Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Wife found more poo poo.
That nexus mod by an author known as CLeF I posted at the end of the last post; turns out sayter really, really, REALLY hates CLeF, apparently because of this old pre-release reddit argument. Turns out sayter REALLY doesn't like to be told "no" and may have harrassed the poo poo out of this CLeF dude by digging up all his internet footprint and also getting his imgur library deleted as I mentioned in the previous post. All of this poo poo because someone disagreed with him in a reddit argument, as far as i'm able to tell! (second image in paticular - REALLY doesn't like being told he's wrong, apparently)

And yeah I can't really DO anything but I got a loving laugh out of his overblown this guy's ego is, and I don't see why he should just get to do whatever he wants without being called on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
This thread gets really hyperbolic about CF and Starbound, but all the bad stuff thats been said about FU and its creator has been proven to be dead on. That dude is absolutely horrible and that CF is apparently willing to continue working with him despite the fact that he routinely sabotages other modders reflects pretty poorly on them too.

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX
My favorite part is when his other coders were working to make Diverse Weathers compatible with / required by FU, but instead he went and ganked the code instead purely out of spite.

No, wait, my favorite part is how he publicly assured us he wouldn't use the Blattra as per our request, but says he's going to release a secret Blattra patch in Discord because we're assholes! :allears:

I Said No
May 21, 2007

CoffeeBooze posted:

This thread gets really hyperbolic about CF and Starbound, but all the bad stuff thats been said about FU and its creator has been proven to be dead on. That dude is absolutely horrible and that CF is apparently willing to continue working with him despite the fact that he routinely sabotages other modders reflects pretty poorly on them too.

I don't think CF can really be dunked on here. They just provide the framework that modders work on. I wouldn't really consider that "working with" anyone as such.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

You really gotta give us that Discord so we can laugh at a nerd.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Don't touch the poop, dude.
You can look at the poop, you can discuss the poop, you can smell the poop if you absolutely fuckin' have to, but don't touch the poop.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I Said No posted:

I don't think CF can really be dunked on here. They just provide the framework that modders work on. I wouldn't really consider that "working with" anyone as such.

I mean, they -can- be dunked on because they are supposed to have rules to that framework and hosting and they are supposed to enforce those rules on shitheads like this

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

hey supernorn can something be done about this shitlord

like i'm not even really calling for his head i'm just curious if nothing actually can be, policy-wise

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm not sure what licence you're using but if it's not permissive (or they didn't credit you) you can hit them with a DCMA notice to take down their github repo and steam page. :shrug:

I Said No
May 21, 2007

gmq posted:

I'm not sure what licence you're using but if it's not permissive (or they didn't credit you) you can hit them with a DCMA notice to take down their github repo and steam page. :shrug:

I honestly have no idea about licensing. I just make stuff. That's about as far as i'm invested. :v:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I Said No posted:

I honestly have no idea about licensing. I just make stuff. That's about as far as i'm invested. :v:

If there's no license all rights are reserved so you can (and should) hit them with a DCMA if they are using your assets without authorization.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

I Said No posted:

Last time this happened Supernorn or someone else at CF reached out to the FU guy and made him change FU to stop breaking your mod, didnt they? Maybe Im remembering things wrong but I could have sworn CF got involved which probably accounts for why the FU guy is so pissed off. If my memory is right though the fact that this dude is using his mod to try to rip off and punish other modders and CF is aware of it(which at this point they have to be since Supernorn is still active in this thread) thats incredibly lovely. Im going to take a wild guess that CF is routinely in touch with the creator of one of the biggest SB mods and probably provides support as needed. If they wanted him to stop acting like some kind of video game mod mafioso wannabe they could have told him to cut this poo poo out long ago.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

That was UnsubRedun's Mantizi mod, not me. That fiasco was a huge part of why I just won't work with or do compatibility patches for FU, though.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Post all this poo poo about them stealing your stuff on the starbound Reddit. Not that it's super active but then again what is with this game.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

They really ought to ban this rear end in a top hat for all the poo poo he gets up to. The man has made a business off of using the code and artwork of other modders without crediting them or even asking first, and there's no way that isn't breaking some big rules of conduct.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Is he actually making money off of FU? Because this kind of petty bullshit seems like the type of stuff you see with obsessive hobbyists more than anything. Kind of like those crazy edit wars about obscure stuff you occasionally see on Wikipedia.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Cicadas! posted:

They really ought to ban this rear end in a top hat for all the poo poo he gets up to. The man has made a business off of using the code and artwork of other modders without crediting them or even asking first, and there's no way that isn't breaking some big rules of conduct.

wait - i didn't even think about the donation angle i'm sure he has a button for

holy poo poo gently caress this guy 100%, i've just gone from 'heh what a clown' to nuclear fire on general principle

like the money involved is probably relatively peanuts but when you act like that you're clearly actively trying to choke money away from other people

EDIT: https://www.patreon.com/sayter
yeah, peanuts, but gently caress anyone making money off being this much of a dick on the internet

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

A kind of sketchy Paetron posted:

That said, getting myself a webcam/videocam is on the agenda now. I think it's time I started telling the world the best ways to make mods.

lol

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

sayter posted:

In terms of goals...I just want to produce the best mod I can in the best way I can. Sadly, this means a lot of time and effort without any real pay. So, consider this a bit of side-income so I don't starve to death. Yay for not starving!

