Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Mayo is egg and oil, and grilling it or toasting it is awesome

So could you do scrambled mayo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zil posted:

So could you do scrambled mayo?

Well, googling "scrambled mayo" only gets recipes for scrambled eggs with mayo added, so the ratio of oil to egg may not be right. Or maybe nobody has thought of it yet. You should try it.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

fizzymercy posted:

Dill slices or dill relish and peanut butter is basically the best sandwich there is. Peanut butter and green olive sandwiches are pretty great as well.

Are... are you pregnant?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
It's like, 1 egg yolk in 2 cups of mayo, so.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

It's like, 1 egg yolk in 2 cups of mayo, so.

So a salad?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Plinkey posted:

So a salad?
______/

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I do a thin (and I do mean thin) layer of mayo on the bread before I grill it making a grilled cheese sandwich.

Works much better than butter, and adds more taste.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

I do a thin (and I do mean thin) layer of mayo on the bread before I grill it making a grilled cheese sandwich.

Works much better than butter, and adds more taste.

Aren't you the guy who pukes at the thought of mayo?

Poor Zipperelli., thought of mayo and died.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Aren't you the guy who pukes at the thought of mayo?

Poor Zipperelli., thought of mayo and died.

lol, what? gently caress no.

I puke at the thought of mass amounts of mayonnaise put on pizza and in sushi (looking at you, Japan and Korea).

Mayo on a sandwich, or used to help grill bread is fine.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

lol, what? gently caress no.

I puke at the thought of mass amounts of mayonnaise put on pizza and in sushi (looking at you, Japan and Korea).

Mayo on a sandwich, or used to help grill bread is fine.

This is misleading:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766830&pagenumber=815&perpage=40#post484668470

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

I feel like I want to make a loss joke here but...

Edit oh God that's the umbilical cord coiled up on the dehydrator in panel 3 isn't it :barf:

Dixville has a new favorite as of 03:32 on Jun 8, 2018

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
I feel uniquely qualified to declare that those chocolates taste loving disgusting. I can’t imagine the combination of 60% semidark chocolate + that rich, earthy, liver-and-must, amniotic meatiness without wanting to gag.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

I promise you this bitch sent them to people as gifts

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Take a look at the pic I was referring to. It was like, mayo/corn sushi. gently caress that noise - that's disgusting, as is mayo on a pizza (no pizza rules, I know, but it's still gross).

Mayo itself is fine in normal quantities.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I promise you this bitch sent them to people as gifts

Do you call random women "bitch" a lot?

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

fizzymercy posted:

Dill slices or dill relish and peanut butter is basically the best sandwich there is. Peanut butter and green olive sandwiches are pretty great as well.

I really thought I was alone in this. One of my favorite sandwiches has always been peanut butter and dill pickles and all of my friends and coworkers think I'm bizarre for it. I havent tried peanut butter and olives before, but I'll be doing so soon.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the next time I'm making beef jerky on my dehydrator I'm just gonna think of the placenta and die, thanks

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

bike tory posted:

Do you call random women "bitch" a lot?

No, but I can see why you would think that based on my long history of calling women bitches. Feel free to ever contribute to the thread.

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

elise the great posted:

I feel uniquely qualified to declare that those chocolates taste loving disgusting. I can’t imagine the combination of 60% semidark chocolate + that rich, earthy, liver-and-must, amniotic meatiness without wanting to gag.
I’ve lost your chili thread, Elise. Did cocoa make it in?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Mushika posted:

I really thought I was alone in this. One of my favorite sandwiches has always been peanut butter and dill pickles and all of my friends and coworkers think I'm bizarre for it. I havent tried peanut butter and olives before, but I'll be doing so soon.
Okay, I'm intrigued. Is this typical sweet American mass-market peanut butter or the just-peanuts-and-salt variety?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

No, but I can see why you would think that based on my long history of calling women bitches. Feel free to ever contribute to the thread.

It's an expected question when you just up and call some lady a bitch out of nowhere.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

elise the great posted:

Posts like this are why i come here.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Schubalts posted:

It's an expected question when you just up and call some lady a bitch out of nowhere.

If someone sent me candy made of their own medical waste I might call them worse than that tbqh

But yeah, gendered insults are passe

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

e: nvm, have some gross mint chocolate drink with chocolate pudding

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 05:18 on Jun 8, 2018

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Hirayuki posted:

Okay, I'm intrigued. Is this typical sweet American mass-market peanut butter or the just-peanuts-and-salt variety?

I only buy the salt and peanuts variety, but I think in a pinch you could use the poo poo stuff. I don't know why the hell people add hydrogenated oil and suger to perfectly good peanut butter. I guess it's Murrica.

Seriously, give it a try.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

Aunt Beth posted:

I’ve lost your chili thread, Elise. Did cocoa make it in?

I used baker’s dark— cocoa powder is good but I only ever have Dutch process, which tastes weird in chili

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That's not an appealing ham at all :mad:

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

That's not an appealing ham at all :mad:

Pretty sure you could make decent hog head cheese with that.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Mushika posted:

I only buy the salt and peanuts variety, but I think in a pinch you could use the poo poo stuff. I don't know why the hell people add hydrogenated oil and suger to perfectly good peanut butter. I guess it's Murrica.

Seriously, give it a try.

I do plain sugary Jif because the dill sourness cuts it and makes it a sweet/sour treat, but I could see the appeal of sour with mild sweet and salt, and especially sweet/salt with bread and butter.

but let's all agree almond butter is disownable.

e: I'm American, it's what I've always had, but we have the no sugar added stuff at my convenience store so I'm willing to Branch out my PB&P experience

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

thecluckmeme posted:

I do plain sugary Jif because the dill sourness cuts it and makes it a sweet/sour treat, but I could see the appeal of sour with mild sweet and salt, and especially sweet/salt with bread and butter.

e: I'm American, it's what I've always had, but we have the no sugar added stuff at my convenience store so I'm willing to Branch out my PB&P experience

Almond butter is delicious. Cashew butter is as well. I can see both working quite well with dill pickles.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

thecluckmeme posted:

I highly recommend almond butter if you like peanut butter but think it tastes too good.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I make an almond/cashew mix butter that is pretty amazing ngl

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I am willing to let this forbidden knowledge be known to me despite my stance against non-peanut-butters

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
In response to peanut butter and pickles:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

elise the great posted:

the combination of 60% semidark chocolate + that rich, earthy, liver-and-must, amniotic meatiness

mite put it on the menu

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

PubicMice posted:

In response to peanut butter and pickles:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

You loving freaks have gone too far. I'm outta this thread, goodbye y'all.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
another senseless victim of the stupid internet club

wont someone think of the pastries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax