Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
:munch: as a player in a season of survivor i would say i dont agree with frozen burning bird man except for the one on the far right, that is clearly a bottle. ok. goodluck have fun goodby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's been a long journey, guys. Before we get to the challenge on Monday at 7:30PM EST, I'd like for all the remaining players to have a moment in this thread, to reflect on every single person voted out of the game so far. It goes a long way to remember your Fallen Comrades.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Going out for Cardinals at Dodgers. Phone posting will surely evoke the sense of an overly-long hike across a generic island in the South Pacific!

Sandwolf: We hardly knew ye. In the first tribal council of the season, we also got the first mid-tribal vote switch of the game! Exciting stuff. Based on your mafia resume, I actually put you down as the biggest threat to win in the pot smash challenge. I might have been alone in that, but I'd love to see you actually get a chance to play. Next season, maybe?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wolery: Never got the chance to learn the first thing. I hope you had fun in your short time on the islandthread.

DURF :v:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Mr Maltose: Man. Man. You guys were one space away from our last single-space sub from staying safe and dooming a Durf. And you had a huge advantage! I don't know how that happened. Long since your torch-snuff we have bemoaned that shitshow of a challenge, rocking ourselves nervously, hoping beyond hope that it was the worst thing we'd see in this catastrophe of an internet adventure.

I can only imagine how you must have felt.

You really took one for the team with that one, Mr. Maltose. I tip my hat to you, sir.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soa3gO7tL-c

:smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I guess I have to do these so here goes!

Sandwolf - You were cast aside before we really had a chance to know you, and with some unfortunate circumstances as well.
Wolery - Time zones can be a real liability sometimes, and I guess that's what happened to you :(
Mr. Maltose - Man, sorry about that terrible challenge being your demise. But better you than me!
The Goog - I like your avatar but it looks like you fell to the same fate as Wolery, being in a bad time zone. So many people I didn't have a chance to meet!
Chili - We were going to work together! But you thought it would be funny to go for a blindside and your malice caused your demise. Oops!
Your Personal Muse - I actually appreciated your heeling but it went over the top sometimes and I you accidently crossed the line between goat and go away
Disco Spider -
CapnAndy - Andy :( My first true ally. Your choice to sit back too long despite my insistence not to ended up being your early demise. You probably would have needed a Fast Luckian immunity run to have a shot at the finals though.
Dhaes - I tried to talk to you but you wanted none of it. Your blind loyalty to your friend is admirable but ruined your chances in this game. I don't think you care, though.
Bowmore - Pancakes. I never really talked to you, though I wish I would have. My interactions with Dhaes had lead me to believe that it wasn't really worth the time and I suppose I was wrong, but I only had so much time in the day and didn't want the bad vibes.
Windshipper - You tried to play too many sides and blew up when it caught up to you. Without you, though, I don't think I would still be here, so I wholeheartedly thank you for that.
McEdger - A Chill Dude, true to the BYOB spirit. Got caught on the wrong side :( You are also a big reason I am still here, of course.
Byers - Always planning ahead. Your work did wonders for getting the Durfs back in control after the Andy vote.
Majuju - The chillest dude. Nobody wanted to vote you out but I think we all felt like it had to happen, and you knew it, and accepted it with open arms because you could tell how bad it made us feel. When the game was getting us down you were there with something cool to talk about to take our minds off it for a little while and make things fun again.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I didn't get much time to know him but Sandwolf was an active guy in our doc in the time he was in the game. There's no telling what might have happened or how different the game may have gone if he'd not been in the hospital with a friend on the day of the first challenge and our tribal council. Of course, none of us knew where he'd disappeared to, so unfortunately he was voted out for being absent.

None of us left in the game spent any time with Wolery, but I think Disco and Winds and YPM formed the first De alliance, with Skinty being the fourth one in. So I guess Wolery was simply caught being on the outside of the alliance.

I liked Maltose and was sad to see him go, but I was also glad that it was going to be him and not me. I wanted to see Maltose play a bit harder but in the end he was a victim of some of the existing relationships we had in our tribe going in.

