Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

ChubbyChecker posted:

so you are just a hypocritical coward who angrily criticizes other people's looks but won't post his own pic

why do I get the feeling that you are just thirsty for pics of chubbies to check out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

barbecue at the folks posted:

why do I get the feeling that you are just thirsty for pics of chubbies to check out

they eat so much hair so full and lustrous with vitaminic hale

young, globular men with ruddy complexion or pale

heaving bosoms and glistening foreheads bent against the posting yoke

chins downy and lips like ghosts mouthing out the killing jokes

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The last page or so has some of the most concentrated "turn on your monitor" energy I've seen in a while

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think DocEvil looks like an absolute baddie in those pics.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

ChubbyChecker posted:

so you are just a hypocritical coward who angrily criticizes other people's looks but won't post his own pic

Living in your mind, dealing with the senate of thoughts and impulses that invent & vote these opinions through through to your mouth or fingers, must be a frustrating experience.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fsmhunk posted:

I think DocEvil looks like an absolute baddie in those pics.

He looks perfectly normal, its just why if you managed to get a famous chef to show up and cook eggs and a famous singer to eat them for charity do you show up in lounge clothes and film it on your iphone?

Literally all it takes are some decent pants and a ironed shirt.

pentyne has a new favorite as of 22:17 on Nov 8, 2020

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know if it rises to the level of a saga, but ChubbyChecker's "thing" appears to be a steadfast belief there is no post banal enough to not merit feeling moral outrage about.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

a steadfast belief there is no post banal enough to not merit feeling moral outrage about

forums.somethingawful.com.txt

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

forums.somethingawful.com.txt

I am so angry right now.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

post your pic, before you demand others post their pic

here is my pic

Was this guy a goon, or is it just a generic shock picture?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

pentyne posted:

He looks perfectly normal, its just why if you managed to get a famous chef to show up and cook eggs and a famous singer to eat them for charity do you show up in lounge clothes and film it on your iphone?

Literally all it takes are some decent pants and a ironed shirt.

Yes, Guy Fieri and Smashmouth are well known for their love of business attire and stiff, no-nonsense attitude.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

steinrokkan posted:

Was this guy a goon, or is it just a generic shock picture?

IIRC it was from a brony forum's Post a Selfie thread

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Spanish Manlove posted:

IIRC it was from a brony forum's Post a Selfie thread

That, somehow, just made it worse.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ulvir posted:

David Thorpe’s your band sucks (or whatever it was called) is possibly the only front page-thing I ever sort of miss

It is also a style of article that probably could not exist in today's world

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
anyway the true source no longer matters because

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

GoutPatrol posted:

It is also a style of article that probably could not exist in today's world

yeah nobody produces funny content trashing music anymore, so sad, lmao

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I am so angry right now.

Why if I didn't know better, I'd say you were using irony in order to mock or convey contempt.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
you have been cordially invited to join mr steve harwell of american rock band "smash mouth" and renaissance man guy fieri to a feast of the senses

black tie only

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

fun hater posted:

you have been cordially invited to join mr steve harwell of american rock band "smash mouth" and renaissance man guy fieri to a feast of the senses

black tie only

goons showing their rear end repeatedly itt as the idea of an unwrinkled shirt and some kind of slacks are seen as a high fashion requirement

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

pentyne posted:

goons showing their rear end repeatedly itt as the idea of an unwrinkled shirt and some kind of slacks are seen as a high fashion requirement

lol sure thing grandad let me put on my slacks, something people under 45 would ever wear

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

lol if you're not using the pandemic as an excuse to permanently sit around at home in your underwear, as you've always secretly wanted

fun hater
May 24, 2009

pentyne posted:

its two men who wear silk flame shirts gathering to eat eggs en masse. wearing a shirt to this event is overdressed

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
The goon was standing next to mashedsmouth and guy ferari and he looked by far the worst of the three. It wasn’t his clothes that did it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

funmanguy posted:

The goon was standing next to mashedsmouth and guy ferari and he looked by far the worst of the three. It wasn’t his clothes that did it.

I think it was the aloofness and inability to socialize to anyone in person that did it

fun hater
May 24, 2009

if i had successfully orchestrated a charity event with celebrity guests, i would simply say hello and be personable and maybe eat some eggs myself

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I probably would have made it an egg-off and made an even bigger fool of myself. Throwing up eggs all over smash mouth and guy fieri.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

it's a good thing you weren't wearing nice clothes then

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

lol if you're not using the pandemic as an excuse to permanently sit around at home in your underwear, as you've always secretly wanted

Who needs an excuse?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Akett posted:

Who needs an excuse?

Lookit this guy who didn't get yelled at in the before times

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Inceltown posted:

I probably would have made it an egg-off and made an even bigger fool of myself. Throwing up eggs all over smash mouth and guy fieri.

egg-oeuf you fool, you absolute maroon

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

El_Elegante posted:

egg-oeuf you fool, you absolute maroon

I'm sorry, I don't speak Canadian

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Inceltown posted:

I don't speak Canadian

Inceltown posted:

I'm sorry,
:hmmno:

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

The thread in SA Mart with the guy selling old decks of Something Awful playing cards reminded me. Do y'all remember the sweat shirt wars of. . .2006? I'm pretty sure they were official SA merch, and there was alot of arguing about hoodies vs. zip ups. The thread was mostly in jest, and ultimately they made both styles. I know, because I ended up buying a zip up while my at the time girlfriend got a pull over.

I think it was just a simple grenade/gear kind of logo on the breast, and didn't actually say anything about the website.

The one thing that still occasionally pops into my head was somebody recorded a song with the lyrics like "The zip-up flavor gets me sexual favors, every single day". In my head it sounds like MC Chris but I'm pretty sure it might have been Neil C./Trapezoid/Lemon Demon whatever he was going by at the time.

Does anyone else share this fever dream with me? Paying money to brand yourself as someone who paid money to post on the internet? I'm also pretty sure there as at one point license plate frames made that said "The Internet Makes You Stupid" that I think were also official SA Merch.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I indeed still have (the superior, obviously) zip up hoody in my closet. It is, however, near the bottom of my closet hoody tier list for wearing

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clyEcrwuXfk&t=92s

You can practically see him poo poo his pants when they call him up :lol:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

falling on your sword

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3947612

astral
Apr 26, 2004

They achieved their dream:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

londonarbuckle posted:

This is the main thing I remember him from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3r51QI4Ctw

sorry but the best thing DocEvil ever did was get his shoes roasted

It's kind of sad how often the phrase "Baz Luhrmann rear end footwear" is in my head

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

astral posted:

They achieved their dream:

:lmao::patriot: I was trying to figure the number out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

That deserves a better ban reason than just 'goatse'