Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Examine their gold for traces of magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Ask Puabi for her input on the possibility of real witches in Nephtarah. Is it possible that anyone like herself has set up there?

Ask the local Melachim about whether it sounds like there could be a repeat of Bareen going on in Nephtarah. A bunch of Melachim temples possibly working real 'wonders' seems suspiciously familiar.

Find one of the Mighty Men who can talk to animals - I'm sure there must be one but I can't remember who, Danal? Uriah? - and get them to talk to the bear, find out what its deal is from its own mouth.

1. A
2. G
3. Ja
4. P

For now.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I enjoy the shamelessness involved. "Can we plz spy on you? Y/N. you can spy back if you want"

edit - I mean, I'm not sure that means its would be a bad thing to allow it. Do we think men might be better off knowing these things? or will it cause more suffering. How much do we want to dip our wick in *explicitly* sharing technology?

Zodiac5000 fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 14, 2024

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

We have been beloved by animals for a while now and Snarls can often translate, ask Bright Boy how he feels about living in an enclosure to be stared at by crowds.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

1. B
2. G
3. I
4. T. P but if the zepathans say no they have to take a hike or convince them.
And L.

We should accept the exchange in artists as our step 1 in the plan to overthrow their rule because they are melachim worshipers.

We are competing with 2 other supposed champions of El in the region so our opening play of restoring El worship over a city will decisively put us in the lead going by local deeds.

We send out our own artists so we or rather paebel can properly assess how best to spark a successful revolt and all the while we work on converting the artists they send.

I think this city ticks all of the boxes for a zero ??? use.
1. Just a donut city, nothing magical.
2. The government has flipped to heresy.
3. We're trying to overthrow them through generating an internal proxy force rather than attacking.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Hey my dude, i heard you no longer worship el and instead worship Melachim? Is it true?

No biggie if it is, just curious...

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

B
G
Jb
S
Also I'd like to encourage him to worship El, that's how we're so great after all, because of El.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

A
G
I
S

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Handshake check Beri for wrongdoing without spending nephesh.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

1. B
Unless it's sad, if it's really sad I guess we'll send it home next timeskip. But assuming the docile bear can be made comfortable here then it's a solid starter Zuu animal.

2. H: I want to share Serious Economic and Military secrets - on the condition that House Thahash publicly re-dedicate itself to EL and works tirelessly to restore the proper worship of El in Nephtara. The melachim worship is unacceptable, that genuinely has to go. But there's a way to do this relatively peacefully through soft power instead of needing to drop a flaming sword from the heavens on them. If he can get us that, then I'm happy to maintain an artistic and economic exchange with the Kavaboos that already have a mature trade network we can co-opt to get food, tin, etc. But it's absolutely conditional on abolishing the melachim worship and restoring the Kavodel-style proper worship of El to our satisfaction, if we ever feel like he's slacking on the conversion efforts the exchange is cut off.

3. I, contingent on above

4. S
Not our problem. I assume some poets will inevitably manage to follow somebody around, but this way it self-regulates to whatever our people our comfortable with instead of having to stick our neck out on trampling traditional Zepathan rights for no reason.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Make the bear president of the zuu

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Wow, kinda don't like these guys. Appreciate the enthusiasm and the bent towards learning, please accept that El is exceedingly aggressively real and it's not negotiable sorry. We literally hang out with Melachim and we have probably actually seen El Himself or at least His barrier on Har or SOMEthing and uh. Sorry I'm less into this than even the idea of goblins who are saying they worship El.

1: E, see if we can talk to it because lol I guess, and if nothing comes of it, B

2: G

3: Jb

4: S.

edit: Actually wait.

Crazycryodude posted:

1. B
Unless it's sad, if it's really sad I guess we'll send it home next timeskip. But assuming the docile bear can be made comfortable here then it's a solid starter Zuu animal.

