Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is there anything worthwhile happening in the Giovanni mansion first floor besides the meeting and the way down to the crypts? There's a bunch of rooms, some hidden passageways and a pool, but there seems to be nothing in any of them. Are they just there for sneaky characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Xander77 posted:

Is there anything worthwhile happening in the Giovanni mansion first floor besides the meeting and the way down to the crypts? There's a bunch of rooms, some hidden passageways and a pool, but there seems to be nothing in any of them. Are they just there for sneaky characters?

From my understanding, supposedly they had planned for the Giovanni to show up earlier in the plot originally and had planned around you going back to the mansion for optional missions, but they ended up scrapping it while it was still in planning.

If CQM was still in production, they could add some stuff in with it, I guess, but yeah... pipe dreams. :allears:

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

In Camarilla Edition part of the Toreador clan quest happens in there but it's real short.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
Playing CQM. I got a quest from Mitnick involving a library card. I checked the room in the Empire Arms where it is in vanilla but in the place it should be there's a pull toy instead. Is this a bug or part of CQM?

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Welcome to wesp just randomly moving things to where he thinks they make more sense.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Here is Stovetop posted:

Welcome to wesp just randomly moving things to where he thinks they make more sense make the patch notes long enough that it seems like he's been doing work.
I think this is more accurate.

BoredMarc
Jun 14, 2010
DUMB AS SHIT
I bought this game for my boyfriend for his birthday and I just installed the Clan Quest Mod for him, mainly to fix an error the prevented the game from running at all. Just a heads up the instructions for installing the mod in the opening post are wrong. It says to install it to the /vampire sub folder but that doesn't seem to be true anymore. I tried it and it didn't work and I had to re-install the game to install the mod in the main game folder for it to work.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I just reinstalled this for another run-through and installed the CQM and some associated mods. Included were music mods. All seemed well until I got to the Santa Monica safehouse and Deb of Night was replaced with lovely dance music. :catstare:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

SourceElement posted:

I just reinstalled this for another run-through and installed the CQM and some associated mods. Included were music mods. All seemed well until I got to the Santa Monica safehouse and Deb of Night was replaced with lovely dance music. :catstare:

Yeah, thanks for reminding me... I had figured out a way to use all that stuff while restoring the Deb stuff, I'll add that in when I fix the OP this weekend.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Clan quest question: Where/what the hell is Pat Brilla? (Malkavian quest)

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Just reinstalled this and decided to try and see what this whole modding thing was about, and I think I messed up.

Tried to download the 1.2 patch, but it said it couldn't verify my version of the game and to make sure it had installed correctly, so I tried to just start up the base game to see if I had. Got the 15 MB memory error and google gave me a guide to fix that which had me download the unofficial patch. After I downloaded that the game worked, so I installed the clan quest mod, but I'm not sure it installed correctly. Any way to tell? Did not installing the 1.2 patch gently caress me?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Brainamp posted:

Just reinstalled this and decided to try and see what this whole modding thing was about, and I think I messed up.

Tried to download the 1.2 patch, but it said it couldn't verify my version of the game and to make sure it had installed correctly, so I tried to just start up the base game to see if I had. Got the 15 MB memory error and google gave me a guide to fix that which had me download the unofficial patch. After I downloaded that the game worked, so I installed the clan quest mod, but I'm not sure it installed correctly. Any way to tell? Did not installing the 1.2 patch gently caress me?

Depending on your version/installation source it might already HAVE the 1.2 patch.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

This is on sale for $5.00 on Steam right now, just fyi!

Verloc
Feb 15, 2001

Note to self: Posting 'lulz' is not a good idea.
I recently upgraded to the 9.0 Wesp patch, and have been running into a persistent CTD in santa monica on the bail bond/diner side of town. Anybody else recently up to 9.0 and experiencing this?

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
I want to replay this game. I've replayed it with several mods a few times. I want to replay the game as a few classes I've never played before and I want to know what is the general definitive collection of mods to play this game on.
I only ask because the last time I played the scene was still very much alive. It was for quite some time.

Also the best class is malk. Hands down, used one on my first playthrough and funnily enough understood everything said. Deep down I identify with this version of vampire the most... yes if I could I'd be a vampire, how is it not loving awesome.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Aug 11, 2014

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

NeoSeeker posted:

I want to replay this game. I've replayed it with several mods a few times. I want to replay the game as a few classes I've never played before and I want to know what is the general definitive collection of mods to play this game on.
I only ask because the last time I played the scene was still very much alive. It was for quite some time.

Also the best class is malk. Hands down, used one on my first playthrough and funnily enough understood everything said. Deep down I identify with this version of vampire the most... yes if I could I'd be a vampire, how is it not loving awesome.

There's Wesp's latest fan patch that fixes almost all of the bugs and restores a bunch of cut content, the Clan Quest mod which adds quests for each clan (and a few universal quests), the Final Nights mod which replaces all of the original clans with new clans like the Setites and the Baali and rebalances the gameplay, and the Antitribu mod, which is still a work-in-progress but looks like it's shaping up to work the same as the Final Nights mod.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Thanks so much. The first two can be used together right?

