Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T
Resisting with BOD+Armor, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Right, AP -6.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Why do ALL of the online rollers hate me? :ohdear:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Just fudge, as a pbp GM I can say that I don't check the rolls posted in the thread, because the hell with that.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Got bored and felt the icons were kinda flat, so I went and re-touched them.

Use whichever ones you'd prefer.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Is Bible okay? :ohdear:

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I was just waiting for festivities to end for everyone before starting back up.

Headcount?

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Still here.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Still here and waiting for another description of Elena murdering things. :colbert:

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Here and ready to do "the hacking"

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Capstick is read to do his thing.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
yup

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Where the hell am I?

Edit: oh I'm here

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
I asked if Bible was okay and then immediately hosed off.
EDIT: And apparently so did he.

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jan 5, 2014

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Holidays are over, family is back on the other side of the planet, and I officially have no life again. Updating both threads now.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Hey, I think Seoul Team's mage is MIA. What do we all thing about replacing him?

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

bunnielab posted:

Hey, I think Seoul Team's mage is MIA. What do we all think about replacing him?
When was the last time he responded anyway? It has been a bit so we do need a replacement...

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
don't worry about it, just murder (electrocute?) the mage really fast

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I just went with the assumption that he flaked on the job. We'll replace him after this portion of the run.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Would I get to use Combat Sense once I step through the doorway or with what is going on already, I am already alerted? I'm asking because the description under the power states that it allows a Perception Test before a possible surprise situation, gaining the benefit of being alerted if the test is successful

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Hey Seoul Team guys, I feel that we should, if we can, leave the Mystery man and his buddies alive. The corp will waste time interrogating them and it will buy us some time to get clear hand over the targets. Capstick has enough Unarmed and shock weapons to knock this guy out in my next pass, assuming Maddog doesn't kill him.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

AmyL posted:

Would I get to use Combat Sense once I step through the doorway or with what is going on already, I am already alerted? I'm asking because the description under the power states that it allows a Perception Test before a possible surprise situation, gaining the benefit of being alerted if the test is successful

That's how I read it. If you are going in and pass the perception check, you get the +6 bonus.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Well then, Team Seoul, that went down quite differently than I had planned, but great job.

Once you escape the building and hit a safehouse, you'll be able to rest. Everyone will recover one edge and I'll give out Karma.

This will also be a good time to find a replacement for ltr, so if you know anyone interested (or anyone interested is reading), now is a good time to submit characters.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

The Bible posted:

Well then, Team Seoul, that went down quite differently than I had planned, but great job.

Once you escape the building and hit a safehouse, you'll be able to rest. Everyone will recover one edge and I'll give out Karma.

This will also be a good time to find a replacement for ltr, so if you know anyone interested (or anyone interested is reading), now is a good time to submit characters.

What do you mean by differently? As in planning to kill everyone and bring down the whole building?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Well, now you'll never know. :colbert:

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

The Bible posted:

Well, now you'll never know. :colbert:

Arcturus, Kerrigan, and Raynor perhaps? *coughs*

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I knew someone would get it.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
:D

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Bible, you accidentally quoted Forums Terrorist in the PBP recruitment thread instead of hitting reply. Might want to fix that so people don't get confused.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Whoops, that's what I get for phoneposting at 1:30 am. Thanks for the heads up.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
go to sleep fool

also WE HAVE A JUMPER, BRACE FOR BEAST MODE

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Here's a submission for a replacement!

Hwan "Wings" Seonwoo
Mage out for Revenge

Background
Hwan grew up in Seoul, under the tutelage of his parents, a pair of magicians. His father, Paul Barren, was an academic from somewhere in North America, and a professor at Sungkyunkwan University. His mother, Eun-ju Seonwoo, was an influential mudang in the community who spent more than half of each day helping others in their community. Hwan developed his own magic at an early age, and his parents both encouraged his practice. His father's library was full of magical texts, and Hawn spent the bulk of his youth learning the academic details of magic. His father helped him, detailing the intricate equations, but his mother often told him the magic he bore was from the people, not the symbols.

At age eight, playing in the streets one day, he met a small fairy who called herself Bul, and who he offered a small bit of the apple he was eating. She took the offer as one of endearment, and soon began to find him every day on his way home from school. Before long, she was living on the shelf above his bed, her bed a shoe box, and teaching him the intricate details of speaking with air spirits, how to use them for flight, for speed, and for every other task.

Before he could enroll in Sungkyunkwan University, however, tragedy struck: at age 17, men came to his house with automatic weapons and frightening magic. A moment before they burst inside, his mother awoke him, make him invisible, and pushed him out the window. He watched as they killed his parents and torched the building, and he stood in the streets of Seoul, cloaked in his mother's last spell, as he watched the firefighters try to stop the blaze.

In the papers the next day, it reported him as dead in the blaze, too, which was just as well: according to Bul, SINs were just a problem. His parents dead, he turned to the air spirit for guidance, and she answered. She introduced him to a seedier, darker side of Korea, where he found his skills went for a high price. It's been a year, and he's managed to carve out a small life. He's got a small, seedy apartment where he watches the Matrix games that filled his youth, a few friends that may or may not have his back, and Bul still sleeps above his bed. But he doesn't have any leads on who killed his parents, and he'd really like to.

