Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

What? He just pointed to his own callout and revoted, didn't he? What are you on about here?

I'm really confused about what you're referencing here, since he never did that - can you provide a quote?

I'm talking about the three separate times I have now called out behavior that I recognize as scummy from TQ (I use 'toaster'/'Cylon' because he and I know each other from the BSG-playing group of goons) from previous games:

Podima posted:

I know how you play and this is awkward Cylon posting. ##vote TQ

Podima posted:

:confused:

F A K E
A S
S H I T
D I E
T O A S T E R
S C U M

Podima posted:

TQ is doing that thing he does as scum where he just tries to avoid callouts and hopes that people let them go. ##vote TQ

TQ has not once seriously responded to any of these other than attempted brushoffs or ignoring me, which I find even worse.

~~~

Also Quid, I'm kind of confused how you missed those if you presumably went back and checked, since all you found was the one time I mentioned your name in relation to his. Seems self-conscious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I will be in and out today, please don't lynch me for lurking.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Here's your response pod: FAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTT~~

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Podima's either still poo poo posting or he's being fake as hell, either way I see no reason to seriously engage that "case."

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Truth Quark posted:

Is this your first game of mafia because this is quite the can of worms you're opening here.

Honestly I'd be voting suicide4sexbots right now because all of their posts feel awkward, like they have some compulsion to post and remind is they exist but don't want to get caught with scummy opinions. I had to go check vote finder, because apparently this is their first game, so I guess I'll give them a pass D1 but I got my eye on you buddy.

Ehhhhhhh, don't like this post. Offers an opinion then backs off of it pretty fast. Why post it at all?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

He didn't actually vote with it but here is the post I am referring to where he calls Gulag and points again at his own case:

Truth Quark posted:

Oh is it still joke phase?

In case it isn't anymore, here are two reasons Gulag is scum: 1) role fishing disguised as a clever joke post 2) did not claim SK immediately upon game start

As for your callouts on him, I forgot about the initial vote and I skipped like 3 pages of jokephase so I didn't see the second one.

Also I initially thought you were talking about him calling out other people and then realized you were talking about you calling out him and only saw the one thing so all of this is kinda jumbled, my b.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Truth Quark posted:

Podima's either still poo poo posting or he's being fake as hell, either way I see no reason to seriously engage that "case."

No, I'm not. I actually find your posting to be pretty scummy thus far - at first I was just prodding you during jokephase, but your response (or lack thereof) has cemented my read pretty well. :shrug:

~~

Quidnose posted:

He didn't actually vote with it but here is the post I am referring to where he calls Gulag and points again at his own case:

As for your callouts on him, I forgot about the initial vote and I skipped like 3 pages of jokephase so I didn't see the second one.

Also I initially thought you were talking about him calling out other people and then realized you were talking about you calling out him and only saw the one thing so all of this is kinda jumbled, my b.

Ok so you got it turned around and thought I was talking about his callouts and not mine, that makes sense. No worries!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This however is dumb, reachy, and bordering on fake:

Podima posted:

Also Quid, I'm kind of confused how you missed those if you presumably went back and checked, since all you found was the one time I mentioned your name in relation to his. Seems self-conscious?

I literally went back a page and searched "TQ." I didn't go back into jokephase because I assumed it was jokephase and anything in jokephase would have been....a joke.

That it HAPPENS to be me connected to him is inconsequential to my search and also, if I were scum, do you REALLY think that is what I would be doing? Come on now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

No, I'm not. I actually find your posting to be pretty scummy thus far - at first I was just prodding you during jokephase, but your response (or lack thereof) has cemented my read pretty well. :shrug:

If you admit that your first couple of joke votes on him were not meant to be taken seriously in the context in which they were posted, you cannot then turn around and say "why didn't you respond to these, that's suspicious." That is scummy as heck.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

This however is dumb, reachy, and bordering on fake:

I literally went back a page and searched "TQ." I didn't go back into jokephase because I assumed it was jokephase and anything in jokephase would have been....a joke.

That it HAPPENS to be me connected to him is inconsequential to my search and also, if I were scum, do you REALLY think that is what I would be doing? Come on now.

