Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

pointlessone posted:

The Bond 50 only contains the Broccoli films, so no Operation Double 007 or the others there, either. Unless they're stuck in on the bonus disk, I haven't even started in on that one.

Nah, Double Double-Oh-Seven isn't on any official Bond stuff or included in any collections. Most likely due to how amazingly bad it is.

And if I could, I would totally go see every James Bond movie in theaters (Okay, maybe not some of the Moore ones) just for the sheer novelty of it, not to mention the great sound system and huge screen. Some of the more action-packed 007 movies must be pretty fun to watch on the big screen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There's a local theater in Orlando that sometimes holds Bond-themed New Year parties.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

MGM tries to ignore that Never Say Never Again exists, and I agree with that sentiment. I mean it's just Thunderball again with a way too old Connery, and Kim Basinger.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

FlamingLiberal posted:

MGM tries to ignore that Never Say Never Again exists, and I agree with that sentiment. I mean it's just Thunderball again with a way too old Connery, and Kim Basinger.

And a mediocre theme song.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Junior Jr. posted:

And a mediocre theme song.

No one can live up to Tom Jones in a remake attempt, it is a scientific fact.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Moonraker: Concept Art, Production and Gadget shots and background information

Hugo Drax

Holly Goodhead

JAWS!

Anyone else think Jaws looks weird in his wallpaper? Like as if it's an informercial and Richard Kiel is trying to sell you a mini-Jaws figurine?

Oh and Jaws IS AN ACCOMPLISHED SKY DIVER

Props and Gadgets

Production Shots

Concept Art

Drax Industries

And this is it for the bonus content updates, aside from an upcoming video or two. I still have to get in touch with ChaosArgate to see if we'll do some Skyfall gameplay.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

For the record, I'm planning on recording the Skyfall stuff, but I've been a bit busy as of late so it might not happen for a little bit.

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
"An Accomplished Sky Diver" :stare:

Unless that was an inside-joke, Eurocom seems to rely on us reliving the memories of the movies by having never seen them at all.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Digital Jello posted:

"An Accomplished Sky Diver" :stare:

Unless that was an inside-joke, Eurocom seems to rely on us reliving the memories of the movies by having never seen them at all.

Jaws performed worse than the bad guy in the Beastie Boys' video "Body Movin'" which itself was a parody of the film Diabolik, which tried desperately to make a name for itself in the spy movie genre and failed miserably.

Wikipedia posted:

Diabolik: The Original Sin is a 2009 video game developed by Artematica and published by Black Bean Games for Wii, PlayStation Portable, PC, Nintendo DS and PlayStation 2 systems.

Oh no... :suicide:

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 12, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Just a friendly reminder that this LP is not dead and the final parts will be coming shortly.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god, you actually paid eighteen dollars for that... I am so sorry, CA.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

KieranWalker posted:

Oh my god, you actually paid eighteen dollars for that... I am so sorry, CA.

To be fair, some GS employee conned me into using up rewards points or whatever into getting a Power Up Rewards Pro card so it was 16 bucks. Gamestop's policy lets me get a full refund though if I return it within a week so I'm not going to miss that money for long. :v:

Edit:

What the gently caress does this game need the gamepad for? :staredog:

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 8, 2015

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ChaosArgate posted:

What the gently caress does this game need the gamepad for? :staredog:

How could you possibly forget those awesome mid-mission minigames with such gems as:

Call M to ask about her day
Cause brain tumors with your watch's selective super-laser
Open 1 door in the entire game by button-mashing, which will never occur ever again
and more!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

:negative:

Eurocom, why???

Edit: Holy poo poo I'm storming Fort Knox and a dude just shot a rocket right at my face and I just walked it off.

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 8, 2015

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

ChaosArgate posted:

Edit: Holy poo poo I'm storming Fort Knox and a dude just shot a rocket right at my face and I just walked it off.

Timothy Watson-voiced version of Bond confirmed to be related to 50 Cent.

Also, you ever notice that the games that have to teach you how to use their stealth mechanics are the ones whose stealth mechanics... y'know... don't loving work?
i say this like they've ever worked in a game that doesn't teach them either

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

What about MGS or Splinter Cell?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

What about MGS or Splinter Cell?

Or Dishonored?

Wolfenstein: The New Order?

Also, what about Sneak King?

I mean, seriously. Why was that made, and did it actually exist or was it an unusually vivid mass halucination?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

chiasaur11 posted:

I mean, seriously. Why was that made, and did it actually exist or was it an unusually vivid mass halucination?

Are you talking about Legends or King? Because Sneak King had better review scores than Legends did, and therefore I can't let you diss a legitimate game :colbert:

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
Sneak King was pretty good.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I would much rather play Sneak King than 007 Legends.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I finished. gently caress this game. I'll try to have the video done by next week.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
It's pretty telling when a game about a creepy burger mascot surprising people with food scores better than an action game starring a long running franchise.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

nendymion posted:

It's pretty telling when a game about a creepy burger mascot surprising people with food scores better than an action game starring a long running franchise.

