Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

gabbard bad

Bernie good

Bernie not perfect

Bernie hosed up wrt gabbard

namaste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bill Buckner posted:

Bernout is still the superior term in my opinion.

Me too honestly

I will use the term "berniebro" myself sometimes (I'm takin' it back) but it's a bad term which was coined to push a false agenda

Primary's over, though, so we can just settle on "leftist" thanks

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

loquacius posted:

Sure, Hillary Rodham Clinton might have had the undying support of literal murderer and war criminal Henry Kissinger and often vocally expressed her admiration of him, but remember that Tulsi Gabbard is a war hawk in the middle east

Kissinger's world view is much more in line with Trumps than Clinton. See both of their stances RE: Russia. Clinton would have doubled down on sanctions and US involvement in Syria, whereas Trump/Kissinger want to build a world order based on regional hegemony.

But yes Clinton is Kissinger's gently caress buddy and took weird holidays where they laughed about bombing civilians (I'M GUESSING)

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Brother Friendship posted:

Kissinger's world view is much more in line with Trumps than Clinton. See both of their stances RE: Russia. Clinton would have doubled down on sanctions and US involvement in Syria, whereas Trump/Kissinger want to build a world order based on regional hegemony.

But yes Clinton is Kissinger's gently caress buddy and took weird holidays where they laughed about bombing civilians (I'M GUESSING)

We came. We saw. He died.

*evil laughter*

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Brother Friendship posted:

Kissinger's world view is much more in line with Trumps than Clinton
nah.

His postrealpolitik is too much for Big K to handle.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I will never understand how stuff like "Gabbard wants to literally eliminate the Muslim race" somehow becomes an accepted and entrenched fact. The only evidence is that she was insufficiently antagonistic towards another world leader, and refused to spit in Trump's face, so now she's Girl Hitler.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

I will never understand how stuff like "Gabbard wants to literally eliminate the Muslim race" somehow becomes an accepted and entrenched fact. The only evidence is that she was insufficiently antagonistic towards another world leader, and refused to spit in Trump's face, so now she's Girl Hitler.

Welcome to the Democrat Party.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

she hates the poo poo out of muslims dude

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Hello my name is Convenient Skepticism

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
like, i mean, walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, is debatably a duck

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

logikv9 posted:

Hello my name is Convenient Skepticism

hi nice 2 meet you im selective memory

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Guy Goodbody posted:

While I agree the genocide accusations are wildly overblown, she has flogged the "why won't anyone call it ~*Radical Islamic Terrorism*~?!" thing a number of times, and ridiculed the idea that economic and social disruption/disenfranchisement feed into extremist movements (with the heavy subtext that it's just because they're bad people following an evil religion). The woman is no fan of Muslims.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yeah that's pretty weak evidence for her supporting Muslim Genocide. She refuses to condemn a foreign political part during their election season. Oh no. She says it's because she doesn't want to interfere in foreign elections, but maybe it's because she doesn't want to offend the Indian ex-pat community that she gets support from? Oh no! :ohdear:

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

paranoid randroid posted:

like, i mean, walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, is debatably a duck

unless that duck gives speeches at Goldman Sachs, there's no reason to believe that duck is financially compromised

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah that's pretty weak evidence for her supporting Muslim Genocide. She refuses to condemn a foreign political part during their election season. Oh no. She says it's because she doesn't want to interfere in foreign elections, but maybe it's because she doesn't want to offend the Indian ex-pat community that she gets support from? Oh no! :ohdear:

did you even read the article

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

please point to the passage where she supports the genocide of muslims

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

you know she invited him and poo poo right? Like she could have just not invited the crazy nationalist who overlooks/supports violence against muslims when he was governor and all. She could have just ignored him and pretended India didn't make a crazy hard nationalist shift like everyone else did.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yeah. I don't think being opposed to Islamic Extremism or saying it's motivated by more than just economic insecurity is bad. The rest is just saying the BJP is bad, and she refuses to condemn them and attended one fund raiser they held. That is not the smoking gun proving Gabbard is a slavering Muslim murderer that you think it is.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I was going to point out that the only person that made any sort of claim w/r/t actual literal genocide support was forums troll Fits My Needs in an attempt to rustle my jimmies, but nobody else is exactly lining up to disagree with him on that point so I dunno maybe

Serf
May 5, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

it is possible to think that gabbard is the regular amount of lovely towards muslims and that she should've turned down trump's offer and just not like her without going farther than that

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
okay mister pedant she merely is a massive islamophobe who is comfortable associating with facilitators of sectarian violence directed against muslims

she still sucks

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Tulsi gabbard has bad opinions on Muslims and Islam but those do not include advocating in any way for the mass murder of its adherents, so please do not say that she wants to genocide Muslims because it makes you look like a hysterical moron. thanks

e: also, she should have invited trump to her office and left a whoopee cushion on his chair and filmed it

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

okay mister pedant she merely is a massive islamophobe who is comfortable associating with facilitators of sectarian violence directed against muslims

hahaha pedantry: pointing out that someone with uncomfortable associations is not literally pro-genocide

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

I was going to point out that the only person that made any sort of claim w/r/t actual literal genocide support was forums troll Fits My Needs in an attempt to rustle my jimmies, but nobody else is exactly lining up to disagree with him on that point so I dunno maybe

yea you caught us, everyone who just ignored what famous retard Fits My Needs said secretly agrees.

