Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
my one ultra-low quality read atm is that mmt/quid doesn't read like previous town/town slapfights I've seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Birdstrike posted:

my one ultra-low quality read atm is that mmt/quid doesn't read like previous town/town slapfights I've seen

What makes it different? Cause I feel like it is.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Deadbeat Dad posted:

What makes it different? Cause I feel like it is.

it doesn't feel like they're invested in their positions. it was "is that a jokevote? Well I'll vote you :mad:" "is that a joke reply? Well I'll vote you then :argh:"
it's just such a weak thing for towns to slapfights over. I'm used to seeing more venom in town fights.

poo poo maybe they're both scum

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Birdstrike posted:

it doesn't feel like they're invested in their positions. it was "is that a jokevote? Well I'll vote you :mad:" "is that a joke reply? Well I'll vote you then :argh:"
it's just such a weak thing for towns to slapfights over. I'm used to seeing more venom in town fights.

poo poo maybe they're both scum

Now that I re-read it, it just looks really blown up because poo poo all has happened D1. I could see light bussing but it seems a longshot to go on as a vote for me. Still think it's just a little scuffle, but yeah. Usually two towns go at each others throats for pages and that's easier to read.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Now that I re-read it, it just looks really blown up because poo poo all has happened D1. I could see light bussing but it seems a longshot to go on as a vote for me. Still think it's just a little scuffle, but yeah. Usually two towns go at each others throats for pages and that's easier to read.

I'm not following your internal logic here.

You're saying that nothing has happened D1 except for this, and therefore it's turned into this big blown up thing. But if it actually was something that was blown out of proportion, then it would be being discussed a shitton more than it is, and as such people would be taking sides, and presumably then Murmur and I WOULD be going at each other's throats, wouldn't we?

What this is looking like is you've taken a stance on this "slapfight" that you've identified and which you have mentally already noted is the only real point of interest in the thread so far, and you've covered your bases on it and why you have an opinion on it, but it hasn't really gone anywhere, so you're covering your rear end even more now.

DBD has felt off to me in all of this. Birdstrike posting in this way maybe a way for him to damage control? Or maybe he's just jumping on birdstrike's post TO damage control?

##unvote

##vote DBD

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Covering my rear end from what?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Covering my rear end from what?

Accidental penetration?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I said it looks bigger than it really is / people are talking about it because nothing else has really happened, which means it really isn't poo poo and I think you are both town.

You then defend that it's not being blown out of proportion which means it's not a super big deal, which is exactly what I'm saying (although I think you're overestimating people caring that much D1).

Birdstrike made a good point that townies usually go at each others necks a bit more but since it was so brief/odd/dumb, I also categorize this as a town v town thing.

But I will note the way you two did that and then put two (IMO bad) votes on me doesn't rule out the possibility of a bussing, no matter how slim.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

TMMadman posted:

Accidental penetration?

:gary:

TMM, what's your read on the game so far? From what I remember you usually get involved way more and have yet to really make a post that isn't a joke. Let's game, guys.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll agree with TMM being quieter than usual.

:yarg:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Deadbeat Dad posted:

:gary:

TMM, what's your read on the game so far? From what I remember you usually get involved way more and have yet to really make a post that isn't a joke. Let's game, guys.

I just ended a game and it was a bit draining, so I haven't fully jumped into this game yet but I'm working on it.

I think the Quid/MMT thing is probably being blown out of proportion, but I also don't really like that both of them voted for you (even though MMTs vote didn't count). You seem to be engaging the thread and trying to move things past joke phase and I usually take that as a town tell.

I really don't like TTs vote on merk and feel the justification for it is pretty weak:

Tremendous Taste posted:

I think voting someone you can't read is viable but it's not a move to be made if you have any strong inclination on who is scum whatsoever.

The reason I'm voting merk here, for example, is that this low effort play d1 seems out of character for his town play. On the other hand, as scum he'll take a bit more time to get moving and sooner abandon lines of thinking or indeed any posting whatsoever.

I usually wouldn't vote him for this, but as it's d1 and in all likelihood we aren't super powered as town, I'm willing to take the gamble.

This is coming from someone who often advocates for a no lynch on D1 and here he is saying that he wants to vote merk because of low effort. But the problem is that this whole day is been pretty low effort so far. If merk is town, it's better to have him around and if he is actually scum, it should be pretty obvious after a day or two because he will start making excuses about not playing.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

No lynch on d1 works in role madness games

We are not in a role madness game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It feels like you went back looking for a reason to vote someone rather than feel sincerely suspicious when you first read it

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That must be why I voted you shortly after you posted your reasoning.

It's bad and you should feel bad.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I said it looks bigger than it really is / people are talking about it because nothing else has really happened, which means it really isn't poo poo and I think you are both town.

You then defend that it's not being blown out of proportion which means it's not a super big deal, which is exactly what I'm saying (although I think you're overestimating people caring that much D1).

Birdstrike made a good point that townies usually go at each others necks a bit more but since it was so brief/odd/dumb, I also categorize this as a town v town thing.

But I will note the way you two did that and then put two (IMO bad) votes on me doesn't rule out the possibility of a bussing, no matter how slim.

I just don't get the dichotomy of you continuing to come back to this point if you don't think it's a big deal, which is what you are saying. Why continue discussing it? You could have responded to Birdstrike and just said "yeah it really isn't that big of a deal in retrospect" but you are going on this weird analysis of it and it's just strange and feels off.