2. H: I want to share Serious Economic and Military secrets - on the condition that House Thahash publicly re-dedicate itself to EL and works tirelessly to restore the proper worship of El in Nephtara. The melachim worship is unacceptable, that genuinely has to go. But there's a way to do this relatively peacefully through soft power instead of needing to drop a flaming sword from the heavens on them. If he can get us that, then I'm happy to maintain an artistic and economic exchange with the Kavaboos that already have a mature trade network we can co-opt to get food, tin, etc. But it's absolutely conditional on abolishing the melachim worship and restoring the Kavodel-style proper worship of El to our satisfaction, if we ever feel like he's slacking on the conversion efforts the exchange is cut off.

3. I, contingent on above

4. S
Not our problem. I assume some poets will inevitably manage to follow somebody around, but this way it self-regulates to whatever our people our comfortable with instead of having to stick our neck out on trampling traditional Zepathan rights for no reason.

Copying this this is way better.
B,
H share on the condition they openly and firmly rededicate themselves to El and work on ending Melachim worship
I contingent on the above
S

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Is Puabi at all curious about what this guy is offering?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
EAT THE BEAR IN FRONT OF THIS DICK and then eat him too

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Can I get a temperature check on how closely we guard the secret of the Asawheels? Is it a High Silver situation where spreading the knowledge is explicitly banned, or has the practice already spread to Dor/Acco etc?

These guys sound problematic but less so than a lot of our neighbours, and we have plenty of scope to exert soft power and cultural hegemony on them if we play our cards right. Knowledge of astrology is a pretty juicy plum which could lead to us creating/ improving our embiggeners, and getting more people to spread word of our deeds is going to lead to a long-term boost in our Neph gain.

I don't want to jump into anything too destabilising right away, but these guys are def worth keeping an eye on.

1. A Keep the bear, why not? S'cool
2. H Plan Crazycryodude- Let's get this ball rolling. If you wanna be part of Team Zepath, you gotta pledge allegiance to the big man. Its how we roll.
3. I Same as above
4 P Allow a couple to go as a taster, but let them know if they want more then they gotta do some El stuff first.

pablo gbscobar fucked around with this message at 05:54 on May 14, 2024

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

1. B
2. G
3. Jb L
4. R

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

1. E - Ask the bear how he's doing. Want to be set free, buddy? Want to help defend the city, friend?

2. G

3. JL

4. S

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Do not share priceless military secrets, including our forge technology with a bunch of nobodies, who will inevitably spread it further.

If you want to force them to serve El, we can *and* should go in person, bash some heads in, execute some idolators and restore worship.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

1) A
2) G - gently caress giving them anything that means they can divert/support more slave mining labour
3) Kb M
4) R - they’re probably also going to try intel gather with this

Tell our tower guard they are to ensure no one from Nephtarah wanders around and they are to all stay (wherever we put/left them)

Ask Bright Ben if he’d be happy in the (describe what a Zuu is)?

Ask Pubai if she has any friends or acquaintances in Nephtarah?, like the one you asked me to courier something to in Baitel that time

Ask Lefkandi what his take on these guys/city

Ask the envoy if he’s heard of Gazmal?

You realise it’s real right?

Like you can literally walk to where a city which was smote by El for Melachim worship used to stand?

There’s a gift shop and everything

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Question
1. Can this guy elaborate on the history of their study of the stars? Mainly when did it start, this is a tradition from the old tales or did they just start within their lifetimes or their grandpa's lifetime? And how big is their astrology group?
2. Use our star lore and test their knowledge and see if they truly know their stuff.
3. Do the list of crimes handshake test and see if he has done enough crimes to beam it to our mind without ??? ?.
4. Inquire on the presence of any of real deal witches pretending we wanna buy but we've been burned by fakes before so we need confirmation.
5. Who is the most worshiped melachim and where does smattas rank?
6. Ask about the slave to citizen ratio of their city.
7. Examine the bear and see if it listens to us or we see anything interesting.
8. Explain in his own words how melachim worship came to his city.

Polgas fucked around with this message at 07:23 on May 14, 2024

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

TheCog posted:

Do not share priceless military secrets, including our forge technology with a bunch of nobodies, who will inevitably spread it further.

If you want to force them to serve El, we can *and* should go in person, bash some heads in, execute some idolators and restore worship.

This person speaks truth.

