Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

NullBlack posted:

I feel like I'm missing something; why is the gun labelled?

Agent K
you're misrememberiing, I didn't find any alieens... it's so disappointiing... D.A.D.'s just a cyboorg, T.Hinman's just tall and skiiny, and the 'intruuders' are just Bishop being boored and jumping at shadoows... Thanks for the books, thoough...

don't you dare go the other direction and rat on T.Hinman, Kaori. If they couldn't see through T.Hinman's masterful acting, that's on them.

:allears: Amazing as always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Literature—309.08—The Red Shoes

Music: Lobby

I put Hod into Mars because I didn't remember what The Red Shoes did, and Mars has better resistances than Walter does.

Medea, meanwhile, will be demonstrating the power of Olga today. Normally Gamble would be used over Fierce Onslaught, but I like Fierce Onslaught with Literature's Abnormality Pages more.

Miss Hod… I'll accept that you agreed to help Angela, but does that really mean we just have to do whatever she says?

That's the way it is. Try to think of her as the new manager.

I wasn't a fan of the old one either, to be honest… But I'll trust you, if nothing else.

I appreciate it. We're ready, Angela.

Very well. I look forward to your success.

We'll do our best.

SNAP

Music: AbnormalityBattle01

This one again… I remember having to put down a few employees who got on the wrong side of it.

Maybe they won't try and allure us since they're currently being worn?

Let's hope so. This body hasn't gone through the training I usually put in.

The Red Shoes posted:

This glamour should be mine alone.

The red is so vivid, isn’t it simply dazzling?

Words cannot describe the bloodstained magnificence.

When there are no feet left to wear these shoes, then…

I want a more sanguine hue of red… more luscious. Would you give it to me?

Our opponent today is split into two targets, the Left and Right Shoe. As usual, the first thing to do is check out their stats.

The Left Shoe only uses this page, which inflicts Bleed on hit. Because the rolls are relatively high, more times than not it'll get through and inflict Bleed on whoever is targeted. Its Speed Die is always a 6, which is higher than we can currently roll without buffs.

The Right Shoe uses one of two pages, both of which have effects when targeting opponents with Bleed. Bursting Desire is one of them, which recovers a nice chunk of HP on hitting. Its passive forces it to target a Librarian with Bleed if one is available. Its Speed Die is always a 1, which is lower than we can currently roll without debuffs.

Effectively, this fight is a glorified "Do you know how to redirect attacks?" check.

While I do know how to redirect attacks, the same can't be said for basic controls. Right now, I'm clashing with Medea's Wait Up!, which is not suited to deal with that Bursting Desire. By selecting the die we can swap it to Daring Decision up there, so I do that with the Tab button. However, I then want to clear all the information from the top of the screen. There isn't a button to do that on keyboard.

So my brain decides the correct answer is to just push Space, because that'll definitely. fix it.

So maybe I should… or maybe…

They're coming!

What?! But I'm not ready yet—

That was… unfair.

That's the story of how I completely forgot to have Hod move on the first turn by pushing the wrong button. :lobcorp:

On the bright side, Medea's Daring Decision/Wait Up! combo knocks the Right Shoe for a loop. This does leave her without a hand, but that's where Olga wants to be anyways.

Unfortunately, both our draws are Daring Decision. This is fine, as we only need to intercept the Right Shoe before it can target Hod and gain back a lot of its health.

Hod fully commits to targeting the Left Shoe, and I'm praying for good (or bad!) rolls to get her Emotion Level up a bit.

Medea takes the hit from the Left Shoe, giving her Bleed next turn. It's worth noting that this Bleed won't activate the passive abilities on the Right Shoe's pages—they only turn on when the Bleed is active, not when it's about to be active on the next turn.

Nice try, but you're not getting around me!

Not that it matters, as Medea stops all three attacks from the Right Shoe cold with Daring Decision.

Hod, meanwhile, lands enough emotion coins to get a Light refund as well.

It's time again. I feel it.

Then I'll borrow its power.

It should work better with your techniques right now, anyways.

The Right Shoe is on its last leg, so this turn is a good time to finish it off.

