Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

oh i ran across The Nameless Mod which i've never played, but which i understand to be the result of a giant in-joke among the moderators at the official deus ex forums

could be great ... or garbage!

It was fun when I played it. Eventually a Deus Ex like story takes shape, but you will have to stomach the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Onkel Hedwig posted:

It was fun when I played it. Eventually a Deus Ex like story takes shape, but you will have to stomach the beginning.
The beginning was even better IMO, it's a cringeworthy fan community old-internet-meme shitfest that is somehow far more competently put together and well-thought-out than you would expect.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

a hole-y ghost posted:

The beginning was even better IMO, it's a cringeworthy fan community old-internet-meme shitfest that is somehow far more competently put together and well-thought-out than you would expect.
That sounds pretty great actually

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

~:razz: teh llama cult :iamafag:~

-throws spork-

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Nameless Mod also does what few AAA games bother to do nowadays which is have a fully fleshed out story where you join the bad guy. It's not near the end, either, there's fully two distinct paths to the end.

edit: it's good

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

mind.in.a.box is basically deus ex in music form that's also not the deus ex soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn8-fdj7_sg

Have all their albums plus the THYX ones, they're extremely good. I absolutely love Michael McCann in HR and MD though. His tracks in the Extended Edition edition of the MD soundtrack are great for any cyberpunk setting tbh. Currently trying some tracks out in the Battletech Beta, fits fairly well.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

JC Denton never got laid?

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

etalian posted:

JC Denton never got laid?

At the end of Invisible War he's inside of every man and woman on the planet.

But yeah he failed to seal the deal with either of those Australian broads. "Fanks for getting me in" and then that bitch ghosted on him.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

It's totally awesome. this thing:

Guy Mann posted:

~:razz: teh llama cult :iamafag:~

-throws spork-

is actually in the game and they compete against an equally LOLRANDOM 1337 speak cult

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

gary oldmans diary posted:

im sure i dont know what you mean

pepper spray > prod > prod or baton (save 1 prod ammo by using baton instead)

Cold. Cold and dark. It goes on forever.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

lambskin posted:

Cold. Cold and dark. It goes on forever.
You can't loot that guy.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

In fact I think he's more like an animated piece of furniture in the game engine than an actual NPC

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

a hole-y ghost posted:

In fact I think he's more like an animated piece of furniture in the game engine than an actual NPC

instead of hacking him to pieces I just hacked his life support. bing bing boom so simple

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

a hole-y ghost posted:

You can totally knock out an MiB with a riot prod jab or two to the small of the back, and doing so means they don't self-destruct so you can loot them. They're usually carrying good stuff.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

You can totally knock out an MiB with a riot prod jab or two to the small of the back, and doing so means they don't self-destruct so you can loot them. They're usually carrying good stuff.
Oh right, it was the MiBs that say that. Never mind—yeah, you can knock them out. A lot of them have Dragon's Teeth, if I remember correctly, but you probably already have it by then anyway.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Desperate

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Desperate

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Old men and their..... flexibility

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I might as well start using coke.

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

Billion years old game that was decent about billion year minus 4 years ago. Looks bad, plays horribly, probably hassle to get to run on modern computer, sounds bad and filled with cryptic 90's video game poo poo. Why there is a topic about this in 2017?

autism or other form of retardation?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Fagmaster posted:

Billion years old game that was decent about billion year minus 4 years ago. Looks bad, plays horribly, probably hassle to get to run on modern computer, sounds bad and filled with cryptic 90's video game poo poo. Why there is a topic about this in 2017?

autism or other form of retardation?

It's no hassle to get running. It does a lot of things modern games should, but usually don't.

*checks first page of GBS* hmm yes this thread in particular is retarded the most *taps pipe on screen*.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jul 1, 2017

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Xaris posted:

This but Arkane Studios. They're were already working Chris Avellone with Prey and all their games are basically Thief/SS/DX inspired. Maybe even Arkane+Obsidian JV would be p good.

i dunno if i trust arkane with being able to write a good deus ex, though i have a lot of confidence they'd make brilliant gameplay. prey was a definite step up in writing from their other games, and had an interesting twist, but the cyberpunk paranoia and philosophy that underpinned deus ex will take some chops to emulate.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they'd need to predict some major terrorist attack for one thing

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Honestly the hardest thing about getting Deus ex to run in my experience is the mods. I finally ditched all of them and it installs in about 10 seconds and runs like butter

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Deus Ex is good. I started Prey today & it's cool but it reminds me more of System Shock 2

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

It does a lot of things modern games should, but usually don't.

Horrible combat, lovely animations, bullshit inventory system, useless abilities, back tracking and options that were not made clear in anyway?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Fagmaster posted:

Horrible combat, lovely animations, bullshit inventory system, useless abilities, back tracking and options that were not made clear in anyway?

Hmm backtracking is bad. Better to be in some kind of corridor.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

myDad posted:

Deus Ex is good. I started Prey today & it's cool but it reminds me more of System Shock 2

yeah it's much more like ss2 but deus ex and ss2 have major gameplay similarities, which prey shares. i imagine the ss2/deus ex fanbases on a venn diagram would be a near perfect overlap, so the recommendation seemed appropriate.

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jul 1, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

you're an unstoppable killing machine by the end of prey much like deus ex

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Dishonored's on sale on Steam at the mo. It's totally worth picking up as well.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dishonored's on sale on Steam at the mo. It's totally worth picking up as well.

usp gindcore. sup.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Orkin Mang posted:

usp gindcore. sup.

Hey Orkin, I was wondering where you were at. :cool:
I'm good man. You?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hey Orkin, I was wondering where you were at. :cool:
I'm good man. You?

pretty drunk. things are going ok, blend of things.i wonder what ur reading or watching now

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Orkin Mang posted:

pretty drunk. things are going ok, blend of things.i wonder what ur reading or watching now

Good, good. I hope you're having a good night. I'm watching an episode of Roadkill, where they cut the body off a corvette and turn it into a go-kart. It's 10AM here and I should go to sleep but :sludgepal:

You know how it is.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Good, good. I hope you're having a good night. I'm watching an episode of Roadkill, where they cut the body off a corvette and turn it into a go-kart. It's 10AM here and I should go to sleep but :sludgepal:

You know how it is.

i am. things are a bit rough at the moment, but theyre also not too bad,in the scheme of things. ill look up roadkill. im not sure what ur tastes are , but the new twin peaks is an interesting watch. i love it, but youll know quickly if its to your taste. keep it real

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Orkin Mang posted:

i am. things are a bit rough at the moment, but theyre also not too bad,in the scheme of things. ill look up roadkill. im not sure what ur tastes are , but the new twin peaks is an interesting watch. i love it, but youll know quickly if its to your taste. keep it real

I hope it gets better. Hit me up anytime. I need to watch twin peaks - I've got tonight off so I'll watch it and get back to you, when next we chat.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jul 1, 2017

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I hope it gets better. Hit me up anytime. I need to watch twin peaks - I've got tonight off so I'll watch it and get back to you, when next we chat.

youre a gentle soul

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
there is backtracking in deus ex? you mean when you go through the same location again when stuff is different? thats stupid

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

a hole-y ghost posted:

Oh right, it was the MiBs that say that. Never mind—yeah, you can knock them out. A lot of them have Dragon's Teeth, if I remember correctly, but you probably already have it by then anyway.

the women in black carry dragon's teeth, and you only see them the mission after you get that thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8SmsrP7QQk

• Locked thread