Even here you're still analyzing it, buddying up to Bird for his point, and continuing to try to force the issue. I don't like it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

So basically you don't object because you thought the vote was bad, but only why I arrived there?

That's ridiculous

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tremendous Taste posted:

No lynch on d1 works in role madness games

We are not in a role madness game

How do you know? Ecco only said it would feature traditional stuff, which presumably means "no custom roles, no bastard roles" (and is the only reason I'm playing). That doesn't exclude role madness.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Jedit posted:

How do you know? Ecco only said it would feature traditional stuff, which presumably means "no custom roles, no bastard roles" (and is the only reason I'm playing). That doesn't exclude role madness.

got a cool role do you huh?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
scum is a pretty cool role I guess

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
if you're a clown

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
at the circus

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
man you're spitting some vicious rhymes here birdstrike

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tommunist posted:

man you're spitting some vicious rhymes here birdstrike

doin it tough on the westside made me sick with the skip hop

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajeL87l3prM

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

got a cool role do you huh?

None of the really cool roles, but I do have a role and it's a standard role. So I think Tasty Taste is vanilla, and the more people who have roles the more likely it is that he's scum. Don't start claiming just yet, but keep it in mind.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Jedit posted:

None of the really cool roles, but I do have a role and it's a standard role. So I think Tasty Taste is vanilla, and the more people who have roles the more likely it is that he's scum. Don't start claiming just yet, but keep it in mind.

do you think taste is vanilla town or vanilla scum or vanilla ice cream? I don't quite follow you

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Quidnose posted:

I just don't get the dichotomy of you continuing to come back to this point if you don't think it's a big deal, which is what you are saying. Why continue discussing it? You could have responded to Birdstrike and just said "yeah it really isn't that big of a deal in retrospect" but you are going on this weird analysis of it and it's just strange and feels off.

Even here you're still analyzing it, buddying up to Bird for his point, and continuing to try to force the issue. I don't like it.

Oh my god I am saying it's not a big deal, but now you're getting strange as gently caress.

I have literally only mentioned it two separate times since and that was once because somebody involved in it (MMT) responded and wanted to know something, and again when Birdstrike posted a complete opposite view of the situation which I asked him why he felt that way. Technically, I have never brought it back up once without being prompted or reading about it. So you're telling me just to leave that and I shouldn't be wary of why Birdstrike feels that way? That I should've said, in your words, "yeah it really isn't that big of a deal in retrospect" which makes zero loving sense because that wasn't his conclusion, and he thinks that one of you are scum. So I agreed with the good point he did make about town vs. town going at each other a bit more but said I think your interaction (and the only real significant back and forth to date before today) was short and weird enough to also group into that mix -- while still acknowledging I could be wrong about it because it could also look "forced".

And now your response is starting to make me think the latter. Are you saying you just dropped everything from MMT and feel okay with her now? You're voting me because I discussed the thing with people who asked me about it or brought it back up? I think your vote is extremely weak.

I have also commented on merk, imgay, TT, Birdstrike in the meantime and you're the only one who has felt some weird pressure from me that I'm not putting on you. I only responded to MMT and then said "yeah, Birdstrike you make a good point about why you feel that way because two towns usually carry on longer, but I also thought it was quick, dumb, and awkward." I still don't really like imgay and have a weird gut on him and didn't like his responses to me but the way you're handling this is odd and worrisome and opposite of MMT responding.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I am a sandwich maker I can tell if there is scum on either side of one of my posts.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Birdstrike posted:

It's already been discussed to death, but if that was a slapfight it's one of the lowest-effort slapfights in the history of mafia

TMMadman posted:

This is coming from someone who often advocates for a no lynch on D1 and here he is saying that he wants to vote merk because of low effort. But the problem is that this whole day is been pretty low effort so far. If merk is town, it's better to have him around and if he is actually scum, it should be pretty obvious after a day or two because he will start making excuses about not playing.

I think your justification for voting Taste is flawed. I went back and looked through his few games and the "no lynch" thing is pretty much exactly as he's described it: present in role heavy games, absent in (at least the last couple) normal games.

Anyway, I'm going to ##vote: imgay because he voted tomm and his posts immediately afterwards both felt weird and were objectively wrong.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
mafia edit: voted tomm with no real justification. Too early!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

CCKeane posted:

I am a sandwich maker I can tell if there is scum on either side of one of my posts.

What kind of sandwich am I?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

What kind of sandwich am I?

A HERO

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Bring me a baguette, chicken, bacon and tomato. I want to beat you to death with a club.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jedit posted:

Bring me a baguette, chicken, bacon and tomato. I want to beat you to death with a club.

Sandwich type: COMMUNIST.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I want a sandwich but I'm all out of the pot roast I made last week.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry to trigger you FL but mafia is a subjective game. It's a game of feelings and your like an old black woman slapping my hand away from here weave when I try to look at it. Then she says looks with your eyes not your hands. That's you FL.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

imgay posted:

Sorry to trigger you FL but mafia is a subjective game. It's a game of feelings and your like an old black woman slapping my hand away from here weave when I try to look at it. Then she says looks with your eyes not your hands. That's you FL.

That is... that sure is some analogy you've got there.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

imgay I don't think I like your choice of persona this game

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey fair game, my volleyball team made the playoffs :toot: so I'm going to be out of pocket for the deadline. consider it floating (see OP).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

imgay posted:

yes mafia is a subjective game in a lot of senses but it has objective elements. Unless there's something I'm not grasping - and I don't think there is - statistics are neither subjective nor feelings-based. It's really weird to me that you're trying to cast them as such.

• Locked thread