Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

gingemidget posted:

I have a proposition for you.

Your Griches rolled horribly again, almost certainly due to the presence of my super-old one. I'll trade mine to you (so you can deroster him for next season) in exchange for a PTBNL.

Sure, I was thinking of making you an offer to do just that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Let's put Barry Larkin in at SS. It's looking like the Rod is going to need about 211 games of rest before he can play again.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

gingemidget posted:

I have a proposition for you.

Your Griches rolled horribly again, almost certainly due to the presence of my super-old one. I'll trade mine to you (so you can deroster him for next season) in exchange for a PTBNL.

ForeverBWFC: Same kinda deal for your babby Joe Jackson?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Super-League XVI Week 17 Injury Report

Akabira Confessors
Old Hoss Radbourn (SP) (Ashes to ashes, dust to dust...) - Out for Season

Australian Thunder
Joe Wood (SP) (WHO'S BORED NOW?) - 30 days

Chicago Southpaws
Sandy Koufax (SP) (Far too sinister) - 13 days

New York Winners
Rube Waddell (SP) (This team, man, this team) - Out for Season

South Dakota Marmosets
Joe Nathan (RP) (Came within grab distance of Baker) - 17 days

Pick 'em: TO THE PAIN!

Cruiserweight Championship
Oklahoma City Bombers (c) @ Khartoum Doom

Will the Pirates Lose More then One Game?
Yes or No?

:siren:Free Bonus Content! But it's not about baseball, so feel free to just scroll on down!:siren:

Legion of Super-Heroes (v4) #16

ACTION!

Xalla has fallen to the Khund hordes, and Andromeda is injured. Not Xalla! As far as I know, that's the home of the Space-Gyros! Brainiac 5 does have good news, though! He's traced the Red Terror to a weapon used the Great Wars of the 28th Century. And, for that matter, the rest of the Khundish weaponry is also from the Great Wars as well. Quite how the Khunds got that technology, which was presumed lost in the Great Wars, is unknown. Someone suggests that it might be connected to the infamous Great Demon Mother, goddess of the Khunds, suddenly reappearing immediately prior to the invasions. Brainiac 5 figures that's probably right.

But back to business! The Khunds are going to invade Xolnar or Talok VIII, and the good guys need to figure out which one to defend. Since the Red Terror would not work on Xolnar, due to a thin atmosphere, and Cham's source said that the Khunds were going to attack Talok VIII, everyone agrees they should defend Talok VIII.

On Khundia, warlords conspire to kill the increasingly popular General Kiritan.

Xolnar! Bouncing Boy can't help but notice that a patrol of the students disappeared last issue, which isn't a good sign. But Kent Shakespeare, who is on the scene, assures him that the Khunds would never attack Xolnar, and if they did, he and Mysa are there to back them up. Despite the fact that Mysa is still basically catatonic from her time with Mordru. Jed, some cannon fodder student at the academy, takes exception to that, yelling at Mysa for still pitying herself, and tells her, in so many words, to nut up already! Mysa responds by running away and crying. Duo Damsel yells at Jed for being a dumbass.

Elsewhere, Cosmic Boy sees that Shrinking Violet has gotten a new robot leg. He suggests that it might be a good idea to take some time off so that Vi can get her leg regrown rather than going right back into battle. Shrinking Violet doesn't want to leave the front lines. Cosmic Boy is willing to let her do what she wants, because he's not the type of leader that tells people what to do in the middle of a fight.

Cham's underworld contact meets with Cham again. He has a new plan that involves Andromeda disguising herself as a Khund so that she can get closer to the Demon Mother and find out what's up with that.

Talok VIII! The entire UP fleet is waiting for the Khunds, and Brainiac 5 has a pretty good feeling that things are going to turn around real soon.

Khundia! Cham's underworld pal and the disguised Andromeda are wandering around when the underworld contact almost immediately gets arrested for treason.

The Khund Fleet! General Kiritan receives new orders! He'll be leading a decoy attack on Talok VIII, which will certainly get him killed. Commander Galt will be taking over the invasion of Xolnar with the main fleet.

The Khunds finally attack Xolnar, and the academy students start getting killed as the Khunds attack their main base. Mysa, still trying to be helpful, but incapable of being helpful, tries to patch together a wall with magic, but Jed just grabs her and they run.

The academy students and Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel retreat to an inner keep, and Jed apologizes to Mysa for yelling at her earlier. Everyone admits they're probably going to get killed by the Khunds soon enough. Yes, it will be tragic to lose such great characters like, uh, Jed.

Khundia! Andromeda and the underworld contact get brought before a statue of the demon mother and are ordered to kneel before her. It turns out that the demon mother was Glorith in disguise all along.

Earth! Tyroc looks at the ruins of his destroyed city. On the plus side, he's joined up with the Earth resistance, which includes a bunch of losers from the Legion of Substitute Heroes as well as the second Invisible Kid. They aren't sure exactly what they should be doing. Invisible Kid talks with his wife, Infectious Lass, to discuss the wisdom of forming an alliance with Universo's resistance group.

This gets my vote for being the most impenetrable series of panels in the entire run, since it's literally impossible to piece together what the hell is happening without knowing the finer details of a few comics, that had never been reprinted at the time this issue was published, that came out about 15 years before this comic did.

Okay, let me try and explain. In the late'70s, someone finally realized that the Legion had all of zero non-white members of the team, which was kind of embarrassment, even in the late'70s. So, they introduced Tyroc, a hero from a magical teleporting city where a bunch of escaped slaves had created their own society. Also, the city phased in and out of reality. And he looked like this:

So, between his origin (which, if you believe Mike Grell, who originally drew the character, was the editor's attempt to explain why there where no other black people in Legion, in that all the black people of the world had apparently settled this island), and his costume, Tyroc didn't last long before getting retired. Just like Poochie, he suddenly had to leave because his home city needed him. But now he's back, and his magical island-city has been blown up. I know that sounds really confusing, but, hey, how is that different from every other loving thing in this comic.

