Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Aye Doc posted:

from the newest back issue of WON:

we missed out on some incredible(-y horrible) things in 99

I wonder if flush out the concept was a typo or intentional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Bryan doesn't realize that Hawaii is part of the US does he?
i don't know if we'll ever truly plumb the depths of Bryan's ignorance

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I decided to go back and listen to the episode where they reviewed the ill-fated TNA Victory Road 2011 and the comments Dave and Bryan make about the Bucks (Generation Me) are hysterical, especially in the current context. Basically that they're ripoffs of Matt and Jeff Hardy and should never be on the same show as them.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

flashy_mcflash posted:

Basically that they're ripoffs

Laying the foundation for success early, GOAT workers

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Bryan doesn't realize that Hawaii is part of the US does he?

Honestly, this is one where I'm not sure you can point to Bryan being in the bubble. You ask Joe Q Schlub in Bumfuck, Indiana and there's a non-zero chance THEY don't know. Hell, actual news people barely know the status of Puerto Rico and claim that Puerto Ricans 'immigrate' to the US despite the fact that they're already US citizens.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, this is one where I'm not sure you can point to Bryan being in the bubble. You ask Joe Q Schlub in Bumfuck, Indiana and there's a non-zero chance THEY don't know. Hell, actual news people barely know the status of Puerto Rico and claim that Puerto Ricans 'immigrate' to the US despite the fact that they're already US citizens.

If only those morons in Bumfuck got a big city education they might've learned a thing or two.

Like what a joke is.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
He said ambassador to Hawaii because he goes there all the time, and he likes it.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Haha, I'm catching up on WoL from yesterday, and Bryan read my text about the Participation Award and got all worked up and started fighting with Mike. Hilarious.

His whole MILLENIALS LOVE PARTICIPATION AWARDS thing drives me nuts, though

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

WOL from today is hilarious and a complete train wreck

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Go RV! posted:

His whole MILLENIALS LOVE PARTICIPATION AWARDS thing drives me nuts, though
Don't mention this on the board, or he'll post four times in a row telling you how wrong you are.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
I assumed those chants at Dean about deserving the participation award were meant to be ironic. Do the Empire guys not know that?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I was wondering what you were talking about and then Trina Michaels called in, holy poo poo

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I had no idea who Trina Michaels was. Basically don't Google her if you're at work or in school.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Mick Foley is the Godfather to her baby. :psyduck:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

X-Pac on Jericho's podcast is really great.

"I'd been up the whole night which is why I was late to the PPV. I'd been on ecstasy and picked up a hooker and I didn't even sleep with her!"

Luigi Thirty posted:

I like that due to the lag on the line, Dr Lucha ended up just steamrolling through Bryan's attempts to ask a question. It was like he was Dave Meltzer!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Benne posted:

I had no idea who Trina Michaels was. Basically don't Google her if you're at work or in school.

nice lady. good with her hands.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Listening to that 2007 B&V show about Brent Kremen in the asylum... man Bryan used to sound even more like Kermit the Frog - makes me appreciate his insane obsession with better audio gear.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Has anyone been listening to the National Treasure's long form history of pro wrestling?

I have no comments on that (beyond that it's good) but does anyone feel really bad for him regarding his WIWC site? It seems like something that will in no way succeed at the level he hopes it will. I can't even get annoyed at the constant plugs, I just feel really sad when I hear them.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

MassRafTer posted:

Has anyone been listening to the National Treasure's long form history of pro wrestling?

I have no comments on that (beyond that it's good) but does anyone feel really bad for him regarding his WIWC site? It seems like something that will in no way succeed at the level he hopes it will. I can't even get annoyed at the constant plugs, I just feel really sad when I hear them.

I have, because I'll listen to pretty much anything Karl Stern puts out. His After Dark show is way, way better than Bryan's, and I'm so glad his main show is a long form history on pro wrestling, since I've been hoping he'd do that ever since the July marathon.

And yeah, WIWC is an admirable venture for a dude of his interests, but I hope he's not intending/expecting it to be a big thing. Though the interview with the comics guy he put up from WIWC was really interesting.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

mkay0 posted:

I assumed those chants at Dean about deserving the participation award were meant to be ironic. Do the Empire guys not know that?

