Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

biosterous posted:

absolutely this, it was great to utterly humiliate him when he was a shithead but now that he's growing up i want him to succeed (but i want goonlance to get cbills more than that)

Yep, I am glad that even the concept of encirclement and maneuver are present for him, it means he really could be reached :unsmith:

He just needs to start being a little more aggressive himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Either that or he needs a better LRM boat. Using his current tactic in an Archer would be a nightmare to deal with, for example.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.

Bloody Pom posted:

Either that or he needs a better LRM boat. Using his current tactic in an Archer would be a nightmare to deal with, for example.

Ooooo, an Archer...

Is it good, an Archer? I mean, I like it because of the fluff, but is it better than the Catapult?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

painedforever posted:

Ooooo, an Archer...

Is it good, an Archer? I mean, I like it because of the fluff, but is it better than the Catapult?

Depends what you're after.

Catapult-C1 is 2x LRM15 and 4x ML with 4/6/4 movement. And weak head armor and no arms (which has a negative standing modifier iirc)
Archer-2R is 2x LRM20, 2x Forward ML, 2x Real ML, with 4/6 movement. But it's also a command mech and has battle fists

Catapult is definitely more mobile and a better harasser, archer has more firepower and brings the command quirk to the table (but in this "players always win init" universe that has less value)

Azhais fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 12, 2024

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
The Archer is much better than the Catapult. The stock Catapult has 10 tons of armour, LRM-15s with 1 ton of ammo for each and two Design Quirks that are particularly bad (Minimal Arms and Weak Head Armour). The stock Archer by contrast has 13 tons of armour, LRM-20s with 2 tons of ammo for each and a slate of really good Design Quirks (Battle Fists, Command Mech, Stable, Ubiquitous).

The Catapult's only real advantage is that it has Jump Jets and its four backup Medium Lasers all face frontwards. The Archer also has four Medium Lasers, but two of them are rear-mounted.

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
Do we know where the WVE is going?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm submitting now to 0612 and firing at the STN

e: submitted

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 13, 2024

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
Awesome. Submitted to 0712 and shooting at the commando.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

I'm thinking I should just stand and shoot the COM, kick the STN. Any opinions?

0712 and 0612 are occupied, COM has narrow profile so standing give me the best odds. Downsides are I'm an easy target for everyone (but who isn't this turn) and I could be kicked.

I think the VTR and I would be shooting the CMD and the HBK and WVE vs the STN right?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Amechwarrior posted:

I'm thinking I should just stand and shoot the COM, kick the STN. Any opinions?

0712 and 0612 are occupied, COM has narrow profile so standing give me the best odds. Downsides are I'm an easy target for everyone (but who isn't this turn) and I could be kicked.

I think the VTR and I would be shooting the CMD and the HBK and WVE vs the STN right?

i think that's correct targeting but i do worry about leaving you as a juicy target, the blackjack is more fragile than my HBK and potentially going down to a kick would be pretty bad? not sure about better options unless you wanted to jump to 1110?

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022

Captain Foo posted:

i think that's correct targeting but i do worry about leaving you as a juicy target, the blackjack is more fragile than my HBK and potentially going down to a kick would be pretty bad? not sure about better options unless you wanted to jump to 1110?

I assume most of the enemy would shoot at the HBK but I believe if the Hunch backs up the Commando will be forced to turn its eyes on Blackjack, and keep in mind it's packing 20 damage worth of missiles. Enough to knock the poor BJ down or even knock its arm off if it gets lucky!

That said the Blackjack's current position isn't really conducive to moving without jump jets, and taking the -3 to accuracy would put a damper on it's murder potential...

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

I'm not worried about leaving myself as the fragile target. No one here isn't an easy shot and I'd rather lose the BJ1 instead of the HBK or VTR. I'm in pretty good condition compared to them so any shots I eat are ones they don't for this turn. If I jump, I wouldn't overcome the Narrow Profile of the CMD.

Submitted for standing, 2LL, 2ML at the CMD. Edit: Tacked on kicking the Sentinel. Melee skipped my mind as I haven't had much opportunities.

Amechwarrior fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 13, 2024

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

It’s gonna be a wild and wooly turn

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Cityscape_[9994]: Turn 11

Louis gasped. For a brief moment he didn’t know where he was or what he was doing. His head pounded, and his mind fizzled like a poorly tuned holoscreen. His cognition returned in dribs and drabs, thoughts and memories skittering across his bruised consciousness like pond skaters skimming across a stagnant puddle. He had clearly taken a fall – he could see clear blue sky through his cockpit window, and his sim pod had cranked itself way back. He must have failed to brace himself in time, and the snapback had blanked his mind for a split second.

Louis gritted his teeth and tried to power through the mindfog. He remembered trading fire with the Sentinel and mangling its left arm; a tremendous explosion and burning wreckage spewing everywhere; the Wolverine shredding his Hunchback’s right arm with a burst from its autocannon; trying to steady himself by bracing himself against the awning of a nearby building, which turned out to be made of wood and utterly incapable of supporting his weight…

“Bruiser! You okay there, buddy?” Archibald asked concernedly.

“Head’s a little fuzzy,” Louis grunted. “Right arm’s hanging by a thread, but it could’ve been a lot worse. Give me a sec and I’ll be up again.”

“Be careful. It looks like all the Fusiliers want a piece of you.”

Louis grinned. “Don’t blame ‘em. I’m a fine piece of rear end.” He frowned as he slowly propped himself up and caught sight of the mangled remains of a battlemech strewn across the street to the north. “That’s not one of ours, is it?”

“Nah. That’s the Commando. Cheeky bastard tried to front up to Sabre and got his guts splattered across the street.”

“No kidding.” Louis smirked and opened a link to Roger’s Victor. “Hey, Hauptmann. Having fun with your Victor? Ready to join the AC/20 club yet?”

Roger chuckled throatily. “It is quite satisfying, isn’t it? A shame the ammunition is so limited. We’ve barely been going for two minutes and I’ve already used up more than half of it!”

Weapons fire for Victor VTR-9B (Player):
-Fires AC/20 at Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 10: Hits Right Leg! Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers) takes 20 damage to Right Leg, 0/8 Armour, 0/6 Structure remaining. Right Leg destroyed! 13 damage transfers to Right Torso, 0/6 Armour, 0/6 Structure remaining. Right Torso destroyed! Right Arm blown off! Critical Chance! 5 damage transfers to Centre Torso, 3/8 Armour remaining.
--Critical Chance in Right Torso! Two Critical Hits sustained! Heat Sink hit! SRM-4 Ammunition hit! SRM-4 Ammunition explodes, dealing 176 damage! Pilot Hit x2!
---Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers) takes 176 damage to Right Torso! 176 damage transfers to Centre Torso, 0/8 Structure remaining. Centre Torso destroyed! Mech destroyed by ammunition explosion!
-Fires Medium Laser at Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 7: Hits Left Arm! Narrow Profile reduces damage to 2! Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers) takes 2 damage to Left Arm, 2/6 Armour remaining.
-Fires SRM-4 at Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 6: Misses!

Weapons fire for Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player):
-Fires Large Laser at Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 7: Hits Left Torso! Narrow Profile reduces damage to 4! Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers) takes 4 damage to Left Torso, 1/6 Armour remaining.
-Fires Large Laser at Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 9: Hits Head! Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Head, 1/6 Armour remaining. Armando Pasquier has already been eliminated, so no pilot damage is dealt.
-Fires Medium Laser at Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers); needs 6, rolls 6: Hits Centre Torso! Narrow Profile reduces damage to 2! Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers) takes 2 damage to Centre Torso, but it has already been destroyed.

Weapons fire for Hunchback HBK-4P (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser at Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 6: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 10: Hits Left Arm! Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Left Arm, 0/11 Armour, 3/6 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Left Arm! Two Critical Hits sustained! Large Laser damaged! Large Laser destroyed!
-Fires Medium Laser at Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 2: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 10: Hits Right Arm! Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers) takes 5 damage to Right Arm, 6/11 Armour remaining.
-Fires Small Laser at Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers); needs 9, rolls 6: Misses!

Weapons fire for Wyvern WVE-6N (Player):
-Fires Large Laser at Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers); needs 7, rolls 12: Hits Right Torso! Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers) takes 8 damage to Right Torso, 7/15 Armour remaining.
-Fires LRM-10 at Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers); needs 11, rolls 6: Misses!

--

Weapons fire for Commando COM-2D (Fusiliers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Victor VTR-9B (Player); needs 6, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires SRM-4 at Victor VTR-9B (Player); needs 6, rolls 6: 2 Missiles Hit! Victor VTR-9B (Player) takes 2 damage to Left Torso (18/20 Armour remaining) and Left Torso (16/20 Armour remaining).
-Fires SRM-6 at Victor VTR-9B (Player); needs 6, rolls 8: 2 Missiles Hit! Victor VTR-9B (Player) takes 2 damage to Centre Torso (18/30 Armour remaining) and Left Torso (14/20 Armour remaining).