New Mexico! Universo dispatches his chief goon, Grinn, who is a dude who's head is invisible except for his smile, to go make sure that they are able to integrate their operations with Invisible Kid's. An agent of the Dark Circle, some villainous empire that never did anything interesting, shows up to note how everything is coming together. Hey, man, I live in desperate hope that things are going to come together too.

Also, there's a text piece on the UP Militia Academy. Which got blown up this issue.

Characters of Note

-Invisible Kid (II)-

Jacques Foccart was a dude whose sister got taken over by Computo, which Brainiac 5 still hadn't quite worked the kinks out of to that point. So he drank a serum that gave him the power to turn invisible, and saved his sister. And then joined the Legion, since they had room for a guy with invisibility powers, since the previous Invisible Kid had been killed a few years previous.

-Infectious Lass-

Had the power to infect people with various diseases, but couldn't quite control her powers. Please, do not make the obvious jokes.

-Universo-

A bald dude with a monacle and a goatee. It might surprise you to learn that such a man was evil. Universo has mind control powers and aspirations to conquer the Earth.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I've heard of Tyroc before, though most I can really remember is that he looked really fabulous. Seems like I remembered that part right. Also, Universo just sounds like Evillo decided that that name was a little bit too overt.

Pick 'Em: Doom take, Pirates don't lose more than one.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Khartoum Doom

No

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Pick 'em: I want an outfit like Tyroc's!

Oklahoma City Bombers (c) @ Khartoum Doom

Yes or No?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Khartoum Doom

Will the Pirates Lose More than One Game?
Yes

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Pick 'em

bombers retain

yes

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

Khartoum Doom

No

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Pick 'em: Bombers retain, yes.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Bombers Retain

No

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Doom sweep, Pirates lose more than 1 game.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Expansion Cup XVII: Preview

"Look upon my works, ye puny, and despair."

:siren: IMPORTANT -- DO NOT PANIC OVER RATINGS. BBM DIAMOND TAKES SOME ADJUSTING FROM BBM2013. AGAIN DO NOT PANIC :siren:

:siren: AGAIN DO NOT PANIC :siren:

Oh gently caress it, you're all gonna panic anyway.

Analysis
Tough rolls on Kaline and Killebrew.

Analysis
Finley and Caminit being the meat of your lineup portends bad news.

Analysis
Easily a favorite to go to the Super League.

Analysis
Your hope is that your deadballers can suppress the slugging of the teams you'll be facing. Let's find out.

Analysis
A better balanced teams than those damned dirty Commies, this will be interesting.

Analysis
I honestly don't know how they'll do. ALSO GET ME A LOGO.

Analysis
I suspect you may end up with a high draft position.

Analysis
Marauder is back on the case, but will his absence mean he's refreshed or rusty?

Analysis
You know, I really couldn't get into Achewood. Looking at this team, I get the same sort of absurdist vibe that renders rational analysis null.

Analysis
This team can be very exciting, just as long as DJ Kitty never takes the field. Cats really can't field well.

Analysis
The 1932 Yankees are an amazing feeder. Also I modeled Satchl Paige on someone...it might be a little too much, but we'll see.

Analysis
The changes you were advised to make paid off.

Analysis
No power, but tons of contact hitting. Let's see if it'll be enough. Also, you have Bobo Newsom listed as both LR and in your minors. If you decide to stick him in the bullpen, you'll have to demote someone.

Analysis
19th century gloves were...well...um...yeah.

I will sim later than usual to allow owners to scramble on changing lineups, as I suspect this will be a billion roster moves. I will also NOT run injury reports the day of the next post because honestly with month-long sims does it really matter?

kw0134 fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 7, 2015

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Bombers retain, Pirates lose more than 1 game.

Replace Sandy Koufax with Warren Spahn

Let's give him another shot. If he fucks up it's Lefty Williams time.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
:siren: Everybody panic :derp:

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Theme by Clay Dreslough, Jr. Age 8

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Mornacale posted:

:siren: Everybody panic :derp:

Way ahead of you!

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

mrnoun posted:

Sure, I was thinking of making you an offer to do just that.

Okay, cool.

Pick-'em: Bombers retain, Pirates lose one or less.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Pickem: Doom wins, Pirates lose more than 1 game.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Spreadsheet

Lineup vs RHP
2B Eddie Collins
CF Brett Butler
DH Manny Ramirez
1B Stan Musial
LF Enos Slaughter
C Wally Schang
RF Richie Zisk
SS Red Schoendienst
3B Home Run Baker

Lineup vs LHP
2B Eddie Collins
DH Stan Musial
1B Joe Carter
LF Manny Ramirez
RF Richie Zisk
SS Julio Franco
CF Chet Lemon
C Brian Downing
3B Home Run Baker

Pitching Staff
SP1 Chief Bender
SP2 Tom Candiotti
SP3 Herb Pennock (L)
SP4 Jack Coombs
SP5 Eddie Plank (L)

CL Mark Huisman
SU Clay Carroll
SR Wilbur Wood (L)
SR Doug Jones
MR Al Brazle (L)
MR Steve Carlton (L)
LR Harry Brecheen (L)

Ballpark - The Dent
Structure: Open
Surface: Artificial Turf

Infield Quality: Excellent
Infield Grass: Very Short
Visibility: Excellent
Foul Ground: Tiny

Left Field: minimum
Left Center Field: minimum
Center Field: maximum
Right Center Field: maximum
Right Field: maximum

:siren: Manually set Errors to the minimum allowed Park Factor.
At Commisar's discretion, feel free to manually crank the AVG park factor as high as you like.

In my copy of BBM13, the park factors are as follows (not adjusted for altitude). Please give me a heads up if there are any significant differences in Diamond.
HR: 58
AVG: 112
2B: 149
3B: 189
K: 86
GIDP: 115
E: 25 (set manually)
which should give an overall park factor in the 105-110 range.

