Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
All character sheets and council positions have been updated, if I missed yours just shout

Also just realised I missed a death -

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

The young Prince of Aswan, Damascus, and pretender to Galilee steps into the chamber, his impeccable dress concealing his rather weedy frame. Clearly worrying over some report, he briefly addresses the Cour's functionaries.

Despite my... disagreements with the Marshal, I will join the Faith Eternal as a junior member for the betterment and security of our realm. Our conflict can, I hope, remain outside the purview of this chamber.

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 5, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Missed one of the council positions, so it's fixed (paraetonium for steward)

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Az-Zarqa cries for our dear Emperor Diogo. We shall mourn his unjust death for many months. The regency council of Aldara wishes to make it clear that there will be no love between our land and the unelected usurper, this false Emperor Nicolas. He is a shame to his father's legacy!

However, given the current instability of the realm (only worsened by this inexcusable usurpation), the need to protect the young countess from any further attacks against the noble Abrão family and the fact that all the other factions were also involved in the rebellion, Aldara Abrão will join Faith Eternal.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 6, 2020

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

I will join Faith Eternal

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sultan Arsenios maintains the family membership of Gilded Tomorrow

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
What did I tell you would happen if we didn't purge the Jaffites?

Joining A Guilded Tomorrow.

Flesnolk fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 5, 2020

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Faith Eternal is the bandwagon to be waggin' on.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Dominant faction: Faith Eternal

Session of the Haute Cour, 1240

Indian knights wearing outrageous mustaches and clad in strange colours stand at every door, stony and hulking and gripping shields blazoned with the lame parrot of Carpenel, their eyes trained on the lords and ladies of the Empire. Finally, the Usurper enters the Hall of the Haute Cour.

: Kings! Princes! Counts and Barons!

: Do not be afraid! I come not as a conqueror or usurper, but as your rightful ruler coming into his throne. After all, who can claim a stronger right to the Imperial Crown than myself, son of Saint Josselin and offspring of Jerahmeel, that angel of divine visions and destiny? Who? Speak, if anyone claims so!

A long moment passes, and in what must be a first, the Hall is eerily silent.

: But more than that, I come as an emperor ordained by God Himself! It is with his blessing that I raise my sword and take my crown! It is under the name of Jerahmeel that I deal justice and make war! Jesus Christ whispers in my left ear and Saint Godefroy in my right, and I do as they command!

: So, by all means, rest easy, for God's Chosen now reigns in Jerusalem.

State of Affairs

King: Nicolas Carpenel
Government: Agnatic-Cognatic Elective Monarchy
Factions: A Gilded Tomorrow, Faith Eternal, Friendly Association Against Mongolian Aggression
Treasury: 3955 gold, +29.89/month
Piety: 530, +4.76/month
Grace: 0
Threat: 32%
Army: 29503 levies
Non-Aggression Pacts: none.
Alliances: Grandmaster of the Knights of the Thorn.
Wars: none.

Active Policies:
Active Laws - 9/10:

World Map:

Jerusalem, House of Groves

Weak Claims:

Succession:
Next in line for Jerusalem is Count Sigismond of Irbid, followed by the Pope.

Council and Court:
Minor titles are available.

Laws:
Next crown law can be passed now, next regular law can be passed now.

Technology:
Some economy and culture advancements are available.

Military:

Factions:

Known Plots:

Decisions:

Religion:

Culture:

Relations:

Trade Zones:

Defensive Pacts:

Diseases:

Empire of China:

Ruler Prerogative:
- Staging the cheapest coronation ceremony.
- Awarding minor titles.
- Arranging marriages for family members and courtiers.
- Imprisoning treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Ransoming/Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing prisoners of war.
- Sending gifts.
- Purchasing favours.
- Converting his own religion.
- Requesting that courtiers and vassals convert to his religion.

Legislation:
Once the Haute Cour is in session, any lord of the realm can submit legislation, which largely consists of Policies and Laws, as well as optional Directives.
As mentioned, members of the Haute Cour may support or oppose proposals of their choosing.
If at least 1/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, then that proposal is submitted for the consideration of the King. If at least 2/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, it is struck from the books regardless of the amount of support received. The King may strongarm a policy of his own devising in its place.
Sessions of the Haute Cour last 48 hours, 24 hours for drafting legislation and 24 hours for voting. After this period, the 4 most popular proposals are gathered into a single document or Recess, which is then implemented in the next update.