The Goog is as mysterious to me as for Wolery, but I guess he too was caught outside the alliance. I'm not sure what went wrong for Goog and Wolery that left them on the outside at De.

Chili was my first sort of alliance! I think a Hurf 2 plus De 2 alliance was there for the taking at the shuffle but from all accounts Chili overplayed. His ouster was definitely disappointing for me.

Everything I've heard about YPM is that he's a good dude and I believe it despite his posting. It looks like a mistake that me and bowmore didn't stick with Muse and Disco at the shuffle, although by then Chili had also been lost. Did YPM throw the challenge that led to his boot??

I liked Disco. He seemed to be haunted by a cloud of suspicion at all times, and I don't doubt he was willing to betray people, but he was honest with me about the plotting he got into. In retrospect him and the old De players not hooking up post-merge was a missed opportunity.

Ah, the face of Durf, and also the one Durf to fall before the the end game. We never talked but it seems like he was one of the driving forces behind making Durf the tight group it became, and that continued after his departure.

Dhaes was cool. He was probably in the power position in Hurf just because of how liked he was by all and he always laid out however it was he felt. He's a guy I would definitely ally with again if we went back and did it all over.

My last original Hurf, and also my longest-tenured ally. We survived the shuffle together and we even briefly survived the post-shuffle together. It was a devastating moment the night he got voted out.

I contacted Windshipper post-Disco vote saying, oh, hey, the Durfs are going to boot us all, we're in big trouble, aren't we? And he responded very optimistically that he was sure we could figure something out. I have to thank him for being so ready to work with us, which is what helped us get to that memorable Andy boot. After that we had our ups and downs but it was all just playing the game and trying to protect ourselves.

Skinty was one of the better friends I made playing this game. I was bouncing ideas off him nonstop and we were trying to figure an escape out until the very end. I still regret we weren't able to get something figured out before Skinty, sadly, ended up in the Durf crosshairs and was lost.

Man, I've tried to figure out sometimes where Byers went wrong. Did he just become too visibly the frontrunner when he saved Durf by recruiting Winson back into the fold? Did he overplay by making too many deals and talking to too many people? Or was he a victim of Durf's own extreme loyalty? Hard to say, but he's still a frontrunner in my opinion now in terms of the Player of the Season Award vote.

I sent Majuju a friendly PM once and he just outright ignored it, so I've never spoken to him, but I'm sure the Durfs will have plenty of nice things to say about him, as he was apparently great if you were assigned to the same starting tribe as he was.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The Goog: Never knew him, but looking in from the outside with Byers and his mafia experience, the odds were clearly not in his favor.

Chili: Never knew him, but everybody agrees that he was a very strong contender for the win so it's a bit surprising that he got the axe so soon when he had so much to work with.

Your Personal Muse: He was kind of annoying in the thread, and I'd like to imagine that I in particular had a very special love/hate relationship with him. But it seems that his meanie monster persona was just for fun gameplay, and he actually seems like a decent guy.

Disco Spider: Aww. We just couldn't trust the guy, not after he sang us sweet songs while plotting to blindside Byers the vote prior. Ultimately Disco was just too big a Spider to be able to work with him.

CapnAndy: Man. You guys got us, and you got us good. Andy was a ridiculously strong player and had good connections with almost everybody he got the chance to work with. I think he had a solid connection with almost every Durf, and even knowing that, I was very sad to see him go.

Dhaes: Seemed like a really cool guy, and he showed admirable flexibility in his gameplay. Now, will he be a SUPER cool guy and show up for final tribal council???

Bowmore: This is where casting votes really turned into a chore, because I really liked the guy. He was well-humored and fun to play with, and it sucked that he was the victim after the single most chaotic hour I experienced in the entire game (THIS INCLUDES COUNTING).

windshipper: :woof: :radcat:

But then we actually had a conversation and I was pleasantly surprised that the radcat guy was actually pretty awesome.

Seeing him explode all over the thread...I don't know if it was game, and I don't know how deeply he meant what he said, but it was really difficult to read. I felt awful. I hope that after all the dust settles we can hug it out or something.

