Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1297396026714861569

sorry if this was discussed before, but did anyone who watch the show notice this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The final test to see if Triple H is ready to inherit WWE is to see if he can cover up a child abuse scandal.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/1297405713904533504

they took the title off keith lee and goku got mad and now kross is injured and might not be able to wrestle

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIWvrBFmzlg

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

cauliflower jones posted:

sorry if this was discussed before, but did anyone who watch the show notice this?
There absolutely was a weird energy to dream moments in that match but I kinda felt like I was imagining it. The part where they just dumped him out of the frame and forgot about him certainly had a weird feeling.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

CarlCX posted:

https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/1297405713904533504

they took the title off keith lee and goku got mad and now kross is injured and might not be able to wrestle

Lol. God getting his win back on Vince all 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They hosed up their hottest superstar for absolutely nothing

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Rarity posted:

This post could appear in every single WWE discussion thread until the end of time.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rarity posted:

No you see Keith Lee's story was done and it was his time to lose the belt because ummm

errrrrr

I have no follow up I guess Brian Cage should've beaten Moxley.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

JT Smiley posted:

She recalled an incident when a WWE executive, Director of Talent Relations, to be precise, called her ‘unf*%****e’ and ugly.

It took me several efforts to parse this as "unfortunately ugly" before I realized it was "unfuckable" and "ugly" and what the loving Christ, holy poo poo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WWE has had weeks of a chaotic stable fighting company authority and AEW did it better in one night

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anyway scoops, AJ please stop streaming

AJ Styles posted:

There was a time where obviously the Attitude Era was definitely a lot raunchier, and I know it did better ratings-wise. But that’s tough, that’s tough for me that has 4 kids, you know, and them watching us do certain stuff. And you can get away with a lot more back then that you’ll never, ever get away with again. This world has changed completely since then. There’s a lot more sensitive people out there, so the fact is that you’re going to get away with hardly anything.

Hey, it sounds like SmackDown is moved to TV-14, so I don’t know what that consists of, but I guess we’re trying to get a little edgier. But still though, it’s tough because you wish you could say certain things that you didn’t think would bother people, but it seems like everything bothers someone to a certain degree. So, you have to watch and be clear with everything you say.

Seth please just stop

Seth Rollins posted:

It’s funny how that works. I don’t know what the fans want. You give them what they want and they reject it. Then you give them what they want again and after two weeks and they want what they rejected. It’s such a weird roller coaster. Wrestling fandom is one of the wildest things in the world. We have to do things week to week because we really don’t have things planned and done for weeks like a TV show. Everything changes week to week. I can’t imagine being somebody who has to write a wrestling show; you have to lose your hair. I can just do my job the best I can.

e: Mox was on Observer Radio

Jon Moxley posted:

We know what their problem is. It’s one person, three letters: V-K-M,” Moxley said. “That’s the problem. Until he’s gone, or relinquishes control, it’s just not gonna change. When I watch the show during the pandemic era, I’m just like, ‘Oh thank God I’m not there. Jesus Christ.’ I mean, what would I be doing on that show right now? Can you imagine? You think it would be any good? Like, come on.

I want WWE to be awesome. When WWE sucks at this point, I don’t get excited, like, ‘Ha ha, you suck’, it kinda pisses me off. Because they’re the number one brand in the sport. They represent the sport to a lot of people. And when their product is embarrassing to watch, it makes all of wrestling look bad. And it’s like, you’re driving away fans that could potentially be WWE *and* AEW fans. Like, I want wrestling *all* over the world to be awesome. The hotter it is all around, the better it is for everybody, right?

Rarity fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Aug 23, 2020

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

seth will make for an interesting case study down the road

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Rarity posted:

Anyway scoops, AJ please stop streaming

Seth please just stop

I have a thick southern accent but AJ’s is one of the most hilarious accents of all time. You could type anything and ask me to read it in his voice and i’m cracking up.

also when i read seth quotes i always hear him doing it as a authority seth heel promo and it brings me joy.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Seth literally hit on the biggest problem with WWE and sped right the gently caress past it while shrugging his shoulders and going "dunno!"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
We have to do things week to week. There are simply no other options. Planning ahead is beyond our organizational capabilities. Just an endless cycle of chasing a positive fan reaction that we are completely incapable of actually delivering on. Anyway, not my problem. - Seth Rollins

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

xbilkis posted:

We have to do things week to week. There are simply no other options. Planning ahead is beyond our organizational capabilities. Just an endless cycle of chasing a positive fan reaction that we are completely incapable of actually delivering on. Anyway, not my problem. - Seth Rollins

and then he does the laugh and j&j security nod in approval

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tony is making WWE look like a bunch of loving clowns.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's just baffling how every AEW interview is about how happy they are, how creative they can be, how hard they work to put on the best product possible, how exciting it is just to show up to work

then every WWE interview is crying about fickle fans lol. well, good luck to them i suppose

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

also when i read seth quotes i always hear him doing it as a authority seth heel promo and it brings me joy.

Hahaha

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

yea ok posted:

it's just baffling how every AEW interview is about how happy they are, how creative they can be, how hard they work to put on the best product possible, how exciting it is just to show up to work
I mean he's full of poo poo most of the time but the bischoff quote reads like he's just blown away by the fact they all like each other and are working to get each other over. You can just totally imagine him with a single tear going down his cheek as he realizes WCW would have won the war handily with an attitude like that.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Spiderdrake posted:

I mean he's full of poo poo most of the time but the bischoff quote reads like he's just blown away by the fact they all like each other and are working to get each other over. You can just totally imagine him with a single tear going down his cheek as he realizes WCW would have won the war handily with an attitude like that.

remember when they did a lil birthday celebration for jake and he was legitimately moved by it because nobody had done anything like that for him before at any other company

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Seth Rollins posted:

It’s funny how that works. I don’t know what the fans want. You give them what they want and they reject it. Then you give them what they want again and after two weeks and they want what they rejected. It’s such a weird roller coaster. Wrestling fandom is one of the wildest things in the world. We have to do things week to week because we really don’t have things planned and done for weeks like a TV show. Everything changes week to week. I can’t imagine being somebody who has to write a wrestling show; you have to lose your hair. I can just do my job the best I can.