Rules of the Haute Cour:
- You cannot join or change factions when the Haute Cour is in session.
- A member of a Faction may support or oppose legislation submitted by anyone.
- Courtiers are entitled to 1 vote, Barons to 2 votes, Counts to 3 votes, Dukes to 4 votes, Kings/Viceroys to 5 votes. Members of the Council have 2 additional votes.
- The Designated Regent minor title has 1 additional vote, but in the event of a incapable or underage ruler and resulting regency, this will rise to 5 votes.
- Votes are cumulative, so for example, a Count may have 10 votes if they are on the Council and become Regent.
- In addition to supporting Policies or Laws, lords may vote Aye/Nay on each Directive.
- Rank has no effect when Directives are being considered. In this case, each member of the Haute Cour has only a single vote, Aye or Nay.
- If Policies and/or Laws gather sufficient opposition, they may be struck from the bill. The King may strongarm his own agenda into the bill in their place.
- In cases where Laws and Policies contradict one another, the policy will take precedence.
- If support for two proposals are equal, and there is only one place remaining in the Recess, the King chooses between them.
- For obvious reasons, legislation cannot pertain to the ruler’s personal life, unless is he is underage. So, for example, the Haute Cour has no control over who the King marries, though unwise decisions may affect his standing amongst his lords.
- The Haute Cour has no authority over the Character Focus or the Ambition of the King, those being his private matter.

For more details on legislative sessions, click HERE.
For more detail on in-game actions, click HERE.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

YIJIAN "THE ENORMOUS" OF XIN XI'IAN AND JINGZONG OF HELLAS

HELLO, EVERYONE. I AM GLAD TO BE JOINING YOU FOR ANOTHER EXCITING SESSION OF THE HAUTE COUR. IT IS ALWAYS A PLEASURE TO ENGAGE WITH MY MANY DISTINGUISHED COLLEAGUES. NO MATTER HOW SMALL AND FEEBLE THEY APPEAR, THEY ALWAYS MANAGE TO KEEP ME ACTIVE AND ENGAGED WITH THEIR ASSORTED COURT INTRIGUE.

这是什么

OH! IN MY EXCITEMENT TO GREET YOU ALL, I ALMOST FORGOT TO INTRODUCE MY... COUSIN? UNCLE? I"M NOT TOO CLEAR ON THE FAMILY RELATION, BUT JINGZONG HAS TRAVELED ALL THE WAY FROM FAR-OFF CATHAY OF HIS OWN FREE WILL. FOR MAKING THIS GREAT JOURNEY, THE EMPEROR PREFERENT HAS DEEMED HIM FIT TO CONTROL THE JEWEL OF THE WEST, ATHENS. IT IS A GLORIOUS CITY WHOSE GRAND HISTORY AND MANY MONUMENTS STILL INSPIRE.

我讨厌这个狗屎坑。这个地方到处都是野蛮人。

THOUGH HE IS STILL ADJUSTING TO THE WAY AND STYLE OF THE COUR, I AM SURE HE WILL BE A FUN AND EXCITING PRESENCE IN OUR EMPIRE FOR YEARS TO COME. HE HAS ALREADY JOINED ME IN MANY MEETINGS OF FAMMA.

我将拆除雅典卫城,并用一个真正的学习场所代替它。你们不懂文化。

MY... RELATIVE? HAS ALREADY MADE HIS MARK IN MANY IMPORTANT WAYS. HE'S POINTED OUT TO ME HOW DILAPIDATED OUR MANY BUILDINGS ARE AND HOW THIS LEAVES US ILL-PREPARED FOR ANY FUTURE CONFLICT WITH THE MONGOLS.

有些猪的生活条件比您好。

AS SUCH, JINGZONG AND I ARE PROUD TO PROPOSE THE FOLLOWING LAW:

The Invisible Cities Act

The Haute Cour hereby mandates:

1. Whenever the empire is at peace and not at high risk of an internal revolt and enters a session with at least 200 gold, the emperor preferent shall spend at least a third of his current personal treasury during the next five years building county improvements (including but not limited to hospitals) in holdings across the empire;

2. The emperor is free to use some of this gold to develop provinces under his control, so long as—within a 5 year period—he spends an equal or greater amount on holdings controlled by other active Cour members not of his dynasty. The emperor shall strive to distribute investments without consideration of party, cultural, or religious affiliation;

3. The requirements stipulated by this law shall not supersede any short-term spending mandated by the Cour through its policies.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 6, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

HELLO. I HAVE NOT YET LEFT THE PODIUM AS I HAVE ANOTHER MATTER WHICH I WISH TO DISCUSS WITH YOU. IT IS VERY EXCITING!