Aha ok. I just tend to assume people use the upside down ? to look at post histories rather than....just ctrl-Fing the previous page. Fair enough!

(Also don't get defensive, you prod people for the same types of little details too! :))

~~

Quidnose posted:

If you admit that your first couple of joke votes on him were not meant to be taken seriously in the context in which they were posted, you cannot then turn around and say "why didn't you respond to these, that's suspicious." That is scummy as heck.

As I said in my post, I was prodding him at first, but the fact that he didn't respond to me after I did it a total of 3 times set off alarm bells. I'm not going to hammer on him for it all day (I'm not TMM) but I'm pointing out behavior that I find suspect.

Also Quid I seriously do not want to get into a stupid slapfight with you on day 1, I already get frustrated enough by your combative playstyle. Can we take it down a notch?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
FWIW looking back (I was drinking last night) I see I didn't do a particularly stellar job of distinguishing my posts from the jokephase shitposting. Mea culpa!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
You make a bunch of votes in joke phase then act all surprised people didn't take them seriously. You're reaching very far scumbo.

##vote Podima

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Quidnose posted:

Ehhhhhhh, don't like this post. Offers an opinion then backs off of it pretty fast. Why post it at all?

I was originally going to quote this post, because has tried this on past scum teams. He thinks he can get defensive melt downs from me, so I assumed this was him and quid trying to get me to hang myself.

Quid has since made further analysis of this stuff that I agree with so now I'm pretty sure it's just Podima looking for an easy town lynch.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Mafia edit: because Podima has tried*

Fingers move much slower than my brain

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
I'm gonna give everyone a pass who has voted so far, because after the fiasco of last night, and what I had to suffer at the hands of Target Loss Prevention, I think everything prior to this morning should be taken with big, fat, slug-melting grains of salt. That's not to say I'm salty... I'm not. Except with AR who I feel (personally) has not done enough drinking today.

The people I suspect are the ones who haven't voted. Trying to ride out the day so that they can get the EZ night kills. Yep. Anyone know off hand who that would be, or how I can discover that besides sifting through some very painful posts?

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
nvm found it

##vote Jedit

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

suicide4sexbots posted:

I'm gonna give everyone a pass who has voted so far, because after the fiasco of last night, and what I had to suffer at the hands of Target Loss Prevention, I think everything prior to this morning should be taken with big, fat, slug-melting grains of salt. That's not to say I'm salty... I'm not. Except with AR who I feel (personally) has not done enough drinking today.

The people I suspect are the ones who haven't voted. Trying to ride out the day so that they can get the EZ night kills. Yep. Anyone know off hand who that would be, or how I can discover that besides sifting through some very painful posts?

Interesting since you and Jedit were the only ones not voting at the time of this post.

Not voting isn't scummy, voting around willy nilly is. Not voting and simultaneously not participating is scummy, but its still a bit early in the day to be making lurker crusades.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
Except I've voted about six times, with a couple of those having some actual meaning behind them.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

suicide4sexbots posted:

Except I've voted about six times, with a couple of those having some actual meaning behind them.

Fair, I just found it ironic. I don't agree with going after lurkers at this point but we can agree to disagree on that point.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
Also: I'm not hating on Jedit because he's an Englishman. I think it's bloody brill

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice

Truth Quark posted:

Fair, I just found it ironic. I don't agree with going after lurkers at this point but we can agree to disagree on that point.

The problem is I can't think of anything else to go after yet! So I'm just trying to apply whatever logic I can and be a constructive posting buddy. Admittedly, my logic is very limited.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Help me kill Scumdima and we can have a victory party after

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote exakt ive already solved the case so who cares

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
just gonna wait on Li to vote so we get another scum 100% guaranteed

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
ok but there better be drank

AR is so invited. If he's not scum.

Podima did jump down my throat in patriarchal fashion earlier for looking at someone funny. What's next, daddy? Fitting for a purity ring?