It's also telling that Daniel Craig didn't voice Bond in this game.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So there's an interview video from 2012, with the Script Writer for the game.

I hate him.

Best quotes from it are:

"We have no greater source to bring [007] Legends to life" - when asked about his working relationship with the Dev

"There's a lot of choice in the game" - when speaking about gameplay, then lists: Being sneaky or guns blazing. So 2 choices.

"Much of the game is pretty much dictated by player choice" - when questioned on how the story and levels play out.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

"Much of the game is pretty much dictated by player choice" - when questioned on how the story and levels play out.

Player choice being "suck it up and play through the game so the $60 bucks I spent on it at launch (because there's no way anyone bought it after a price-drop except for the purpose of LPing it) don't feel like a waste" or "take it back/get that one courtesy Steam refund right the gently caress away".

David D. Davidson posted:

It's also telling that Daniel Craig didn't voice Bond in this game.

To be perfectly fair, that could just as well have been because he was actually playing the character in Skyfall at the time.
Then again, I don't know how long movies typically go between the point where everything's been filmed and it's actually released. And, like I'm pretty sure I mentioned before, this game demonstrated that Activision understands that movies based on games are always terrible, but not why that's the case, or that video game tie-ins for movies are also always terrible for the same reasons. Dumb decisions leading to "hey let's hire a sound-alike even when the real deal is available long enough to record everything we want" wouldn't surprise me at this point.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Kadorhal posted:

Then again, I don't know how long movies typically go between the point where everything's been filmed and it's actually released.

It can be quite long. Finding a distributor was obviously no problem since the deal for Skyfall was worked out long before a single frame was filmed, but I believe filming for Skyfall completed in May 2012. That would make it 5 months from the end of principle photography to the London premiere. They were still doing post-production concurrent with filming, which is why there was a short gap.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Mission 13: Skyfall DLC

And here we have it, the Skyfall DLC! We've officially completed the campaign. Once again, I'd like to extend my thanks to ChaosArgate for being able to pick up a copy, and record the footage, so that we could show it off.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I apologize if anyone was disappointed by the month long delay for this, I was busy and I really didn't want to play this. For good reason too! :argh:

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
It's pretty funny that the one fight that had it been melee would actually mesh with the movie. However they somehow screw it up and made it the one gun boss fight in the game. I'm wondering if they intentionally screwed this game over in so many ways.

Doseku fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Feb 17, 2015

Boardroom Jimmy
Aug 20, 2006

Ahhh ballet
Wow, that may have been the most worthless DLC I've ever seen. I get trying to not spoil Skyfall but you have to give something. they don't show the hard drive Patrice stole that led to Bond chasing him through Istanbul. They don't have Bond trying to get information from him as he's hanging from the skyscraper, instead just kicking him off to his death. Bond was pissed in the movie that Patrice fell to his death. Way to not show that off Eurocom. I know I've said this before but this really hammered home just how much of a wasted opportunity this whole game was. Thanks for showing it off. And I find it really funny hearing the contrast between ChaosArgate here as the exasperated player versus how he is in Fae's OOT LP.

Incidentally, this thread was responsible for me getting that big Bond collection for Christmas. There was SO MUCH that could've been done. The idea of this game is really interesting but it'll go down as the perfect example of completely wasted potential.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The best thing this game does is remind you how cool the movies are and how much I'd rather just sit on my couch to watch Bond be cool, in cool locations, with cool characters. And alcohol, sexy ladies (And men), guns, and explosions.

I may do a stream next week to show off the challenge levels to close off the game for good, so we'll see how well that goes. The challenge levels are nothing like the actual game.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Good lord, you two deserve some props for putting up with such an overall crappy game, that DLC especially. I don't think I've seen a more pointless series of missions with absolutely no context for where you are or what you're doing. That boss fight was painful to watch, too. Thanks for the good times, Eurocom.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

We all just need to get together in some format and marathon the Bond series by this point.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That's the worst boss fight I've seen in a long, long time. The DLC was pointless too. If that's supposed to be a 'teaser' for Skyfall, it completely fails.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

chitoryu12 posted:

We all just need to get together in some format and marathon the Bond series by this point.

All the Bond movies are on Amazon Instant, but you need a Prime membership unless you feel like paying $10-12 per movie. Between that and Skype a Rifftrax sort of thing should be possible.

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
Arguably, the DLC got the Patrice fights semi-right in that they at least somewhat followed the events of the actual movie. As teaser trash for the movie, I'd say it was actually one of the few highlights to the game because of that.

Anyhow, this has been an entertaining LP, if only to discourage me from picking up what I thought would be cool Bond homage at one point (long ago). Thanks a bunch for the LP!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Casualty posted:

All the Bond movies are on Amazon Instant, but you need a Prime membership unless you feel like paying $10-12 per movie. Between that and Skype a Rifftrax sort of thing should be possible.

I've got Prime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I continue to enjoy all your varieties of music replacement. You've got so many wonderful tunes to mix into this sometimes lackluster game.

• Locked thread