为什么这个巨人总是尖叫?

JINGZONG, MY BELOVED KIN, HAS INFORMED ME OF A FASCINATING PRACTICE IN THE EAST. HE SAYS THAT MANY OF THE KINGDOMS NEAR FAR-OFF CATHAY REQUIRE THEIR COURTIERS TO UNDERGO TRAINING, AN IMPERIAL EXAMINATION IN WHICH UNLANDED COURTIERS ARE TESTED ON THEIR SKILLS. THIS PROCESS ENSURES THEY CAN COMPETENTLY SERVE THEIR LORDS AND EMPERORS. I FIND THE IDEA FASCINATING!

这个建议是常识。你们一定都是白痴。

AS SUCH, I PROPOSE THE FOLLOWING DIRECTIVE:

All unlanded courtiers who wish to serve the Emperor and his noble Cour must pass an imperial examination in which they are tested on philosophy (Christian, Islamic and Confucian), calligraphy, and arithmetic.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 6, 2020

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Hashim, could we please see the barony level pages for the three Merchant Republic capital cities?

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

The youthful pope enters the assembly chambers, flanked by both his House retainers and clergymen of the faith. Gone are his spokesmen, and one might notice that he wears his robes with an almost haphazard capriciousness. Despite such evident suggestions of a lack of caring to his position, his gaze is shrewd, and an almost coy smile armed - he speaks with confidence and barely contained excitement both, clearly elated to be able to hold his own, finally, in these chambers.

"It is good to be back, lords and ladies of the Cour. I know many of you might be wary of the Faith's goals during this assembly - allow me to reassure you, however, that while we recognize that our enemies continue to fragment, that we ourselves needs must look inward for the time being to better heal after this time of... transition. Now is the time for healing - I believe some of my counterpart lords within the Faith shall be bringing forth policy that shall benefit the health of our realms. I myself, however, would be remiss to let our gazes turn away from our eventual, necessary, goals. A reminder, then - bequeathed and paid for by the generosity of our Emperor-Preferent. Despite our differences and occasional squabbling, we must never forget our strength and virtue when we are united against a common enemy. As with Saint Josselin, as with Saint Godefroy before him. As with us, should we put our minds and blades to the task.

We shall have our reminder carved in stone."

Forced Policy: Mongol War Memorial

In recognition of their service to all Christendom the good lords and knights of the realm who served in the Mongol War shall be honored with the construction of a triumphal column in Jerusalem. A platform of Egyptian marble shall be carved with the crests of those nobles and patricians who served Jerusalem in the war. Upon this platform shall be erected a sturdy column, to be inscribed with scenes of our triumph. Upon the top of this column shall be a statue of the Sainted Josselin upon a rearing horse, sword in hand and parrot upon his shoulder. To one noble shall be granted the honored title “Patron of the Crusaders”, this noble shall ensure that the monument is cleaned and maintained frequently.

House of Groves Item Effects
Price: 1500 Gold
Effects: +5.0% land morale
+0.1 prestige
Unlocks the Patron of the Crusaders minor title (+5 opinion minor title)

"A directive from the Papacy shall be forthcoming," he goes on, smiling slyly. "once I get around to it."

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Jakob rides into the cour atop Sweetpea. Normally more chipper, he is looking a bit down, almost depressed.

I am of great skill in the realm of military strategy, particularly siege warfare and cavalry tactics. It would be great for the realm for me to put my brain to use for it and it's further battles.

I propose that I, Jakob Eggtooth Egge-Thermidor, be made Marshal.

I care little for the fanfare or baubles that come with the title, and only wish to use my knowledge out on the field and for our realm.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 6, 2020

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Prince Renaud Konopka of Thessalonika

The newly crowned Prince of Thessalonika stands to address the assembly, a small crucifix held tightly in one hand. His armor is more for show than anything, it fits him poorly. To his side sits the young Simon Konopka, son and heir of the late Frog Knight.

