Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017

Junpei posted:

Also, here's 'pajeon'. It's like a meat and veggies savory pancake, made with onions.

It also goes well with crispy Korean Fried Chicken. Or with white rice and Korean soy sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Your Everyday NEET posted:

It also goes well with crispy Korean Fried Chicken. Or with white rice and Korean soy sauce.

Hmm, I wonder what the name of the place that holds District 23's take on KFC is?

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

dervival posted:

Hmm, I wonder what the name of the place that holds District 23's take on KFC is?

CFK — City Fried Kidneys

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

dervival posted:

Obviously the Colonel is a Fixer of some renown. His rival of course being a clown themed syndicate leader.

Ros and Los
Sep 28, 2021

Perfection.

Now you have me wondering what the others' arcana would be.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ros and Los posted:

Now you have me wondering what the others' arcana would be.

Well drat it, now you have me too.

I'd say...
Roland - The Fool
Malkuth - The Heirophant
Yesod - The Emperor
Hod - The Hermit
Netzach - The Star
Tiphereth - The Lovers*
Geburah - Judgement
Chesed - Temperance
Hokma - The Devil
Binah - The Chariot

*If Tiphereth doesn't come back, then this might change as Tiphereth might not have her story focusing on Tiphereth as much in this game.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I had stuff to say but now I'm thinking about fried chicken and savory pancakes.

Also it might just be me but I really got caught off guard in a good way by Roland's wife being a dual wielding combat monster. He's so doting and loving and the one image we have of her is spattered with other people's blood.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Crasical posted:

I had stuff to say but now I'm thinking about fried chicken and savory pancakes.

Also it might just be me but I really got caught off guard in a good way by Roland's wife being a dual wielding combat monster. He's so doting and loving and the one image we have of her is spattered with other people's blood.

Sounds like a good choice of wife tbh.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Roland loves a woman that can kick his rear end, name one more relatable quality

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

So far we've seen one other loving couple, and they were professional cannibals.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
The Gun is Good.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Tenebrais posted:

I'd say...
Roland - The Fool
Malkuth - The Heirophant
Yesod - The Emperor
Hod - The Hermit
Netzach - The Star
Tiphereth - The Lovers*
Geburah - Judgement
Chesed - Temperance
Hokma - The Devil
Binah - The Chariot

*If Tiphereth doesn't come back, then this might change as Tiphereth might not have her story focusing on Tiphereth as much in this game.

While I mostly agree with you, I have to insist that Binah is The Tower.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Sad to know that even in the City, women can still get fridged.

Ros and Los
Sep 28, 2021

Tenebrais posted:

I'd say...
Roland - The Fool
Malkuth - The Heirophant
Yesod - The Emperor
Hod - The Hermit
Netzach - The Star
Tiphereth - The Lovers*
Geburah - Judgement
Chesed - Temperance
Hokma - The Devil
Binah - The Chariot

I think good choices all around but I throw a few alternate readings.

Roland - ...I can't talk about this in good faith, come back in a few months
Malkuth - Magician. Not much to say here, it is hard to get my words together for this one.
Tiphereth - Lovers or Death. Even without Tiphereth, Lovers could still work. Death could work here too with Tiphereth moving on (the rebirth angle) from not having Tiphereth. So an arc focused on Tiphereth even though he is not there anymore or the like.
Geburah - Strength. This one is based on her losing, and subsequently regaining, control of her emotions and herself. (Not just because she is bloody strong.)
Hokma - Okay Hokma being the Devil is hilarious to me, mostly because I see him as a pastor or something similar. The Heirophant feels like a better fit, also because of the pastor thing.
Binah - I do not have a suggestion here. I expect someone to say Devil but for all that Binah is a Binah, she does have a lot of wisdom. Quackles has a point with Tower but I not 100% on it just yet.

(Ayin - Death. The entire story of LC fits Death like a glove. The man was stuck in the past with Day 50 being the final hour of rebirth.)
(Carmen - Sun. There is a couple of reasons for this one but I am going to be quiet on the subtler aspects. The obvious aspects are obvious though.)

Edit: And yes, Roland is/was a lucky son of a gun.

Ros and Los fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 20, 2021

Arp1033
Oct 13, 2012
Oh hey this section is where I stopped playing, more or less! Hope that after watching Teequeue stomp a few of these I'll be able to figure out where I went wrong and be able to resume my play-through.

Arp1033 fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 21, 2021

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
oh i totally forgot that fight happens

oh well

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Urban Plague is where the Tutorial actually ends. A lot of people have their first losses in this chapter.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Like, it ends and goes "alright you can do this on your own from now on", or it ends and goes "time to die motherfucker" like a couple of things did in LobCorp?

Well I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
The most obvious boost to do immediately is to squish the Molar office entirely into Olga. Another Strength and some passive healing? Yes please.

Though granted you can squish that +1 strength for 3 or less cards into any Speed dice page and it’ll activate quickly and stay on at this point due to lacking card draw.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Arp1033 posted:

Oh hey this section is where I stopped playing, more or less! Hope that after watching Teeque stomp a few of these I'll be able to figure out where I went wrong and be able to resume my play-through.

Exactly the same here. It's all new for me here. Guns :argh:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I mostly play at work and the christmas season has been so hectic I haven't hard time to play lately, so I'm further than this but not much further. I definitely had a 'Oh' moment seeing the append feature added. It really adds a fuckton of additional planning and depth.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Like, it ends and goes "alright you can do this on your own from now on", or it ends and goes "time to die motherfucker" like a couple of things did in LobCorp?

The former. The game's truly opened up now - you've got bigger fights with your floors getting their fourth party member this tier (except Keter who won't get theirs until the start of next tier- this is the start of poor Keter's descent into complete irrelevancy for the rest of the game, press F to pay respects to our benchwarmer protagonist), passive attribution has finally unlocked letting you truly get into the character building aspect of the game, and most importantly there's actual, meaningful choice in how you progress through the game, with your options increasing dramatically as you beat them one by one. You can tackle the next stages in any order you choose, and each one has actual, real deck archetypes you can play around with (the winning one seems to be GUN, which will be very interesting to talk about since we haven't seen anyone use a gun up until this point, have we?).

Furthermore, at this point all your floors have their own distinct identity to them, which will only become more distinct as you get their third Abnormalities. It's no longer just about picking which character you like the most like in the tutorial, now you want to actually build decks that synergize with your floors and you'll be getting the tools to do that in the coming fights. Having someone with exclusively Blunt attacks on Yesod's floor allows you to utilize Metallic Ringing and Chained Wrath to great effect, while filling Hod's floor with decks that focus on Slash and Bleed will let you use Axe and Obsession to absolutely destroy your enemies. Your floors aren't quite at full power - we don't even have five characters unlocked on any floor yet - but there's enough there to make it a meaningful strategic decision.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 20, 2021

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Gilliam it will be interesting to see you evaluating Key Pages now that you don't have to just consider them as a cohesive whole, but also by how their passives work on other pages.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Gilliam it will be interesting to see you evaluating Key Pages now that you don't have to just consider them as a cohesive whole, but also by how their passives work on other pages.
I've already been doing that, actually! But I'm definitely looking forward to no longer dancing around the topic of attribution.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
At this point, in terms of passives to transfer around, people like having Jack on pages to help attrition with that 2 HP/turn.

