Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

HM: The Young Bucks vs. The Dark Order - AEW Dynamite, August 12, 2020.

Super fun sprint, odd finish that didn’t 100% peak for me, but worth a watch completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

blast0rama posted:

HM: The Young Bucks vs. The Dark Order - AEW Dynamite, August 12, 2020.

Super fun sprint, odd finish that didn’t 100% peak for me, but worth a watch completely.

Nth

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Jerusalem posted:

HM: The Young Bucks vs. The Dark Order (Uno & Grayson): AEW Dynamite 8/12

What a great, exciting opener to kick off the show, both sides were tremendous.

It was really good, nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

nth me daddy

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. I'd prob go MOTY if the creepy boys had won.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags just to be nice.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 13, 2020

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Scorpio Sky vs. Cody (c), AEW Television, Dynamite 8/12

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Scorpio Sky vs. Cody (c), AEW Television, Dynamite 8/12

Yeah, would’ve been a MOTYC if Sky won.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags to be nice

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 13, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Chris Jericho - AEW Dynamite 8/12

Ending got a little funky but goddamn I enjoyed this, and OC is a loving star.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

NTH

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

HM: Young Bucks vs. Dark Order, AEW Dynamite 8/12

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

nth

too fat for the mousetrap, RIP

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

chris jericho sabotaged orange's big win by getting covid and laying an egg

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't like the phrase "laid an egg" meaning something bad. Eggs are good, and very important..

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Seconded

I'll also nominate Cody vs Scorpio for HM, and my internet was atrocious during the opener (this is a YouTube TV reference, not the files emote) so I'll have to rewatch that before seconding

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: The Young Bucks vs. The Dark Order, AEW Dynamite, 12/08
HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Chris Jericho, AEW Dynamite, 12/08

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
10th August
Pro Wrestling NOAH The Chronicle Volume 3
GHC Heavyweight & GHC National titles
Go Shiozaki (c) vs Kenoh (c)

So this was some loving match. It felt epic. I really strongly recommend that in the next 7 days you go on to Abema & watch this while it's free because you won't regret it. Just watch it now, before you hear anything about it. About 120k were watching on Abema live which rules.

If you really need to know anything more than that, Go Shiozaki is NOAH trueborn, debuting in 2005. He won the GHC HW title for the first time in 2009, 1 day after Misawa died. He's now on his 4th reign. He does big meaty chops & lariats (he was a Kobashi disciple & teamed with him many times), has a beautiful moonsault press. He's also one half of my favourite current tag team, AXIZ, with Katsuhiko Nakajima. Kenoh is the outsider with a chip on his shoulder the size of Jupiter, he was trained by Jinsei Shinzaki (remember Hakushi from WWF? Him) in Michinoku Pro, but has been a regular for NOAH since 2014. He's only held the HW title once, & only won the National title last week from Katsuhiko Nakajima. Kenoh is an angry, smug prick who heads a stable of smug pricks, Kongo. He's always looking to fight everyone, once he was fighting NOAH's owners LIDET, then when they sold up he started attacking CyberAgent & Sanshiro Takagi (& appeared on DDT's Peter Pan in a 6 man tag against Takagi). The GHC HW title is the one held by the NOAH greats & goes back to 2001, the National title was just created last year & Kenoh is the third man to hold the title.

forkboy84 posted:

Before this gets lost among a see of AEW nominations, just posting a link for this: https://abema.tv/channels/fighting-sports/slots/Dd3gtJdQtXgqMZ

Main event starts at about 3:03:30 with entrances & all. Strongly recommend this. Having watched back I'm pretty confident saying this is my MOTY so far.

I watched only this match (the main of the show) so far. Definitely nth

One vote away from being on the official MOTY list, if you have some time on your hands please give this one a watch. The show's still free on Abema for a couple more days

I'm gonna go back and watch the rest of the show now, might end up nominating more things. Hoping Muto had a good match against Kiyomiya, and I'm surprisingly interested in the IPW Jr title match

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I'm here for that final push

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
10th August

Definitely nth, this was a war and I loved every second.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'll also HM Daisuke Harada (C) vs HAYATA for the IPWUK Junior title from that show (8/10 NOAH The Chronicle Vol 3). A bit sloppy near the end but I thought the rest was pretty good, good enough I'd still recommend the match as worth watching. Didn't feel like a one-match show in terms of quality

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Both from Gatoh Move ChocoProLIVE! #40 8/13/2020

HM: Yuna Mizumori vs Asuka

And, ah, gently caress it

MOTYC: Emi ”OC” Sakura vs Hanako Nakamori

Emi Sakura might be Mom, The Wrestler, she might have the worst music in pro wrestling and her promotion might be the smallest and silliest out there. All of that might sometimes make you forget that she is also an incredibly good wrestler with unique and even hard-hitting offense. That was on full display here. As much of a full-blown war as it gets in the small and weird confines of Ichigaya Chocolate Square. I’d never seen Nakamori before but she also ruled. Awesome kicks.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
PRO Wrestling NOAH Departure 2020 Night 1
GHC National Championship
Katsuhiko Nakajima (c) vs Kenoh

Nth. I'm an instant fan of Kenoh.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
10th August

Finally got around to this and yes agreed. Those were some meaty kicks

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

extradite THIS! posted:

Emi Sakura might be Mom, The Wrestler, she might have the worst music in pro wrestling and her promotion might be the smallest and silliest out there. All of that might sometimes make you forget that she is also an incredibly good wrestler with unique and even hard-hitting offense. That was on full display here. As much of a full-blown war as it gets in the small and weird confines of Ichigaya Chocolate Square. I’d never seen Nakamori before but she also ruled. Awesome kicks.