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
A
F
Ja
S

If we can't trade with the goblins, we can trade with these guys who will trade with the goblins.

Getting some darn fancy envoys here now that we're not at the literal edge of the world.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

1-A
2-G
3-Ja/L
4-P

They seem harmless enough, aside from letting our fantastic forging secrets out we can probably get along alright. And sure, melachim worshippers aren't ideal but we'd be pretty hypocritical to give these people the boot after our long, storied history with Paebro.

If we're going to hold everyone in the region to standards of absolute perfection before engaging with them, let's just cut to the chase and start figuring out how to dismantle the ramp and become completely self-sufficient on the plateau right now.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

B G JB S

Which is larger, Snarls or the bear?

Questions for Beri:

Do people openly worship Melachim in your city? Do you?

Where did you get Bright Boy?

What kind of, uh, pottery do you do?

What is the founding myth of your city? Who built it and from where did it's founder come?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A
H - Share some secrets. Like agricultural ones or others that we would deem to be relatively harmless but still useful.

I
S

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

the_steve posted:

A
H - Share some secrets. Like agricultural ones or others that we would deem to be relatively harmless but still useful.

Give em a Yakhtel. Everyone deserves to be able to crack open a frosty one with the boys, even heathens.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

pablo gbscobar posted:

Give em a Yakhtel. Everyone deserves to be able to crack open a frosty one with the boys, even heathens.

:hmmyes:
This guy gets it

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

1.A
2.H - loan one embigenner and teach refrigerator tech for all of their star maps
3.I
4.S
Encourage El worship, put a nix on Melachim worship
unless that worship recipient is us :twisted:

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

Zodiac5000 posted:

Sure, but correspondingly we didn't get any kind of message from El to get involved in Karnak, which is something I think we all agree he wanted. It's what got him to claim us in the end, even. Relying on or expecting El to respond/order us to do anything is a fools errand and we should really, really, REALLY stop asking him.

Nah, we did get a message eventually, be it through El directly or one of his agents. If we want an actual answer to this whole situation, we're just gonna have to toss the lucky knife and let it guide our decisions.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Everystrike, would the stones used to build a temple ti Xuriel be useful in the forge?

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

ArbitraryTA posted:

Nah, we did get a message eventually, be it through El directly or one of his agents. If we want an actual answer to this whole situation, we're just gonna have to toss the lucky knife and let it guide our decisions.

We never got a message to get involved in Karnak, Am I forgetting a scene?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I think we went to visit, got weirded out by Bald Guy, talked to the actual city, then absolutely pasted the Rakshasa out of nowhere. El apparently approved but didn't give us the task.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
A Kavodelian on a manhood trial ran into us in the middle of nowhere and told us all sorts of bad news rumors about the poo poo that was going down in Karnak.

This person was later revealed to be a secret Melachim. :tinkidel:

We asked lucky knife where to go and it pointed us straight to Hoshanna, who was being used as a blood slave and was fervently praying to El to send someone to save her.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
that's my memory as well. At one point we had the dream about meeting the duck melachim, but that didn't have any instructions or orders.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Did Igal talk about Karnak? He might have, but I don't remember it. Igal was a secret melachim, but he was babysitting us in the Grasslands rather than pointing us to Karnak IIRC. Karnak was on the itinerary because we thought the idea of a plant city was cool and wanted some gardening tips while we were already out in that neck of the woods, only arriving to find... y'know.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Crazycryodude posted:

Did Igal talk about Karnak? He might have, but I don't remember it. Igal was a secret melachim, but he was babysitting us in the Grasslands rather than pointing us to Karnak IIRC. Karnak was on the itinerary because we thought the idea of a plant city was cool and wanted some gardening tips while we were already out in that neck of the woods, only arriving to find... y'know.

Maybe some posters are secret Melachim. Who suggested going to Karnak in the first place? Someone should make a squirrels.xls and correlate posting habits.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Can we ask Puabi, Obel, Chait and Othniel what they think of the open melachim worship and Xuriel-Temple? Thats a good spectrum of Melachim stances, i feel.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Isn't that kinda setting them up for getting punched in the teeth? If they say anything other than 'worshiping something other than El is unacceptable" don't we basically blow a gasket?

