Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

baynes looks like a deer in headlights in that lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

AggressivelyStupid posted:

baynes looks like a deer in headlights in that lmao

Wouldn't you if someone handed you your lines and the only thing written down is "WHITE"

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Doltos posted:

Exactly. I always thought I was short then I realized I could see over the heads of everyone at the family reunion. He's lucky he's 5'9. He could be Mugsy Bogues height and be an actual sideshow right now.

I have over 100 aunts/uncles/cousins in my family and I'm the shortest guy on both sides at 5'10 and a ton of the women are taller than me (like five or so are over 6'0) and it sucks and im constantly annoyed by it and IT is a hero having a total flameout

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

id have to request a new card because im not white, so i do not understand the plight of the white Australian

mastershakeman posted:

I have over 100 aunts/uncles/cousins in my family and I'm the shortest guy on both sides at 5'10 and a ton of the women are taller than me (like five or so are over 6'0) and it sucks and im constantly annoyed by it and IT is a hero having a total flameout

*clears throat*

hello 2 your aunts/cousins and maybe some uncles

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

id have to request a new card because im not white, so i do not understand the plight of the white Australian

Hahah well I meant more specifically in the context of doing a PSA about the needless shooting of another unarmed black man. Anyways I'm glad the NBA does stuff like this

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
2018 Pacers: A Playoff Team.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i just realized the bulls probably won't draft grayson allen only because they traded their 2018 2nd for cam payne

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So the last month of the regular season just got interesting for the West, because Kerr declared Curry out for the 1st round.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://twitter.com/sixers/status/978054364186185729?s=21

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Who needs Kyrie with Can't Trade Terry around

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Athanatos posted:

2018 Pacers: A Playoff Team.

A twitter thread from Aug 2017:
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/895441025849737216

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Who is #15?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/flybyknite/status/978063992580026368?s=21

Definitely not posting this just to feel better about the Raptors loss tonight

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tae posted:

So the last month of the regular season just got interesting for the West, because Kerr declared Curry out for the 1st round.

Please be healthy in time Jimmy :pray:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

found the Official NCAA Tournament Player of SAS

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

that was one Raptor game I'm glad I just watched on my phone.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm here for Minnesota announcing its status as a contender if they pull the 2/7 upset

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
If the playoffs started today the Trailblazers would get to knock Lamarcus Aldridge out of the playoffs. This would be delicious.

E: actually if these GSW injuries hold up, Portland could end up being swept 4-0 in the WCF which would be sweet (to even make it there).

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Saw this on FB

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

someone finish this for me plz

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

BWV posted:

someone finish this for me plz

It's already finished?!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

this might be my favorite pre-fame tweet ever, because its funny, yet also poignant and correct

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm glad okc continues to be it's own strongest opponent

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Guys I know the Warriors are dead and all but holy poo poo the Jazz waxed them. DAVID STOCKTON SAW MINUTES. CONTRACT THE WARRIORS.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Blazers are gonna take 3rd in the west by being the healthiest team and loving up the least.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Carmelo is either injured or he's completely done.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Guys I know the Warriors are dead and all but holy poo poo the Jazz waxed them. DAVID STOCKTON SAW MINUTES. CONTRACT THE WARRIORS.

Oh sweet hopefully the Pacers will whup them on Tuesday.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I believe the magic number for the Rockets to secure #1 overall is down to 3 (including a combination of Rockets wins and Warriors losses). I believe it was 6, the Rockets won yesterday and today, and the Warriors lost.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

chunkles posted:

this might be my favorite pre-fame tweet ever, because its funny, yet also poignant and correct

No joke, I thought I remembered a story about bin Laden playing basketball as a youth and in googling to investigate I found this gem:

LeBron made powerful enemies when he left Cleveland

Carlos Warner, a lawyer representing Muhammad Rahim, an Afghan who was a translator for Osama bin Laden , gave the Loop a brief letter from his client. That note, which was just declassified, consisted of one line: “Dear Mr. Warner — Majid Khan has a cat.”