“I wish to first of all thank his holiness, Pope Temeluchus, for his wise policy. My late cousin, the great duelist Sir Simon Konopka, fought at the battle of Famia and brought great honor to our dynasty there. He proposed a similar monument at the last session of this august body, which was narrowly defeated by other, no less worthy, proposals. He has unfortunately passed since then, but is survived by his son Simon, say hello Simon."

The young boy puts down a small book of Reformed teachings, the front depicting a bleeding Crown of Thorns. He stands and delivers a short greeting before sitting back down.

"Good lords and ladies of the Haute Cour, it is an honor to be among this esteemed body."

"Great! In the mean time, with Simon still under a regency and learning the ropes, I will be helping out with running merchant House Konopka. Their inventors have asked me to advertise their latest product to you all before I go. Seems that the vast majority of wealth in the Eastern Mediterranean and Indian Ocean are concentrated right in this room. So, here we are: prayer cards! Printed on a durable mix of hemp and papyrus, each card is lovingly illustrated by a seminary student in Damietta. Don’t forget the saints and they won't forget you! ”

Prince Renaud places several samples down on a table for later perusal by the lords of the Haute Cour.

Young Simon taps on his relative's armor, then whispers something in his ear.

"What? He's not a saint? Huh, I should've known that. Well, I think he ought to be."

Directive: Petition His Holiness, Pope Temeluchus, to consider King Severin Coeur De Lion's possible sainthood.

Clayren fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jun 6, 2020

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

The young Mathieu strides across the chamber to address the assembly, bejeweled Mersir Brand Dagger hanging at his hip.

Fair members of the Cour, with the recent upheaval I believe we must address several issues facing the realm to restore confidence in our Dominion and more importantly, our noble Emperor-Preferent. Firstly, I have been convinced to lay down my arms in Galilee with the promise of a county for my good uncle over in the Indus valley. The Emperor-Preferent has further granted leave for one of our longest-standing Count families to be granted a duchy, and the release of certain notable members of the Cour caught in the crossfire of the recent conflicts from the dungeons. We hope that these gestures will help convince any of you as of yet unsure over our new Emperor-Preferent of his good intentions.

So. Ahem.

Pursuant to the inception of the great Emperor-Preferent Nicolas's new administration, Faith Eternal proposes the Realm Stabilization Bill:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- The Emperor-Preferent is given leave to distribute his excess titles to loyal vassals as he sees fit;

- Realm peace will be enforced, to bloodlessly end internal conflicts between the lords after this recent time of turmoil;

- The Princes of Alexandria and Ascalon are to be pardoned and released from the Emperor-Preferent's dungeons, as a show of magnanimity and piety. All remaining prisoners in the dungeons as of the enactment of this bill are to be ransomed at the earliest opportunity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following are Faith Eternal's recommendations regarding title distribution, as designated by the Dominion's scribes upon examination of the Emperor-Preferent's demesne:

- The duchy and county of Bhakkar to an unlanded member of House de Redvers not in immediate line for the County of Irbid, with all vassal counts of Bhakkar coming under their suzerainty;
- The county of Hebron to Amaury Carpenel, dynastic heir of Nicolas;
- The county of Sonda to Ebbon Blaiddyd.

Thank you for your time, and long live the Emperor-Preferent!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

"My esteemed lords of the Haute Cour, I have served faithfully and well as Marshal these past few years, and I intend to continue doing so. It behooves me to maintain the one true faith, given my beloved son of blessed memory took up the Miaphysite cause contributing to his rebellion. Thus, for the stability of the realm, in my official capacity,

Directive: The Marshal affirms of their commitment to Jerusalem and to the Reformed Catholic faith, and in accordance with Reunite the Flock, requests of their own free will that if they stray from the faith, they desire immediate conversion to Reformed Catholic.

I trust you will respect my wishes in this regard should I ever be swayed astray.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Despite being a child, I, Ya'Qub Andirsun under directions from my father's will propose that we Increase Legalism Tech and Increase City Taxes in order to be able to properly levy taxes on what he saw as an excess of funds in his own hands. I have 4 times the wealth of the emperor and I am 9 years old. Our society is absurd.