I assumed that too. Miz's current run has started getting him over as a pseudo-babyface to some smarkier fans. It's like people popping for Jericho putting someone on the list.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MassRafTer posted:

Link?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

http://www.f4wonline.com/radioshow-archive?f[0]=field_show_title%3A686 for the shows, unless you mean his site which is https://www.whenitwascool.com

It's a good series so far although he does jump around a bit much and makes it hard to follow.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Yep, I listen to all of Karl's shows and I really enjoy them... but I'm already paying to get these and as much as I hope WIWC works out well for him I'm really not interested in going to another website and paying (donating, whatever it is) to hear more. I feel bad because it's obviously a passion project for the guy but it's like if Bryan decided to make After Dark it's own exclusive thing behind a paywall. I enjoy listening to them as part and parcel of the Wrestling Observer package, but not enough to get them by themselves. I just hope he hasn't sunk too much money into it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/whale-scouts-leading-change-in-2017/x/2725937#/

The yearly Whale Scount indiegogo campaign is up. There's a few F4W related rewards like cohosting the Bryan and Vinny show.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the last couple cohost awards they gave out actually ended up surprisingly well so i hope it does again

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If I had 275 dollars to piss away I totally would co host a bryan and vinny show.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

mariooncrack posted:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/whale-scouts-leading-change-in-2017/x/2725937#/

The yearly Whale Scount indiegogo campaign is up. There's a few F4W related rewards like cohosting the Bryan and Vinny show.

Bridget's cookies are already sold out, drat it :mad:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Can we pool our money and get Rovert co-hosting the B&V show?

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

triplexpac posted:

Can we pool our money and get Rovert co-hosting the B&V show?

I'd get in on this action

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Dave saying that Swanson Choi was a 5 star pro wrestling match was funny and very very true. I wish he gave stars to MMA fights, at least for the bigger cards.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

We're back with Episode 4 of the Monumental podcast! This time we preview tonight's DJ Ran Position Christmas Special AND discuss

POOP FEUD II

The epic confrontation between Macho Man Randy Savage and Dennis "The Worm" Rodman

Join me as I lead Hulkamatt on a journey of discovery!

http://tindeck.com/listen/zehqb

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Because I should probably post here about Between The Sheets more...

https://soundcloud.com/btspod/ep-73-december-7-13-1986

Kris & David are guestless this week discussing the week that was December 7-13, 1986. We talk about Andre the Giant coming back to the WWF and his status as a heel as well as the early plans for WrestleMania III. We also talk about Honky Tonk Man's big surprise and WWF's plans for a Japan tour. All-Japan & New Japan ended their tag league tours and we go over the results and how great the shows were. We also go over all the territories from this period with some great names being thrown around. We close talking about the rigid schedule of JCP and John Nord possibly coming in so you can't not love this show!!!!

Timestamps:
0:00:00 WWF
0:54:29 Int’l: AJPW, NJPW, Montreal, Stampede, EMLL, & WWC
1:17:49 Classic Commercial break
1:20:00 Housekeeping & The Amazon Game
1:58:22 USA Southeast: Memphis, Continental, & Florida
2:24:43 Metroplex: UWF & WCCW
2:52:01 USA West: Central States, AWA, WWA, & Portland
3:12:01 Jim Crockett Promotions

To support the show and get access to exclusive rewards like special members-only monthly themed shows, go to our Patreon page at Patreon.com/BetweenTheSheets and become an ongoing Patron. Becoming a Between the Sheets Patron will also get you exclusive access to not only the monthly themed episode of Between the Sheets, but also access to our new mailbag segment, a Patron-only chat room on Slack, and anything else we do outside of the main shows!

Or for our Amazon referral link, go to tinyurl.com/btsamazon

To subscribe, look for us on iTunes, Google Play, and more, or paste feeds.feedburner.com/btsheets into your favorite podcast app using its “add feed manually” option.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's cool if you don't

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

ICHIBAHN posted:

It's cool if you don't
It would be cool if you crawled back into that hole you pay $10.99 for but I'm enough of a gentleman not to ask you to.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Rude

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

davidbix posted:

It would be cool if you crawled back into that hole you pay $10.99 for but I'm enough of a gentleman not to ask you to.

gently caress up

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Business is picking up

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to start a podcast called "The Drizzling Sheets"

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

triplexpac posted:

Business is picking up
nah not really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

ICHIBAHN posted:

gently caress up

Edit: Ignore this. Just getting some topics ready for my upcoming podcast/shoot interviews live from Nome, Alaska with my co-host Rovert.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 13, 2016

• Locked thread