Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Somehow I believe this was a "Tom Brady era" meme that was modified...

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1501942579046150154

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Jimmy G still needs a home. Some are saying Indy might be that spot.

And then there's the nuclear option: Deshaun Watson.

Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper is “extremely interested” in acquiring Watson, Aaron Wilson of Pro Football Network reports. The Panthers have been described as “all-in” for Watson and have been keeping a close eye on the situation for over a year. It is well known within the Panthers organization that the team wants Watson.

Of course, Carolina might have some competition. Watson is still under criminal investigation after he was accused of sexual assault by nearly two dozen women. Prosecutors have yet to announce whether he will face charges. Once that decision is made, he could draw interest from several teams. Wilson reports that as many as 10 teams are actively monitoring the situation.

https://www.egotasticsports.com/one-team-still-extremely-interested-in-deshaun-watson-trade/

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

CocoaNuts posted:

Of course, Carolina might have some competition. Watson is still under criminal investigation after he was accused of sexual assault by nearly two dozen women.

I like how these two sentences are structured as though the US legal system is trying to sign him out from under Carolina's nose.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

At a minimum, I bet Cap could come in and be on the level of someone like Jalen Hurts if his legs still work

lol

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

in 2033 TFF will still be saying Kaepernick is better than half of the league's starters. he wasn't even great to begin with when he was actually playing in his prime

e: just to be clear, that's not to say he's not been hosed by the NFL, but that's obvious

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mystic Stylez posted:

in 2033 TFF will still be saying Kaepernick is better than half of the league's starters. he wasn't even great to begin with when he was actually playing in his prime

e: just to be clear, that's not to say he's not been hosed by the NFL, but that's obvious

Lmao The fear edit.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm willing for Seattle to take a chance on Kaep. If he hasn't adjusted, and we lose, it just means a tanked season. If he's still good? Well, he probably can play for a couple of seasons at least and put off our look for another QB!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mystic Stylez posted:

I think you over estimate how good half the NFLs QBs are

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lmao The fear edit.

"oh god, i've gone too far!"

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I would rather have Kaep right now than Goff or Wentz just off the top of my head. Isn't Geno Smith currently the favorite to start in Seattle? There are places for him.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Drew should be locked in as starter

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Eifert Posting posted:

I would rather have Kaep right now than Goff or Wentz just off the top of my head. Isn't Geno Smith currently the favorite to start in Seattle? There are places for him.

Geno has a lot of court troubles still working their way through.

yes, SPD suck and are assholes, but eh. He might not be playing football next year.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/TheFantasyPT/status/1502250062776344576?s=20&t=iCGGQUMJdhoFyPTWZkO2ug

There is way too much noise about this poo poo and it's making me nervous

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Watson to Seattle makes a lot of sense since they don't have a real QB right now and his game is similar to Wilson's. I don't know why anyone would want to take on that baggage though. I guess it's one of those what have they got to lose situations. Whatever, just keep him away from Philadelphia please.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

NGL the Panthers' interest in watson is truly loving disgusting me right now.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think you over estimate how good half the NFLs QBs are

Nah it's not the fact that they are great it's the fact that Kaep's bad too

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mystic Stylez posted:

Nah it's not the fact that they are great it's the fact that Kaep's bad too

I mean realistically this is true but the difference between the two is more marginal than you might think

Depends on if he’s bad or constant turnover bad I guess

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

BiggerBoat posted:

Watson to Seattle makes a lot of sense since they don't have a real QB right now and his game is similar to Wilson's. I don't know why anyone would want to take on that baggage though. I guess it's one of those what have they got to lose situations. Whatever, just keep him away from Philadelphia please.

Watson is going somewhere because he has dodged criminal charges!!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33478887/houston-texans-qb-deshaun-watson-face-criminal-charges-connection-sexual-misconduct-allegations

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
No whammies no whammies no whammies...

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1502464322857021440

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
It's plane tracking time!

https://twitter.com/StainbrookNFL/status/1502480950730629125?t=ZfL9LLjAI5ozYR6M9WWHaw&s=19

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

ungggggghhhh Seattle has so much more immediate draft capital than Carolina.

Come on Tepper, do something ridiculous, save Seattle from this!!

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

"oh god, i've gone too far!"

The same feeling Schefter experienced here:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1502431088458842119

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
The Carolina Panthers will make an "aggressive" offer for Deshaun Watson as soon as the Houston quarterback waives his no-trade clause for them to negotiate with the Texans, a league source told ESPN.

An issue with having the clause waived is not anticipated, the source said.

The Panthers attempted to trade for Watson, 26, early last offseason before reports surfaced of 22 lawsuits and 10 criminal complaints of sexual misconduct against the three-time Pro Bowl selection. Carolina backed off after that.

A grand jury in Houston voted Friday not to indict Watson on the criminal charges, leaving only the 22 civil lawsuits with accusations of sexual assault and inappropriate conduct during massage sessions against the former Clemson quarterback.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33483986/source-carolina-panthers-make-aggressive-offer-houston-texans-qb-deshaun-watson

I wonder if it will be as costly for the Panthers as Matty Ice is to the Falcons?

The Atlanta Falcons are restructuring quarterback Matt Ryan's contract, lowering the $48,662,500 cap hit he was initially going to be at for the 2022 season by $12 million, according to Roster Management System.