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. A
2. G
3. I
4. S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

We overlooked something which probably should have been accounted for in the original questions and it is a little too late to incorporate them into the existing questions now, so we are adding another one. This is something a few people mentioned. Technically the result might partially be covered by some of the add-ons for #3 but not the reason and there is not enough variety to cover the issue, so...

Tudiya never technically banned heretics from visiting the city, but after the incident at the Temple of the Melachim in Zepath he did ban any of your people from worshiping the Melachim within the walls of Zepath, you never rescinded that edict so for not at least is still stands?

5. Do you want to ban traders from Nephtarah on account of them being heretics?

While the Kingly Powers of the King of Zepath are traditionally rather limited, one of the broader powers is the ability to control or bar trade. If the King thinks there is a good reason for foreigners to not trade they can generally just put a stop to it, actually barring foreigners from visiting is something different but something which Tudiya has done before, mostly without issue.

U. No. I don't want to ban traders from Nephtarah from visiting.

V. Yes. I want to ban traders from Nephtarah from visiting, on account of them being heretics.
W. Yes. I want to ban EVERYONE from Nephtarah from visiting, on account of them being heretics.

X. (Add on to V or W) People who are not heretics can visit, but they have to swear they don't worship the Melachim.

Y. (Add on) I tell Beri they are wrong to worship the Melachim, that their worship is profane and they should stop it!
Z. (Add on) Y., and you should believe me because I am a big hero and kick a lot of demon rear end and also super blooded and old and thus a moral authority-figure!

Za. (Add on) I threaten Beri and tell him that his people had best get right with El and stop worshiping the Melachim, or else. The Or Else is vague.
Zb. (Add on) Za., the "or else" is "or else El is going to get around to smiting you one day! I don't claim any special divine revelation but I do make clear that I think it'll happen some day!
Zc. (Add on) Zb., actually you know what, I DO strongly hint some kind of Special Divine Revelation though I don't OUTRIGHT say it! I am Very Big and Super Blooded, I am the kind of guy who people think might talk to Melachim. Beri, you and your people better get right with El, you morons, I, a guy who is keyed in to greater knowledge than you, know for a fact that you have majorly hosed up!

Zd. (Add on) Flash Your Wings, Reveal Yourself In All Of Your Glory, draw your belt-knife-sword which you have now caused to look like an even BIGGER sword and which is now VERY MUCH on fire and declare "FOOLISH MORTAL! You have raised up a false idol in a challenge to the Almighty! Repent! REPENT FOR YOUR DOOM IS AT HAND! I, THE SWORD OF SMATTAS HAVE TAKEN UNTO MY EYES YOUR INIQUITY AND THE KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR VIOLATIONS OF THE SACRED WRIT!"

[...]

Okay! Now getting to pending questions!

Theglavwen posted:

Ask Puabi for her input on the possibility of real witches in Nephtarah. Is it possible that anyone like herself has set up there?

"I am not aware of anyone, though my information is not exactly up to date?"

Theglavwen posted:

Ask the local Melachim about whether it sounds like there could be a repeat of Bareen going on in Nephtarah. A bunch of Melachim temples possibly working real 'wonders' seems suspiciously familiar.
None you ask seem to know.

Theglavwen posted:

Find one of the Mighty Men who can talk to animals - I'm sure there must be one but I can't remember who, Danal? Uriah? - and get them to talk to the bear, find out what its deal is from its own mouth.
You fetch a Melachim who knows how to talk Bear and discreetly arrange for you, your translator and the bear to be alone. What do you want to ask?

Mr. Nemo posted:

Hey my dude, i heard you no longer worship el and instead worship Melachim? Is it true?
No biggie if it is, just curious...

"I am afraid that you have heard is not true, of course we still worship El, perish the thought that we would not!"

You know that in some parts of the Doughnut the Melachim are honored more than they should be and men ask the Melachim directly for aid, something which Zepathans Have A Big Problem With, if he is not lying based on what Paebel said, that may be what is happening, but on steroids, that the Melachim are being openly worshiped alongside El, not instead of Him?

malbogio posted:

Handshake check Beri for wrongdoing without spending nephesh.

