Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

As someone who vapes and eats edibles on a fairly regular basis the two sides of this argument should probably stop trying to one up each other so we can discuss, I dunno, potential draftees?

You just dropped two rounds on the TFF big board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

AAA DOLFAN posted:

As someone who vapes and eats edibles on a fairly regular basis the two sides of this argument should probably stop trying to one up each other so we can discuss, I dunno, potential draftees?

Always take the weed guy.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Quick poll, how many of y'all think your team would take Gurley in the first round? I think the Lions will take him if he's there at 23.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Quick poll, how many of y'all think your team would take Gurley in the first round? I think the Lions will take him if he's there at 23.

Gurley won't make it to the 2nd round. Late teens to early twenties like you said is where I'd expect interest to start.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Every year some poor fringe dude loses his job because his piss had THC in it, or a college kid doesn't get the shot he would have had. Maybe it doesn't meet your criteria for "ruining" lives, but it definitely is resulting in consequences for individuals that do not seem particularly reflective of whatever their crime is supposed to be.

I can't think of one person who this applies to. If it did, I wouldn't feel sorry for him for a second. If you're a fringe guy trying to make it into the NFL and are just barely above the cut, don't smoke loving weed and ruin your own life. This from somebody who would never drop a player based on weed and partakes regularly.

If by ruining lives you mean a dude drops a round, makes a million less and then has to work his way into a second contract to make it up well, count me unconcerned.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

I fully expect the chargers to take him at 17

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Gurley is just a phenomenal talent especially in the reggie bush split wide sense (and Gurley projects to be a much better runner in the nfl if he can get his shoulders a bit down) but ugh the thought of a first round Rb I dunno.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Gurley is just a phenomenal talent especially in the reggie bush split wide sense (and Gurley projects to be a much better runner in the nfl if he can get his shoulders a bit down) but ugh the thought of a first round Rb I dunno.

This made me pause to reflect the NFL world we live in these days.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Honestly the fact that he's had two major knee injuries the past two years scares me more than just taking an RB in the first round. If I were the Texans, Chargers, or Cowboys I would strongly consider Gordon, IMO.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

AAA DOLFAN posted:

no we have to have a hill for chiche's bad posting to die on

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

bhsman posted:

Honestly the fact that he's had two major knee injuries the past two years scares me more than just taking an RB in the first round. If I were the Texans, Chargers, or Cowboys I would strongly consider Gordon, IMO.

Yeah, I'd love a healthy Gurley. But I'd think the FO might be a bit hesitant with knee injuries since Clowney and Nix

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Baltimore has always been a run first team, even when they shouldn't have been. I think the Ravens could pull the trigger on Gurley at 26 because Ozzie loves drafting out of the SEC.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Baltimore has always been a run first team, even when they shouldn't have been. I think the Ravens could pull the trigger on Gurley at 26 because Ozzie loves drafting out of the SEC.

He's going to draft Yeldon in like the 2nd and it'll be a horrible reach.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Excuse me but Ozzie Newsome only overdrafts bad Alabama players when the rest of the world thinks they'll be good as well.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

If the Steelers hadn't just taken Bell, I can definitely see them taking Gurley.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

I had a dream last night that the skins traded Alfred Morris in preparation for taking an RB in the 1st.

i really hope i'm not tapped into scot mcloughan's subconscious. Gurley's probably going to be real good, but still.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

If the Steelers hadn't just taken Bell, I can definitely see them taking Gurley.

this, but with my team, and the dude my team drafted.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
i feel pretty confident that an RB in the first is one of the few mistakes the Browns aren't likely to make, since they have two guys who can carry the ball already. they might draft someone in like the 6th to be a pure short yardage guy or to be a scatback, but i doubt they go RB in the first 4 rounds

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Excuse me but Ozzie Newsome only overdrafts bad Alabama players when the rest of the world thinks they'll be good as well.

He really wiffed on that CJ Mosley. Not even defensive rookie of the year smh what a bust

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Raku posted:

He really wiffed on that CJ Mosley. Not even defensive rookie of the year smh what a bust

It was really embarrassing when he got busted for weed in London.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I absolutely hated the Mosely pick in large part because I still foolishly believe in Arthur Brown. Also, I thought that Mosely was going to be supremely mediocre. Doubt I've ever been more wrong about a prospect.

I was referring to can't miss prospects Courtney Upshaw and Terrence Cody.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

It was really embarrassing when he got busted for weed in London.

That was the other CJ Mosley unless that's :thejoke:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm also worried that Alex Smith's career might be over, he only got in two games last year (yeah that was :thejoke:)

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Forever_Peace posted:

Always take the weed guy.

Not always. loving Mike Adams.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
And Josh Gordon. I mean, loving all world talent, but the weed guy can't see the field because of weed.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The four original weed guys that Matt Taibbi used as examples were...

Warren Sapp :thumbsup:

Randy Moss :woop:

Percy Harvin :shrug:

Aaron Hernandez :stonk:

So maybe it's more of a 50/50 thing.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
How do you not mention Ricky there?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The long and the short of it is that some weed guys are really really good, and the ones that are super good have that particular transaction overlooked because of talent. Some weed guys are average and never get a second chance because they are only average and not worth the extra effort.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

The four original weed guys that Matt Taibbi used as examples were...

Warren Sapp :thumbsup:

Randy Moss :woop:

Percy Harvin :shrug:

Aaron Hernandez :stonk:

So maybe it's more of a 50/50 thing.

Bill Belichick probably hurt Aaron Hernandez more than weed

(by drafting him to the one location that best allowed him to reconnect with his bad influence parasitic "support system" from his childhood)

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I absolutely hated the Mosely pick in large part because I still foolishly believe in Arthur Brown. Also, I thought that Mosely was going to be supremely mediocre. Doubt I've ever been more wrong about a prospect.

I was referring to can't miss prospects Courtney Upshaw and Terrence Cody.

Upshaw isn't even a bust.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

swickles posted:

And Josh Gordon. I mean, loving all world talent, but the weed guy can't see the field because of weed.

And the entire roster of Jacksonville

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Moxie posted:

(by drafting him to the one location that best allowed him to reconnect with his bad influence parasitic "support system" from his childhood)

I don't know man, the more I hear the more I think he was the bad influence like, wherever he went, not the other way around.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

I don't know man, the more I hear the more I think he was the bad influence like, wherever he went, not the other way around.

Well you might think this about the guy who murdered three people, shot the eye out of a fourth and attempted to murder two more but let me tell you about :patssay:

I'm kind of annoyed Todd Marinovich hasn't come up as an original weed guy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I'm kind of annoyed Todd Marinovich hasn't come up as an original weed heroin guy.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Always draft the meth guy.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Moxie posted:

I like where you're going with this, we should charge Bill as an accessory.

Mr Belichick is it true that you drafted Mr. Hernandez knowing your location was close enough for his past associates to remain in his life?

That's the past, we drafted Aaron because he's a great player, but there are a lot of great players out there, we're just focused on moving forward and looking at next week's opponent.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Moxie posted:

He was murdering dudes in Gainesville too.

Sometimes a guy just really likes to murder people.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it would've been cool if he fled the country when he realized he was gonna get caught and went and joined isis.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Volkerball posted:

it would've been cool if he fled the country when he realized he was gonna get caught and went and joined isis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trfEc5VN-9I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

:laffo: this dude in the red hat is over there too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4DDrWwgysk

all kinds of homies. german homies. internet homies. british homies. hernandez would've done well there.

• Locked thread