Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Some Numbers posted:

I totally rolled my eyes when Cass said "don't tell them" because I'm expecting that to be milked for drama.

But at least it was Cass and not one of the brothers.

I know I was just like "JESUS CHRIST NO MORE SECRETS FOR gently caress'S SAKE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Tiggum posted:

This episode didn't really do much for me. Firstly because I just don't really care about Jack at all. Like, fair enough that the characters care about him but I don't feel like they've given the audience enough reason to. Secondly, I didn't for one second believe he was actually dying permanently.

JACK DIED ON THE WAY TO HIS HOME PLANET, BUT WAS BROUGHT BACK

I do like that they didn't kill him though. It's bad enough Charlie and Ketch are out on "missions" and Mary and Bobby are getting their "feelings sorted out" :quagmire: in a cabin in the remote woods, and all the other background hunters seem to be fading. If we lose Jack, it's a good sign that they'll be ditching the current format and going back to Sam/Dean/Sometimes Cas which would be lame.

Also next week: GARTH :dance:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1072970911567859712

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Awesome! he really needs to shake off the walking dead blues.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

:swoon:

:dance:

So cool. Can't wait for him and Mary to meet again!

And for him to see his sons grown up and with more experience than him!

Would have been cool to get a few episodes out of it, or a 2 parter at least but I'll take what I can get.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm very ready for this. Looks like that'll be in a couple of months?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
So far I think Jack has been really great, but my favorite thing is them not using makeup on the actor's chicken pox scars.

The little half-satan had some vicious 7 seconds of chicken pox.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Castiel: "Jack, If you can't sleep that's understandable, given recent events."
Jack: "You mean dying and coming back to life."
Castiel: "Yeah, we've all been through it. It's something of a rite of passage around here."

:lol:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RIP Kansas City

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
That was a hell of a midseason finale.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/mishacollins/status/1085322901929132032

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/jarpad/status/1085589582178107392

:allears:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I like this one:

Family reunion portrait time--but the kids forgot their socks!

From what it sounds like, while it is a one off, they will give the boys some time to talk with John and catch up on what they've done with their lives (I really hope Dean says "I killed Hitler!"). And there will be a John/Mary scene. Also part of the plot is what the residents of Lawrence, KS think of these crazy brothers.

Not gonna lie, if they had to kill off/get rid of Mary (though I don't want that), having her go back to Heaven with John would be great.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm getting a little misty eyed just thinking of it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Suits and dress shoes with no socks? Get the gently caress outta here.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

I'm just imagining the annoying love triangle between John/Mary/Alt-Earth Bobby

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I hope you guys can see these shots...everytime I look at them my monitor just gets...blurry. Yeah, that's it.

JDM always said he'd only come back for the finle, but since that seems like it will never happen, he finally had to give in and show up for this one. But...

quote:

But will the 300th — which focuses heavily on “closure” for Sam and Dean — be the last we see of John? Morgan certainly hopes not. “Hopefully they’ll leave it in a place where John could come back again,” Morgan tells EW. “My dream would be to come back and do something in the last year, the last episode, the last couple episodes, whatever, and do a proper little arc.”

He STILL wants to come in at the end! :dance:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Astroman posted:

I hope you guys can see these shots...everytime I look at them my monitor just gets...blurry. Yeah, that's it.

JDM always said he'd only come back for the finle, but since that seems like it will never happen, he finally had to give in and show up for this one. But...

He STILL wants to come in at the end! :dance:

This rules

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Man, the JDM stuff on top of tonight's episode made me feel nostalgic about a show that is still on and will be forever.

No other show has such a deep roster of minor characters that you forget until they show up and really hit you in the heart.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I had no idea who Pamela was until they showed the flashback of her getting her eyes burned out and even now I have only vague memories of that happening. I don't recall who she was to Dean or why she'd be in his dreamworld. Or when or how she died.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Tiggum posted:

I had no idea who Pamela was until they showed the flashback of her getting her eyes burned out and even now I have only vague memories of that happening. I don't recall who she was to Dean or why she'd be in his dreamworld. Or when or how she died.

Back in season 4 right after Castiel pulled Dean from Hell they went to see Pamela to try and figure out what got him out, since Castiel hadn't formally introduced himself to Dean yet.

They did a seance and Pamela was trying to get a look at Castiel. He warned her but she kept going and Castiel's true form can't be handled by human eyes, so it burned her eyes out.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

trash person posted:

Back in season 4 right after Castiel pulled Dean from Hell they went to see Pamela to try and figure out what got him out, since Castiel hadn't formally introduced himself to Dean yet.

They did a seance and Pamela was trying to get a look at Castiel. He warned her but she kept going and Castiel's true form can't be handled by human eyes, so it burned her eyes out.

That was the bit I actually did remember.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh no, Micahel's army consists of.. like.. uh.. 5 rage zombies

And the hunters suck so much they can't stop them without Jack's help

:lol:

I knew they wouldn't have the balls to waste the city and change the status quo.
:mediocre:

PS: Incompetence combo - they all knew guns wouldn't work but not one hunter had a blade.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looking drat fine there Pam!