Molar is a lot more explosive in that their passives can remain relevant for basically the entire rest of the game. It's kind of a pity that they got killed on this job because apparently they have a fuckload of potential to be absolute monsters.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Might've missed someone else saying it, but everything before this update, excluding the abnormality battles, was present when the game first launched in early access. The first episode of Urban Plague and the abnos were added about a month later, and were the beginning of the weekly update schedule that they mostly kept up all the way through to the end of the story.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 20, 2021

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Whoops

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
The true stand-out passives for attribution that we have already are the Brotherhood of Iron paralysis passives. Incredible value for a 1-point passive, especially since you get like twenty copies. You can and should be using electric shock until endgame, that's how good they are.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

TeeQueue posted:

It’s been a long while since anyone called me by my name, still. The last time I heard that was from my family, I guess…

:raise: So either Roland uses an alias for everything or he's an espionage type that goes through identities like toilet paper.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Maybe he just means no one called him by his first name? I dunno much about how Korean works, but it's plausible to me that at higher formality/lower intimacy levels you'd just use their last name.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, LobCorp was funded through the Korean equivalent of Kickstarter, right. Was Ruina funded entirely off of LobCorp profit money, or did they, like, manage to attract a high-profile sponsor or the funding of some company or what?

I mean, getting Mili must have cost quite a bit.

HeyItsKasey
Aug 24, 2020

You ever want to just be a sea slug?
I really like those little green dudes on netzach's floor.

HeyItsKasey fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Feb 21, 2022

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Arcvasti posted:

Maybe he just means no one called him by his first name? I dunno much about how Korean works, but it's plausible to me that at higher formality/lower intimacy levels you'd just use their last name.

Korean is similar to Japanese in having various forms of address suiting your relative social standing. There's been a few times now where Roland has told someone they don't have to be formal with him, and I think it's getting at some of this grammar that doesn't translate well into English.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tenebrais posted:

Korean is similar to Japanese in having various forms of address suiting your relative social standing. There's been a few times now where Roland has told someone they don't have to be formal with him, and I think it's getting at some of this grammar that doesn't translate well into English.

Yeah this is a thing that came up recently with some complaints about a character in Squid Game referring to everyone as "sir" in the english subtitles - in english it's a very subservient thing to refer to someone as "sir" but there's not really a direct translation for the various shades of formality that exist in Korean and Japanese.

Ros and Los
Sep 28, 2021

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Gilliam covered it very well but I will say the latter does show up. Well, more like it was in parts. There were horror stories back in early access about some of the fights, which made them memorable even way later. The problem is that it has been such a long time that I can not remember what was true, was false, or was just memes at this point. Then there are passive changes, fight balancing, card differences, so very much has changed in the end.

Does not help my memory is not the best. I will bring what fights that I remember others talking about when we get to them but I am sure I will not have many details of why they were so terrifying at the time.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah this is a thing that came up recently with some complaints about a character in Squid Game referring to everyone as "sir" in the english subtitles - in english it's a very subservient thing to refer to someone as "sir" but there's not really a direct translation for the various shades of formality that exist in Korean and Japanese.

As a non-native speaker (Korean is my second language and I'm barely passable), I always treated it as calling someone Mr./Ms. last name for formal, Mr./Ms. first name for semi-formal, and then just first name for casual. From my personal playthrough, I think this is close to what the translation goes with.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
I dunno what to caption these anymore and I'm not sure why I made it but I made it

insanitylock
Sep 29, 2021

Not too shabbyyy!

Junpei posted:

Also, here's 'pajeon'. It's like a meat and veggies savory pancake, made with onions.

I actually made a few pajeon by myself with ingredients, after seeing it mentioned in the PMooniverse. It was really, really good, especially with the teriyaki sauce the recipe included. I'd definitely recommend people try it one day!

MetaMeme posted:

I dunno what to caption these anymore and I'm not sure why I made it but I made it

I'm too afraid to ask what '"creative juices" ;)' are, but by the good old logic of Huggbees, I'm gonna guess it's liquid plastic.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

insanitylock posted:

I'm too afraid to ask what '"creative juices" ;)' are, but by the good old logic of Huggbees, I'm gonna guess it's liquid plastic.

absinthe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Made my vote and though I doubt it will pull a win from behind I do hope that it comes soon enough.