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers):
-Fires PPC at Medium Building (Hex 1215); needs 0, rolls 8: Hits! Medium Building (Hex 1215) takes 10 damage, 30/40 CF remaining.
-Fires LRM-10 at Medium Building (Hex 1215); needs 2, rolls 8: 3 Missiles Hit! Medium Building (Hex 1215) takes 3 damage, 27/40 CF remaining.

Weapons fire for Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers):
-Fires Large Laser at Hunchback HBK-4P (Player); needs 6, rolls 11: Hits Right Leg! Hunchback HBK-4P (Player) takes 8 damage to Right Leg, 10/20 Armour remaining.
-Fires Small Laser at Hunchback HBK-4P (Player); needs 8, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires SRM-2 at Hunchback HBK-4P (Player); needs 6, rolls 7: 2 Missiles Hit! Hunchback HBK-4P (Player) takes 2 damage to Right Torso (2/20 Armour remaining) and 2 damage to Right Arm (4/16 Armour remaining).

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6D (Fusiliers):
-Fires AC/10 at Hunchback HBK-4P (Player); needs 6, rolls 7: Hits Right Arm! Hunchback HBK-4P (Player) takes 10 damage to Right Arm, 0/16 Armour, 2/8 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Right Arm! No Critical Hits sustained.
-Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4P (Player); needs 6, rolls 8: Hits Centre Torso! Hunchback HBK-4P (Player) takes 5 damage to Centre Torso, 21/26 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Goblin (SRM) (Fusiliers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Vedette (Standard) (Fusiliers):
-Fires AC/5 at Hunchback HBK-4P (Player); needs 6, rolls 8: Hits Left Arm! Hunchback HBK-4P (Player) takes 5 damage to Left Arm, 10/16 Armour remaining.

Physical attacks for Hunchback HBK-4P (Player):
-Would like to kick Goblin (SRM) (Fusiliers), but cannot do so because it has fallen over!

Physical attacks for Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player):
-Kicks Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers); needs 5, rolls 6: Hits Left Leg! Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers) takes 9 damage to Left Leg, 9/18 Armour remaining.

--

Physical attacks for Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers):
-Kicks Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player); needs 5, rolls 4: Misses!

Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player) gains 22 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 5 heat. Overheating!

Hunchback HBK-4P (Player) gains 26 heat, sinks 23 heat and is now at 3 heat.

Victor VTR-9B (Player) gains 14 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Wyvern WVE-6N (Player) gains 13 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 1 heat.

--

Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers) gains 14 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 2 heat.

Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers) gains 13 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 2 heat.

Wolverine WVR-6D (Fusiliers) gains 11 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Piloting checks for Hunchback HBK-4P (Player):
Took 20+ Damage: needs 6, rolls 4: Fails!
-Hunchback HBK-4P (Player) falls on its left side, suffering 5 damage to Left Arm, 5/16 Armour remaining.
--Pilot Louis Belkof must roll a 6+ to avoid damage. Rolls 3: Fails! Pilot Hit!

--

Piloting checks for Sentinel STN-3KA (Fusiliers):
Missed a Kick: needs 5, rolls 11: Succeeds!
Was Kicked: needs 5, rolls 5: Succeeds!

--

Louis Belkof (Hunchback HBK-4P) has taken 1 damage this turn! Must pass a consciousness test to avoid blacking out!
-Louis Belkof must roll a 3+ to remain conscious! Rolls 4: Succeeds!

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Dodge: Enables the pilot to make a dodge manoeuvre instead of a physical attack, inflicting a +2 accuracy penalty against enemy physical attacks during the melee phase.
-Evasive Action: By forfeiting the right to fire during the shooting phase, the pilot gains the ability to move evasively, inflicting an additional +1 penalty against incoming weapons fire and physical attacks. The unit must use its Running MP, have undamaged hips, and will gain an extra +2 heat at the end of the round.
-Hopping Jack: Pilot suffers a +2 penalty when firing after jumping instead of +3.
-Multi-Tasker: When splitting fire between multiple targets, secondary targeting penalties are reduced by 1.
-Rangemaster: Range modifiers for long and short range are switched.
-Toughness: Grants bonus to consciousness rolls.