Hod pulls the attack from Right Shoe. Obsession is the other page from Right Shoe, and it gains +5 Power if it's clashing with an enemy with Bleed.

This frees up Medea to go all in on it with two Fierce Onslaughts at +2 Power.

Hod does have to eat the one-sided attack from the Left Shoe...

I'm not sure where you grew those strange legs from...

But this just frees Medea up to Stagger the remaining one.

But take them and get out of here!

It falls the same turn, due to the hideous damage output of Olga's Key Page at +2 Power.

This leaves us with one shoe that can use only a single die, on a single page, against two fully capable librarians at full Light, with mostly full hands and four times the plays per turn.

We've got them, now.

Yes… Good job so far.

Let's just wrap things up quickly.

The Red Shoes doesn't have any more tricks to show off, so we do just that. :v:

The Red Shoes are ultimately a test of whether or not we understand how attack redirection works. We do, so they're basically a snoozefest—though Olga's page makes them even more of a joke through its raw power.

VIDEO
Music: HodStory

Hi, Roland. You’re working hard as always.

You tell me. If only our Miss Head Librarian could appreciate all this hard work with a huge reward or anything.

How are you doing with Angela by the way?

Eh, so-so I guess? She can be scary at times, but I can live with it.

Angela seemed to be the most comfortable when she was talking with you.

Really? To be fair, all the librarians I’ve met so far did seem to despise Angela.

I’ve been thinking, and I don’t think I can follow that. I’d have to loathe Angela with all my being, but I just can’t get myself to bear any unconditional hatred towards her.

Oh boy, that took a turn. I’m guessing it’s because Angela has her fair share of tragic history and stuff?

That’s right. Everyone has their own stories. Even if someone is committing bad things right now… I don’t want to judge them based on solely the snippets I see of them.

So I try to understand them in depth.

Man, you’re an angel. I wish Yesod and Netzach were half as kind as you.

Hmm, dunno about that. “Kind” and “good” aren’t exactly one and the same.

Is that so? I wasn’t really a good person, you see.

Oh, is this about your first and second lives? I remember Malkuth talking about ‘em.

I see, that’s how Malkuth put it. Yeah, you’re right. My first life was a tragic one.

That seems to be the case with everyone here. You were all doing research to “cure” humanity, right?

So many people were killed because of me…

Huh? You’re admittedly pretty good at fighting as a librarian, but you don’t smell like a serial killer or anything.

I snitched to the Head. About the experiments we were doing, and about the atrocious things we were committing. They sent an Arbiter to the laboratory and killed so many of my colleagues.

When I heard the news, I couldn’t take it anymore, so I… took my own life.

What happened there…?

I had to watch as Malkuth, Yesod, and Netzach died horrible deaths in that laboratory. And what happened to a young boy who participated in the experiment… That’s not all. We injected people with drugs and recorded the changes and side effects they made…

Within the City?

No, the laboratory was in the Outskirts. To avoid the Head and its Eyes.

Hmm…

Now you can see that I’m not a good person at all, right?

Nope, it’s not that. I’m frowning because there’s one thing about this story I don’t understand.

This part doesn’t make sense… Are you really sure it was an Arbiter?

That’s what I heard… It matches what I learned in Lobotomy Corp. during my second life, too.

Hnngh. It’s still too hard for me to believe.

You’re pondering over odd things, Roland. I thought you’d lambast me for being a traitor.

Well, betrayals happened on a daily basis where I used to live. Besides, real betrayals tend to be a whole lot more cruel. Are you from one of the Nests, Hod?

Yeah. I was born in a Nest, and went to a school in a Nest.

And the other librarians are too?

Most of them are. There’s one from the Backstreets, and one from the Outskirts, but that’s about it.

drat, you guys were all elites, huh. I gotta wonder how you ended up living such miserable lives. And you all had the drive to leave behind the comfort of living in a Nest for a research facility in the Outskirts. That must’ve taken some determination. My bad for calling you a bunch of spineless snobs.

We were full of passion, too. Which I ended up betraying…

That means the reason you can’t blindly hate Angela was mostly an excuse for yourself?