In addition to sharing the news of Khan’s cat, Rahim had another thought to share with his lawyer, who, we should note, is from Akron, Ohio.

"Dear Mr. Warner!" he wrote in a separate freshly declassified letter. "LeBron James is very bad man. He should apologize to the city of Cleveland."

Warner says Rahim's sentiment about the NBA star who left the Cleveland Cavaliers for the Miami Heat reflects his client’s tribal values, in which loyalty is paramount and "betrayals are not tolerated or forgiven, although an honest apology from an offending peer is valued."

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The Warriors are napping. None of the players want to get hurt so they're essentially tanking since the big bad NBA won't let them rest their players anymore without fining them MILLIONS of dollars.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Strawberry Panda posted:

The Warriors are napping. None of the players want to get hurt so they're essentially tanking since the big bad NBA won't let them rest their players anymore without fining them MILLIONS of dollars.

Except Steph. Which is uh... pretty significant. Even when he returns, tough to imagine he'll be 100% given the severity of the injury.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

leftist heap posted:

Blazers are gonna take 3rd in the west by being the healthiest team and loving up the least.

im big mad about this

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Steph is 100% faking. Everyone knows this. The StrawberryPanda knows what is up.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

leftist heap posted:

Also by being better than most of the other teams in the West.

: Perhaps "outplaying" would be more accurate than "better"

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I got a notification on my phone that said Steve Kerr has forbade Steph Curry from playing in the first round of the playoffs.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Spurs move down to 7, Kawhi comes back, and we have us a series!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Who are considered the contenders this year by everyone here? I have Houston, Golden State, Toronto, and Cleveland. It's funny because I'm hesitant to put Toronto on but really those doubts should be on Cleveland. Hard to not put a LeBron James team on the contender list.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the raptors are contenders for losing 0-4 to lebron in the ecf

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Maybe in 02 but in 03 they were just gassed. 2012 Heat looked vulnerable but had a bunch of BS veteran shooting efforts out of no where saved up for the playoffs, the 2013 Heat didn't have anything extra to give. Point is it's hard to actually tell until after the fact if a veteran team is coasting but has one more burst left in them or just running in fumes

The warriors are younger than those teams and had Durant come over in between, but keeping an ultra competitive team playing at a high level is hard and around three straight finals appearances is when things get dicey

WRT Lakers coasting I'm primarily talking about the 2001 team that won 56 games with an SRS of 3.74 and also ranked 21st of 29 teams in DRtg.

The thing about the 2018 Warriors is that they've basically locked into the 2 seed with their two best players sitting out a lot and playing only ~3,700 minutes. A light load for the two best players on a team. Whereas, the gassed 2003 Lakers had Kobe/Shaq play nearly 6,000 minutes in the regular season to get a junky 5 seed. Then rather than importing new elite talent they imported old Karl and old Gary.

As far as the 2012 and 2013 Heat it would be impossible to prove their elites were coasting much. LBJ almost reached 20 WS in 2013 and 15 WS in that shortened 2012 season.

There are different kinds of coasting of course. This GSW team is more of the sit out and relax variety as Durant/Curry/Thompson have put up very elite aggregate numbers despite each missing a lot of time. Other coasting involves a player obviously dialing it way back like LBJ and others some years.

History is against the Warriors in one regard in that the last time a team won three titles non-consecutively over a four year period was the 1966-1969 Celtics. But Durant remains the X factor.

"actually, it's ephebebelbiphial"

One of those immutable tautological gambits that invariably leads to an ipso facto probation and/or ban. :ok:

He's reminding me more of Karl Malone lately. That most definitely looks like a Malone dunk.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
When the lottery happens, will the 76ers and Celtics both have a rep there to see where the Lakers pick ends up?

It'd be great if that pick wasn't revealed at its "expected" slot of 10th~, and then both teams would be sweating a "Top-3 or nothing" result for 15 minutes or so.

• Locked thread