Good loving job on the Andy boot, anyway :unsmith:

Skinty McEdger: I like him a lot. Even though we were never able or willing to work together, we talked a bit and I was very impressed by his intelligence and candor. We kind of had to get rid of him; he's just too drat likeable. He definitely left a very strong impression on the game.

Byers2142: My strongest Day 1 ally. We were together for the entire game, we kept in close contact, and our moves were tightly coordinated until the bitter end. I knew that arguing against him in the finals would be difficult at best, because he was much more proactive in talking to everybody and even if I had a hand in strategy, he was the face of just about everything we did. This is the "sorry man but I had to get rid of you if I wanted a shot at winning" boot, and I know that if he'd been in the same position, he'd have done the same thing to me.

Majuju: My final Day 1 ally, and it's really dumb gameplay on my part but I was really not happy to see him go, at all. I mean, yeah, of course he's funny and chill as hell, but he's also the sort of Good Person you don't expect to want to play a game like this. He never ever lied to me, and it always felt like he had my back. His chat window was a staple of my gmail screen, and I really miss it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

I guess I have to do these so here goes!

Disco Spider -

I don't know why I left that blank. I didn't really get to talk to you because we were only on the same tribe for a few days, but even then it was obvious that anyone who did talk to you was afraid of you getting further in the game.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
This is sort of truncated because I have no idea who some of the folks are and didn't really get to know some of them. Sometimes I wonder how I got here at all, it is like playing plinko or something.

The Goog: Dunno from Goog. Sorry hoss!

Chili: I only know Chili by THE FEAR he inspired in others, which is pretty cool. If anything I have learned in this game, the key to survival is to seem useless and unassuming. The nail that sticks up gets pounded, I reckon.

Your Personal Muse: You were annoying when you were around and I wanted you gone, but it turned out you were interesting when you were gone and I wished you were back from time to time.

Mr. Maltose I liked you in other games, you are a pro fellow. Also a crafty one.

Wolery: Another blank for me, I am terrible at paying attention.

Sandwolf Sorry you got bumped for being in the ER. Having missed poo poo in this game for parent related hijinks, I sort of empathize.

Disco Spider: Another goon I should have gotten to know better. It is occuring to me if I am to be voted out my big regret is not being voted out earlier so I could have hung out with the Ponderosa crew because the hanging out seems to be the best part of this game, really.

CapnAndy: I have felt bad for doing something few times in TG history, and helping throw you under the bus may be the worst I have felt. Not that it didn't stop me, but I felt lovely about it. You seemed to get what I was about and possibly of anyone in this thread you may understand why.

Dhaes: I never really talked or interacted with you much! I suppose that gives you very little reason to vote for me, but I hope you do anyway. This is a futile hope, and it occurs to me in hoping it I may get a chance to hang out with you briefly if I dont win immunity.

Bowmore: A rad guy in his way, and I am a fan of Bowmore from other games.

windshipper: Oh man, the dude who will not vote for me unless I murder other Durfs. You seemed crazy as a daisy, I hope you are feeling better.

Skinty McEdger: You were the craftiest person I actually had to deal with personally. One hell of a scrapper, I tell you what.

Byers2142: I am still not clear why you have a rep for being the devil, although maybe that is just what people told me in PMs to get me to do stuff they wanted me to do.

Majuju: Oh, sweet Maj, we hardly knew ye. The winningest of fellows.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gY2wtmcADo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

You've all come a long way. It's now time for the final Individual Immunity Challenge.

All four of you will be required to make a post every 5 minutes, based on forums post time found at the bottom of your posts. You can post in frequencies faster than that, but you must make one post at most 5 minutes apart from your last one. Any longer, and you are eliminated from this competition.

SPECIFIC RULES, READ ME. REALLY, READ THE BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT READ THE BELOW, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ELIMINATION

• Spelling and end-of-sentence punctuation will count. Don't be pedantic about color or colour, all three forms of English are acceptable here. If you make an error or go off-topic, you won't be eliminated, but your post will not count and we will not be notifying you if a post is wrong. It's your responsibility to proofread your own posts.

