Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Attending minor league baseball games

Keeping score at minor league baseball games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Getting diagnosed with conditions they inflicted on themselves like heart disease and diabetes, ignoring their doctor’s advice and continuing to eat like poo poo, getting repeatedly hospitalized for the diseases they refuse to treat, perceiving genuine concerns by loved ones as personal attacks, being so stubborn that said love ones are forced to come to terms with the fact that the person they care for is choosing to kill themselves this way and therefore must be removed from their lives for their own mental well-being, nearly dying, suddenly coming to terms with their own mortality and changing their destructive habits, luring their loved ones back in, then dropping dead on the shitter because it was already too late, making everyone sad again lol

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Joining a facebook group for the high school you graduated from 50 years ago and posting weekly updates about how the sportsball team was sooooooooooo much better back when you went there.

Bonus is you post about how much you hate that the mascot was changed from "Redskins" to "Redhawks"

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

houstonguy posted:

Getting diagnosed with conditions they inflicted on themselves like heart disease and diabetes, ignoring their doctor’s advice and continuing to eat like poo poo, getting repeatedly hospitalized for the diseases they refuse to treat, perceiving genuine concerns by loved ones as personal attacks, being so stubborn that said love ones are forced to come to terms with the fact that the person they care for is choosing to kill themselves this way and therefore must be removed from their lives for their own mental well-being, nearly dying, suddenly coming to terms with their own mortality and changing their destructive habits, luring their loved ones back in, then dropping dead on the shitter because it was already too late, making everyone sad again lol

I have a story

Aunt had a mole on her neck that was purple. I said "hey that looks like cancer". She got offended.

Mole got bigger. "Hey that still looks like cancer". She was still offended.

Mole still there. "Hey maybe you should get that checked out". "I DON'T LIKE DOCTORS"

Mole looks deadly. "That looks terrible".

She got it removed a week later. It was cancer.

Boomers don't mind dying early deaths as long as they look fabulous while doing so.

(she never thanked me)

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Mind_Taker posted:

Holy poo poo.

Somehow, the hall I belong to started partnering with the local minor baseball team, and we started selling 50/50 tickets at the games. My dad, as part of the executive, had to show up and sell these tickets once in a while (as did I back when I was part of the team and lived in town).

Somehow, he's actually gotten into the game there. Not big enough to know who any of the players are, but he's actually following the team and updating me on how they do. It's uncanny. He's never shown interest in baseball at all, but somehow he's now into that team.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Minor league games rule. Nice way to spend lazy summer afternoon on the cheap. They’ll even let you bring your own booze sometimes.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
Is Denis Leary a boomer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hqRV5hr8w4

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

boomers think potato chips, cookies, and juice is an appropriate lunch for a child.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

The Cosmic Kid posted:

Posting on the Steve Hoffman Forums that their favourite classic rock artist hasn't released anything good in the last 40 years, but continuing to buy everything they put out on the day of release (and making drat sure you know they bought it on Physical Media).

Claiming that said classic rock artist "owes" them (what they are owed is unclear, but entitlement is their default mode) because if it hadn't been for them supporting the musician by seeing 5 concerts in the 70s they never would have become a success

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
boomers like to watch the weather chanel for 6 hours a day and still don't see evidence of climate change

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

houstonguy posted:

On that note: Hoarding

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

idk if Dennis Leary is statistically a boomer but he exudes raw boomer power

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Live Free posted:

i'm an assshooollllllleeeeeeeooooeeeeeoooeeeeeeOOOOOOOOeeeeeOOOOEeeeeeOOOOO

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Live Free posted:

when he said 'www dot what the gently caress dot com' or whatever every boomer got 40 years added to their lives due to the raw energy released into the world by that.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

old beast lunatic posted:

boomers like to watch the weather chanel for 6 hours a day and still don't see evidence of climate change

Boomers love the local Fox news affiliated and unironically enjoy having push notifications on their phones from said local news affiliates weather application.