Polgas posted:

Do the list of crimes handshake test and see if he has done enough crimes to beam it to our mind without ??? ?.
Apparently "everyone knows" that he is a serial philanderer, engaging in relations with women (both free and otherwise) and not remaining true to them, including the wives of other married men? He has sired numerous bastards. If there is anything else you don't pick it up, at least not without a Shard but you do learn that fact.

pablo gbscobar posted:

Can I get a temperature check on how closely we guard the secret of the Asawheels? Is it a High Silver situation where spreading the knowledge is explicitly banned, or has the practice already spread to Dor/Acco etc?
Not as closely as High Silver but still closely. They are built in sheds and everyone in Kavodel and Zepath (and now just Zepath) keep an eye out for foreigners sneaking around them, everyone, even farmers and laborers are supposed to keep foreigners away from them. Dor and Acco have Asawheels, ones your people built for them and maintained.

alpaca diseases posted:

Ask Bright Ben if he’d be happy in the (describe what a Zuu is)?
A Melachim translates for you.

"They want to know if they will get Sweet water and cakes. I am reasonably sure Enkidel, that Sweet Water is beer, in fact I think the bear is drunk right now."

alpaca diseases posted:

Ask Pubai if she has any friends or acquaintances in Nephtarah?, like the one you asked me to courier something to in Baitel that time.
"I do not, no."

alpaca diseases posted:

Ask Lefkandi what his take on these guys/city
Lefkandi tells you "I am not sure what to make of them, I mean sometimes foreigners are interested in what we make but the stories are often... exagerated? Certainly it is flattering but you have told me about a thousand times to keep what we are making a secret?"

alpaca diseases posted:

Ask the envoy if he’s heard of Gazmal?

"I have heard a story, I suppose."

alpaca diseases posted:

You realise it’s real right?
Like you can literally walk to where a city which was smote by El for Melachim worship used to stand?
There’s a gift shop and everything
We are sorry but this is more of a declarative statement than a question, you'll need support.

Polgas posted:

Can this guy elaborate on the history of their study of the stars? Mainly when did it start, this is a tradition from the old tales or did they just start within their lifetimes or their grandpa's lifetime? And how big is their astrology group?

"Some within the city have studied the stars since ancient days, that we might divine El's hidden hand through them and benefit from it. Something we would be pleased to share with our new friends and fellow men of art and culture!"

Polgas posted:

Use our star lore and test their knowledge and see if they truly know their stuff.

With a small laugh he says "I am afraid that my own personal interests and talents lay elsewhere, I could not say."

Polgas posted:

Inquire on the presence of any of real deal witches pretending we wanna buy but we've been burned by fakes before so we need confirmation.

He laughs "Of course there are no witches in Nephtarah."

Polgas posted:

Who is the most worshiped melachim and where does smattas rank?

"Xuriel is certainly the most beloved, with perhaps Badoma or Marnal next though Ophama has always been very near and dear to my own heart. Smattas is not especially beloved but still honored."

Polgas posted:

Ask about the slave to citizen ratio of their city.

"That I am afraid I do not know?"

You ask some of the men who came with him, the best answer you get is "not a majority, probably a quarter or less?"

Polgas posted:

Examine the bear and see if it listens to us or we see anything interesting.
It does look at you when you speak but looks tired.

Polgas posted:

Explain in his own words how melachim worship came to his city.

"The Melachim have always been held in great esteem in our city, our customs have simply... grown since they aided us after more recent troubles. But I assure you, El is still held nearest and dearest in all of our hearts! Why, I personally paid for the last renovations of the temple."

Mr. Nemo posted:

Everystrike, would the stones used to build a temple ti Xuriel be useful in the forge?
Your hammer cheerfully tells you "Without a closer examination it is difficult to say!"

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Can we ask Puabi, Obel, Chait and Othniel what they think of the open melachim worship and Xuriel-Temple? Thats a good spectrum of Melachim stances, i feel.
None of the Melachim seem to want to talk about it?

Diogines fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 14, 2024