The team converted $7.5 million of his base salary and a $7.5 million roster bonus that was initially due next week into a signing bonus to spread it out over more years, which will give the Falcons more room to play with. Ryan's new cap number for 2022 is $36,662,500 and his new base salary is $8.75 million.

To do this, the Falcons added three voidable years from 2024-2026 totaling $9 million. Ryan's dead money for 2022 is now $55.525 million.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33484864/atlanta-falcons-restructure-matt-ryan-contract-lowering-salary-cap-hit-37m

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

CocoaNuts posted:

leaving only the 22 civil lawsuits with accusations of sexual assault and inappropriate conduct during massage sessions

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but lol at this being the situation yet every GM going "all clear!"

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Is the one source his agent?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Elephanthead posted:

Is the one source his agent?

Don’t think we can get an actual confirmation there, but if I had a Magic 8-Ball and shook it, I’d probably get an answer of “Signs point to yes”.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
So much for the speculation that Tom Terrific would hold out and join the 49ers later in the summer...

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1503150313552949261

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Kirk Cousins cashing in...

Source: Minnesota Vikings QB Kirk Cousins agrees to one-year extension worth $35 million

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33495979/source-minnesota-vikings-qb-kirk-cousins-gets-35-million-extension

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

CocoaNuts posted:

Kirk Cousins cashing in...

Source: Minnesota Vikings QB Kirk Cousins agrees to one-year extension worth $35 million

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33495979/source-minnesota-vikings-qb-kirk-cousins-gets-35-million-extension

how does he keep getting away with it?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Elephanthead posted:

how does he keep getting away with it?

Straight up: he's good enough, but mostly other QBs who would represent an improvement are hard enough to find.

Vikings need to take a chance and draft someone this year

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Play posted:

Straight up: he's good enough, but mostly other QBs who would represent an improvement are hard enough to find.

Vikings need to take a chance and draft someone this year

They're locked into Cousins for two years and this draft is awful for QB's. They need to draft someone next year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mitch

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

They're locked into Cousins for two years and this draft is awful for QB's. They need to draft someone next year.

Fuckin A, draft someone BOTH years.

I mean, obviously contingent upon having a good grade on the player. But they're at 12th overall this year, they are in position now. Yeah it's not the best QB draft but there is some talent there, they just all come with certain downsides. There may not be good QBs and/or the Vikings may not be in position next year.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Mitch will lead the Steelers to glory! Or not, most likely.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
The Brownies have so much faith in Baker that they're meeting with Deshaun Watson (as are the Falcons)...

The Cleveland Browns have been doing their due diligence on Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson and are expected to meet with the quarterback Tuesday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Good Morning Football.

The Atlanta Falcons also in the mix for a potential trade for Watson and hope to meet with the quarterback on Wednesday, Rapoport later reported.

Watson met with the New Orleans Saints and Carolina Panthers on Monday, Rapoport and NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. The Buccaneers -- who saw the return of Tom Brady on Sunday -- are the only NFC South team to have not either met with Watson or potentially have one scheduled.

https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-to-meet-with-texans-qb-deshaun-watson-on-tuesday

Play
Apr 25, 2006

cool to sexually harass/assault 23 women and be rewarded by picking whatever team you want to go to and receiving a massive multi year deal from whoever you choose

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Play posted:

Fuckin A, draft someone BOTH years.

that is extremely loving stupid when that roster has holes all over.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dubious posted:

that is extremely loving stupid when that roster has holes all over.

quarterback is the position that matters the most, so far above other positions that it's almost absurd

of course if they hit the first year they don't have to do it the second year. but what I'm saying is having that 12th pick puts them in a pretty good position to find a quarterback this year, if they like one. and however they try to fix a roster that has 'holes all over' they ain't doing it with Cousins and his massive contract and one first round pick at another position also is not going to do it.

maybe they'll win enough games to put themselves outside of qb draft contention next year and then it's the same drat story all over again.

of course if they really don't like the qbs this year, whatever. but I think it's time to try and break out from the cycle of Cousins mediocrity

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
the team needs a #1 CB (arguably #2 as well), interior o-line (center and guards), pass rush, linebackers, another starting safety, and depth. It's absolutely idiotic to draft one of the lovely QBs this year with those other needs with QB taken care of for one more season to see how he gels with the new staff. He's good enough while the new regime gets their foundation in and maybe he does wel this year, maybe he doesn't; i trust the new brass to know what the gently caress they're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dubious posted:

the team needs a #1 CB (arguably #2 as well), interior o-line (center and guards), pass rush, linebackers, another starting safety, and depth.

well why haven't they addressed these needs in free agency then?

oh yeah, cousins and his lovely contract again. they only have 2.5 mil in cap space

e: they got DT Harrison Phillips. Yay, I guess?

I mean, I don't disagree with you completely. They need to work on multiple positions. I just think this team is going nowhere until they take some chances. Cousins' contract and Cousins himself ensures it. Filling holes is well and good until then but it won't really change anything in the big picture. Nor will a single first round draft pick.

I also don't agree that there's no QBs this year, there will be good QB(s) to come out of this draft and one may even be drafted at/below 12.