Relevant Design Quirks:
-Battle Fists: The mech receives a -1 accuracy bonus when punching.
-Cramped Cockpit: The pilot suffers a +1 penalty on piloting rolls.
-Extended Torso Twist: The mech can twist its torso one hex further than usual.
-Narrow Profile: The mech takes less damage from incoming weapons fire if the margin of success is +1 or lower. Direct fire weapons deal half damage, while cluster attacks receive a -4 penalty when determining the number of hits.
-Poor Workmanship: The unit takes a +1 penalty on critical rolls.

--

Primary Objectives:
-Eliminate enemy commander (Etienne Decimis) (0/1)
-Destroy at least four Fusilier battlemechs (3/4)

Secondary Objectives:
-Destroy the statue of Marquis Rousseau Decimis (Hex 1619) (50,000 C-Bill reward)
-Destroy City Militia Base (100,000 C-Bill reward) Complete!
-Destroy Militia Fuel Depot (150,000 C-Bill reward)

--

Next Orders Due: Saturday 17th 9:00PM GMT.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Feb 14, 2024

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Starting from next mission I think I'll move the falling over checks caused by taking 20+ damage to the end of the Shooting Phase. They technically happen then anyway, and it will avoid oddities like the Hunchback-kick-time paradox we see in the latest update.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Wow that's an incredibly unlucky set of misses for the HBK on top of everything

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
9 shots, 2 hits. The true 4P experience

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Scintilla posted:

Starting from next mission I think I'll move the falling over checks caused by taking 20+ damage to the end of the Shooting Phase. They technically happen then anyway, and it will avoid oddities like the Hunchback-kick-time paradox we see in the latest update.

I was about to ask this after reading the update.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Xarn posted:

I was about to ask this after reading the update.

I originally thought that moving all of those checks to the End Phase would make everything tidier. Thankfully it's just a formatting issue which means it'll be a pretty easy fix, it just means that some piloting / consciousness checks will take place at the end of the Shooting Phase.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
If you get kicked on the punch table do you still have a falling over psr?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Uh i shot the sentinel with the lrms, not the vedette

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Space Kablooey posted:

Uh i shot the sentinel with the lrms, not the vedette

Sorry, that's a copy-paste error from last turn. It's fixed now.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Thanks!

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

ilmucche posted:

If you get kicked on the punch table do you still have a falling over psr?

Yes

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

My first thought is to pile up on the WVR both to cover our HBK and because it's kinda the only target around.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Finish the Sentinel imo. The wolverine is both virtually untouched and has the largest movement mod, you're going to need to be extremely lucky to do meaningful damage to it this turn. Meanwhile I think the while lance can pile in to hex 1010 to 1309, blocking los from everyone except the almost entirely disarmed sentinel.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

yeah but I feel bad about the hbk

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cool dice, bro

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014

Gwaihir posted:

Finish the Sentinel imo. The wolverine is both virtually untouched and has the largest movement mod, you're going to need to be extremely lucky to do meaningful damage to it this turn. Meanwhile I think the while lance can pile in to hex 1010 to 1309, blocking los from everyone except the almost entirely disarmed sentinel.

I don't think 1010 or 1110 have vision on the STN, and I am not sure if 1209 does either because of the building in 1310.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

quote:

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-1N (Fusiliers):
-Fires PPC at Medium Building (Hex 1215); needs 0, rolls 8: Hits! Medium Building (Hex 1215) takes 10 damage, 30/40 CF remaining.
-Fires LRM-10 at Medium Building (Hex 1215); needs 2, rolls 8: 3 Missiles Hit! Medium Building (Hex 1215) takes 3 damage, 27/40 CF remaining.

... Whatcha doing there, Etienne?

Gwaihir posted:

almost entirely disarmed sentinel.

Dis-armed you say?

:dadjoke:

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Captain Foo posted:

cool dice, bro

It's the computer's fault! :psylon:

Volmarias posted:

... Whatcha doing there, Etienne?

Clearing firing lanes / exposing potential hidey-holes.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Still blowing up his own city, which isn't ideal.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Maybe for him

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Otter Madness posted:

I don't think 1010 or 1110 have vision on the STN, and I am not sure if 1209 does either because of the building in 1310.

Scintilla, can you double check the los for these tiles?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I guess i try to get up and hide behind a building and try to get better move mods next turn

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Space Kablooey posted:

Scintilla, can you double check the los for these tiles?

1010 and 1110 do not have LOS to the Sentinel, but 1209 does.

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
How much movement does it take to get up Scintilla?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Otter Madness posted:

How much movement does it take to get up Scintilla?

Attempting to stand costs 2 MP.

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
So if the HBK gets up successfully it can reach cover in 0912.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

IIRC it can also stand carefully but doing so costs all MP