Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

Let me be perfectly loving clear about something. The day I get my hand on a loving scumdoc? I'm 100% in charge. D1, I'm going all-tactical, analyzing every single motherfucker in the game, their relationships to one another, every scrap of joke phase because every loving post matters, and my loving PEONS will kneel before me because they'll loving know exactly who they're dealing with because I'll give them a strategy that gets us lynching townies faster than you've ever seen before. No one will question my rule as - hell, it'll be FFX by then - I rise as Sin and destroy whatever bullshit name they gave to the world Yuna was born on (X2 was better - fight me) Instead, HERE WE ARE, once a-loving-gain. The sole solace I take is that I'll grab 7/7 wins easy but I'm not wasting my time loving around with realworld tomorrow's circlejerking.

Joke phase and circlejerking suck. I don't get it. I don't get the comparison of meta reads (except for Asiina) and I don't get the nonsense that comes with it. It's frankly & ultimately screaming obscenities & ya... just gotta put up with it in new games. But I'm not participating in some town slapfight resulting in yet another totally pointless d1 lynch. i don't get why this community is obsessed with slaughtering town as quickly as they possibly can - d1 the odds are just loving against us, we have a majority, and okay, maybe you get lucky and you hit someone you actually wanted to hit? How often has this ever happened? Are there stats? Goons? Surely somebody's done the math. I'm not even reading the rest of this poo poo until actual stuff starts happening other than "white noise" or whatever we call it here. This time I'm just calling attention to that fact rather than just bailing on the first few days of posting and catching up. No loving reason at all to read most of these posts as town!peramene until much later. No offense town!Rarity, godspeed you crazy diamond scum!Rarity.

IS I hope we get to be scum together someday because mama's gonna show you how to loving roll town like a goddamn california roll -- jeez so much for shorter posts, gently caress
Pussy Quipped you have one of the single greatest usernames I've ever seen on the forums and I've seen an awful lot of the greats
Also MMT if you managed to get scum without me be sure not to let me blow you up D1 again <3 DEAD TO RIGHTS

God why aren't you dead yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
i think my lord of hats case is like D1 legit

don't make me go all chores on you folk

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Please don't

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Max what's wrong with Spoonsy?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

This is a really convincing argument - like I didn't think 100 was scum at first but on a re-read

This post just sounds unnaturally defensive for this early in the game.

##unvote2
##vote2 100

Since I don't actually want to use my doublevote to rush anything I'm just going to symbolically keep it on glenda.

I don't like this post much MMT is getting very back and forth on very little and it feels disingenuous

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

the loudest person at the beginning tend to be towns from my past experience

This is my experience as well. Hence why I think 100yrs is probably town he's being very loud and defensive of himself

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

So, this is pinging my scumdar:

TMMadman posted:

Also, Pmom making a first post that's confirms as vanilla is totally normal. It's just like Keane coming in with some silly gimmick theme like being a robot.

It's just not something to even consider.

I don't know how long it's been since you've played, but I know Pmom has been doing the vanilla thing for a long time.
It's excusing someone's behavior for no good reason.

Contrast it to this:

Quandary posted:

100yrs is probably not scum

That's making a (somewhat weak) alignment call instead. Feeling town on Quandry.

Samfucius posted:

its been established that pmom always (nearly always?) does this, did you not believe people?

I don't particularly like this post, or really the series. Not much (any) justification for calling Quandry scum, and throwing some shade on 100years (a bandwagon target) without making an alignment call.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Every time

and I'm being very deliberate here, I'm not exaggerating

Every time someone has given me poo poo about claiming VT in my opening post, they've turned up scum, and I've always regretted not following my gut and pursuing them to the end of the earth. Giving me poo poo about that opening post is a really easy way for scum to fake content, and 100yrs' claimed thought process around it makes not even a tiny lick of sense.

This feels townie as poo poo. Confident, post reasoning. Town on Pmom.