Nthing both of those. The Yunamon / ASUKA one is hopefully one of many to come. The second match holds nothing back mostly because those two realize it's possible their last go around and just go full bore.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

extradite THIS! posted:

Gotta nth this for a demonstration of what you can do in weird confines. Also for the OC callbacks. Wrestling as joyful spectacle, as self-aware performance, still with a core of athletic talent.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

extradite THIS! posted:

Yeah I'm on board with these.

HM: Shoko Nakajima vs Natsumi Maki, TJPW Princess Cup Quarterfinals (8/15)

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Neodoomium posted:

Yeah I'm on board with these.

HM: Shoko Nakajima vs Natsumi Maki, TJPW Princess Cup Quarterfinals (8/15)

Yes, and
HM: Hyper Misao vs Miyu Yamashita, TJPW Princess Cup Quarterfinals (8/15)

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yep to Misao v Miyu as a HM. A lot of fun and a great post-match speech.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
15th August
AJPW Summer Series 2 ~ AA Forever Atsushi Aoki Memorial Show
Jake Lee, Kento Miyahara & Yuji Okabayashi vs Shuji Ishilkawa, Shigehero Irie & Suwama

Just a real enjoyable 6 man tag to top of a fun show which was a fitting memorial to a guy who died far too soon and was involved in training so much of the current AJPW roster.

Will also say real verge of tears stuff for the post-show ceremony. Watching Suwama barely holding it together got to me.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Aug 15, 2020

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
10th August

Nth.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
10th August

big nth, both these guys are cool, kenohs kicks are very cool, hard hitting doesn't really begin to describe what they did to each other

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
10th August

So this was some loving match. It felt epic. I really strongly recommend that in the next 7 days you go on to Abema & watch this while it's free because you won't regret it. Just watch it now, before you hear anything about it. About 120k were watching on Abema live which rules.

Nth. This was so loving good. I can't believe you're allowed to just kick a man in the head in NOAH.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MOTYC
10th August
GHC Heavyweight & GHC National titles

HM
Katsuhiko Nakajima (C) vs Kenoh - GHC National Title Match - Pro wrestling Noah Departure Night 1, Aug 4 2020

Go Shiozaki (C) vs Naomichi Marifuji - GHC Heavyweight Title Match - Pro wrestling Noah Departure Night 2, Aug 5 2020l

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
I've yet to watch the Kenoh/Shiozaki epic, but I'm looking forward to it. Instead...

HM
15th August
Dragon Gate - Gate of Adventure Day 5
Naruki Doi & Don Fujii & Shuji Kondo & Susumu Yokosuka vs. Kento Kobune & Taketo Kamei & Sora Fujikawa & Madoka Kikuta

Four veterans and members of the Toryumon Generation take on the latest group of un-aligned rookies. What follows is an excellent match and an excellent showing from the "Young Dragons." Don Fujii is on absolute fire on the veteran side bullying the opposition and suffering the wrath of the next generation. Taketo Kamei has a "future Brave Gate champion" written all over him, Sora Fujikawa had a fun showing as the face in peril and Kento Kobune is already being talked about as a future main eventer. If you love young lion matches in NJPW, definitely check this one out.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7JmTzJ2tTY

Here it is in Nico quality, there should be a SamuraiTV version in a few weeks

Just a reminder that this is v.v.v.v. good!!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Don Fujii bullying young boys is always good content. I need to find time to get caught up on DG.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

HM: King of DDT Rd 1 08/08/20

Minoru Tanaka Vs Soma Takao

Nth this

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Going to stick them in spoiler tags in case people haven't caught up. All four QF matches were great if not spectacular.

HM: King of DDT Rd 3 13/08/20

T-Hawk vs Yuki Ueno
Minoru Tanaka vs Tetsuya Endo

Also if you like heavy grappling, quick pinfalls and submission transistions, check out Shinya Aoki vs Akito from the same show. I really enjoyed it but I know the style isn't for everyone.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

HM: The Queen Mother Emi Sakura vs Sayaka Obihiro, ChocoProLIVE!#41 Emi Sakura’s 25th Anniversary Show, 8/17/2020

I enjoyed the match a lot but felt the Nakamori match was slightly better. Still a fantastic time. Here’s to 25 more years of Queen Emi!

Loved the show as a whole but didn’t really feel anything else got to THAT level. Maybe Mei vs Yuu which was sick as hell.? I might second something if someone else HMs another match from the show. I’m really really tired and have trouble concentrating on or thinking about things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

HM: SCU and Private Party vs The Lucha Bros and the Butcher and the Blade. AEW Dark 8/18/20