System Message

Secondary database maintenance is underway. Some features will be briefly unavailable.
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I actually really like that double face X one. Or maybe it just seems really good compared to how bizarrely terrible the other ones are.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Cage posted:

I actually really like that double face X one. Or maybe it just seems really good compared to how bizarrely terrible the other ones are.

Nah, they look really nice, especially on a one sheet with the light going through them.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

I saw some leaked shots of the movie and if nothing else those orcs are going to look insane, it's all makeup and prosthetics.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

The MSJ posted:

The poster is clearly anti-alien, though.

Yeah Europe and East Asia are not too melanin friendly.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cleretic posted:

Is there a thread, in BSS or something, where we can just bring up and talk about these kinds of 'remember that one time' events that make no goddamn sense? Because I don't read comics, but I love when I occasionally hear things like 'Peter Parker once got turned into a giant spider and gave birth to himself' or 'Ultron once turned Tony Stark's suit, with him still inside it, into an android based off Wasp'.

I made that thread.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I forgot about the YEARS in the 90s where Hulk was just a very handsome and intelligent man who happened to be green and huge.

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010

Sleeveless posted:

I saw some leaked shots of the movie and if nothing else those orcs are going to look insane, it's all makeup and prosthetics.

Uh, not sure if you're joking or not because the orcs are CGI and done by ILM, hence why they look legit.

The eyes in the first one creep me out a little though, they're so... human.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
How the hell do you run a ring through a tusk?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Corek posted:

I forgot about the YEARS in the 90s where Hulk was just a very handsome and intelligent man who happened to be green and huge.

And everyone hated it.

Peanut President posted:

The orcs have advanced dentistry but they don't make good use of it.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Peanut President posted:

You dont have to go through all the way, I imagine. Just enough to pop it in so it 'pinches' onto the bone.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Peanut President posted:

With a drill, I'd guess. They have weirdo steampunk technology on both sides in Warcraft so I can buy it.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Those Orcs are the opposite of Uncanny Valley. I can't help but be lost in their eyes, and I can't put that feeling into words without sounding gay.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Nov 3, 2015

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Those Orcs have some serious "Harry & The Hendersons" eyes.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Gonz posted:

Those Orcs have some serious "Harry & The Hendersons" eyes.

Not sure when the story is to take place, but the Orcs used to be a (generally) peaceful, shamanic culture, not unlike early native americans. Then one of their shamans went evil and duped the rest, turning most other orcs evil as well.

In a lot of ways, the Orcs are sort of the antiheroes in WoW, as they are only evil because of being tricked and poisoned, where humans are generally just assholes all the time for no specific reason.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Not sure when the story is to take place, but the Orcs used to be a (generally) peaceful, shamanic culture, not unlike early native americans. Then one of their shamans went evil and duped the rest, turning most other orcs evil as well.

In a lot of ways, the Orcs are sort of the antiheroes in WoW, as they are only evil because of being tricked and poisoned, where humans are generally just assholes all the time for no specific reason.

And then what happened?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

net cafe scandal posted:

And then what happened?

With the original timeline, the Orcs got corrupted by drinking demons blood, their homeland of Draenor got blasted apart becoming Outland, and you get the original Warcraft games, where they went through the Dark Portal and battle humans for control of Azeroth.

With the current expansion, the timeline split. So now there's an alternate timeline where the original orcs never got corrupted, but still chose to invade current Azeroth. So the current Orcs and the Humans have semi-teamed up to go through the Dark Portal into alt-Draenor and push back the old Orcs so they don't kill everyone (since they don't like Humans or current Orcs). It's get's a bit confusing, and there's some serious Biff/Sports Almanic bullshit going on.

I'm not sure if the storyline for the movie has been released, but if I had to guess I'd say you'll probably get everything up to the Burning Crusade (bad guys that corrupted the Orcs) showing up in Azeroth, and the Orcs and Humans realizing that maybe tearing each others throats out isn't the best use of their time.

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Nov 3, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

With the original timeline, the Orcs got corrupted by drinking demons blood, their homeland of Draenor got blasted apart becoming Outland, and you get the original Warcraft games, where they went through the Dark Portal and battle humans for control of Azeroth.

With the current expansion, the timeline split. So now there's an alternate timeline where the original orcs never got corrupted, but still chose to invade current Azeroth. So the current Orcs and the Humans have semi-teamed up to go through the Dark Portal into alt-Draenor and push back the old Orcs so they don't kill everyone (since they don't like Humans or current Orcs).

It's get's a bit confusing, and there's some serious Biff/Sports Almanic bullshit going on.

And what happened after that?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

net cafe scandal posted:

And what happened after that?

Blizz grows increasingly desperate to retain customers as their core design team is fleeing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Those Orcs are the opposite of Uncanny Valley. I can't help but be lost in their eyes, and I can't put that feeling into words without sounding gay.

I've heard Grom Hellscream called "the Val Kilmer of orcs."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also the humans put orcs in concentration camps and then some other stuff happened.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Trying to recount the lore of Warcraft is a fool's errand since the guy in charge of it all constantly retconned his own story at every possible step, even before time travel got involved.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Lurdiak posted:

I've heard Grom Hellscream called "the Val Kilmer of orcs."

A fat rear end in a top hat who did some cool poo poo?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Shoehead posted:

A fat rear end in a top hat who did some cool poo poo?

I mean, that also applies, but it was meant in the sense of being ~dreamy~

:swoon:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah hasn't the Warcraft story always pretty much been whatever Blizzard wanted it to be at that exact moment?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lurdiak posted:

Trying to recount the lore of Warcraft is a fool's errand since the guy in charge of it all constantly retconned his own story at every possible step, even before time travel got involved.

Including once where he just plain forgot that something happened, and didn't bother to look up the relevant stuff.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Including once where he just plain forgot that something happened, and didn't bother to look up the relevant stuff.

'Once'. Plenty of times.

(Which one you thinking of. Eredar?)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MikeJF posted:

'Once'. Plenty of times.

(Which one you thinking of. Eredar?)

Yeah, that was the one I was thinking of. Not the worst retcon, but one of the stupidest.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I wish Kilmer worked more in movies I wanted to see, not bullshit like Mindhunters.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Red Shirt Guy confirmed

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DrVenkman posted:

I wish Kilmer worked more in movies I wanted to see, not bullshit like Mindhunters.

Val Kilmer is like the Robert Downey Junior who never got redeemed, letting all the talent go to waste. Only in this case replace drugs with food and apathy.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

DrVenkman posted:

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang makes up for a lot.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
He's also a Christian Scientist who is reportedly letting some kind of neck cancer / goiter slowly kill him because his religion doesn't allow proper medical treatment.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Val Cancer

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Corek posted:

Was this when they called him The Professor

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Joe Fixit was the best Hulk.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lurdiak posted:

Really? The major beats seemed pretty constant throughout, it just got really confusing when they threw in time fuckery (unsurprisingly).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Really? The major beats seemed pretty constant throughout, it just got really confusing when they threw in time fuckery (unsurprisingly).

At a glance, sure, but if you ever actually get into it, you'll realize it's really never made any sense. If you want a headache, read up on Garona Halforcen sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The booklets with all the history that came with Warcraft 2 is probably the best book I've ever read.