Mithross posted:

I do not currently believe 100yrs is scum. As for if he is a scrub, I refuse to comment at this time.

Not sure if this is an awkward style or not, but at first pass it feels scummy especially as the first meaningful post in the game. Weak alignment call, no analysis or justification.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Also, I'm going to be in NYC tomorrow until early Sunday, so it's unlikely I'll be posting much during that window.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

Hahahahaha yessssss

Hi tpink! I'm now nervous that you calling me good is scum buttering me up so tell me what your thought process is on 100 :)

Like guys look at this point this is awkward and forced we all agree right.

##vote MMT

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Is tpink new? Tpink feels new

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Bit of a story, when I checked SA today, I hadn't check it in a few days and when I saw my role PM I had a bit of a panic about the game having started and the first day being over. Then I realized it was an ecco game and I was ok.

(Love ya Ecco).

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

this is a stickup posted:

something about the tone of this post just seems off to me

Is this post sarcastic and joking or serious? Legit cannot tell sorry.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Sure Sure, Wins Uses Going To NYC As An Excuse, But I Post From NYC Every Day And It Doesn't Stop Me.

I'm Pretty Sure MMT Ain't Scum.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Why do you think that keane

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quandary posted:

Why do you think that keane

Because Are You loving Kidding Me, Come On.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Let me be perfectly loving clear about something. The day I get my hand on a loving scumdoc? I'm 100% in charge. D1, I'm going all-tactical, analyzing every single motherfucker in the game, their relationships to one another, every scrap of joke phase because every loving post matters, and my loving PEONS will kneel before me because they'll loving know exactly who they're dealing with because I'll give them a strategy that gets us lynching townies faster than you've ever seen before. No one will question my rule as - hell, it'll be FFX by then - I rise as Sin and destroy whatever bullshit name they gave to the world Yuna was born on (X2 was better - fight me) Instead, HERE WE ARE, once a-loving-gain. The sole solace I take is that I'll grab 7/7 wins easy but I'm not wasting my time loving around with realworld tomorrow's circlejerking.

Joke phase and circlejerking suck. I don't get it. I don't get the comparison of meta reads (except for Asiina) and I don't get the nonsense that comes with it. It's frankly & ultimately screaming obscenities & ya... just gotta put up with it in new games. But I'm not participating in some town slapfight resulting in yet another totally pointless d1 lynch. i don't get why this community is obsessed with slaughtering town as quickly as they possibly can - d1 the odds are just loving against us, we have a majority, and okay, maybe you get lucky and you hit someone you actually wanted to hit? How often has this ever happened? Are there stats? Goons? Surely somebody's done the math. I'm not even reading the rest of this poo poo until actual stuff starts happening other than "white noise" or whatever we call it here. This time I'm just calling attention to that fact rather than just bailing on the first few days of posting and catching up. No loving reason at all to read most of these posts as town!peramene until much later. No offense town!Rarity, godspeed you crazy diamond scum!Rarity.

IS I hope we get to be scum together someday because mama's gonna show you how to loving roll town like a goddamn california roll -- jeez so much for shorter posts, gently caress
Pussy Quipped you have one of the single greatest usernames I've ever seen on the forums and I've seen an awful lot of the greats
Also MMT if you managed to get scum without me be sure not to let me blow you up D1 again <3 DEAD TO RIGHTS

:golfclap: A thing of beauty if I ever seen it.

I'm celebrating tonight. maybe it will give me visions of supreme clarity.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Because Are You loving Kidding Me, Come On.

That's not a very convincing argument

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quandary posted:

That's not a very convincing argument

Neither Are Any Of The Ones Calling Her Scum.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Neither Are Any Of The Ones Calling Her Scum.