• You cannot plagiarize, not even paraphrasingly or partially. You need to be making one hundred percent original thoughts here. This includes not being allowed to take a post you made earlier and changing words around. If we suspect you of just rephrasing the same statement, we'll make a judgment call and eliminate you.

• You will be required to post about certain subjects during each half hour, individual to you and in this thread. I want you to post your thoughts, opinions, concerns, interests, etc about each subject. When I or another mod issues a subject change, if your post on a prior subject accidentally spills over into the new subject, that is okay, as long as it's limited to one post. We're not sadists after all. But if you make a spillover old-topic post, the new topic should be extremely clear for you to see. Always check the prior page to make sure the New Subjects post wasn't bottom-paged.

• No quoting allowed at all.

• As usual, no out of thread communication is permitted.
    Spectators, please refrain from posting during this competition.

• If you screw up, if a post is wrong, or you have bad grammar or forgot to switch topics, we will not alert you. It's your responsiblity to keep up and monitor your own posts. We will only post to announce an elimination.

Does anybody have ANY questions whatsoever? ask them now if you do. Your subjects have all been pre-determined and screened for moderate fairness. If you don't know a subject, just pull poo poo out of your rear end.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

I have never hated anyone or anything any more than I hate you, right now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ok well at least there's a twist to make this slightly interesting.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
If we notice an error in a post, what's the protocol? Mafia-edit? Copy/paste with error fixed? Or do we have to do a whole new post?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Pregame Sync Test

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Oh christ this game

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

OK lets do it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

If we notice an error in a post, what's the protocol? Mafia-edit? Copy/paste with error fixed? Or do we have to do a whole new post?

Whole new post. NO EDITING ALLOWED AT ALL, IF A NINJA EDIT IS SPOTTED YOU ARE OUT.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

We are here, lets roll.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

John Cena posted:

Whole new post. NO EDITING ALLOWED AT ALL, IF A NINJA EDIT IS SPOTTED YOU ARE OUT.

So we have to have brand new thoughts and ideas?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

You can do multiple posts within the five minute period, I'm sorry if that's not clear. The minimum requirement is one valid on topic post at least every five minutes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sounds good to me

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Here we go. Posts count every FIVE MINUTES FORUMS TIME. It's your own risk if you space it out as much as possible.

HERE ARE YOUR SUBJECTS. Your posts must be at least two complete sentences long.

Winson Paine: describe the manner in which you destroyed the best thing you ever built using Lego brand construction-style blockules.
Fast Luck: Is replayability an important component of video games?
Propaganda Machine: Ways to chill after a hard day
Ice Phoenix: The growth of e-sports

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

So we have to have brand new thoughts and ideas?

Did you read the rules?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I like to crack open a beer to chill after a long, hard day. It is not only relaxing, but also quite cold.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

The best thing that I ever built was a DUPLOTM castle with my child. It was destroyed when I took it apart the next day. The room was very messy.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

E-Sports have certainly come a long way in the last few years.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I think the replay value of a game both is and is not an important component. I'll elaborate in the posts to come!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I find taking the train home to be very relaxing. I don't have to worry about traffic, and I can just doze off or play a silly game.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

It was worth it, even if she was sad we took it down. Stepping on a LEGO block is a horrible thing, barefoot and at night.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

They used to just be hobbies for anyone outside of Korea, you couldn't really make money off of them.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I don't spend much time playing video games. As such, for most genres, if I play a game to completion I usually never have the intention of playing it again.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Sometimes crowds and traffic can be even more stressful than the day itself. At moments like those, I'll duck into a coffee shop to grab a tea and read the paper or something.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Making a fortress out of blocks meant for very small children is not as difficult as one might think. In fact, it is so easy even a child can master the skill.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

They used to just be hobbies for anyone outside of Korea, you couldn't really make money off of them.

You have failed to make a post at least two sentences long five minutes from the start of the challenge. You have been eliminated.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

In that way, I would say replay value is not very important. For certain games, though, replay value is much more vital.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I guess that's what I get for reading the rules post and then my topic. Good luck everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
There's nothing quite so relaxing as tea. It's warm, and delicious, and very soothing.

• Locked thread