Tulsi Gabbard probably is not pro literal genocide of the Muslim people. She is, however, extremely right wing wrt to 'the war on terror' and proudly supports an incredibly violent and bigoted nationalist faction when she had absolutely no need to other than a genuine support of their agenda.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Tulsi Gabbard probably is not pro literal genocide of the Muslim people. She is, however, extremely right wing wrt to 'the war on terror' and proudly supports an incredibly violent and bigoted nationalist faction when she had absolutely no need to other than a genuine support of their agenda.

She's weird because she's virulently opposed to Islam but also regularly speaks out against interventionism.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zoran posted:

She's weird because she's virulently opposed to Islam but also regularly speaks out against interventionism.

she only started speaking out against it when she jumped on the Bernie train, before that she was all 'why isn't Obama doing more than just massive bombing campaigns to show he's REALLY serious???' like every other right wing loser who totally didn't want boots on the ground wink wink

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea you caught us, everyone who just ignored what famous retard Fits My Needs said secretly agrees.

The guy you were arguing with was clearly objecting to the genocide point in particular :shrug:

I'm not gonna argue that she's particularly right-wing w/r/t the Mideast though and, as I've said, I am remorseful of having said nice things about her

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Captain_Maclaine posted:

While I agree the genocide accusations are wildly overblown, she has flogged the "why won't anyone call it ~*Radical Islamic Terrorism*~?!" thing a number of times, and ridiculed the idea that economic and social disruption/disenfranchisement feed into extremist movements (with the heavy subtext that it's just because they're bad people following an evil religion). The woman is no fan of Muslims.

ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL DISRUPTION/DISENFRANCHISEMENT DOESN'T FEED EXTREMISM

*watches Midwestern states elect trump*

hrm, Midwesterners sure are bad people

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

hahaha pedantry: pointing out that someone with uncomfortable associations is not literally pro-genocide

uncomfortable associations with a guy who enabled mob violence that killed thousands of people.

i mean its no goldman sachs speech, but i still feel its enough to disqualify her from being any kind of progressive icon

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

uncomfortable associations with a guy who enabled mob violence that killed thousands of people.

i mean its no goldman sachs speech, but i still feel its enough to disqualify her from being any kind of progressive icon

Hey man why don't you talk about all the mob violence and rapes that DIDN'T happen when he was governor????

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
KKKILLLLARY KKKKKLINTON is a WARHAWK and WORST CANDIDATE EVER BECAUSE SHE TOOK MONEY FROM SAUD

uh, well, ~*Tulsi Gabbard*~ is actually flawless, I think you'll find, despite attempting to flank the entire Dem party on the right on military interventionism especially with respect to Islamic countries and her relationship with Modi, I think we can all agree, is not evidence that she's anything other than the perfect Dem candidate

*tugs collar*

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

you should start a company specifically for moving goalposts

Former Everything posted:

KKKILLLLARY KKKKKLINTON is a WARHAWK and WORST CANDIDATE EVER BECAUSE SHE TOOK MONEY FROM SAUD

uh, well, ~*Tulsi Gabbard*~ is actually flawless, I think you'll find, despite attempting to flank the entire Dem party on the right on military interventionism especially with respect to Islamic countries and her relationship with Modi, I think we can all agree, is not evidence that she's anything other than the perfect Dem candidate

*tugs collar*

hahahaha

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Tulsi Gabbard Sucks

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hahahaha

what goalposts did he move? Modi literally turned a blind eye and totally lowkey supported mob violence as a governor and Gabbard was very mad when people said 'maybe he's a bad dude'

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
only the dead have seen the last of the dem primary meltdowns

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Tatum Girlparts posted:

what goalposts did he move? Modi literally turned a blind eye and totally lowkey supported mob violence as a governor and Gabbard was very mad when people said 'maybe he's a bad dude'

The pro-genocide argument, which they "skillfully" moved to "she shouldn't be a progressive icon" lol

Hail Mr. Satan! has issued a correction as of 19:08 on Jan 4, 2017

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
every day will be a meltdown in the joint dictatorship of the proletariat

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

The only perfect Democratic candidate would be an African American from a Southern state who has the support and popularity to drive people to the polls to flip that state into their column.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
*blows out four candles conspicuously placed around a wall*

*wall slides open, revealing dusty book*

"It says...the truth...is somewhere in the middle?"

Gabbard bad, but not Hitler. Modi bad, and Hitleriffic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i was worried that she was pro-genocide. now that i learn she merely just hates islam, i'm Ready for Tulsi

• Locked thread