Sliders
Hit & Run: 3
Sac Bunt: -5
Squeeze Play: -1

Extra Bases: 3
Steal Bases: 1
Tag Up: 2

Pitchout: -5
Intentional Walk: -3
Pitch Around: 2

Infield In: -3
Guard Lines: 3
Cutoff Throws: 1

Pinch Hit: 1
Pinch Run: -5
Defensive Subs: -5

Short Rest: -5
Through Trouble: 2
High Counts: -1

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 7, 2015

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Things don't really look insane in the ec considering everything is relative. I will fix my roster soon.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Mornacale posted:

:siren: Manually set Errors to the minimum allowed Park Factor.
At Commisar's discretion, feel free to manually crank the AVG park factor as high as you like.

In my copy of BBM13, the park factors are as follows (not adjusted for altitude). Please give me a heads up if there are any significant differences in Diamond.
HR: 58
AVG: 112
2B: 149
3B: 189
K: 86
GIDP: 115
E: 25 (set manually)
which should give an overall park factor in the 105-110 range.

Why do people keep trying to make me decide how to handle gimmick stadiums?

For the sake of the EC, let's keep the AVG factor limited to 125. That seems like it's fair to everyone.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

never fuckin change, mogul

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
i'm also gonna assume that's AM, because, well, mogul

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Why do people keep trying to make me decide how to handle gimmick stadiums?

For the sake of the EC, let's keep the AVG factor limited to 125. That seems like it's fair to everyone.

Just to be clear, I am not asking whether I can set it higher. I'm telling kw to set it to whatever he deems funnest (I consider him the Commisar of the EC).

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Sub-Par League IV, Week 16: Update Girl, Living in an Update World

Games of the Weak

Frank Gaiman posted:

WITCHES CONTINUE MARCH TO RELEVANCE BEHIND JOSS GEM

Canada - If the Witches are going to get back into the thick of things, they'll need more games like today. Behind the superb arm of Addie Joss, the Salem squad held the Mounties offense in check long enough to get into the (relatively) soft Canada bullpen, scratching a run across and winning 1-0.

In fairness, it's not as if the Witches did much to win this game, either--they just lasted slightly longer than one of the various Mountie Cy Youngs. Starting the 8th, Lee Smith--no slouch himself, but also not someone who has an award for best pitcher named after him--relieved Young. He immediately walked Carl Yastrzemski, and though he got Robin Yount and Nellie Fox immediately thereafter, that brought up Albert Pujols. Pujols didn't miss, rifling a laser into the left field gap, and the runner scored all the way from first.

Joss never looked back--he retired the last 15 men he faced for the complete game shutout.

Yet DannoMack, despite holding a strong divisional lead and typically backhandedly polite in all circumstances, had clearly had enough.

"Look, it's like this," he began. "The Mounties are a superior team. Canada is a superior country. Why, I'll bet that poor schmuck Joss over there doesn't realize he's going to die of tuberculosis because Salem is in America and he'll never get proper health care. Worse, they probably practice trepanation or some nonsense in Salem."

Moose "OT" Loose fired back: "Just give credit where credit's due! You'll probably still win your division and then stop terrorizing all of us with your socialized medicine and relatively more reasonable politicians."

But DannoMack only scoffed. "Yeah, just go away and be a good little friendly neighbor. That's what you Americans always want. You're only willing to put up with us because you like having us as second fiddle, and we don't speak a second language like your neighbors to the south which causes all you racist morons to lose your minds."

"Don't you speak French, too?"

"Yeah, some of us. But that only reinforces the point--the last time that French was relevant in American culture, it was when you idiots were mad at France for having reasonable opinions on world politics, and decided to replace the word "French" with "Freedom" in all your disgusting fattening foods. Have another Big Mac with a side of Freedom Fries as you eat yourself to death and give yourself diabetes with your high fructose corn syrup."

"That's not fair!" shouted Moose. "Not all of us are like that. And if my brief forays into the Canada politics threat are any indication, you have just as much idiocy up there and--"

"No!" DannoMack was uncharacteristically angry. "I've had it with this. The Mounties are a good team. A great team. Canada is going to the top, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Has anyone noticed that the only recaps the Mounties are in are ones where they unexpectedly lose?"

"Well, yes, because nobody likes seeing a winner beat the poo poo out of also-rans. It's not a good storyline."

"Of course it's a good storyline! Look at the Yankees! Or the Harlem Globetrotters! You say you like to root for underdogs, but you really don't. What you want is to see a superman crush his competition. That's what I offer, and you have only to accept me as your future!"

"Yeah, but..."

"But what?"

"But you're just going to get to the Super League and get crushed by the Pirates or the Doom or whatever. Beating the hell out of teams in the Subpar League isn't even that impressive."

"You'll see!" ranted DannoMack. "You'll all see!"

Then he ran out of the room, mumbling something about collecting all the Oberkfells.

GAME NOTES

- Nellie Fox was caught stealing today, but it was his speed that allowed him to run out a potential double play ball in the 8th, and also allowed him to score from 1st on Pujols' double. All told, probably worthwhile.

- One hour, 58 minutes! Just another way the Super-League is better than real baseball.

Box Score

The Pan Man posted:

NOBODY WANTS TO WIN, SOMEONE HAS TO, ENDS UP BEING SAN FRANCISCO OVER APETURE 9-8

San Francisco - In a battle between teams that played well enough to advance in Sub-Par III yet didn't, neither team looked like they wanted the victory within their grasp.

The Scientists gave away a 3-1 lead in the bottom of the fourth, with a newly-inserted Bill Bernhard clone dishing out a infield single to Hank Aaron, an RBI double to Luke Appling, a two run homer to Bobby Doerr, an error that gave Adrian Beltre second base, and finally an RBI single to his counterpart Mel Stottlemyre. The damage left the Scientists on the wrong end of a 5-3 ballgame.