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Tiggum posted:

She got stabbed by a demon while helping them astral project for some reason I can't remember.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Flatscan posted:

She got stabbed by a demon while helping them astral project for some reason I can't remember.

I'd ask if they were ever going to address the now grown up kid that's mother Dean shanked for no real reason being a dickhead (Sam's childhood friend), given he was a ghoul or something and spared. It's literally been almost a decade since then.

I doubt they ever will, I think the show wants everyone to forget season 6, 8 and 9 where the Winchesters were massive assholes. They've really stopped being shitheads now but just Goddamn, it was like the rear end in a top hat Olympics for a while.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can I just say I don't think the show can ever reach a worse point than when after a whole season of trying to close the gates to hell and realizing that would kill him, Sam chickens out at the last second and fucks everything up instead of, you know, not doing it in the first place then ends up getting a bunch of people killed because of it because of course.

To add insult to injury not one character was smart enough to go "If we close the gates to hell won't we just have a lot of dickhead ghosts that won't go away?" until like, after that point.

God that season. Poor Kevin Train, definitely on the top 10 'pointlessly hosed over' list and they treated him like poo poo. I thought maybe alternate Tran was going to get rescued and reunited with his mom but he exploded. :lol:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'd ask if they were ever going to address the now grown up kid that's mother Dean shanked for no real reason being a dickhead (Sam's childhood friend), given he was a ghoul or something and spared. It's literally been almost a decade since then.

I doubt they ever will, I think the show wants everyone to forget season 6, 8 and 9 where the Winchesters were massive assholes. They've really stopped being shitheads now but just Goddamn, it was like the rear end in a top hat Olympics for a while.

The kitsune episode was in 7, right after Castiel went insane and then 'died', and Dean's at his worst when he's betrayed/his friends die.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I was frowning at the screen when they were waiting for the monsters to arrive. The bunker is supposed to be nearly impenetrable. Even Abbadon needed to get the key and couldn't just break down the door, so what are a bunch of vampires and werewolves going to do? Knight of hell should beat regular monsters even with the angel juice. I was all ready to be mad about nerfing the bunker for a dumb thing. Then they side-stepped the whole issue and had a human mistake leave the door open. :newlol: Silly, but better than saying angel blood makes monsters more powerful than Abbadon.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Those humans had stormtrooper levels of aiming abilities.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

I was frowning at the screen when they were waiting for the monsters to arrive. The bunker is supposed to be nearly impenetrable. Even Abbadon needed to get the key and couldn't just break down the door, so what are a bunch of vampires and werewolves going to do? Knight of hell should beat regular monsters even with the angel juice. I was all ready to be mad about nerfing the bunker for a dumb thing. Then they side-stepped the whole issue and had a human mistake leave the door open. :newlol: Silly, but better than saying angel blood makes monsters more powerful than Abbadon.

I thought it wasn't that it was a mistake to leave the door open, but that one of the hunters had been turned at the abandoned van and had purposefully left the door open?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

hangedman1984 posted:

I thought it wasn't that it was a mistake to leave the door open, but that one of the hunters had been turned at the abandoned van and had purposefully left the door open?

The human mistake was allowing that guy to go into the woods alone. And then assigning that particular guy to be the one to lock the door instead of locking it herself as soon as everyone was in. Small mistakes in a tense situation, but that's all it took.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Finally caught up on Netflix. Did anyone else notice tht they completely ignored the in-universe president two make two weak shots at Trump as president in the finale of 13?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn.

I don't think I have ever seen a show that really just seems to want to get rid of their main characters SO BADLY.

Kinda wondering why they decided to let our universes Michael be trapped in the cage and assumed loony just cause Lucifer said so.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Goddamn.

I don't think I have ever seen a show that really just seems to want to get rid of their main characters SO BADLY.

Kinda wondering why they decided to let our universes Michael be trapped in the cage and assumed loony just cause Lucifer said so.

We're probably going to see prime Michael at the same time we see Adam again (never)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just caught up via the CW ap. Why are they trickling out episodes? There's been 3 since november?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Ive watched from the beginning but I completely gave up after episode 1 of this season. Its just gone on to long and im not sure theres anything they could do to keep me interested. I want to finish it because ive watched it so long but at this point I think ill have to binge it once its finally over.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's never going to end.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GreenNight posted:

Those humans had stormtrooper levels of aiming abilities.

It was less that they couldn't aim and more 'why the gently caress are they shooting guns in the first place?'

Like literally everyone in the bunker knows the things coming down there can't be killed with bullets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Goddamn.

They'll never do it, but you know the PERFECT time to call them on the Adam bullshit?

The episode their father comes back. "Oh hey, boys, I hate to tell you this but I have a third kid.." "We know, we left him in the cage for nearly 10 years" "You did WHAT?"

Seriously Michael vs Michael and finally addressing would be hilarious. I'm surprised not one person brought up the actual cage.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 30, 2019