I guess. I made a huge mistake once, but…

I wanna be better now. I want to become a better person. I’m sure everyone wants to. At the same time, a part of my mind still can’t forgive Angela.

Music: StoryJinji

You’re holding up much better than I expected.

Of course we are! Did you really think we’d go to sleep just because you told us to?

However, it is only a matter of time.

Hrk… And time is what matters to you most right now.

The regenerators are at their limits, too…

I put up with the play for such a long time, I could pass a day or two in an instant. But the last two days have felt so long and slow.

Angela, your filthy deed born out of your personal desire shall never be brought to fruition.

The circumstances are no longer the same as before, Gebura. I am now aware of the existence of E.G.O and its capabilities.

All employees from the Welfare and Disciplinary Teams have fallen…

You’ll never get to spread the light for those seven days you all planned. It would last… hmm, perhaps four days at most? And I’d be left with only two or three days’ worth of light for myself. In any case, none of us will have won this battle.

What is your point…?

…I want to live, you see.

Music: HodStory

Sephirot?

Oh, that’s what the librarians were called back in Lobotomy Corp. The nine librarians sleeping on each floor, you know.

I see. Yeah, the ones I met didn’t seem too happy with this job. I guess that’s why you all hate Angela so much.

Me, Malkuth, Yesod, Netzach, and Hokma were the ones opposing her offer.

That means the other four approved it. Angela wasn’t completely alone, huh.

To be fair, they weren’t actively supporting it… It was more of a deferral.

One sec. Why were you against her offer if you thought she could eventually become a better being?

It’s silly, I know… Even in the middle of that, I was thinking I could repent for my sins with death.

Yep. The whole thing was meant to end with us shutting down, falling into an eternal slumber knowing that our long-desired wish was fulfilled.

Geez, you were all ready to really accept a morbid fate like that?

You’re always surprised over the oddest details, Roland. I thought you’d blame me for running away from my problems, even at the end.

Nah, that’s a totally natural reaction in my opinion. I’m not a very strong or spirited person, so I get why you’d do that. So, in summary, you objected to Angela’s offer at first because you wanted to forfeit your own life as the last step of your atonement, but now that you had some time to think things over, you’re willing to give Angela a chance?

Yeah, that’s about right. It was a rather heavy topic for me, but you summed it up neatly.

Well, things are bound to seem lighter from an outsider’s perspective.

Thanks for listening anyways. It helped me sort through my thoughts, too.

You’re welcome, Miss~ It’s all part of my work.

Music: Lobby

With that, we've hit our next floor level for Hod, and unlocked another trio of Abnormality Pages. Let's take a peek.

Glitter is an interesting page, since it gives us 1-2 Power on every clash against enemies in exchange for the enemies dealing more damage when they hit us. Unfortunately it's a random power boost, and ultimately unreliable—although there's something to be said for having an option to force the opponent to target one specific opponent if we're using a very defense die-oriented build.

Obsession is build-defining, and Hod's floor is the queen of Bleed specifically because of it. Doubling all Bleed stacks can lead to some absurd amounts of HP being lost with every attack, even with the reduction after each offensive die.It's just unfortunate that we have to wait for Emotion Level 3 for it to show up, getting this at level 1 or 2 would be nuts.

Lastly there's Axe, which is a +1-3 Power for all Slash dice, and a penalty should they fail to connect. This is another incredibly strong effect, and if stacked with Look of the Day our Slash dice should never be losing clashes in the first place. Even without it, our ability to choose how to attack means we should rarely, if ever, run into a situation where this downside is an actual liability. It's good.

We also get our new assignment, which is just more books. This is a trend for the rest of the game—we don't actually see any novel assignments like the ones we had before. It's kind of a shame, I was curious at first about what sorts of other weird hoops we'd have to jump through as the game progressed.

How's our librarian?

The process is going smoothly. It should be at most another few moments.

...Hey, Hod?

Yes?

When you said before the plan was for everyone to die… Did that include us?

...I'm sure that Manager would have thought of something to avoid that, in the end.