But the Nortons looked at the two run lead they held, looked at the results of Sub-Par III, and realized since they could not win their division they were unworthy of winning ballgames. Stottlemyre gave the hot-hitting Mark McGwire a fastball over the heart of the plate, and McGwire cut the lead to one with a 450+ foot bomb to center.

But Bill Bernhard wouldn't stand for THAT. If any team understood how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, he knew it was the team local fans annointed the Disappointment from Apeture. Three straight hits concluded with an Aaron blast in the bottom of the seventh, and the Nortons' lead grew to four.

The back of the Norton's bullpen has boasted good ERAs, both last year and this year, yet carry some surprisingly high loss totals. Ron Reed's thrown about 125 innings of 3.00 ERA for the Nortons in his tenure, so the good Emperor JosefStalinator could do little more than sob quietly as Reed dutifully gave up two walks and three singles to allow the Scientists to tie the game up at 8 in the top of the eighth inning.

Ultimately though, CraigK had the last laugh. Trying to eke out a bad loss against CraigK is like trying to punch a blind person. You know you can, but you can't bring yourself to do it. Bad losses are the domain of CraigK, and today he had a interesting plan to keep it that way: reliever roulette. He sent Dave Smith, one of his more effective bullpen options, out first.

Beltre singled, then Smith coaxed a Chuck Klein groundout. CraigK then brought in Al Hrabosky.

Cobb flied out, allowing Beltre to take third. A Babe Herman single past a diving Bishop brought him in, and gave the Nortons a one-run edge.

Channeling his inner La Russa, CraigK signalled for Robin Roberts, who ended the inning. His plan to lose held up, as Steve Bedrosian struck out McGwire and got a Josh Gibson grounder to turn into a double play after Edgar Martinez singled.

CraigK appeared rather chipper at his press conference. "I think this is going pretty well. We're on track to perform very well, yet have a bad record. I like our chances."

When asked what he was on track to do, and what the "chances" he mentioned referred to, he winked.

"Well that's my little secret." When the assembled reporterage collectively shrugged, he continued anyway. "Okay, well, it seems like the best shot you have to get a power bat is to draft one in the Super-Draft by having a bad record. What if you had a bad actual record, but your pythagorean suggested you had a very good team? You'd get to draft a superb, elite player, then go on a winning streak to decimate the rest of the division with your even better team!"

"So," offered a reporter, "you're tanking for a better draft spot?"

"Kind of," said CraigK. "Part of it is also dumb luck that I lose so much. I mean, if I could have my pythagorean right now I'd take it, so this is kind of a backup plan."

"so you're trying to repeat what the Direwolves did?" asked one reporter.

"The who? Did what?"

"The Direwolves. They have a pythagorean around .500, but were about 12 or 13 games under .500 when it came time to draft. So they got a Babe Ruth."

"Draft?" asked CraigK. "What do you mean?"

The reporters glanced about uneasily. "The draft already happened. It started weeks ago. You already drafted Lou Gehrig. He's been hitting well for you."

CraigK gave a confused "Huh." He scratched his head some. "So...I probably SHOULDN'T be trying to lose then. I'm gonna need to think about this some. It just seems so counter-intuitive to try to succeed."

Emperor JosefStalinator was in quite a different mood. He was throwing out challenges to the Jobbers, taking the mic from a reporter to let Armitage know he would find him in the garage, and take him down a peg or two no doubt about it. Armitage, understanding his role as eternal jobber, glumly accepted that he would in the end cede the division back to the Nortons.

GAME NOTES

- The Scientists' offense is very good. All positions, except for 2B, boast solid numbers. Mark McGwire's doing especially fantastic, his OPS is at .933 after today's game.

- CraigK's pitching is just not clicking though. Probably time to swap out Hrabosky, maybe give Shocker some more opportunity. Maybe consult a gypsy to get that curse removed.

- Nortons seem pretty comfortable a few games above .500 this year. Not a good place to be in the Sub-Par unless you really like getting a little exercise in the Gauntlet every season. They need to go on a run.

Box Score

Mick Freese posted:

AUROCHS REMAIN IN CONTENTION, HOLDING OFF GENERICS 2-0

The Isle of Besaid - It's been a strange season for the Aurochs. Their lineup has been inconsistent, and their run prevention, whether it be bad pitching or bad defense, has just been bad. And yet against all odds, they came into tonight's game just a few games out of the division, with a chance, however small, of attaining that coveted spot in Super-League XVII.

So it was a bit of a surprise for viewers watching this game, not because of the result, but how it happened. Barry Bonds would dinger off of Al Orth in the first inning, and that would be all that Bob Gibson would need tonight. Gibson, who has struggled so mightily this season, had his best stuff tonight. He would twice get into jams, with two men on base, but each time got out of it. Gibson's line would end up being 7 shutout innings, striking out 5 and only allowing 4 hits, and yet again, the Aurochs would pick up an improbable win.

"This has gotta be the greatest moment of my life, brudda," declared a proud Wakka after the game. "Ya know, I been coaching this team for ten years now. Ten years... and we never won a game." When reporters noted that this game was, in fact, the 43rd win of the current season for the Aurochs, Wakka responded "Brudda, winning and losing doesn't matter to me. As long as we try our best. I know we'll win one day, we just gotta believe in ourselves."

kw0134 was less pleased with the result. "This is a more devastating blow to our team than you may know. Not to our chances of catching the Mounties, you know there was no chance of that anyway. But now we're 3 games away from .500. Three games... it hasn't been this many in a long time. I'm not entirely sure what will happen." kw0134 was asked to elaborate. "Well, the thing is, after a long series of wacky, sitcom-like occurences, to make a long story short, I was forced to delegate the day-to-day management of the Generics to an NFL Blitz arcade game. And well, when things start to get too far in favor of one side, the game doesn't like it very much..."

The sound of an explosion was then heard throughout the building, and the next two days' starters, Pete Alexander and Bob Tewksbury, ran screaming through the room with blood pouring from their pitching arms. kw0134 just shook his head gravely. "I told you so."

