Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Flying Leatherman posted:

I probably will never use a mechanic like this again, at least not without some serious modification to shore up possible issues with the role. (My first impulse would be to automatically have results revealed when you die regardless of how you die, and forget about the backup).

Yeah, that seems like the easy fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

In my head I was trying to think how I'd convince town to lynch me.

"Yeah guys you need to kill me to get the rolecop results, this is totally not a scum trap at all. Seriously just lynch me and you'll get results."

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Infinitum posted:

In my head I was trying to think how I'd convince town to lynch me.

"Yeah guys you need to kill me to get the rolecop results, this is totally not a scum trap at all. Seriously just lynch me and you'll get results."

I think that would be an easy sell when you were ready.

"Guys, I'm a cop, but my results only appear on my cuddle. I've now copped Person A, Person B and Person C, who are all still living. So you will get results on all three of them by cuddling me now. Now that I've revealed myself, it has to be now vs later because if I die by other means my results don't get revealed."

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

tpink posted:

I enjoyed your posts, by the way! Wish you had stayed in longer. :bigtran:

:kiddo: Aww, thanks.
I wish I had stayed in longer too. ;)
(Curse you, HiipFire! :arghfist:)
The observer doc was a lot of fun too though.

I was pretty sure I was actually being really annoying.
So this is very reassuring to hear, haha.
Especially when Kashuno and Rarity were messing up my character sheet posts.

It was fun when you finally started getting into the game.
TheDonPeters too. Too bad your Holy Grail knowledge didn't come to much use.
I wish King Burgundy had stuck around longer too.
And I'm curious to see the pro-fun CapitalistPig sometime too.

King Burgundy posted:

Lurking wins again. Death to all lurkers.

This guy gets it!!!

You're my favorite player.

I think I'm going to read up on the posts Kashuno gave me and go ahead and host a game in the next few days. I think it'll be fun.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, and I worked out an in-universe mechanic for killing lurkers in my scenario ;)

Mafia has given me a double-post (multi-post actually) habit. Hopefully I don't do this in other threads. :P

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Fun game.

It was fun sucking all the oxygen out of the room by playing as scummy as I could manage to draw attention away from everyone else. Pity the backup rolecop mechanic ruined it.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Fun game.

It was fun sucking all the oxygen out of the room by playing as scummy as I could manage to draw attention away from everyone else. Pity the backup rolecop mechanic ruined it.

I caught you scum! I don't know why they didn't lynch you immediately

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Mayor Glowku posted:

I caught you scum! I don't know why they didn't lynch you immediately

Because sounding consistent, offering a reasonable explanation for things, and then claiming something that keeps the attention squarely on you is a decent way to defuse tension.

The whole goal was never to survive, that was entirely unfeasible once you popped Rarity. The goal was to keep all of the attention focused on me, make people waffle back and forth, and give HiipFire enough room to live.

Always be ready to die to put your team in a better position. :eng101:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Hey guys, fun game to bad my gambit didn't work :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I was so close to shooting a second scum
Oh well!!

I had fun and I do not think the scum vig was out of line. We talked about it on d2.

Thanks for modding!!!

• Locked thread