So it was the plan.

We were all supposed to sleep together, content that our work was finally finished.

I see...

Well… THAT was a nap. Phew...

They awoke slightly earlier than expected.

I've always been reliable like that. I'm not too early, am I?

In terms of awakened librarians, you're the thirteenth.

Oof, unlucky. Well, I'll make the best of it. I survived a lot of battles inside that company, and I aim to thrive here, too. Where's the gear?

We don't have gear. We wear people now.

Huh. How's that work?

All of us have bodies made of light now. They're weaker than before, but…

Weaker? In that case, I'll just get back to training. That's our middle name, after all.

I don't think that's really an option.

Hod, as interesting as it may be to watch you talking to yourself… you are free to go at any time.

She's talking to us, though..?

I'll explain later. Thank you for your time, Angela. We'll be off.

Next time, on Library of Ruina

It's! About! Sending! A drat! Message!

Videos

Hod 3

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Nov 28, 2021

Starbridge64
Jun 5, 2013
Haven't gotten too much use out of Obsession and Glitter, though Axe is the one I tend to aim for and pair up with Look Of The Day (when RNG feels like giving me them). Very fun Abnormality Page combo for Key Pages that focuses more on slash attacks. :black101:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Starbridge64 posted:

Haven't gotten too much use out of Obsession and Glitter, though Axe is the one I tend to aim for and pair up with Look Of The Day (when RNG feels like giving me them). Very fun Abnormality Page combo for Key Pages that focuses more on slash attacks. :black101:

Its not actually RNG! :eng101:

We'll get to that at some point much later. :shepicide:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

TeeQueue posted:

:lobcorp:

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
All of Red Shoes card requires good percentage of red coin. So I just take both Shy Look's tier I card most of the time.

I didn't find much use from Glitter. A 1-2+ power don't make much of a difference when enemies now focus fire on that librarian. And you don't want enemies to focus fire since you'll suffer a quick death.

Don't use Obsession against guests that's also specialized in Bleed since it can easily backfire on your rear end.

Your Everyday NEET fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Nov 28, 2021

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

So now we have the mystery of why Garion gave a crap about the lab in the outskirts. It doesn't seem like proto LC was infringing on any patents, Angela (who violates the anti-AI laws) wasn't created until later, and killing people is clearly not enough to get the Head involved in... anything.

If they hadn't sent her in there probably wouldn't have been a Lob Corp at all, since A couldn't have gotten her secrets.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

TeeQueue posted:

Man, you’re an angel. I wish Yesod and Netzach were half as kind as you.

Netzach gave you beer, you ungrateful gently caress.

PinkDawn
Aug 22, 2021

Qrr posted:

So now we have the mystery of why Garion gave a crap about the lab in the outskirts. It doesn't seem like proto LC was infringing on any patents, Angela (who violates the anti-AI laws) wasn't created until later, and killing people is clearly not enough to get the Head involved in... anything.

If they hadn't sent her in there probably wouldn't have been a Lob Corp at all, since A couldn't have gotten her secrets.

Carmen and Ayin were working on a project that, had it succeeded as intended, would have more than likely disrupted the Head's control. Whether it could succeed as intended is both a different discussion and one that this thread has had before.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Of course, the mere fact that the Head's enforcers came to a crapshack operation in the middle of nowhere that hadn't actually broken any of its rules yet rather heavily supports the idea that at least some part of the plan was threatening to the Head. The game seems like it's angling towards exploring this idea right now, so maybe we'll learn more.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

With cards we have now, we can build a team which could inflict 10 bleed per turn. If we use Obsession and enemy will make 3 attacks next turn, he will get 44 damage irregardless of his resistances. If we fought Olga and she did 2 3-die cards, she would receive 60 damage (120 with unnerfed bleed!). I would assume that to keep action economy, bosses would have way more than 2 speed die, so unnerfed bleed would shred them, as opposed of sligthly more than x3 bleed expected damage we have now.

TeeQueue posted:

Yeah, it is much, much worse.