Mudang Tradition
Combat: Fire
Detection: Earth
Health: Water
Illusion: Man
Manipulation: Air
Drain: CHA+WIL

Priorities: Metatype E, Attributes B, Magician A, Skills C, Resources D

Attributes
pre:
BOD: 2      AGI: 3      REA: 3      STR: 2    
WIL: 5      LOG: 3      INT: 4      CHA: 6
EDG: 3      MAG: 6      ESS: 6.0
Other Stats

Phys/Ment/Soc: 4 /7 /5
Physical: 9 Stun: 10 Overflow: 3
Physical/Astral/AR: 8 + 1d6 / 8 + 2d6 / 8 + 5 + 1d6
Bound Spirits:
- Force 6 Air (Elemental Attack, Fear), 2 Services
- Force 6 Earth (Concealment, Engulf), 1 Service

Karma: 25 => 10,000¥ (-5) 15 => Renascence Spell (-5) 10 => English 2 (-2) 8 => Curse (-5) 3 => Bound Spirit (-2) 1 => Bound Spirit (-1) 0

Qualities
Focused Concentration 3 (-12)
Mentor Spirit (-5): Eagle Fairy Spirit, Bul (+2 Perception, +2 to Summoning Air Spirits, Allergy (Mild): Pollutants)
Allergy (Mild, Uncommon): Beef (5)
Spirit Bane: Beasts (7)

Skills [28/2]
Spellcasting 6
Counterspelling 1 (+5) => 6
Ritual Spellcasting 3
Summoning 1 (+5) => 6
Binding 3
Banishing 3
Arcana 2
Astral Combat 2
Assensing 2

Perception 1 (+2) => 3
Automatics 2

Athletics 1 (Gymnastics, Running, Swimming)
Influence 1 (Etiquette, Leadership, Negotiation)

Knowledge/Language [20]
Language: Korean N, English 2
Professional: Magic Security 4
Academic: Magic Theory 4, Parazoology 2
Street: Fixers 2, Korean Spirits 3
Interests: Noodle Places 1, Matrix Gaming 3

Spells
Combat: Lightning Bolt, Manaball
Detection: Detect Magic
Health: Increase Reflexes, Heal
Illusion: Improved Invisibility
Manipulation: Armor, Influence, Levitate, Physical Barrier
Rituals: Curse, Renascence

Contacts [6]
Discreet Talismonger - Khun (2 Conn, 2 Loyalty)
Khun's an elf of some sort. She's quiet and direct, and she's pretty cute, too. Hwan's known her for about four months, and they sometimes catch movies together.
Street Doctor - Doc Cheetum (1 Conn, 1 Loyalty)
Doc Cheetum's an American working in a cyberware clinic in downtown Seoul. Hwan doesn't know him super-well, but he has stitched up a bullet hole or two.

Gear [59,875¥]
Low Lifestyle (1 Month) (2000¥)
Ingram Smartgun X (800¥) Acc 4(6), DMG 8P, BF / FA, RC 2, 32 (c)
- Gas Vent 2, Integral Suppressor, Smartgun System
- Regular Ammo x 40 (80¥)
- Explosive Rounds x 40 (320¥)
- Gel Rounds x 40 (100¥)

Armor Jacket (1000¥)
- Chemical Protection 6 (1500¥)
- Nonconductivity 3 (750¥)
- Insulation 3 (750¥)

Power Focus 2 (36000¥) +2 Magic
Magical Lodge 6 (3000¥)
Reagent x 50 (1000¥)

Dodge Scoot (3000¥)
Renraku Sensei (1000¥)
Contacts 3 (600¥)
- Image Link (25¥)
- Flare Compensation (250¥)
- Smartlink (2000¥)

Fake SIN 2 (5000¥)
Power Focus License (400¥)

Yamaha Raiden (2600)
Acc 6 (8) , Dmg 11P / –2 AP, BF / FA, RC 1, 60 (c)
- Smartgun system
- Sound suppressor
- Electronic RC 1
- 180 rounds of of APDS for it (2160)
- 3 Clips (15)
- Gyro Mount (1400), 6 "RC" on recoil and movement
Gecko Tape Gloves (250)

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 20, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Atlatl posted:

go to sleep fool

also WE HAVE A JUMPER, BRACE FOR BEAST MODE

Speaking of which rip an entire police convoy

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
Which chargen method are we using (if it matters) and how much spending power do we get for new characters?

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Priority system is the only system for SR5 right now, you get basic chargen spending power. It's still the first run for both groups.

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

Doc Dee posted:

Priority system is the only system for SR5 right now, you get basic chargen spending power. It's still the first run for both groups.

Got it! I should have a sheet up here in this post within the next 48 hours.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Seoul team, are we all OK with jumping? I really don't want to spend a turn digging the grapple gun out and that still leaves the issue of how to pass the rappelling gloves back and forth.

I would really rather hope Clean's 'nade distracts the snipers so we can get away. I have a smoke nade in my bag that I can try and grab to drop at out feet.

TheBible, how many passes will it take for me to fish it out?

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Let's jump jump!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

bunnielab posted:

Seoul team, are we all OK with jumping? I really don't want to spend a turn digging the grapple gun out and that still leaves the issue of how to pass the rappelling gloves back and forth.

I would really rather hope Clean's 'nade distracts the snipers so we can get away. I have a smoke nade in my bag that I can try and grab to drop at out feet.

TheBible, how many passes will it take for me to fish it out?

Yes lets jump gently caress it. I can jump out next init pass after or if I can shoot and then jump that would be great as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
ok yeah jump, sorry cirno you're gonna have to bust out some edge

• Locked thread