GAME NOTES

- This recap is the least canon of any recap in history.

- Phil Nevin struck out three times. Also, he is Phil Nevin.

- Did you know? Barry Bonds led the league in intentional walks 12 times. So while he will draw his share of walks in the Super-League, he probably will never reach the absurd heights he did in MLB, because Super-League owners are not scared diaper-wearing babies, as all MLB managers are.

Box Score

Team Statistics

Analysis

Another week of scoring more than you allow. Just a shocking lack of clutchness.

Analysis

Just look at the Aurochs' Spirit!

Analysis

See, your best guy has 10 home runs. That's not good at this point in the season.

Analysis

Unimpressive as always.

Analysis

See, a little-known side effect of your current defensive alignment is that it causes you to give up lots of runs.

Analysis

All the players are sad. They want Bubbles back.

Analysis

You'll have to do better than that!

Analysis

The Jobbers are fine.

Analysis

That trade you did won't take effect until the season is over.

Analysis

Can the Oldest Cy really lead the Mounties out of the Worst League? He's only pitching like 6 innings per game at this point.

Analysis

Clean up that pythag, it's not generic enough.

Analysis

San Francisco is siphoning your Tiant Energy.

Analysis

I find your infield wanting.

Analysis

Still hanging around .500. Old Babe needs to pick up the pace.

Analysis

This is not Murphin' good.

Analysis

Okay, you just need like two more Babes Ruth. Or, not Graig Nettles.

Standings

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

lindy McDaniel was a trick! I thought we were friends, TheMcD!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Let the bullpen shuffling continue!

Send down:

Paul Assenmacher
Michael Jackson to the DL, but he is probably staying in AAA.

Call up:

Pedro Borbon
Jesse....

What?

What are you doing???

GET OUT OF MY HHHHEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Denny Rainwater

Bullpen:

Closer: Trevor Hoffman
Setup: Dan Quisenberry
Short Relief: Pedro Borbon
Short Relief: Denny Rainwater
Middle Relief: Lindy McDaniel
Long Relief: Burt Hooton

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

FairGame posted:

lindy McDaniel was a trick! I thought we were friends, TheMcD!

cram it, division leader

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
WHY CAN'T MY TEAM CATCH YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

CC in at #3 and drop down Andy to the minors please.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

CraigK posted:

never fuckin change, mogul
The latest version of Mogul uses time zones for some inexplicable reason, and as The Gay Agenda is based in Melbourne, Australia, well, let's just say that even in Australia they get screwed by American television habits.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

CraigK posted:

WHY CAN'T MY TEAM CATCH YOU

Look, we both know how this ends, given our respective pythags.

with us killing each other in the Gauntlet while the Aurochs promote

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

FairGame posted:

Look, we both know how this ends, given our respective pythags.

with us killing each other in the Gauntlet while the Aurochs promote

hell yes :hf:

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
:getin: The Completely Un-Asked-For Expansion Cup Preview, By A Guy Who Hasn't Played SuperLeague In 7 Seasons :getin:

Hello friends! It's time, once again, for the best part of the SuperLeague: the Expansion Cup! Be amused amazed at the desperation ingenuity of newbie owners, struggling to create viable teams out of scraps. Welcome back lovable scamps like Marauder Archie Goodwin (now with only one team!) and myself (still with totally needless micromanagement!)! Get irrationally attached to players with no SuperLeague pedigree, as they burn bright against inferior competition before being exposed to the harsh reality of seven thousand copies of top 10 players in baseball history. Watch in rapt attention to see who will win this season's EC prize, and find out whether they'll get a New Hoss or a Candy Cummings!

It's worth noting, before we get all Preview-y, that this Expansion Cup is special. Yes, that's right, it's being simmed in the newest version of Baseball Mogul, Baseball Mogul Diamond. So who knows how useful BBM13 sims and meticulous SL-R use will be--I'll be including the rolls in my preview because at least they give us some idea of how new Mogul thinks. The ratings are wild any anything can happen! All this and more, in Expansion Cup Whatever Number LOL If You Think I'm Looking It Up!!!

Part I: The Terrible League Whose Owners Are All Nerds (No DH)

First, the Reagan League, which contains the seven teams who expressed a preference for playing without the Designated Hitter. Choosing to not have a DH in the Expansion Cup is literally nothing but harmful to you, and everyone in this league should be ashamed of themselves. It's truly shameful that one of these inferior minds will bypass the likes of myself for a berth in SuperLeague XVII. Anyway, let's meet this cast of rogues and scofflaws:

Achewood Stoned Lightning, owner Captain Yesterday. I am pretty sure that Captain Yesterday made this team while stoned and shortly after being struck by lightning. Heyoooo!
Alethkar Shardblades, owner johnfw50. I don't know who this guy is, but I understand that he's a returning owner. He made a trade with me and then graciously reversed it when we were allowed to switch feeders around. Thanks again, John!
Antigua Unspecifieds, owner blackmongoose. Blackmongoose returns with another iteration of the Unspecifieds, seeking to recapture the magic of Antarctica rather than the...whatever the Bloomington Bullseyes were.
The Gay Agenda, owner inky101. Inky is new to the SuperLeague, and there's only one thing on their agenda: WINS.
Oventje's Decroux!, owner BagOfDucks. BagOfDucks is another new SuperLeague player, also courtesy of Monicro. I choose to believe this team is named after Joseph Ducreux:

South Shore Gumshoes, owner Marauder Archie Goodwin. The first case for the Gumshoes: where is Detective Don Slaught?
Upstate Highlanders, owner Tadashi. Tadashi has had three teams in the SuperLeague, and all three of them have finished their first season in the first round of the Gauntlet? Can they do better this time?

Let's look at the positions!!!!!!!!!