Qrr posted:

I actually checked, and we don't have a definite timeline about Angela creation. It is something between Carmen death and A's plan, but nothing more precise. As A interacted with B during her creation, and B had to break into LCHQ, I always assumed that she was created before establishing HQ. However, Angela says, she did not know experience anything outside facility, and if she was creaded in the Lab, why would Head care again? Outskirts are outside of the City and its jurisdiction. IIRC after Hook office battle it is mentioned that all thinking machines were banished from City to Outskirts, so Angela being in the Outskirts would not violate anything.
I suspect that some of the work Carmen and A did in the City drew attention of the Head, and Michelle call just gave them coordinates.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I love the boxbot Geb VS Binah fight. You can see Geb covered in scars while Binah's just coated in blood, and they carefully cut the frame to make it look like Geb lost her left arm again in an exact mirror of the Kali VS Garion fight.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I love the boxbot Geb VS Binah fight. You can see Geb covered in scars while Binah's just coated in blood, and they carefully cut the frame to make it look like Geb lost her left arm again in an exact mirror of the Kali VS Garion fight.
Scars were on Gebura boxbot form even before this fight (you can see then in previous flashbacks). Gebura was famous as only boxbot who fought Abnormalities directly.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
I like how that update had Hod painting Angela in a more sympathetic light, only to have Angela being rude af to the employees again at the end, confirming she's still a jerk. :v:

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
This level of Hod is the first major detractor of A's plan. There really isn't a reason why all the employees, Sephirot and Angela should have to stop existing at the end of the plan. It's just plain neglect of the people that you relied on to fulfill said plan.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

MiiNiPaa posted:

I suspect that some of the work Carmen and A did in the City drew attention of the Head, and Michelle call just gave them coordinates.

Yeah my guess would be that whatever Carmen did to recruit the sephirah got noticed, and when Michelle reported what they were actually up to the Head realised she was planning more than just building a cult. Lethal medical experiments are probably beneath the Head's notice but when you've got a stated goal of healing humanity's lot in life then they are likely to start paying attention.

Then I guess once Garion was subdued and they'd extracted her knowledge, A realised he could reassure the Head that it was essentially a cult after all and the experiments were to help make a whole lot of money. Thus L-corp was born.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Take a closer look.

I love this game, you guys. :allears:

NullBlack posted:

Netzach gave you beer, you ungrateful gently caress.

I also just want to say how perfect this post is. :colbert:

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

StillFullyTerrible posted:

... only to have Angela being rude af to the employees again at the end, confirming she's still a jerk. :v:

TeeQueue posted:

Hod, as interesting as it may be to watch you talking to yourself… you are free to go at any time.

I'm beginning to wonder if Angela genuinely can't see the assistant librarians. It's one thing to disregard someone in the second person ("you don't exist; stop talking to me"); it's another thing to disregard someone in the third person ("they don't exist; stop talking to yourself")

Keldulas posted:

This level of Hod is the first major detractor of A's plan. There really isn't a reason why all the employees, Sephirot and Angela should have to stop existing at the end of the plan. It's just plain neglect of the people that you relied on to fulfill said plan.

it makes sense for the plan to be the Sephirot and Angela are sacrificed to the light: the Sephirot are already dead in a sense, and Angela is "just a machine". Was it ever stated that the employees were also intended to die, though? As opposed to "thanks for your service, L Corp is closing down, you... probably know where the exits are (poo poo, did I remember to take the flipping-upside-down into account when we built this place?)"?

NullBlack fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 28, 2021

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

NullBlack posted:

it makes sense for the plan to be the Sephirot and Angela are sacrificed to the light: the Sephirot are already dead in a sense, and Angela is "just a machine". Was it ever stated that the employees were also intended to die, though? As opposed to "thanks for your service, L Corp is closing down, you... probably know where the exits are (poo poo, did I remember to take the flipping-upside-down into account when we built this place?)"?

A friendly reminder that finale of A's plan contained sealing all branch facilities underground with whoever happens to be there at the moment (from Wonderlab), so... yeah, it is unlikely that HQ employees were to leave the facility.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

MiiNiPaa posted:

A friendly reminder that finale of A's plan contained sealing all branch facilities underground with whoever happens to be there at the moment (from Wonderlab), so... yeah, it is unlikely that HQ employees were to leave the facility.