Podima posted:

FWIW looking back (I was drinking last night) I see I didn't do a particularly stellar job of distinguishing my posts from the jokephase shitposting. Mea culpa!

Also daddog, TQ is right, this does look pretty odd. Who would ever post seriously in jokephase? I know that and it's my first game!

Mafia Protocol 101 posted:

Thread starts > Do shots > Shitpost until you pass out

Giving Jedit time to finish tea. ##unvote

##vote Podima

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

suicide4sexbots posted:

I'd rather vote for one of the people who put you to -2 in the space of minutes last night. I'd wager someone was trying to turbo you in joke phase then laugh it off with a "Whoops, guess we got carried away!" when you flip Town.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

flerp posted:

##vote exakt ive already solved the case so who cares

lol ok

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Don't worry suicide, I'll be stupid drunk tonight too.

This time it won't be to avoid actually tasting garbage Asian fusion.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

Also Quid I seriously do not want to get into a stupid slapfight with you on day 1, I already get frustrated enough by your combative playstyle. Can we take it down a notch?

I also don't believe this. I'm not being super combative at all right now, just asking questions and getting people to clarify their statements. Podima has no real reason to be up on my playstyle here that I can see, as I've...hardly been playing at all?

It's especially weird since Podima was less concerned with my combative playstyle while modding the last game and more concerned with me having a legitimate anger meltdown.

This seems kiiiiind of out of nowhere and I'm not sure why this is where Podima is immediately jumping. Reads as fake, and if we want to point out something that's ACTUALLY defensive, it would be this.

##vote Podima

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Especially since Podima is alternatingly going "oh no my buddy it is ok i misunderstood you!" and then wristslapping me for being combative. Where am I being combative? :confused:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
what's going on with you podima, when you're scum you're usually way more subtle

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

sry that i found u out scumo

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
my votes not moving until someone can convince me its just a scum scam

also: what's the sum of all scum?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

##unvote

And I don't know if I'll be involved much, I'm in a poo poo ton of pain right now and I'm getting drunk tonight (it's my birthday! Yay being older!) but should feel insanely better tomorrow.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

suicide4sexbots posted:

my votes not moving until someone can convince me its just a scum scam

also: what's the sum of all scum?

Zero, because scum is nothing to me.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
Some thoughts:

S4SB:
Seems scummy to me. The two posts below are I think the most egregious:

suicide4sexbots posted:

suicide4sexbots posted:

ok but there better be drank

AR is so invited. If he's not scum.

Podima did jump down my throat in patriarchal fashion earlier for looking at someone funny. What's next, daddy? Fitting for a purity ring?

Also daddog, TQ is right, this does look pretty odd. Who would ever post seriously in jokephase? I know that and it's my first game!

Giving Jedit time to finish tea. ##unvote

##vote Podima

The first post looks like classic D1 scum trying to lynch a lurker, because there's no controversy in lynching someone who hasn't posted. The second one looks like bandwagoning. Either way, seems fishy. But if this is really their first game, I'm not so sure if the bandwagoning is egregious.

Poidma:

Podima posted:

I'm really confused about what you're referencing here, since he never did that - can you provide a quote?

I'm talking about the three separate times I have now called out behavior that I recognize as scummy from TQ (I use 'toaster'/'Cylon' because he and I know each other from the BSG-playing group of goons) from previous games:

TQ has not once seriously responded to any of these other than attempted brushoffs or ignoring me, which I find even worse.

~~~

This post is terrible. Metagaming is terrible and you shouldn't do it and definitely shouldn't be using it publicly as a reason to accuse someone of being scummy.

Everyone else:

Meh.

All in all, I'm gonna go with my gut.

##unvote
##vote suicide4sexbots

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice

Li Dawny posted:

##unvote

And I don't know if I'll be involved much, I'm in a poo poo ton of pain right now and I'm getting drunk tonight (it's my birthday! Yay being older!) but should feel insanely better tomorrow.

Happy :toot: day!

I hope you feel better.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice

Rye posted:

##unvote
##vote suicide4sexbots

:bandwagon: much?

Don't poke yourself in the eye with your big fat hypocrisy.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

suicide4sexbots posted:

:bandwagon: much?

Don't poke yourself in the eye with your big fat hypocrisy.

? Podima is the vote leader, what are you going on about here.

• Locked thread