MatchaZed fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 6, 2020

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

The regency of Az-Zarqa notices that the murder of our dear late Emperor-Preferent Diogo does not satisfy the ambitions of the treasonous so called lords of the realm. Comeuppance against the unelected usurper?

But the vengeance would be empty if Jerusalem is broken. The integrity of the realm comes first. For this reason we recommend increasing Noble Customs tech, lest the Dominion be torn asunder...

(It's an immediate +3 opinion to every feudal vassal and could make a difference)

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 6, 2020

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.

So, it seems like a revolt is surely upon us. After all we've been through, after all we've done for the good of the country. I think we all know what should be done now. It pains me to say it, but our policy should be,

It's time for a Party!

1) We hold a tournament!

2) We hold a Festival of Fortune!

3) We send minor titles and gifts to nobles who would likely sway their opinion away from open revolt!

I'm sure a lovely celebration to the end of the unpleasantness of civil war is likely to calm any high tensions and hot tempers.

Gigagar fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jun 6, 2020

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.

That's not all! We need allies if we are to become the pre-eminent power in this portion of the great map we call home. If we cannot find any, we shall make one! This policy should rectify things a bit.

Suire, Ready my Carpet!

1) Find Abdullah Kefid and convert him to whichever religion the Cour finds appropriate if he is not already Christian.

2) Press his claim on the Kefid Empire.

3) Appoint me, Doge of the Red Sea Republic to lead the first charge on my flying carpets!

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.

Rasul is lead away by an attendant, all the while ranting about talking rugs and caves full of treasure. One of his attendants reaches the podium.

Ahem.
I'm afraid Doge Rasul has been worn out from the day's events, and has departed to his personal chambers in the House of Groves. There is one more thing he would like addressed though.

Directive: Appoint Jingzong of Hellas as Regent

He wrote something down too, oh dear. "We all know what it feels like to be in a new setting, unsure of yourself, doubting if anyone will take you seriously. I do not envy you, Lord Jingzong, as I know the feeling myself when I assumed leadership of the RSR. Member of a culture found to be foreign even in my homeland, member of a religion that no one here knows anything about. As regent, I believe you will have your greatest opportunity to aquaint yourself to how things are run in Jerusalem, and to have your new colleagues be acquainted with yourself. P.S. please tell your nephew(?) Yijian not to worry about the chair, these things happen when hosting a giant."

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

WilliamAnderson posted:

Despite being a child, I, Ya'Qub Andirsun under directions from my father's will propose that we Increase Legalism Tech and Increase City Taxes in order to be able to properly levy taxes on what he saw as an excess of funds in his own hands. I have 4 times the wealth of the emperor and I am 9 years old. Our society is absurd.

2 separate directives for these

Gigagar posted:

Suire, Ready my Carpet!

Might want to specify that the claim only be pressed if he can be converted, if that's what you're going for

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Thordain posted:

Hashim, could we please see the barony level pages for the three Merchant Republic capital cities?

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Gigagar posted:

With all due respect, Prince Jingzong is already an Advisor on the Council, and has had and will have plenty of time to acquaint himself with our customs through that chamber. I would instead motion for the appointment of

Doge Jakob for Designated Regent.

We have conquest in our future, and should Nicolas be incapacitated I can think of no better man to lead our armies to reclaim European land. Both for the faith, and, as I'm sure you in AGT are aware, great future profits.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Hashim posted:

Might want to specify that the claim only be pressed if he can be converted, if that's what you're going for

Okay, I propose as a directive to increase legalism

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Hashim posted:

Also as a law increase city taxes

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

e: nvm

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

My bad, just skimmed it, but yeah laws occupy their own slot. So increasing city taxes has to be separate from increasing legalism tech (which can be a directive)

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

HELLO, IT IS I, YIJIAN, HERE ONCE AGAIN TO PROPOSE NEW POLICIES ON BEHALF OF MY FACTION. JINGZONG AND I ARE DELIGHTED TO BE HERE.