Keane, are you scum? Please tell me you aren't scum.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Quandary posted:

Is this post sarcastic and joking or serious? Legit cannot tell sorry.

that's a post someone in FF4 mafia made. I cased her and was hounding her the entire time due to her tone being so weird compared to her usual self

so not relevant to this game at all

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

wins32767 posted:

It's always impossible for me to tell if Keane is scum it's frustrating as hell

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Keane is scum but that doesn't make him a mafia

:banjo:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Quandary posted:

Is tpink new? Tpink feels new

I'm new-ish? I dunno. I don't remember playing with you before, I don't think.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wins32767 posted:

I Am Town Aligned.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

CCKeane posted:

I Am Town Aligned.

He said it in all caps so I think it must be true.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Quandary posted:

It's always impossible for me to tell if Keane is scum it's frustrating as hell

My old meta for him was that he is much more cautious as scum, but I've been out of the game for a few years.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

that's a post someone in FF4 mafia made. I cased her and was hounding her the entire time due to her tone being so weird compared to her usual self

so not relevant to this game at all

Except inasmuch as mmt's "if I were scum" mirrors the first paragraph.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

What's your read on Keane?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pinterest Mom posted:

yeah, I got your meaning. I meant my post isn't actually relevant to this game; it's the argument I used last game

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

wins32767 posted:

(Null)

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

wins32767 posted:

keane making weird posts isn't really indicative of alignment, but so far his only 2 contributions are "hmm 100yrs is fine" and "hmm mmt is fine".

not great, especially considering he recently had been effort posting more often than not.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

keane making weird posts isn't really indicative of alignment, but so far his only 2 contributions are "hmm 100yrs is fine" and "hmm mmt is fine".

not great, especially considering he recently had been effort posting more often than not.

The Robot Life Is Very Whacky. Shooting From The Hip Shaft, Madman Stands Out.

TMMadman posted:

I will say that while it's clear that MMT is a doublevoter, I'm a little concerned about her because of this in the games starting post:

I don't think it's really something to chase after right now, but it might be something to think about in the future. On one hand, it would be a pretty bold move for scum to use that power coming right out of the game, but on the other hand, I think it's also a bit reckless to use that power right out of the gate as town too.

Can you talk about why you decided to out yourself as a doublevoter right away MMT?

This Is Awful And Exists Only To Plant Seeds Of Doubt. This Is Also Relating Entirely To A Verifiable Role, So It Isn't Something That Can Be Defended Against. If This Was Made In Conjunction With Comments On MMT'S Behavior, I Would Be Less Suspicious, However As It Stands It Is Throwing Suspicion On MMT In A Way That Can Never Be Defended Against. I Don't Think It Is Reasonable, But I Do Think It Is Something That Scum Can Do To Test Waters And Try To Push A Vote Eventually, Especially As It Is Phrased Here.

Beep Boop I Eat Oil.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I don't like the 100yrs votes I would probably vote for Somber and/or Max based on their 100yrs votes

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Max what's wrong with Spoonsy?

Spoonsy is cursed to roll scum in every game he plays. I think I can count the number of times he's been town on one hand, from my own recollection.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Where the hell is merk? I could use some merk action right now to liven things up. merk, what do you think of this is a stickup? I'm struggling a bit to get a read.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wins32767 posted:

Where the hell is merk? I could use some merk action right now to liven things up. merk, what do you think of this is a stickup? I'm struggling a bit to get a read.

Sure Seem Reluctant To Express Opinions Of Your Own, And Sure Seem Quick To Request That Others Provide Theirs.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Sure Seem Reluctant To Express Opinions Of Your Own, And Sure Seem Quick To Request That Others Provide Theirs.

Yeah, this is just weaksauce scumminess. Go look at my first post.

##vote CCKeane

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Birdstrike posted:

I don't like the 100yrs votes I would probably vote for Somber and/or Max based on their 100yrs votes

What's your objection in particular? He's certainly made bad enough points going after Pmom that votes on him are warranted. They don't come across super bandwagon-y to me.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

Hi everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wins32767 posted:

Hello People. I too will play this game.

This Is Your First Post. :colbert:

• Locked thread