C
1. UPS - 1932 Gabby Hartnett (87 OVR)
2. ALE - 1910 Roger Bresnahan (74/78) -> 2003 Jason Kendall (89)
3. SSG - 1956 Roy Campanella (82)
4. ANT - 1973 Darrell Porter (75/83)/1982 Lance Parrish (82)
5t. GAY - 1971 Dick Dietz (83)
5t. OV! - 1961 Ed Bailey (80)
7. ASL - 1907 Johnny "Noisy" Kling (78)

Hartnett is the only one of these catchers who can really be said to have a good track record in the SuperLeague. johnfw50 said he wanted Bresnahan to start, but now that he's staring down a 74/78 roll I think we'll see Jason Kendall's league-best OVR. Campanella is a Hall of Famer but has never been a lot to speak of in the SL. Blackmongoose's platoon plans went awry as Porter's young age mixed with Mogul Diamond's hatred for non-prime players. Neither Dick Dietz nor Ed Bailey is SuperLeague caliber, but both should be playable in the EC (and Dietz could surprise us, he could really hit). Johnny Kling has all the fielding prowess of a 1907 player, and all the hitting prowess of someone with a career 100 OPS+.

1B
1. UPS - 1932 Rogers Hornsby (90 OVR)
2. OV! - 1995 JI
JIM THOME (87)
3. ANT - 1999 Carlos Delgado (89)
4. GAY - 1971 Willie McCovey (86)
5. SSG - 1995 Don Mattingly (83)/1956 Gil Hodges (86)
6. ASL - 2008 Launch Ballman
7. ALE - 1956 Harmon Killebrew (68/90)

Did I mention that Mogul Diamond doesn't like young players? Well, welcome to the world of 1956 Harmon Killebrew, noted 20-year-old. Alethkar is in big trouble if these rolls are meaningful--probably they need to use that Dave Parker in the minors. On the other end of the spectrum, 2008 Load Bearingwall may be too old to do much for the Stoned Lightning, and Mattingly will probably be better for the Gumshoes if they get in a BBM13 sim. The other four have better rolls, and all have had SuperLeague success to one extent or another. Hornsby is the best, then you can rank young Jimmer, prime Delgado, and old McCovey depending on how you think Diamond will feel about their ages.

2B
1. ASL - 1970 Joe Morgan (89/91 OVR)
2. ALE - 1981 Bill Madlock (88)
3. SSG - 1956 Jim Gilliam (88)
4. OV! - 1995 Carlos Baerga (88)
5. UPS - 1993 Lou Whitaker (77) -> 1932 Billy Herman (87/95)
6. ANT - 1982 Lou Whitaker (79)
7. GAY - 1927 Buddy Myer (75/82)

Could Baseball Mogul Diamond be the version that finally gives Joe Morgan the love he deserves? Captain Yesterday hopes so. Three different 2Bs rolled 88, and they are ordered by the time-tested method of Pirates player > Marauder > *. Upstate's Lou Whitaker is too old, and I suspect they've glitched Antigua's younger version into uselessness. The Highlanders, fortunately, have a replacement in Billy Herman, though I'm a little skeptical since he's 22. The Gay Agenda will be punting 2B in this EC.

3B
GAY - 1986 George Brett (86)
OV! - 1984 Mike Schmidt (83)
ANT - 1996 Ken Caminiti (78)/1982 Howard Johnson (73/85)
UPS - 1993 Travis Fryman (84)
ASL - 1970 Doug Rader (81/83)
SSG - 1995 Wade Boggs (78)/1932 Willie Kamm (80)
ALE - 1922 Pie Traynor (72)

Hall of Famers George Brett and Mike Schmidt are the class of this league's 3B crop, though since Mogul Hates Third Base their ratings are still mediocre. I'll take the higher-rolling 33-year-old Brett over the lower 34-year-old Schmidt. Caminiti's roll is dire, but he's only 33 this season and in the middle of a huge offensive tear in real life; HoJo might not be much help. Fryman and Rader are wholly unimpressive, but they take 3rd and 4th by default since they're young (give Tejada a shot, Cap!). Marauder counted on Mogul's love for Boggs to solidify his 3B position, but didn't count on Diamond being unwilling to make a 37-year-old any good; he'll have to hope the rating is outweighed by Mogul's arcane mechanics. Baby Pie Traynor is not working out; Madlock could play here, with Vidro at 2B.

SS
1. OV! - 1961 Harvey Kuenn (87 OVR)
2. ALE - 1954 Harvey Kuenn (85/91)
3. ASL - 1970 Dennis Menke (86)
4. SSG - 1995 Derek Jeter (82/95)
5. ANT - 1982 Alan Trammell (82)
6. UPS - 1993 Alan Trammell (81)
7. GAY - 2006 Omar Vizquel (72)

A tale of two clones at the shortstop position: 23- and 30-year-old Harvey Kuenn play nice together, and are the class of the league(!!!). Meanwhile, 35-year-old Alan Trammell is (I think) dragging down his 24-year-old counterpart. Possibly part of a nefarious plot by Tadashi to destroy blackmongoose. Among non-clones, Dennis Menke looks okay, though I doubt he'll play in SL. Little babby Derek Jeter is doing his very best, but Marauder needs him to learn on the job quickly. The Gay Agenda will be punting SS in this EC.

LF
1. UPS - 1987 Tim Raines (87)
2. ALE - 1952 Ralph Kiner (93)
3. OV! - 1961 Orlando Cepeda (91/93)
4. ASL - 1907 Frank Schulte (76) -> 2008 Hunter Pence (93)
5. GAY - 2006 Barry Bonds (73)
6. SSG - 1995 Darryl Strawberry (83)/1932 Joe Vosmik (84/94)
7. ANT - 1996 Tony Gwynn (82)

Rolls aside, Raines is the class of this group as far as SuperLeague goes, and he's in his prime. Cepeda has been better than Kiner in the SuperLeague, but he's only 23 in '61, so the 29-year-old Kiner gets the edge here. Captain Yesterday will likely cast aside Frank Schulte for Hunter Pence's tremendous roll (perhaps with Pence in RF and Sheckard here in left). I believe in Barry, but Diamond might think he's cooked by 2006; this will be a big test case of the new game. Strawberry wasn't really exciting by '95, and Vosmik is just 22 (and never really hit that well anyway). Gwynn is another casualty of age.