我希望你们都死于战争

TO ENSURE WE CAN DEFEAT THE MONGOL MENACE, WE MUST DO AWAY WITH THREATS DOMESTIC FIRST. I UNDERSTAND THAT SOME OF YOU ARE AGGRIEVED, WOUNDED EVEN. THERE IS MUCH TO BE UPSET ABOUT AND SO, I CALL UPON OUR EMPEROR PREFERENT TO TAKE ON AN OFFICIAL POLICY OF RAPPROCHEMENT AND APPEASEMENT. I CALL UPON HIM TO SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING POLICY:

Cour Appeasement Policy

The Haute Cour hereby calls the emperor preferent:

1. Distribute any honorary titles (not mandated by other directives or policies) to hostile landed faction members to appease them;

2. Distribute titles to the remaining unlanded Cour members by, within 10 years of this policy's passage, conquering land held by at least one of the following: a.) Rum; b.) Trebizond; c.) Abkhazia and Kartli; d.) Mosul. All grantees shall convert to the local religion of the conquered province to promote realm cohesion; and

3. Not to pursue clause two of this policy until all faction power has decreased below 50 percent and the empire is at peace.

Gigagar posted:

Rasul is lead away by an attendant, all the while ranting about talking rugs and caves full of treasure. One of his attendants reaches the podium.

Ahem.
I'm afraid Doge Rasul has been worn out from the day's events, and has departed to his personal chambers in the House of Groves. There is one more thing he would like addressed though.

He wrote something down too, oh dear. "We all know what it feels like to be in a new setting, unsure of yourself, doubting if anyone will take you seriously. I do not envy you, Lord Jingzong, as I know the feeling myself when I assumed leadership of the RSR. Member of a culture found to be foreign even in my homeland, member of a religion that no one here knows anything about. As regent, I believe you will have your greatest opportunity to aquaint yourself to how things are run in Jerusalem, and to have your new colleagues be acquainted with yourself. P.S. please tell your nephew(?) Yijian not to worry about the chair, these things happen when hosting a giant."

I GREATLY APPRECIATE MY BELOVED UNCLE, WHO I HAVE NEVER MET BEFORE, BEING GIVEN THIS HONOR. THOUGH I HAVE GRIEVANCES WITH SOME OF THOSE IN THE GILDED TOMORROW FACTION, I HAVE FOND MEMORIES OF PARTICIPATING IN ITS MEETINGS AS A CHILD, SLAMMING PEOPLE INTO WALLS WHEN DISCUSSIONS BECAME TOO HEATED.

Mirdini posted:

With all due respect, Prince Jingzong is already an Advisor on the Council, and has had and will have plenty of time to acquaint himself with our customs through that chamber. I would instead motion for the appointment of

We have conquest in our future, and should Nicolas be incapacitated I can think of no better man to lead our armies to reclaim European land. Both for the faith, and, as I'm sure you in AGT are aware, great future profits.

I CAN UNDERSTAND NOT WANTING MY BELOVED UNCLE, WHO DEFINITELY LOVES AND APPRECIATES ALL OF YOU. HOWEVER, YOU LOWER YOURSELF BY EXPRESSING SUCH INTOLERANT THOUGHT. HOW DARE YOU CALL OUT HIS APPRECIATION OF CHINESE CUSTOMS? OUR EMPIRE HAS LONG GONE BEYOND THE NEED FOR SUCH CRUDE PREJUDICE.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 6, 2020

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

QuoProQuid posted:

I CAN UNDERSTAND NOT WANTING MY BELOVED UNCLE, WHO DEFINITELY LOVES AND APPRECIATES ALL OF YOU. HOWEVER, YOU LOWER YOURSELF BY EXPRESSING SUCH INTOLERANT THOUGHT. HOW DARE YOU CALL OUT HIS APPRECIATION OF CHINESE CUSTOMS? OUR EMPIRE HAS LONG GONE BEYOND THE NEED FOR SUCH CRUDE PREJUDICE.

What, just because he complimented your kinsman, you dare accuse a member of this Cour of intolerance? Such vile misconduct towards your peers. I insist upon an immediate apology to our colleague for your misapprehension.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 6, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

AJ_Impy posted:

What, just because he complimented your kinsman, you dare accuse a member of this Cour of intolerance? Such vile misconduct towards your peers. I insist upon an immediate apology to our colleague for your misapprehension.

ALLOW ME TO CONSIDER THIS VERY SERIOUS REQUEST, WHICH RESULTED FROM YOUR COLLEAGUE INSISTING THAT MY UNCLE NOT BE APPOINTED DUE TO HIS FAITH.

NO.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

WilliamAnderson posted:

Also as a law increase city taxes

By request of another I withdraw this law change until next session

Civil war heading off is better than taxes to fight the war

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
edit: nevermind!

Erwin the German fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 6, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Directives can only be used to distribute specific minor titles one at a time, to hand out all minor titles you'd need a policy

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

As many of you may be aware, the Empire of Jerusalem has fallen staggeringly behind in the last several decades, as endless warring and refusal to honor 'Infrastructure Week' have led to a weaker empire. Gilded Tomorrow seeks to reverse this decline by investing in our cities.

Our university in Damietta is falling behind, and the Orseund capital at Rønne desperately needs investment if they are to do their part in providing the capital we need to prosper. Thus I am proposing the following:

Urban ReInvestment Act:

1. The Emperor will expand the University in the city of Burlus.

2. The Emperor will upgrade the town market to the city guild hall in Rønne.

3. Once the city guild hall from section 2 is complete, the emperor will construct the Militia Training Grounds in Rønne.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

I won't mince words. My cousin life was cut short before he could sail to the East, to Ceylon, the islands of spice and beyond but his plans were sound and already in motion. Thus I propose the following directive: To Explore East, for trade and knowledge. A ship, the Gilded Goose, is ready to sail, crewed by myself and the bravest of the merchant and feudal houses of Jerusalem. We just need the blessing of this noble assembly

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

These are great, will be added to OP once I can update the list

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

ALLOW ME TO CONSIDER THIS VERY SERIOUS REQUEST, WHICH RESULTED FROM YOUR COLLEAGUE INSISTING THAT MY UNCLE NOT BE APPOINTED DUE TO HIS FAITH.

NO.

I apologize for the misunderstanding, and the... strident defense my dear compatriot in the Faith Eternal has mounted.

I did not mean to disparage the good Jingzong's faith, the two clauses were unrelated, and my consideration for the appointment is also not meant to be based on religion. Jakob, you will note, remains a faithful old catholic.

I simply think Prince Jingzong has a solid position as an advisor in our court, one in which he and his wisdom are well appreciated, and that Jakob is a more appropriate choice for regent considering the martial challenges our realm yet faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

The assembly is no longer taking PROPOSALS, and is now open to VOTING.

If you're CHANGING your votes, please do so by making a NEW post.

Latest vote tally - Click HERE.

:siren:Proposed Policies:siren:

Realm Stabilization Bill - Faith Eternal -

Mirdini posted:

- The Emperor-Preferent is given leave to distribute his excess titles to loyal vassals as he sees fit;

- Realm peace will be enforced, to bloodlessly end internal conflicts between the lords after this recent time of turmoil;

- The Princes of Alexandria and Ascalon are to be pardoned and released from the Emperor-Preferent's dungeons, as a show of magnanimity and piety. All remaining prisoners in the dungeons as of the enactment of this bill are to be ransomed at the earliest opportunity.

The following are Faith Eternal's recommendations regarding title distribution, as designated by the Dominion's scribes upon examination of the Emperor-Preferent's demesne:

- The duchy and county of Bhakkar to an unlanded member of House de Redvers not in immediate line for the County of Irbid, with all vassal counts of Bhakkar coming under their suzerainty;
- The county of Hebron to Amaury Carpenel, dynastic heir of Nicolas;
- The county of Sonda to Ebbon Blaiddyd.

Support —

Opposition —

It's time for a Party! - A Gilded Tomorrow -

Gigagar posted:

1) We hold a tournament!

2) We hold a Festival of Fortune!

3) We send minor titles and gifts to nobles who would likely sway their opinion away from open revolt!

I'm sure a lovely celebration to the end of the unpleasantness of civil war is likely to calm any high tensions and hot tempers.

Support —

Opposition —

Ready my Carpet! - A Gilded Tomorrow -

Gigagar posted:

1) Find Abdullah Kefid and convert him to whichever religion the Cour finds appropriate if he is not already Christian.

2) Press his claim on the Kefid Empire.

3) Appoint me, Doge of the Red Sea Republic to lead the first charge on my flying carpets!

Support —

Opposition —

Cour Appeasement Policy - FAAMA -

QuoProQuid posted:

The Haute Cour hereby calls the emperor preferent:

1. Distribute any honorary titles (not mandated by other directives or policies) to hostile landed faction members to appease them;

2. Distribute titles to the remaining unlanded Cour members by, within 10 years of this policy's passage, conquering land held by at least one of the following: a.) Rum; b.) Trebizond; c.) Abkhazia and Kartli; d.) Mosul. All grantees shall convert to the local religion of the conquered province to promote realm cohesion; and

3. Not to pursue clause two of this policy until all faction power has decreased below 50 percent and the empire is at peace.

Support —

Opposition —

Urban ReInvestment Act - A Gilded Tomorrow -

Thordain posted:

1. The Emperor will expand the University in the city of Burlus.

2. The Emperor will upgrade the town market to the city guild hall in Rønne.

3. Once the city guild hall from section 2 is complete, the emperor will construct the Militia Training Grounds in Rønne.

Support —

Opposition —

:siren:Proposed Laws:siren:

The Invisible Cities Act - FAAMA -

QuoProQuid posted:

The Haute Cour hereby mandates:

1. Whenever the empire is at peace and not at high risk of an internal revolt and enters a session with at least 200 gold, the emperor preferent shall spend at least a third of his current personal treasury during the next five years building county improvements (including but not limited to hospitals) in holdings across the empire;

2. The emperor is free to use some of this gold to develop provinces under his control, so long as—within a 5 year period—he spends an equal or greater amount on holdings controlled by other active Cour members not of his dynasty. The emperor shall strive to distribute investments without consideration of party, cultural, or religious affiliation;

3. The requirements stipulated by this law shall not supersede any short-term spending mandated by the Cour through its policies.

Support —

Opposition —

:siren:Proposed Directives:siren:

Imperial Examination -

QuoProQuid posted:

All unlanded courtiers who wish to serve the Emperor and his noble Cour must pass an imperial examination in which they are tested on philosophy (Christian, Islamic and Confucian), calligraphy, and arithmetic.

Aye —

Nay —

Appoint Doge Jakob of the Oresund Republic as Marshal -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I propose that I, Jakob Eggtooth Egge-Thermidor, be made Marshal.

I care little for the fanfare or baubles that come with the title, and only wish to use my knowledge out on the field and for our realm.

Aye —

Nay —

Petition the Pope to Canonize Severin Lionheart -

Clayren posted:

Petition His Holiness, Pope Temeluchus, to consider King Severin Coeur De Lion's possible sainthood.

Aye —

Nay —

Ensure the Marshal remains Reformed -

AJ_Impy posted:

The Marshal affirms of their commitment to Jerusalem and to the Reformed Catholic faith, and in accordance with Reunite the Flock, requests of their own free will that if they stray from the faith, they desire immediate conversion to Reformed Catholic.

I trust you will respect my wishes in this regard should I ever be swayed astray.

Aye —

Nay —

Advance Noble Customs technology -

Frionnel posted:

The integrity of the realm comes first. For this reason we recommend increasing Noble Customs tech, lest the Dominion be torn asunder...

(It's an immediate +3 opinion to every feudal vassal and could make a difference)

Aye —

Nay —

Appoint Prince Jingzong of Hellas as Designated Regent -

Gigagar posted:

Appoint Jingzong of Hellas as Regent

Aye —

Nay —

Appoint Doge Jakob of the Oresund Republic as Designated Regent -

Mirdini posted:

Aye —

Nay —

Advance Legalism technology -

WilliamAnderson posted:

I propose as a directive to increase legalism

Aye —

Nay —

Send the Gilded Geese to the East -

Pacho posted:

I propose the following directive: To Explore East, for trade and knowledge. A ship, the Gilded Goose, is ready to sail, crewed by myself and the bravest of the merchant and feudal houses of Jerusalem. We just need the blessing of this noble assembly.

Aye —

Nay —

---

Additionally, the following policy has been forced into the Recess by Faith Eternal, as they rule as the largest faction:

Mongol War Memorial - Faith Eternal -

Erwin the German posted:

In recognition of their service to all Christendom the good lords and knights of the realm who served in the Mongol War shall be honored with the construction of a triumphal column in Jerusalem:

Price: 1500 Gold
Effects: +5.0% land morale
+0.1 prestige
Unlocks the Patron of the Crusaders minor title (+5 opinion minor title)

hashashash fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 7, 2020