I admit I have not fully read Wonderlab, but I thought they were sealed off because they hit Fourth Trumpet.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

MiiNiPaa posted:

If this is from Wonderlab the sealing of the branches happens in the case of a severe abnormality breach, when the plan actually goes through the branch we follow in the webcomic remains open. The building the branch is in collapses for technically unrelated reasons. This particular sealing method is employed at HQ mind, at least in TQ's version of the universe, when you reset everyone in the loop is killed by the facility collapsing.

Specifically a branch was collapsed because 2 Aleph-tier Abnormalities breached simultaneously and then TEAMED UP together.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 28, 2021

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Lord_Magmar posted:

If this is from Wonderlab the sealing of the branches happens in the case of a severe abnormality breach, when the plan actually goes through the branch we follow in the webcomic remains open. The building the branch is in collapses for technically unrelated reasons. This particular sealing method is employed at HQ mind, at least in TQ's version of the universe, when you reset everyone in the loop is killed by the facility collapsing.

On the other hand, didn’t we also have Wrong Shirt Universe, where they were stuck for a few days before that happened?

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Lord_Magmar posted:

Specifically a branch was collapsed because 2 Aleph-tier Abnormalities breached simultaneously and then TEAMED UP together.
Episode 47: Building is fine, there is meeting related to HQ stuff. Nothing unusual happens.
Episode 48: Catt breaks door to the Manager office, nothing else happens.
Episode 49: «There aren't any employees on the ground floor» «Those who were underground, are trapped, I guess».
Only reason whe those undrground were able to escape was because ensuing fight has levelled whole facility.

It looks like breaches happened because of the sealing rather other way around.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

MiiNiPaa posted:

Episode 47: Building is fine, there is meeting related to HQ stuff. Nothing unusual happens.
Episode 48: Catt breaks door to the Manager office, nothing else happens.
Episode 49: «There aren't any employees on the ground floor» «Those who were underground, are trapped, I guess».
Only reason whe those undrground were able to escape was because ensuing fight has levelled whole facility.

It looks like breaches happened because of the sealing rather other way around.

Uhhh, Catt had been rampaging for a while, and the Lob Corp Branch Buildings themselves are underground in the first place. Especially because Taii could still get inside the branch to go down. Also no employees on the Ground Floor might trap those underground specifically because you need ground level employees to open up the elevators as a security measure by default.

But the specific sealing happens when abnormalities breach, it's showed off earlier at a different branch and the sealing is straight up the building being exploded and collapsed, the branch we follow has not had that happened, it just seems to have closed business without care for employees still inside.

Like, if the branches were meant to be sealed I think Taii would have a much stronger reaction to arriving at work with nobody at the ground floor, they seem simply confused/concerned. Also (Wonderlab spoilers) The Manager committed Suicide because they fell in love with the AI Manager helper who was getting reset repeatedly and in fact the manager is clearly meant to have been dead for a long time to have that level of mummification, so all the pain the characters went through was automated with no oversight, which caused Catt to snap emotionally/mentally. Catt proceeded to rampage before Taii arrived.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 28, 2021

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Lord_Magmar posted:

Uhhh, Catt had been rampaging for a while, and the Lob Corp Branch Buildings themselves are underground in the first place. Especially because Taii could still get inside the branch to go down.

Oh, I just reread it, and you might be right. I always assumed that Catt entrance in that chapter was her leaving Managers office, because Dept. Heads met her for the first time in later chapter, but seeing that Tali somehow walked backstreets for three days after realising that Catt was missing for same amount of time, rampaging for a while makes more sense.

I probably projected all «sudden disappearence of L Corp» mentioned by Zwei and Molar offices on the ending of Wonderlab.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Hold up, the people who 'agreed' with Angela aside from Binah are two of the most stubborn Sephirot and the one who consistently felt that Angela had been the most awful to him?

