Many Doors? Sunless Sea is so slow paced there are mods to speed it up, and they're both mainly about exploring and discovering cool things and stories.

a_good_username
Mar 13, 2018
Whoever recommended Freeman TY - it is maybe an not good game and is definitely, definitely unfinished, but also I can't seem to stop playing it. Mount and Blade + ARMA + everything is not done yet at all is a very accurate description. I guess what it's most making me realize is that I really, really want Bannerlord ASAP.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Inco posted:

Noctis
Meadow
My Time In Portia
80 days
Knytt Underground (Most Nifflas games as well)
Fract OSC
Full Bore
Jazz Punk
Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Infra
The Wild Eternal
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

fez_machine posted:

Noctis
Meadow
My Time In Portia
80 days
Knytt Underground (Most Nifflas games as well)
Fract OSC
Full Bore
Jazz Punk
Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Infra
The Wild Eternal
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

I second Full Bore. It's got a serious exploration vibe going for it.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Inco posted:

Subnautica is indeed very good for that. I'm also a big fan of the exploration in the Souls games, although they might not qualify as chill. I also liked exploring Legend of Grimrock 2 a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I just fired up Consortium and... is there like a mod to stop all the static that constantly fills my screen?