I don't understand these restaurant customers. We've given them roast dogshit, baked dogshit, dogshit souffle, fried dogshit, dogshit au gratin. And they just keep rejecting it!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

I don't understand these restaurant customers. We've given them roast dogshit, baked dogshit, dogshit souffle, fried dogshit, dogshit au gratin. And they just keep rejecting it!

"They said they wanted a hot drink, so I warmed up 3 day old coffee in a microwave and they had the nerve to say they thought it tasted bad!?! I guess they just don't know what they really want!"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That Seth quote is really loving dumb considered they lack the mental acuity or agility to change the finish of a match where a dude's arm is apparently about to fall off but yeah have him keep wrestling a titan like Keith Lee you worthless fuckhead HHH. Karrion Kross looked like a drugged Brandon Cutler RPing as BROODON THE DARK ASSASSIN out there you don't need to protect the sanctity of kayfabe by having him manage an 18 hour title reign after that sluggish turd of a match.

Also sure maybe Keith Lee is being called up for a feud with Dolph Ziggler but you can change the finish, save Karrion Kross' arm further damage do the MRI and have Kross either win the belt in a week or whatever or have Keith Lee drop it to someone else. Takeover XXX is just some lovely network special with Pat McAffe who loving cares. Dolph Ziggler can wait. They're not quick on their feet with story telling or capable of long term storytelling. You're all bad at your jobs, Seth, now stop beating Rey Mysterio's son for him.

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Aug 23, 2020

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still can't believe the Thunderdome is real. It's like something out of a bad B-movie. Just incredible.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Taintrunner posted:

I still can't believe the Thunderdome is real. It's like something out of a bad B-movie. Just incredible.

true to its name

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kinda want the ratings to fall enough that Vince gets desperate enough to try for VIDEODROME.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Jerusalem posted:

Kinda want the ratings to fall enough that Vince gets desperate enough to try for VIDEODROME.

WWE

Then.
Now.
Forever.

Long live the new flesh!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

The Fiend inserts a VHS cassette into Braun Strowman's stomach.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eat My Fuc posted:

Why does HHH not like us

Reddit stopped sending him fruit baskets & he's mad as hell

SatoshiMiwa posted:

He's gonna be worse than Vince yes

Steady on. I think it's important to think back at the 40 years of VKM hell before declaring that. HHH will be barely better while still being horrible by the standards of any normal human being.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Aug 23, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It says a lot when the best compliment you can give someone is that they have yet to be responsible for another man's death

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I am definitely not happy about Keith Lee’s loss. But I was also pretty sure Lee was going to lose tonight so I had hardened myself to it a bit because they clearly really like Kross and that gimmick is pretty much done the second he gets pinned; it should have been at least a few months before he got to Lee. Match itself was okay, kind of like they at least tried to apply some modern stuff to like an early 90s Hogan match. Except then the Hogan lost which sort of goes against the point of that match. Keith Lee is too good to actually be hurt by this and I am sure worse poo poo is to come if he hits the main roster, but still he deserved a better reign.

Rest of the show was pretty good. Balor vs Thatcher would have died a hard death in front of any real crowd but I dig the heavy grapple match and this paid crowd that is popping for chain grapples in 2020 was a nice look into a world where people like that stuff. Ladder match had some absolutely pointless but cool spots. McAffe vs Cole was really basic but it is still impressive for dude’s first match on TV.

Io vs Dakota was my favorite thing on the show. I don’t know how Dakota is ever going to win a match from a storyline perspective because her finisher by design always drops people right next to the ropes, but she is really good. I am not ready for Io to be done though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

re: That Seth Rollins quote.

Does he not realize that you can have a wrestling show planned out weeks in advance? That you don't have to do things week to week.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 23, 2020

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
if you change "fans" to "Vince" in that seth quote it's actually true so maybe that's his cry for help

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
According to Seth, fans are too stupid and indecisive to have any idea of what they want, so they'll continue to protest and angrily watch whatever is put in front of them until they finally give up and go away for good. And this is supposed to help...?

Seriously, what's the point? They're insulting the few fans they have left. It's like if you threw a really lovely party and people kept leaving until only a sympathetic few remain to try and see if anything will improve and you figure the best course of action is to call them loving idiots for sticking around because they don't even know what a party is.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

According to Seth, fans are too stupid and indecisive to have any idea of what they want, so they'll continue to protest and angrily watch whatever is put in front of them until they finally give up and go away for good. And this is supposed to help...?

Seriously, what's the point? They're insulting the few fans they have left. It's like if you threw a really lovely party and people kept leaving until only a sympathetic few remain to try and see if anything will improve and you figure the best course of action is to call them loving idiots for sticking around because they don't even know what a party is.

Seth is speaking to an audience of 1.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm actually kinda surprised at how much my interest in NXT has dropped off over the last year. I WENT to Takeover last August, and I can't even be bothered to watch the one from last night.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm actually kinda surprised at how much my interest in NXT has dropped off over the last year. I WENT to Takeover last August, and I can't even be bothered to watch the one from last night.

Once it went on TV, I totally tuned out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Once it went on TV, I totally tuned out

That's definitely part of it, and the Dream thing too obviously. Just overall doesn't seem special or unique to me, even if the matches are good.