Winterdragon2004
Mar 28, 2021

I'll hear that wonderous sound again, even if it has to be from my own two hands

TeeQueue posted:

All employees from the Welfare and Disciplinary Teams have fallen…
Poor Tenebrais. Everyone close to her died, then the light removed her ability to grieve, only for Angela and Binah to pull their BS making their sacrifices pointless, ending with an unceremonious death off screen.
Poor girl deserves more.

Question is though, what (or who) could have taken down someone who faced the Red Mist one on one and came out on top

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Winterdragon2004 posted:

Poor Tenebrais. Everyone close to her died, then the light removed her ability to grieve, only for Angela and Binah to pull their BS making their sacrifices pointless, ending with an unceremonious death off screen.
Poor girl deserves more.

Question is though, what (or who) could have taken down someone who faced the Red Mist one on one and came out on top

The dragon Abnormality from both yin-yang fish combining would do it if she was at full health.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

Winterdragon2004 posted:

Perhaps Tenebrais could take on the Red Mist in a fair fight. They're up against Binah, and Binah doesn't fight fair. Nor, I think, would any of her agents.

EDIT: I wonder what section/floor Sun Tzu's The Art of War is on; I feel like it should be required reading.
EDIT2: Social Sciences, apparently; specifically under Military Sciences.

NullBlack fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 13, 2021

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Winterdragon2004 posted:

Poor girl deserves more.

Mizu.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Tenebrais was one of the blessed, so maybe WN just broke out of containment?

:stonk:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Let's face it if Binah's employees went along with her, Mizu probably could have killed half the agents on her own.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Junpei posted:

Hold up, the people who 'agreed' with Angela aside from Binah are two of the most stubborn Sephirot and the one who consistently felt that Angela had been the most awful to him?

Hod did clarify that is was a more neutral deferral than actual agreement, though you could argue that deferring your answer is a form of tact agreement without actively contesting those who opposed the deal. Of the four sephirot that did so though I'm not entirely sure who were super stubborn? Gebura is probably the most stubborn of the four, Binah already threw her lot in with Angela whilst Chesed and Tiphereth aren't really two(three?) I would consider very stubborn.

edit: I am both :allears: and :stonk: at Mizu and Tenebrais duking it out

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I meant Gebura and Tiphereth as the stubborn ones and Chesed as the one screwed over by Angela the most

Winterdragon2004
Mar 28, 2021

I'll hear that wonderous sound again, even if it has to be from my own two hands

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Let's face it if Binah's employees went along with her, Mizu probably could have killed half the agents on her own.

I for one am quite excited for everyone's reunion with Mizu...

...Especially Tenebrais's :five:

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Junpei posted:

I don't think it's far off-base thematically; the five people who disagreed with Angela's bargain were the five people most devoted to the cause (in Netzach's case, at least as Giovanni).
There's probably also how class factors into things; while everyone involved probably had an academic understanding of the suffering in the City, someone who grew up on the Backstreets (Kali), an orphan (Tiphereth), and An Arbiter (Garion) would probably feel a little more sympathetic to Angela's struggle (or deem it part of the City A was trying to improve in the case of Garion).

As for Chesed / Daniel... Maybe he sees himself in the Trolley Problem that Angela's in? This isn't the first time abnormalities tore through the research facility for the Seed of Light, after all.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

PlasticAutomaton posted:

could she, though? I recall Tenebrais and Twee being the most powerful, or at least called out as such. Mizu was terrifying because what the gently caress is wrong with her.

:five:
The ultimate battle between Red Mist Mk2 and Binah's Chosen Protégé. I think we all know how this will turn out:

...and then Tenebrais shoves her face-first through a wall, because she's loving Tenebrais.

I am so glad LoR doesn't have LC's E.G.O. suits, weapons, and gifts. If I had to give those anything more than a cartoonish level of detail, I'd kill myself.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd buy Chesed agreeing because he wanted the agents and clerks to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malacante
Oct 13, 2021

Junpei posted:

Gebura: "I will never go along with your plan, Angela. Never."

Angela: "Okay all Sephirot who agree to my deal raise your hands."

Binah: Raises Gebura's hand

Gebura: "...Dammit'