As for the second two.. I really don't want to change up the core game that much. The current number of clans and their dispositions is the perfect balance. Not to mention the general atmosphere of the game is what draws me the most. The combat is somewhat meh but the roleplaying in this game is what makes it special. The game does a good job of making you feel like that now your character is a vampire, they're apart of a completely new society that has been working in sync with human society for so long they're parallel, almost dependent to each other. Except one is almost completely unaware of the other.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

No, use either just the UP or just the CQM. The CQM is built upon the UP, albeit an outdated version but honestly there haven't been any significant updates to the patch for a while now.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Upmarket Mango posted:

No, use either just the UP or just the CQM. The CQM is built upon the UP, albeit an outdated version but honestly there haven't been any significant updates to the patch for a while now.

What do you run with?

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 11, 2014

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

NeoSeeker posted:

What do you run with?

I typically use whatever the latest version of the UP is, although I have used the CQM before. Try both, the game certainly has the replay value.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

NeoSeeker posted:

What do you run with?

My last few playthroughs have been CQM, and I haven't noticed any glitches really, as it seems UP hasn't really needed to fix bugs lately, and is more focused on "moved Larry 5 feet down the alley".

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

NeoSeeker posted:

What do you run with?

The biggest additions Wesp's patch offers over CQM are a restored library level and a restored area for a late game dungeon. If you're not interested in those, stick with CQM.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Tyrone Biggums posted:

The biggest additions Wesp's patch offers over CQM are a restored library level and a restored area for a late game dungeon. If you're not interested in those, stick with CQM.

is the library level any good? It has to have some seriously sparse content since it was scrapped

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

double nine posted:

is the library level any good? It has to have some seriously sparse content since it was scrapped

Eh. It looks nice, but it's fairly short and you only get 1 or 2 XP out of it if I'm remembering right. There's a pretty annoying boss at the end if you're into that kind of thing!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

double nine posted:

In no loving way shape or form save aesthetics.

What's the restored dungeon bit? I don't remember it on my recent two playthroughs.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

In no loving way shape or form save aesthetics.

What's the restored dungeon bit? I don't remember it on my recent two playthroughs.

The restored dungeon is an atrium for the Hallowbrook Hotel when you're supposed to gently caress up the Sabbat. It becomes the beginning of the level. It's about as fun as the rest of the level, which is to say not at all.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I don't even remember it actually. It blended in with the rest of it as one big ol' lovely blur.

e: Wait, was that the wizard fucker? That seemed out of place as poo poo and I didn't remember it from ten years ago. That was so horrible.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 12, 2014

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

At the very least, the bad guys in the original Sabbath lair reacted when you were shooting them to pieces.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
If you go back and play Half-Life 2, there's a scene toward the end, after everything's gone completely to hell and the Combine are fighting the rebels in the street, where you have to go shut down an alien cannon that's being used by the Combine to shell the rebels. I'm about 90% sure that the Thaumaturge in the Hotel was an excuse to reuse that set of scripts or whatever.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah but that segment in HL2 was fun.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
I will go on record as saying the ONLY good part of the level is the first time you find Sabbat blood dolls and realize they've been blinded. Creepiest poo poo since the snuff film.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Eh, never creeped me out, especially when compared to the other poo poo going on in that hotel.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the boss area of the museum quest looks like a goddamn badly made quake map

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
That stairway always reminded me of dicking around with Garrysmod in 2005.

[attach lights] [set color 44ff00] [set brightness max]

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Okay so I finally got around to installing the clan quest mod and as soon as I open it up I'm bombarded with a bunch of options to install.

Which parts of the Clan Quest mod in the custom installation check box are recommended and which ones are useless?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

NeoSeeker posted:

Okay so I finally got around to installing the clan quest mod and as soon as I open it up I'm bombarded with a bunch of options to install.

Which parts of the Clan Quest mod in the custom installation check box are recommended and which ones are useless?

Read the second post?

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

So I'm replaying after a super long time. I've installed and def saw a note in character creation that said I was running version 9.x. I just got to downtown and so far I've noticed no new/extra content outside of histories. I didn't see anything new in Santa Monica. When does the restored content come into play?

Also when NPCs are walking around in the distance they have super janky animations. Is that normal?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
From Plus patch there's the not-katana from Knox's little job, library at Downtown was just completed over at the LP, couple extra blood powers and at some point supposedly fourth discipline for you to learn. Sabbat base at lategame also has new intro area and their ending may be available in Wesp's patch. Those are the major ones I can remember so far.

Janky animations I'd chalk to Source beta.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
All this time and all these patches and additions and "restored" content and yet nobody's figured out how to raise the NPC draw distance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Does the 9.1 unofficial patch conflict with the clan quest mod? I'm getting the 15mb error.

• Locked thread