Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Tua loses this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wassup

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Officials are so bad

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Metapod posted:

Tua loses this game

He wins it in regulation by 7+

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
go for it

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

TheBizzness posted:

He gets carted to the medical tent in three separate pieces

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TheBizzness posted:

He scores 13 in regulation and yall blame the oline

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
that looked like it was going wide

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
It really did

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Metapod posted:

He scores 13 in regulation and yall blame the oline

They only could keep him in the game for a quarter? Dang.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
We needed the TD. Theyre gonna score on us with ease.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
That or we get another weird turnover

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

That didn't seem like the right coaching decision to me.

4th and short. why not go for it?

they're gonna have plenty of time for a game winning FG.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Team is fracturing already, lol

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1442272660214349829?s=20

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I really don't understand that FG. Like...the only win condition now is a turnover.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
:fork:?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

That didn't seem like the right coaching decision to me.

4th and short. why not go for it?

they're gonna have plenty of time for a game winning FG.

Cause it took them four plays to stick it in from the 1

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Nah, as much as I wanted a tie it was obvious the Raiders could do whatever they want against us. You have to go for it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

game

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Raiders definitely deserve this. See if we can get a comedy fg miss

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

tarbrush posted:

Raiders definitely deserve this. See if we can get a comedy fg miss

Nah. That non-call on PI in the end zone was a game changer.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

Cause it took them four plays to stick it in from the 1

It's much easier to get a first down from the 30-40 yard line than it is the 1 yard line.

kicking the FG was not the correct move

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

How about you not loving suck.

Also Saleh pulling out the classic Jets coach quotes about how great practice was. Just awesome stuff all around.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

How about you not loving suck.

Also Saleh pulling out the classic Jets coach quotes about how great practice was. Just awesome stuff all around.

gently caress Van Roten. Cut his rear end.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

torgeaux posted:

Nah. That non-call on PI in the end zone was a game changer.

They got beat up and down the field, one lovely call doesn't change that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am still baffled by the decision to kick the FG with that little time left in OT.

I hope Flores gets peppered with questions about it even though he'll just Belichick his way out of it.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
We simultaneously had no business winning and should have won in regulation.

The right team won but it’s incredible how the Dolphins always know how to make almost every single game as drawn out and lovely as possible. Win or lose.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

tarbrush posted:

They got beat up and down the field, one lovely call doesn't change that.

Oh, you mean do the fins deserve the win? No. But the raiders got bailed out by the refs on a bad call that would have changed the game in a huge way. Yeah, one lovely call does change it. Bottom line, the fins, playing like poo poo on the road, put up 28 points, came from behind in a big way and had the game changed by a bad call.

Yeah, the tuesday apology note from the league will really help.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

I am still baffled by the decision to kick the FG with that little time left in OT.

I hope Flores gets peppered with questions about it even though he'll just Belichick his way out of it.

The play call on that 3rd down as an absolute surrender as well. Coaching lost us a game we could’ve won IMO, which is nuts considering

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Passes are slipping right through receivers hands, the center is getting pushed back into the rb before he even takes the handoff, the special teams cant loving snap the ball, but sure man the only problem here is that Zach Wilson is holding the ball too long.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol called it

yeah calling a screen in your own endzone is an “execution” problem

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/1442279875843268611?s=20

Flores is kind of a dumbass sometimes

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ehud posted:

lol called it

Adam Gase logic

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It was a bad pass (too high) so he’s I guess right on some level, but there’s a reason it’s the first ever (I believe?) completed pass for a safety.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Ehud posted:

lol called it

I think it's one of those things where if it doesn't work it's incredibly stupid, but if it does work it's a brilliant, audacious playcall.

The DB cued it and made the tackle. You run probably the same risk of that kind of thing happening on a run play, especially with the line performance at the time.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It was a dumb play call by an idiot team with 2 OC’s

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

torgeaux posted:

Oh, you mean do the fins deserve the win? No. But the raiders got bailed out by the refs on a bad call that would have changed the game in a huge way. Yeah, one lovely call does change it. Bottom line, the fins, playing like poo poo on the road, put up 28 points, came from behind in a big way and had the game changed by a bad call.

Yeah, the tuesday apology note from the league will really help.

Moral victories don't count for anything, but I think all in all you've got one given the circumstances. You went to the end of OT vs. a hot team on the road with your backup QB, and lost a goofy game week 3. You're probably going to sorely miss the game in the standings at the end of the game, but given the circumstances I don't think you complain too much about it.

IMO the big thing is your OL made steps. You started looking as poo poo as the Buffalo game and made some steps.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I swore a few of those were let go, but that’s football.

Great game. I just can’t watch that team and think anything but

- wow we need Austin Jackson to be benched. Maybe even trade him in the package with a 2nd, some team might feel risky. Get a starting caliber tackle if you can shake one free. Is SF paying their guy who is a UFA this year? I can think of 3-4 teams that might hear out a future 1st

- a complete back would be worth solid gold

- Awful execution by the offensive line for three quarters. Wonderful improvement from Eich. He belongs at RT. Keep Hunt at Guard.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The empath team.

https://twitter.com/agetzenberg/status/1442230471161745410?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Better keep killing relatives.