CF
1. SSG - 1956 Duke Snider (93)
2. OV! - 1961 Willie Mays (94)
3. ASL - 1970 Jim Wynn (88)
4. GAY - 1927 Tris Speaker (81) or 1971 Willie Mays (91)
5. UPS - 1950 Richie Ashburn (83/90)
6. ANT - 1996 Steve Finley (76)/1982 Kirk Gibson (76/81)
7. ALE - 1954 Al Kaline (69/90)

Duke Snider is the best pickup from the great '56 Dodgers, and he headlines a mostly-strong group of CFs with Oventje's Willie Mays right behind. Jim Wynn was an excellent player, but he's not quite in that stratosphere. The Gay Agenda appears to include "old CFs", but a bank error in their favor has resulted in 40-year-old Willie Mays picking up a 91 roll; it remains to be see how long that can last. Richie Ashburg is just too young in 1950, and '54 Al Kaline is another disastrous roll for johnfw50's Shardblades. I hereby dub the Finley/Gibson platoon "12 and a Half Feet Of poo poo".

RF
1t. GAY - 1927 Goose Goslin (93)
1t. ALE - 2002 Vladimir Guerrero (94)
3. OV! - 1995 Manny Ramirez (90)
4. SSG - 1995 Paul O'Neill (90)/1956 Carl Furillo (82)
5. ASL - 1907 Jimmy Sheckard (84)
6. ANT - 1982 Kirk Gibson (76/81)/1982 Chet Lemon (81/85)
7. UPS - 1932 Riggs Stephenson (82)

All three of Goose Goslin (honk honk!), Vladdy, and Manny are super cool. I have Goslin and Vlad tied for first: Goose tends to be a bit more consistent, Guerrero has higher potential. Both those guys are in their prime years, so Manny is a close third since he's young. Nobody in the rest of the league is really SL-caliber. Marauder's glad O'Neill is the big half of his platoon. Jimmy Sheckard was good but not SL good. Kirk Gibson should not be playing every day, and I'm afraid blackmongoose's Chet Lemon is now the victim of a bug from my own version. Riggs Stephenson isn't good enough, but I think Tadashi could do better if he uses a bench OF instead.

BENCH
1. OV! - C 1961 Bob Schmidt (78), 1B/2B 1961 Willie McCovey (84), IF 1998 Jose Valentin (82), LF 1995 Albert Belle (91), CF 1995 Kenny Lofton (88), OF 1995 Brian Giles (83)
2. ALE - C (see above), 1B 1910 Ed Konetchy (72/78), SS 1922 Rabbit Maranville (81), LF 2003 Brian Giles (82), OF 1959 Bob Allison (70/83), OF 1946 Stan Spence (83)
3. UPS - C 1993 Mickey Tettleton (80), 2B (see above), IF Hubie Brooks (83), UT 1993 Tony Phillips (80), LF 1950 Del Ennis (87), OF 1932 Kiki Cuyler (86), OF 1993 Eric Davis (87)
4. SSG - C 1995 Jorge Posada (82), IF 1995 Tony Fernandez (82), 1B platoon, 3B platoon, LF platoon, RF platoon
5. ASL - C 1979 Alan Ashby (76), 1B Frank Chance (84), 2B Johnny Evers (77/79), SS Miguel Tejada (88), LF (see above), OF Jose Cruz (83)
6. ANT - 1B 1982 John Wockenfuss (73), LF 1996 Rickey Henderson (75), OF 1973 Dave May (85), C platoon, 3B platoon, CF/RF platoon
7. GAY - C 1986 Jim Sundberg (72), 1B 1927 Joe Judge (79), SS 1927 Ossie Bluege (79/82), CF (see above), OF 1927 Sam Rice (75), OF 1986 Bo Jackson (70/78)

Benches are boring, and in the EC they're largely terrible. Ducreux! is the best thanks to Belle and Lofton, then Alethkar due to the Dave Parker hidden in the minors. The Highlanders have some good OF rolls, the Lightning a useful piece in Tejada, and the Gumshoes are doing some platoons. Antigua and the Agenda are dire situations.

SP1

1t. GAY - 1971 Juan Marichal (90)
1t. OV! - 1961 Juan Marichal (90)
3. ASL - 1907 Orval Overall (86)
4t. SSG - 1932 Wes Ferrell (84/89)
4t. UPS - 1950 Robin Roberts (83/89)
6. ANT - 1999 Roy Halladay (76/93)
7. ALE - 1922 Babe Adams (74)

Juan Marichal is really good, and both versions have the exact same roll. Orval Overall isn't that great, but this group isn't. Wes Ferrell and Robin Roberts will depend on player growth. Baby Roy Halladay has potential, but that's all. Babe Adams is a truly great SuperLeague pitcher, but he's 40 years old in 1922; another big age-related hit to Alethkar.

SP2
1. GAY - 1971 Gaylord Perry (91)
2. ASL - 1907 Three Fingers Brown (92)
3. ANT - 1920 Eppa Rixey (90)
4. SSG - 1956 Sandy Koufax (62/77) -> 1995 Andy Pettitte (91)
5. ALE - 2002 Javier Vazquez (86/93)
6. OV! - 1995 Charles Nagy (86)
7. UPS - 1987 Dennis Martinez (74) -> 1932 Lon Warneke (83/92) or 1932 Bobo Newsom (81)

More like the Gaylord Agenda imo. Captain Yesterday knows Three Fingers tends to disappoint in the SL. Eppa Rixey is the real ace of the Unspec staff. Marauder's baby Koufax had a truly apocalyptic roll, but luckily he has young Pettitte stashed in the minors. Javier Vazquez is possibly the best pitcher on the Shardblades, so...yeah. Charles Nagy is not a SuperLeague player. Tadashi needs to ditch that terrible Martinez for a random old-timey guy and hope.

