Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bolow posted:

HEY

LOOK

LISTEN

Navi hasn't been a thing for almost 20 years now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I can't wait for Bethesda's latest sequel to Postal 2

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

The Taint Reaper posted:

I bet they show the new Zelda Trailer and they'll have one of the characters actively speak.

People will go apeshit.

When Link speaks I want it to just be his various shouting sounds strung together with subtitles like Banjo-Kazooie.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

univbee posted:

Voiced by Gilbert Gottfried.

This would be a step up so I don't get why people would be pissed :shrug:

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Al Borland posted:

And then aborted 7 months in by an Ubisoft executive and shopped to the public the second it gets sucked out of the womb.

When it comes to core gamers, faith is sometimes justifiably hard to come by for that company. Well, we'll find out soon enough. :shrug:

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

The Taint Reaper posted:

You can never be done with metroid.

Hell the Playstation actually has a metroid type game that's better than Fusion.

fusion is crap so this isnt a high bar

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Kewpuh posted:

fusion is crap so this isnt a high bar

Fusion is a fine game. A fine, fine game that is ok.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Rocketlex posted:

When Link speaks I want it to just be his various shouting sounds strung together with subtitles like Banjo-Kazooie.

Have everyone speak Japanese so everyone can realize how anime the series is.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

computer parts posted:

Have everyone speak Japanese so everyone can realize how anime the series is.

This is something I still don't get, I mean all 3d Zeldas have anime styling. How can you not notice it?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Fusion is great even if it spawned the character of ADAM

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I came here to be like 'wait 5 dollars per fighter???' about the new Smash stuff but I guess people have decided that's a tolerable cost for DLC now? I mean I remember when people would bitch about like five times the content in a fighting game being five bucks but ??

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
It's a lesser crime than spawning the character Zero Suit Samus (despite Zero Mission being a better game).

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

KittyEmpress posted:

I came here to be like 'wait 5 dollars per fighter???' about the new Smash stuff but I guess people have decided that's a tolerable cost for DLC now? I mean I remember when people would bitch about like five times the content in a fighting game being five bucks but ??

We're talking Smash Bros fans, here. Don't underestimate them. They're paying top dollar to Amiibo scalpers to do... Amiibo stuff.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Broseph Brostar posted:

Watch P.T. show up ingame like that vampire techdemo dream in MGS3

You mean the Sorrow fight? That would own. If I recall there's a portion of the game revealed in some kind of asylum or hospital.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Zero Suit Samus is incredibly hot and cool.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Steve2911 posted:

Fusion is a fine game. A fine, fine game that is ok.

no its poo poo

also my post was bait for taint reaper to see if he would then call metroid prime poo poo

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

KittyEmpress posted:

I think it's a little steep. If there was some kind of season pass that got me all the add-ons for a more reasonable price I'd prefer that.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kewpuh posted:

no its poo poo

also my post was bait for taint reaper to see if he would then call metroid prime poo poo

Metroid Prime was just OK if they just made the scans always obtainable instead of having a slew of missable ones, it would have been better.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Fusion is one of those games that's fine on its own but falls apart when you look at how Other M took stuff that was set up in Fusion and did it way way worse.

Prime loving rules.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I really wish they'd do a proper re-release of Prime on Wii U. The one they did still was still in terrible SD and used the terrible Wii controls.

Do it proper and I'd pay like £30 for it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rocketlex posted:

I think it's a little steep. If there was some kind of season pass that got me all the add-ons for a more reasonable price I'd prefer that.

There's a pack with everything they announced in the direct I think for GREAT PRICES

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Blackheart posted:

There's a pack with everything they announced in the direct I think for GREAT PRICES

Happy to hear it. I missed the direct and nobody mentioned that part.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Rocketlex posted:

Like I sort of get it, you just buy the ones you want but I dunno, I've only played a little bit of the new Smash because I don't own a Wii U, but the most fun I had was just trying everyone and switching around. I always played like that though, even in melee and brawl, I just liked playing dozens of different characters.

Edit: Oh cool there's a pack? That's nice at least.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Blackheart posted:

The pack is the exact same cost as buying the contents piecemeal, there is no discount whatsoever.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

The Taint Reaper posted:

Metroid Prime was just OK if they just made the scans always obtainable instead of having a slew of missable ones, it would have been better.
That seems like a really odd complaint since the scans are completely optional, and you can even get a 100% rating at the end of the game without getting all the scans.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

what do you mean "a slew"

besides bosses, which give you pretty ample time, i'm only really familiar with ice shriekbats being the problem scan

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

univbee posted:

The pack is the exact same cost as buying the contents piecemeal, there is no discount whatsoever.

There's a discount, and then an additional charge for the convenience.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

KittyEmpress posted:

any given modern gaming thing, Nintendo fans think they're better off without until Nintendo gets around to doing it

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Jiro posted:

You mean the Sorrow fight? That would own. If I recall there's a portion of the game revealed in some kind of asylum or hospital.

Nah, if you talk to paramedic and save when you're in the prison cell she'll tell you about Dracula. Then the next time you start the game up it goes straight from the load screen to a prototype of a weird vampire killing game.

They took it out of the HD rerelease iirc

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 14, 2015

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I think prime 2 had more missable ones but I didn't play that one too much so IDK

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

arcsig posted:

That seems like a really odd complaint since the scans are completely optional, and you can even get a 100% rating at the end of the game without getting all the scans.

Oh sure we had just come off the N64 where every single big deal game on the system had you collect everything.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Kewpuh posted:

what do you mean "a slew"

besides bosses, which give you pretty ample time, i'm only really familiar with ice shriekbats being the problem scan
There's actually a few. Ice burrowers also disappear (at the same time as the ice shriekbats I believe) and for some bizarre reason Aqua Drones only appear in one room, and they only appear in that room the first time you enter it, so you HAVE to scan them then.

I think there's others too that I'm forgetting about.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I got every single thing in Donkey Kong 64. Never again.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

I got every single thing in Donkey Kong 64. Never again.

We are brothers!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Jiro posted:

no like the vampire techdemo dream.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Spyro 2 is the one game where I collected every thing and did every thing. I spent hours trying to find more hidden content long after I exhausted everything.

Games are stupid.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8zKVS8O228

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The lack of the vampire dream in the re-releases is a major bummer. Easily a top part of the game.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Gamers are stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Metroid Other M 2 make it happen Nintendo

• Locked thread