Boomers also love to latch onto pop culture fads and talk down to younger people about it while displaying gross amounts of ignorance on said subject.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

LOL if you think they're watching it for the weather. It's the blonde in her late 20s wearing a tight dress.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

i'm an assshooollllllleeeeeeeooooeeeeeoooeeeeeeOOOOOOOOeeeeeOOOOEeeeeeOOOOO

he stole that joke, and thus his entire career, from louis ck, serial masturbator

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Understanding It's A Wonderful Life as a morality play about the dire consequences suffered by honest businessmen when commie agitators are allowed to sway the populace

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Boomers love dipping their loving Mama Blue’s Southern Charmed Fried Shrimp in loving ketchup

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

MC Hawking posted:

Boomers also love to latch onto pop culture fads and talk down to younger people about it while displaying gross amounts of ignorance on said subject.

A couple of years ago, my dad told me out of nowhere he thought that Lady Gaga's career had disappeared because, and I quote, "We haven't heard from Gaga, there, in a while."

He doesn't follow any music or movie news, but extrapolated this based on his very, very narrow understanding.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Supporting sex offenders

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Gaunab posted:

Being sex offenders

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
wierd popular music about being a sex offender

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

wierd popular music about being a sex offender

Strongly defending weirdly popular songs about being a sex offender.

VERY strongly defending the singers of those songs when it's revealed that they are sex offenders.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Boomers like facebook

The other day my dad posted a picture of him from when he was still working and a bunch of his old boomer work buddies were reminiscing about work like "haha mist have been end of quarter! Things sure got crazy!" and one of them swoops in out of no where and is like crazy aggro calling out one of the other guys in the thread like "Larry Jones is a fat piece of poo poo and I pray I meet his fat rear end alone in an alley I would love to feel my fist sink into his fat gut gently caress that piece of poo poo i wonder where he was in that picture probably on his knees under Tom's desk sucking hos cock like he always was gently caress that fat idiot"

It was very :yikes:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Nooner posted:

Boomers like facebook

The other day my dad posted a picture of him from when he was still working and a bunch of his old boomer work buddies were reminiscing about work like "haha mist have been end of quarter! Things sure got crazy!" and one of them swoops in out of no where and is like crazy aggro calling out one of the other guys in the thread like "Larry Jones is a fat piece of poo poo and I pray I meet his fat rear end alone in an alley I would love to feel my fist sink into his fat gut gently caress that piece of poo poo i wonder where he was in that picture probably on his knees under Tom's desk sucking hos cock like he always was gently caress that fat idiot"

It was very :yikes:

This is how I imagine goons are gonna be like when they get old.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Animal-Mother posted:

he stole that joke, and thus his entire career, from louis ck, serial masturbator

To be fair to Dennis, most of his material wasn't stolen from Louis, it was stolen from Bill Hicks

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Toby Keith songs about suburban living

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Bonzo posted:

Joining a facebook group for the high school you graduated from 50 years ago and posting weekly updates about how the sportsball team was sooooooooooo much better back when you went there.

Bonus is you post about how much you hate that the mascot was changed from "Redskins" to "Redhawks"

Is this highschool in Alberta?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Panfilo posted:

This is how I imagine goons are gonna be like when they get old.

What do you mean by "when they get old"?

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

CPL593H posted:

Boomers already claimed Kevin Costner and Waterworld, what else is left for goons?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Testikles posted:

Is this highschool in Alberta?

Kentucky but the way (political) things are in Alberta right now, hard to tell the difference.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Boomers like being offended by sex.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Boomers like Photoshop threads and show Forrest Gump at other recent historic events

no that's me. I think that would be an awesome thread

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

CPL593H posted:

Old as gently caress vs old as hell

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Yknow what Baby Boomers just cannot get enough of? Arguing with their Shrimpstress about how they really should be getting more Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp for what they’re paying, as if she has any say in the matter

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Yknow what Baby Boomers just cannot get enough of? Arguing with their Shrimpstress about how they really should be getting more Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp for what they’re paying, as if she has any say in the matter

There's a new thread you might like: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3890362

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Mind_Taker posted:

[that pic of the young guy turning into a granpa]

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Remarking that old town road is not real country music while listening to Florida Georgia Line and other autotuned poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Taylor Swift = Country

Its just science