SP3
1. ASL - 1907 Jack Pfeister (81) -> Larry Dierker (86/94)
2. GAY - 1927 Walter Johnson (82)
3. UPS - 1932 Pat Malone (84)
4. SSG - 1956 Don Drysdale (75/94)
5t. ALE - 1959 Camilio Pascual (77/85)
5t. ANT - 1999 Chris Carpenter (79/82)
7. OV! - 1995 Orel Hershiser (79)

Okay, look, people, BBM Diamond does not like old dudes or rookies. And, notably, it looks like the end of the "every random guy on a pre-1950 rotation rolls 88+" era. What a shitshow.

SP4
1. ASL - 1979 J.R. Richard (92)
2. GAY - 1927 Stan Coveleski (76) -> 1986 David Cone (88)
3. ANT - 1982 Jack Morris (86/88)
4. SSG - 1932 Mel Harder (71/80) -> 1995 Jack McDowell (86)
5t. UPS - 1932 Charlie Root (84)
5t. ALE - 1922 Reb Russell (84)
7. OV! - 1984 Steve Carlton (75)

Richard could be the best pitcher in this league. Coveleski is too old, so he should be replaced by Cone, who is good. Jack Morris could be the second-best pitcher on his team. Mel Harder should try softer. Root and Russell are rando pre-war guys. Carlton is also too old, but has no obvious replacement.

SP5
Oh god I'm so scared. Help me.

1. SSG - 1995 David Cone (89)
2. ASL - 2008 Roy Oswalt (90)
3. ALE - 1910 Vic Willis (89)
4. GAY - 1986 Bret Saberhagen (87)
5. UPS - 1993 David Wells (82)
6. ANT - 1999 David Wells (79)
7. OV! - 1984 Jerry Koosman (70)

Oh, hey, a lot of real pitchers here. Cone is a legit SL pitcher. Oswalt can be, but generally is shaky. Willis isn't so great for the SL, but will be good here. Saberhagen is the best of these, but this one is very young. Wells sucks. Koosman REALLY sucks.

BULLPEN
1. SSG - 1995 Mariano Rivera (89/93), 1995 John Wetteland (85), 1995 Bob Wickman (82), 1995 Steve Howe (76), 1956 Clem Labine (78), 1932 Mel Harder (71/80)
2. ASL - 1979 Joe Sambito (86), 2008 Jose Valverde (83), 1970 George Culver (82), 1970 Jim Ray (80), 1979 Bert Roberge (73/76), 2008 Wandy Rodriguez (78)
3. UPS - 1987 Andy McGaffigan (84), 1987 Joe Hesketh (84), 1987 Tim Burke (81), 1993 Mike Henneman (80), 1987 Neal Heaton (74)
4. ANT - 1920 Lee Meadows (86), 1982 Dave Rozema (84), 1996 Trevor Hoffman (82), 1996 Tim Worrell (82), 1999 Graeme Lloyd (76), 1999 Paul Quantrill (73)
5. GAY - 1986 Dan Quisenberry (80), 1927 FIRPO (80), 2006 Brian Wilson (77/80), 2006 Steve Kline (76), 2006 Matt Cain (81/93), 1927 Stan Coveleski (76)
6. ALE - 1922 Wilbur Cooper (88), 1981 Kent Tekulve (80), 1946 Dutch Leonard (79), 1946 Bobo Newsom (80), 1954 Early Wynn (76), 1959 Jim Kaat (72/76)
7. OV! - 1984 Al Holland (82), 1995 Jose Mesa (80), 1984 Larry Andersen (77), 1998 Mike Myers (75), 1998 Doug Jones (71), 1995 Dennis Martinez (69) NICE

The 1995 Yankees had a good bullpen, unlike all of these teams.

tl;dr
The Achewood Stoned Lightning are punting C and 1B, but the rest of their lineup is mostly alright and they probably have the league's best pitching staff.
The Alethkar Shardblades had a risky strategy, and they got absolutely decimated by the new Mogul's hatred for young and old players. They can try to patch things together, but I expect them to really struggle.
The Antigua Unspecifieds weren't a great team to begin with, and then had three decent players dragged underwater by very young/old doppelgangers on other teams.
The Gay Agenda have no middle infield and basically no depth, but if they can somehow stay healthy and get a good year out of ancient Willie Mays, their OF and rotation could drag them into the SuperLeague.
Oventje's Ducreux! have the most complete lineup in this league, but also probably feature the worst pitching. They'll need some help if they're going to win.
The South Shore Gumshoes are making the best of the talent they have, but I'm just not sure if that talent will get them where they want to go.
The Upstate Highlanders are the Decroux! writ small: a pretty good offense, pretty bad pitching.

Prediction
1. Achewood Stoned Lightning
2. The Gay Agenda
3. South Shore Gumshoes
4. Oventje's Decroux!
5. Upstate Highlanders
6. Alethkar Shardblades
7. Antigua Unspecifieds

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:
Pickem: Doom wins, Pirates lose 1 game or less.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Mornacale posted:

Charles Nagy is not a SuperLeague player.

i tried to warn him

quote:

[23:22] <Monicro> i still pity ur charles nagy allegiance but that is a mistake u must learn from urself so ya that looks good
[23:22] <BagOfDucks> shutup
[23:22] <BagOfDucks> scrub
[23:22] <Monicro> fuk u
[23:22] <BagOfDucks> he's my hope
[23:22] <BagOfDucks> he's the guy
[23:22] <BagOfDucks> you just wait and see
[23:23] <BagOfDucks> also hopefully it'll give fodder to #thesuperleague to complain about
[23:23] <BagOfDucks> so that'll be good

Monicro fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jun 7, 2015

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
also

Bombers Retain

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Monicro posted:

i tried to warn him

Charles Nagy is also unironically one of the better SPs in that league, soooooo :stonk: