Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
lol at those Standard Shakeup additions

One of these things is not like the other!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Call me when they fix framerate.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
I'm sad the preconstructed event is over already, I really enjoyed it.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Funkdreamer posted:

lol at those Standard Shakeup additions

One of these things is not like the other!

you mean feather? it might be t2 but it's a very popular deck, so if they left her you could bet on seeing a lot of it in the event

e: this did nab a second place though...
ee: lol how the gently caress did that deck get a second place

Prav fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Aug 2, 2019

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
WTF is Feather even doing in that list? Are you supposed to be tapping your own creature to draw cards with Depose // Deploy? Deafening Clarion doesn't get Feathered since it doesn't target a creature, it just has an effect on all your creatures that turn, right?

Edit: You guys are right. How loving nuts is that card that even if you basically blank out its text, it's still like the best 3 mana flyer?

Bedurndurn fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Aug 2, 2019

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Feather is a dope rear end creature capable of doing things like attacking and blocking all while having flying.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
like I said the last time people were confused by feather being in jeskai hero, the deck wants cards that fly and/or are angels and/or are multicolored and feather hits all three boxes while also being a very solid body at 3/4 for 3

there's also the edge case of proccing hero every turn if you have feather also on board and really want to loop deposes or justice strikes but that feels secondary

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Drawing a card and making a 1/1 for 2 a turn is pretty punishing in some match ups.

Sometimes a lot of little synergy makes a card worth it, especially when the card is a 3/4 flier for 3.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Just went 7-1 in silver ranked draft with this

Only cast Ambusher twice and never triggered its ability, I think I mostly just won by playing creatures and having removal and bad opponents with bad decks. The one loss was to mana screw. Shoulda mulled my hand of 4 mountains and three red cards I guess. Drew almost nothing but green cards and didn't hit a forest until like the 18th or 19th card. :xcom:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

so everyone is just going to play simic flash with cuthroat replaced with... faerie duelist? or some more counterspells?

Thats gonna suck rear end lol

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

What's the pick here goons? Audacious Thief, Disfigure, or Rabid Bite? Or Vilis and try to draft more ramp? That seems like a sketchy plan though

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Aug 2, 2019

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

so everyone is just going to play simic flash with cuthroat replaced with... faerie duelist? or some more counterspells?

Thats gonna suck rear end lol

without cutthroat it only has one fat win condition, idk how it will hold up compared to e.g. vamps with more lowdrops instead of sorin

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Wafflecopper posted:

What's the pick here goons? Audacious Thief, Disfigure, or Rabid Bite? Or Vilis and try to draft more ramp? That seems like a sketchy plan though

I think Vilis is the most fun and a huge bomb. Looks like you’re already trying to create a “sit tight and heal ramp to 8 mana” deck anyway.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ChrHauck/status/1157283827162779649

Posting to find later

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

space uncle posted:

I think Vilis is the most fun and a huge bomb. Looks like you’re already trying to create a “sit tight and heal ramp to 8 mana” deck anyway.

Yeah I dunno, I could try to go with that but 8 mana is an awful lot and I only have the one gift so far. He's only a huge fun bomb if I can actually cast him. Plus removal or draw are both real good and a lot easier to cast

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I would take Disfigure, it's the most efficient removal spell you're going to see.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Some Numbers posted:

I would take Disfigure, it's the most efficient removal spell you're going to see.

disfigure is the boring, "correct" choice while Vilis is the fun, great choice

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Correction, I would take Rabid Bite, because it works with Gargos.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

evilweasel posted:

disfigure is the boring, "correct" choice while Vilis is the fun, great choice

Sure, let's take a BBB card to go with our GGG and UBG cards.

Or we could take a premium removal spell.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

Correction, I would take Rabid Bite, because it works with Gargos.

oh yeah good point, i'll go with that. cheers

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Some Numbers posted:

Sure, let's take a BBB card to go with our GGG and UBG cards.

Or we could take a premium removal spell.

yes, exactly, take the fun card that will lead to a neat game or two instead of efficiently grinding an arena core set draft

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I've played with vilus and while it's pretty difficult to lose if you do cast him, getting to 8 mana is no joke. Also you can end up comically decking yourself if you're not careful

LOL if you end up on a reanimation plan with Blood for Bones though

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

evilweasel posted:

yes, exactly, take the fun card that will lead to a neat game or two instead of efficiently grinding an arena core set draft

Look at this loving Timmy over here :rolleyes:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

Look at this loving Timmy over here :rolleyes:

:emptyquote:

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Has anyone been getting disconnected a poo poo ton since yesterday's patch? I'm at a place with questionable internet bandwidth so I'm not sure how much to attribute to that, but playing yesterday afternoon seemed fine. I just played this morning trying to get my quest, and I got disconnected at least 2, possibly 4 times.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Love how Dusk Legion Zealot is sideoboarded out in every matchup.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

pointsofdata posted:

Love how Dusk Legion Zealot is sideoboarded out in every matchup.

Yeah I don't get why you'd maindeck a card you SB out every matchup, maybe try something else

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
it makes some sense. It cycles so it's kind of neutral/broad in a lot of ways then you can sb into more extreme/narrow cards. It doesnt really win you the game but it generally doesnt lose them either (unless you're already dead vs mono red)

For the odd decks every so often that ran jadelight as the only explore I'd constantly sb her out but I still liked her mainboard.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 2, 2019

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
sometimes it's okay to have a card that's just fine in every matchup, instead of a card that's a+ in one matchup but trash in every other one

also, sometimes a card is good in game 1s, but then becomes bad after your opponent gets to sideboard

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Vampires G1 has to be about making as many bodies as you can, which DLZ does very well.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Jabor posted:

sometimes it's okay to have a card that's just fine in every matchup, instead of a card that's a+ in one matchup but trash in every other one

This is why you put in cards that are A+ in other matchups to make up for that one! Brilliant deck construction!!

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Cheen posted:

Is anyone else having weird issues with being able to press the play button on the landing view?

Days late but yes, and the culprit was an invisible Slack window covering the bottom corner of the screen.

barge
Jun 12, 2006

I hope scapeshift decks stay super popular, my mayhem devil deck that was just ok before is cleaning up (it didn't even occur to me that it was a sacrifice effect till the first time someone cast it against me while I had a devil out and I got a billion triggers :blastu:)

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Mattavist posted:

Days late but yes, and the culprit was an invisible Slack window covering the bottom corner of the screen.

All different apps and websites competing for control of the bottom corner of the screen is something that needs to be addressed in the UI world in general.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Bored stiff by the current standard meta until this morning, started playing with this list and uh, it's like mega fun, but i could easily see running a "budget" version that's just G/W. It honestly looks like this could be a real archetype going forward.

https://twitter.com/Escaffi/status/1155700236318400514/photo/1

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Excuse me sir is there way to mute a tweet

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Bored stiff by the current standard meta until this morning, started playing with this list and uh, it's like mega fun, but i could easily see running a "budget" version that's just G/W. It honestly looks like this could be a real archetype going forward.

https://twitter.com/Escaffi/status/1155700236318400514/photo/1

that looks fun, shalai not being in there is interesting, guess because she’s redundant

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Those two decks in nice, importable formats:

https://mtgarena.pro/decks/christian-haucks-bw-vampires/

quote:

2 Sanctum Seeker (XLN) 120
4 Adanto Vanguard (XLN) 1
1 Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants (M19) 3
1 Mortify (RNA) 192
4 Godless Shrine (RNA) 248
1 Oath of Kaya (WAR) 209
3 Cast Down (DAR) 81
4 Knight of the Ebon Legion (M20) 105
4 Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord (M20) 115
7 Plains (M20) 264
7 Swamp (M20) 270
4 Isolated Chapel (DAR) 241
4 Champion of Dusk (RIX) 64
2 Dusk Legion Zealot (RIX) 70
4 Legion Lieutenant (RIX) 163
4 Skymarcher Aspirant (RIX) 21
4 Legion's Landing (XLN) 22

2 Gideon Blackblade (WAR) 13
2 Despark (WAR) 190
1 Ashiok, Dream Render (WAR) 228
1 Cast Down (DAR) 81
3 Duress (M20) 97
2 Legion's End (M20) 106
3 Noxious Grasp (M20) 110
1 Vona, Butcher of Magan (XLN) 231

https://mtgarena.pro/decks/patricio-romans-bant-hex/

quote:

4 Adanto Vanguard (XLN) 1
1 Glacial Fortress (XLN) 255
3 Vine Mare (M19) 207
4 Llanowar Elves (M19) 314
4 Temple Garden (GRN) 258
1 Unbreakable Formation (RNA) 29
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
4 Hallowed Fountain (RNA) 251
3 Gideon Blackblade (WAR) 13
1 Prison Realm (WAR) 26
2 Paradise Druid (WAR) 171
3 Teferi, Time Raveler (WAR) 221
4 Barkhide Troll (M20) 165
3 Vivien, Arkbow Ranger (M20) 199
5 Forest (M20) 279
2 Hinterland Harbor (DAR) 240
2 On Serra's Wings (DAR) 28
2 Baffling End (RIX) 1
4 Jadelight Ranger (RIX) 136
4 Sunpetal Grove (XLN) 257

1 Knight of Autumn (GRN) 183
3 Deputy of Detention (RNA) 165
1 God-Eternal Rhonas (WAR) 163
1 Vivien, Champion of the Wilds (WAR) 180
2 Time Wipe (WAR) 223
2 Devout Decree (M20) 13
2 On Serra's Wings (DAR) 28
1 Baffling End (RIX) 1
2 Tocatli Honor Guard (XLN) 42

I may be bad at magic, but I can data entry.

Edit: That bant hex deck might suck a bit. I'm 1 and 7 with it, with my 1 win being a guy who disconnected. I've either gotten overrun by tokens or just endless mana draws with nothing to spend it on.

Bedurndurn fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 2, 2019

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
How stupid am I for going 3x Heart-Piercer Bow and 4x Fathom Fleet Cutthroat in M20 Draft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Arivia posted:

How stupid am I for going 3x Heart-Piercer Bow and 4x Fathom Fleet Cutthroat in M20 Draft?

Get an Ogre Siegebreaker and you got yourself a stew going.