Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

KittySpinEcho posted:

I know how you feel. I love all my dinosaurs. Except these two weirdos, aptly named rear end in a top hat and Fucker. The fiber market took a dive so they opened a side business under the ramp to our main house. Sometimes they are standing right in front of you when you log on and you know they have been there for a while, watching you sleep. It's very unnerving.

gently caress these guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octavion
Apr 5, 2009

Prawned posted:

gently caress these guys

You wish you could.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Octavion posted:

You wish you could.

:negative:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Saw this on my vacation. Don't know what it means but I think it applies.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

:allears: Little shoulder helper.

Korean Barbecue Slut
Aug 6, 2009
We tamed a 112 Rex with all kibble last night and now have a baby Rex with 172 levels and climbing

That's all I have to share today. :)

Octavion
Apr 5, 2009
Plesiosaurs look like complete dorks when you give them glasses.

Octavion fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 26, 2015

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Is there any reason to wear the scuba mask?

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Foehammer posted:

Is there any reason to wear the scuba mask?

Better visibility in first person underwater.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
For those of you that, like myself, made frequent use of the map posted in the OP that shows all the cave locations - it has been updated to reflect the new biomes and swapped obelisk colors. Unfortunately it's missing the highlighting of swamp to the east of the green obelisk, but I'll repost if it gets updated.

Edit:

Also, for those who haven't noticed, there's a new Steam achievement.

Fear Evolved: DodoRex Hunter
You hunted down and slayed the elusive DodoRex, and claimed its army of Zombie Dodos!

Inkel fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 27, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
That map has misleading borders; the westernmost iceberg is like 7 tiles from the edge, and there's a good deal more of the southern ocean.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Perfectly Safe posted:

Better visibility in first person underwater.

"Better" hardly covers it. It's an underwater game changer since you can see for more than 3 feet through the murk. Night underwater vision with it is still better visibility than daytime without it

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
I really hope that we get some kind of dev comment about the use of Behemoth gateways' as walls.

On my server , so many of the bases are made out of them it really looks awful. The lag they create from even super far away can be annoying. There was a comment made several weeks ago that they were going to change them in the next big update, but no information has been given since.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Devs still haven't released details after commenting that they plan to nerf them somehow

IMO,

NUKE EM TIL THEY GLOW

Jackard fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 27, 2015

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011

Jackard posted:

Devs still haven't released details after commenting that they plan to nerf them somehow

my opinion,

NUKE EM TIL THEY GLOW

Man i hope they do this. I really need to fly around my server and take screenshots, its just awful, both traveling around and trying to raid them.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

OlmanRiver posted:

The lag they create from even super far away can be annoying. There was a comment made several weeks ago that they were going to change them in the next big update, but no information has been given since.

Not sure how replacing one behemoth gate with 40 walls is going to improve the lag situation

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

It does according to devs, apparently bunch of walls still contains less data than the gate

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Azhais posted:

Not sure how replacing one behemoth gate with 40 walls is going to improve the lag situation

If we could somehow get some dino gate-sized wall sections into the game, then that'd probably resolve the situation a bit, both in terms of lag and the ugliness of the wall o' doors.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
The problem is gates are crazy cheap to build compared to an identically sized area of walls. Make them much more expensive to build, or walls much cheaper, and no one will do it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Perfectly Safe posted:

If we could somehow get some dino gate-sized wall sections into the game, then that'd probably resolve the situation a bit, both in terms of lag and the ugliness of the wall o' doors.

I'd be on board with this. I use gates a lot of the time not because of materials but because of how utterly awful it is making high walls with walls. I end up making elaborate scaffoldings on my paracer saddle so I can actually get higher than 4

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
presumably the gate is a more complicated object because it opens, so a big wall (or 40 walls) would be fine.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

The Steam artwork section for this game (first pic posted by Jat)

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Losing the ability to line up gates with fence foundations then remove the foundation afterwards has really made me sad. Even though for whatever reason it still works on platforms.
I don't really NEED the gates in my house walls but it looks nice and breaks up the monotony of a slab of stone walls.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

quote:

Added "Take All From Folder" button to remote inventories. Soon will add whole-Folder Drag & Drop.
:allears:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/490124466455617249/

quote:

When the 'Fear Evolved' update launches in a couple hours, we will send a $100 Steam Gift Card Code to the first player to post a video into this thread, of them killing the DodoRex on an OFFICIAL PvP Sever (they can be working with other Players/Tribe of course, but we'll only have one code to send to the player who actually posts the video).

It's really, really tough to kill the DodoRex -- we think ;)

Requires opening the Pause Menu during part of the video to show the server name.

Thank you, and good luck with your DodoRex hunting!!!!!!

Cheers,
Drake

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

quote:

Rare Jack-o-Lantern Items from Supply Drops that give Free ARK Game codes to share with your friends (Official Servers Only :) )
:signings:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7b1fbryWOY

e: lol

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 29, 2015

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
Yay 100x increase in materials for the behe gates!

Now to destroy peoples walls!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

About the laziest fix for behemoth gates I can think of.

Isn't the max carry weight triple your weight stat? Not even a 300 could carry this.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Anyone got a good 2-4x server they are playing on?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Jackard posted:

About the laziest fix for behemoth gates I can think of.

Isn't the max carry weight triple your weight stat? Not even a 300 could carry this.

Throw everything into chests then load yourself up after.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

This is the only practical way to do mass construction, anyways.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Deadmeat5150 posted:

The materials for one stone gate costs a little over 750 pounds. That needs what, at least 230 in weight?

E:

Reddit posted:

You cannot carry more then double your Weight
:lol: even worse than I thought

Jackard fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 29, 2015

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Just build that bad boy on a smithy.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Lol that is the dumbest "fix" yet.

quote:

Nah this one is on me, I'll make some tweaks here :)

- The Right Hand

Betting that the fix is raising carry weight or something equally dumb and sorry not sorry.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
The fix for that would be just to make it so that when you're crafting, it will pull materials out of any container you currently have opened. Which is how it should have been anyway.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So, if you deconstruct existing behemoth gates do you get a huge pile of mats?

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Spanish Matlock posted:

Lol that is the dumbest "fix" yet.

Betting that the fix is raising carry weight or something equally dumb and sorry not sorry.

Hopefully they'll change it so that you make it out of fabricated materials (so, for instance, you make the frames primarily out of pillars and the doors primarily out of walls). Their approach to this whole thing is really sloppy, though - I hope they go for something more sophisticated in the long term.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Azhais posted:

So, if you deconstruct existing behemoth gates do you get a huge pile of mats?

Yeah and you'd better do it soon because a few c4 now trade for 3000stone worth of gate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shitting stars
Jun 11, 2008

Really am digging the Fear Evolved event. Much better than the Halloween events in most other games.

Internet Explorer posted:

Anyone got a good 2-4x server they are playing on?

I play with the Goon Foreign Legion group from the PGS thread mostly, but also play on a decent unofficial server.

Its called 'Florida Server' or something and is 3x Exp/Taming and 2x Harvest. Admins seem decent, and it gets to about 20 people during prime time. Play on it to fulfill my solo play needs, so that I can be somewhat of a team player on the official servers. Tried the 50x/500 levels servers and those just get boring because its like playing with cheats on.