That said, getting myself a webcam/videocam is on the agenda now. I think it's time I started telling the world the best ways to make mods.

"and then i'll have even more people i can jack code from, muhee hee hee"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

I Said No posted:

https://www.patreon.com/legal

quote:

If someone on Patreon is using your copyright without permission, then please send an email to copyright@patreon.com. This is complicated, so make sure to read the long version before you send us an email.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i really don't know if starbound mods (or unpaid mods in general) fit under copyright law

but then again, copyright law

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
they also specifically state on their guidelines that it's NOT OK if you're distributing someone else's work that you don't have permission to use to get patreon donations

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Oh yikes, I had no idea that FU consistently stole from other mods, likely because I've never used it. The acronym seems rather appropriate now for this kind of behaviour.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lmao, if that guy is going to be such a passive aggressive chode about it all then someone seriously needs to just post all that stuff on reddit or whatever and see what people make of that nuclear level of petty

I Said No
May 21, 2007

I think it's time I started telling the world the best ways to make mods.

EDIT:
loving lol, now he's trying to pull the public nice guy thing

I Said No fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 4, 2017

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

*pounds on table, points at screen, hoots and hollers*

*frame freezes, curlicue text slowly appearing that reads Starbound Thread*

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I now feel fully vindicated in my refusal to ever use FU or any mod even vaguely resembling it. Holy poo poo, what a dipstick.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I Said No posted:

That was UnsubRedun's Mantizi mod, not me. That fiasco was a huge part of why I just won't work with or do compatibility patches for FU, though.

man I gotta fix that mod, there's dialogue issues that are causing NPCs to explode, I just got a promotion and my work is making me travel so I have been completely drained of any desire to do anything with it

also, lol at recent events

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX
Apparently someone started posting the screenshot link in Sayter's mod comments and now he's very very angry that he was "taken out of context" because he "says mean stuff all the time." Updated the screenshots!

Dude, I don't care how much you want to cuss us out though you do seem pretty free with the slurs, there, but publicly stating how much you hate ISN for not giving you his content and how you're going to steal and break it, and then actually stealing and breaking his content, seems more like... "actively doing mean things."

Also I really don't know who Mr.Sandman is but he rules hahaha

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
jesus christ :cripes: I have never seen a modder act so entitled and delusional

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Arthmoor was pretty amazing but this owns because of how tiny the starbound mod community is, relatively. Arthmoor had thousands of people supporting him and dunking on him, I'd be surprised if like 100 people even know about this whole thing total

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 5, 2017

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

I wonder what gay monster dad needs to contact Mr Sandman about so urgently.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

I'm gay monster dad, they thought Sandman was my alt for some reason (he wasn't, he was just some dude who got caught up in all this poo poo).

Was trying to contact him cos they looked like they were planning on smearing/harassing the dude for some reason;

They probably aren't gonna do poo poo but I didn't really want to leave it up to chance. :shrug:

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Wow, its like theres no end to the shittery.

Also this type of behavior really needs to be seen by a broader audience because that is seriously hosed up.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Ho-ho-hoooooly poo poo. Don't suppose we can report this rear end in a top hat to the Steam moderators or something?

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Dunno if you really can without them doing something first. I did warn Sandman either way so if they do decide to be knobgoblins then he's forewarned, at least.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

DMCA that rear end in a top hat. Simply because he deserves to be publically shamed for being a massive oval office.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Wow. I could say a lot of things about this guy after reading this log but I think it speaks for itself well enough.

I will say that I hope he gets hit with every infraction that can rightfully be thrown at him, I hope all of his "mods" are taken from him as he took them from others, I hope he's IP banned from steam, the official site, and Patreon, and I hope that the rest of his "modding" career is relegated to an endless torrent of bitter, unrepentant tears in a shady offsite tucked away in some unknown and unloved corner of the internet.

This person has singlehandedly justified my intense phobia of publicly posting things that I've put love and care into to the internet, and I hate him for it.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The most unfortunate aspect is that their mindset discourages genuine modders from posting their creations, because they won't be credited for their work or even asked before having it stolen. This fellow lives a life of appropriation and it is apparent with these logs that dialogue only results in buckets of vitriol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX
Haha I finally got silently kicked out of the channel, guess they finished combing through all the users to find the mole (I didn't even bother changing my name or avatar, it took long enough.)